Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I had been ignoring Luna Snow since she was all event battles and the X23 event you could run all four battles and only get 1 boo of her, with the maximum being 3.

I had her stuck at 1 star with 40 bios from the free ones you get and figured that would be where she stayed.

Then on Saturday I ran her mission and got 29 of her bios as a reward. Which was enough to raise her to 3 stars from the other 40 bios and enough to do her second chapter.

Now I had a spare 5 star and 6 star rank up ticket but not enough bios to get her to four star.
But I did get a Platnium Box as my login reward. I open that and got...a four star rank up ticket.

So in the space of one day I got enough material to rank her up from 1 star to 6 stars. Going to see if she can do some of the low level Shadowland floors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Steve Vader posted:

Thanks for the tips on characters. And I guess I got a little lucky with Cyclops, as I got that Hawk's Eye set after a handful of spins. Does Overdrive or Angry Hulk just work on anybody?

There are exceptions but it's hard to remember them all. If they have a self-attack buff then they'll overwrite the one from the ISO set. Elsa and Quicksilver are two I can think of.

Dramatic Density Enhancement is the choice in some cases like that -- it's got good attack stats even if the proc is defensive. The shield proc from DDE is also decent in PvP because everything is very burst focused, so having a bit of extra HP to start with is better than being able to recover some with Stark or Also Groot (since it's likely you'll just drop dead in the initial burst.) Stark and Groot are still good for Shadowlands, though -- especially if you rotate between characters to give the cooldown time to reset (it'll count down while you're tagged out.)

Someone said that QS actually wants Prince of Lies which I guess is believable. At least it's a use for a dang blue ISO.

Hawk's eye is worse long-term than the other two attack sets because one of the bonuses is cooldown reduction. That's great at first! And really useful, it's one of the first stats you should be trying to max out. Thing is, you can max it out for your entire roster through cards + the alliance bonus (if you're not in an alliance get in one, just apply and post your name.) Cap is 50%, alliance gives 14% and you want to shoot for 30-ish from cards since some people have a bit built into their gear stats.

Other ISO sets aren't necessarily BAD to have per se, it's a question of investment. If you slot really good ISO's to get the bonus from (say) Smart Raccoon for the cooldown reduction, once you improve your cards enough you're going to want to swap that ISO set for another one but you've sunk resources that you won't get back. It's not a big deal at all if you're been slotting 3 and 4* iso's but once you're dropping 6*'s having to switch bonuses can hurt a lot.

Also since we're talking about stats it's worth noting that Ignore Defense is better than all attack, up to the cap of 50%. Attack isn't capped at all so you want it too but point for point ignore defence is worth more for a while.

Oh and ^^- Luna Snow can poop on just about any SL stage she wants to as far as I can tell. Cleared stage 16-ish no sweat for me (at T1.) Finally, something for Misty Knight to do!

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

For obelisks, what fixed stats should I look for in deciding which ones to enhance? I’ve been enhancing immune to guard break, recovery rate, and critical rate so far.

I am also looking for base stats specific for a character. For example, I’ve been powering up obelisks with good cold damage for Luna Snow in hopes of getting better random stats.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

I've got the AoU one on him now. I'm not getting Nazi Cap. I have some principles. I'm unable to bring myself to level up Red Skull or Sin, thanks to the current political (polshitical?) climate.

Yea that's why I stuck with CW Cap, him at his most principled.

Dravs posted:

I would imagine both Cap and Black Panther (and probably Bucky) will be getting new costumes very soon. The BP movie comes out next month with Infinity War the month after. Might be a good idea to see what comes out from that before spending crystals on current costumes.

I'm pretty sure Infinity War is later in the year, I don't think its March. Maybe May? But yea I've been saving crystals specifically for BP update next month.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

justbark posted:

For obelisks, what fixed stats should I look for in deciding which ones to enhance? I’ve been enhancing immune to guard break, recovery rate, and critical rate so far.

I am also looking for base stats specific for a character. For example, I’ve been powering up obelisks with good cold damage for Luna Snow in hopes of getting better random stats.

My opinion. Ultimately it's obviously a question of the characters strengths and flaws but generally I go for Critical Damage, All Defense, and Ignore Dodge as default obelisks to upgrade and give characters. I don't bother upgrading Immunity to _____ obelisks because like... "Immune" is "immune". So I lock a bunch of 2* Immunity obelisks in case I need them and I can upgrade them on the character if it's set.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

justbark posted:

That's basically right. I also sometimes upgrade a +Max HP or +crit damage and rarely +ignore dodge, but the last one in particular is situational (I have one on Silk because I use her to kill a Racon boss in SL but that's about it.) +Fire damage is useful on a bunch of people, +cold on Luna and maybe Loki. +lightning on a couple too. Once I have good enough gear on those people I don't bother looking for better. I go for Max HP over recovery rate because RR is only useful if they have a built-in heal or a heal proc from gear / ISO set. HP is always useful. RR is still good on the ones that can use it though.

ITGB is the main one -- it's rare and very useful on some people, though not everyone needs it. Mostly people with long animations or animations that they need to get through before immunity procs or something. Ignore defense SEEMS like it should be good but it's too easy to cap out.

Basically, I periodically go through the 2*'s and look for ITGB. Lock those, then upgrade them one by one until they get an immunity or (preferrably) the +damage proc. Once they have one of those I stop upgrading or slot them on someone immediately. It's better to have a 3* obo with a good proc than a 6* with a bad one. If it gets to 6* without a good proc I feed it to another 6* I have sitting around for just that purpose, keeping ~4 or so reserved for re-rolls. Anything but ITGB gets fed to an ITGB. If I have no 2* ITGB and I need to clear up inventory space, I'll do one of the other bonuses sort of at random and hope for a good proc somewhere along the upgrade path.

Never upgrade a gear once it's slotted on a character since you can go from a good proc to a poor one.

Oh, the freeze proc is a little underrated, for Shadowlands and PvP mostly. I keep it sometimes.

E: Oh, an immune to snare on your main ABX combat guy can be really useful but you only really need one.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 28, 2018

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Ign: Orgofart

I applied to Goonlactus since that was a pretty rad name. If there is a more active or better alliance let me know.

I am so glad this game has Squirrel Girl in it, she is my fave hero!

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

What does K-Pop waifu’s “entice” debuff from her 4* actually do?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Is there a way to get m'kraan crystals apart from the two epic quest missions per day and occasionally lucking out on a world boss reward? I just assumed there was a way to process m'kraan shards, but there doesn't seem to be one, and it's going to take forever to get through the epic quest at this rate. I really hope I'm being dumb and missing something obvious here.

edit: I just realized you can scroll right in the material processor. Welp.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Is there a way to get m'kraan crystals apart from the two epic quest missions per day and occasionally lucking out on a world boss reward? I just assumed there was a way to process m'kraan shards, but there doesn't seem to be one, and it's going to take forever to get through the epic quest at this rate. I really hope I'm being dumb and missing something obvious here.

edit: I just realized you can scroll right in the material processor. Welp.

Also the Magneto mission

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just remembered I used a 6-star jump thing on Anti-Man, so I don't have to farm his bios. I just need to master him and level him.

I know nothing about that guy, but he looks weird enough to be fun.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I got super fed up with just facing timeline battles of Wolverine + 2 others so I tried to whale myself through the x-men epic quest. Finally stuck on the bit where it wants something like 3 rank 6 BAM. Going to cost around 16.5 million apparently :smithicide:

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Dravs posted:

I got super fed up with just facing timeline battles of Wolverine + 2 others so I tried to whale myself through the x-men epic quest. Finally stuck on the bit where it wants something like 3 rank 6 BAM. Going to cost around 16.5 million apparently :smithicide:

There is the exact same step on the Strange epic quest. Took a lot of world bosses and Shadowland but I've finally finished both as of today. I'm trying to remember buy you need T2 materials for the +15 character gear on Wolverine too.

*I haven't done Strange's gears yet, so I'm guessing he needs BAM while Wolverine needed mutant feathers and farts.

Loten fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 29, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I recently completed the Dr. Strange and Wolverine quests.

Most of Wolvies gear up and costume up stuff takes Phoenix Feathers while Strange need a Black Anti matter.

Here are two guides on the quest chain.

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/6fuxmx/xmen_epic_quest_guide/

And

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/59qrrq/dr_strange_epic_quest_guide/

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dravs posted:

I'm stuck there, too.

On Strange, I'm stuck needing 1200 Norn Stones of Chaos, which are equally hard to come by. I've been stuck there for months, I think. But I'm finally nudging up to be able to plink at World Bosses, so maybe I can finally make progress.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I'm stuck there, too.

On Strange, I'm stuck needing 1200 Norn Stones of Chaos, which are equally hard to come by. I've been stuck there for months, I think. But I'm finally nudging up to be able to plink at World Bosses, so maybe I can finally make progress.

Have you tried the World Boss Beginner stages instead? They are significantly easier and still give T2 mats just not as many.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Fried Sushi posted:

Have you tried the World Boss Beginner stages instead? They are significantly easier and still give T2 mats just not as many.

I hadn't in a while, but I just tried it and fought Corvus Glaive about 40 times in the same fight (how many times does he heal up to full?) and lost. But I didn't have my T2 2099 available, though since I'd already beaten Supergiant once. Maybe I'd outlast him if I did.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Starting out for Corvus specifically you want to pack 3ish dodge ignore strikers. All the other WB you just want high-damage strikers or ones with good buffs, but every time corvus dies he comes back with a bit more dodge. At some point (once you have enough native T2's) you can just DPS through and kill him anyway but if you're struggling try getting Black Widow, Songbird, and Kate Bishop as backup -- they're all dodge ignore strikers and pretty good anyway. Agent 13 is easy to farm but is pretty meh.

Or use a dodge ignore leader -- Bullseye, Robbie Reyes -- for much the same effect.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Just realized I've got a CTP of Transcendence somehow, who does this trinket do best on? Also, I've been leveling Wiccan for a little bit, and I feel like this boy shits damage. Is he worth the T2, or does he start falling off?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

Just realized I've got a CTP of Transcendence somehow, who does this trinket do best on? Also, I've been leveling Wiccan for a little bit, and I feel like this boy shits damage. Is he worth the T2, or does he start falling off?

I'm rerolling one to use on Loki since it's an All Attack bonus that his clones will benefit from, but the only reason I'm doing that is for Supergiant Extreme so ymmv

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah Loki is a good candidate

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Wiccan is a good choice for T2 eventually, once you have a big roster. I definitely wouldn't make him a priority.

He's good enough in Shadowlands at T1 that the resources or ticket is better off boosting someone else.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Now that I know how low the cost is to T2 the origonal roster, I'm obessed with getting them all to t2. Mostly that will enable me to save my good characters for the higher level SL stages. Got IF and IM, now working on Iron Man and Black Widow.

BUt I have no idea what to use the 300 bios from the end of the 7 day checkin on. I'm not going to use it on someone I can easily farm, and the only can't farm but can use selector on that I want to actually work on is Red Hulk and Hellcat, but I feel like Red Hulk i the best idea.

The BP pre event is going to be pretty much just going to get me norn stones as I already have BP at t2.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have Black Panther at T2 but its probably not the worst idea in the world to collect the bios as there's probably a costume coming you can upgrade. But yeah, I'm probably going to get stones since BP is farmable.

I've become obsessed with T2ing the early characters too. Since the price decrease I've done Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Luke Cage, Vision, Punisher, Venom, Green Goblin, and Mockingbird. I've currently got the resources to T2 Daredevil, Elektra, Hawkeye, Blade, Bullseye, Doc Ock, Sharon Carter, and Ultron and am just debating if 2 of them is worth more than using the chaos stones to get Scarlet Witch her 6^ mastery. I'm leaning towards the T2s as SW already seems to be kind of a beast even without the extra energy boost.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think I’m gonna use the 300 on Misty knight to buff up Luna.

I’m going to assume that the BP update with being about new cinematic battles and his bios might be worth it if they do a new costume mythical bonus like they did with ragnorak.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Good point. It would make sense for a new Cinematic Battle for this movie so a BP costume might need to get to Mythic for the big prize. The only holdup seems like there don't seem to be any other characters already in the game so the update would have to add 4 new characters from the movie to make it work. But I can definitely see them doing that.

Or I guess its possible Cap, Iron Man, or Bucky or someone is in Black Panther and I just didn't notice. Or they could use them anyway and do Civil War "scenes".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If anything Bucky will probably be a Post or Mid Credits scene.

Oh speaking of cinematic battles, I'm only stuck on the final battle on the Ragnarok, and I feel like T2ing Hulk of Valkyrie will help. Though I'm not sure which to do. Both are probably a good choice, but I want to level Hulk, but Valkyrie might be the better choice, her being a premium character.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

If anything Bucky will probably be a Post or Mid Credits scene.

Oh speaking of cinematic battles, I'm only stuck on the final battle on the Ragnarok, and I feel like T2ing Hulk of Valkyrie will help. Though I'm not sure which to do. Both are probably a good choice, but I want to level Hulk, but Valkyrie might be the better choice, her being a premium character.

Do you have Coulson T2d already?

Hulk T2 with the uniform is a solid choice but Valkyrie will probably let you finish it and a bunch of other things if you're stuck.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kegslayer posted:

Do you have Coulson T2d already?

Hulk T2 with the uniform is a solid choice but Valkyrie will probably let you finish it and a bunch of other things if you're stuck.

There only things I can't do are

Apocalypse World Boss with anyone other than Wanda and Jean, and one of them has to be sacrificed
Hard Mode WB and Alliance Battle.

Oh and stuck at SL 17 but that's more because I just don't have enough characters that can clear it than them actually being too hard for my crew.

I used it on Hulk because that's what I was always going to do, I shouldn't have even considered anything else, but now for the next its either Valkyrie or Kraven.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Valkyrie is a pretty good character outside of her T2 skill as well; I just love spamming dudes with winged horses.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

My Black Panther is only 4* I need to get him rolling, didn't realize the movie is coming up so fast. I finally got Jean to 6/6/60 4x15 and god drat. I thought Nova was good but she is ridiculous. She cuts through Hard Villain Siege like the rest of my roster does Easy. Maybe I can start trying World Boss Ultimate now.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have not been more excited for a Marvel movie than I am for Black Panther, as I'm a longtime Priest champion and I'm stoked it's finally getting its due.

Black Panther was my first T2 (I think... it's possible I did MODOK first instead, but he's 1 or 2). I really want a costume that will make him a force to be reckoned with. I was going to use my Mythic Costume token on Ultron (although I don't know how much having a Mythic costume will boost his effectiveness), but I might save it for whatever comes out for Panther.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I was going to use my Mythic Costume token on Ultron

Please don't do this, it hurts me to think of you doing this.

A good use for the token, depending on what happens with Black Panther update, is to use it on Loki or Thor with their Ragnarok uniforms. Then you do their cinematic battle stage and get a pretty good Mythical Card.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Fried Sushi posted:

Please don't do this, it hurts me to think of you doing this.

A good use for the token, depending on what happens with Black Panther update, is to use it on Loki or Thor with their Ragnarok uniforms. Then you do their cinematic battle stage and get a pretty good Mythical Card.

Jeez, Ultron is considered that bad, huh? I guess it's good that I played the crappy guys first, or else they'd never get played.

I've managed to get by all the cinematics except I can't beat Hela at the end.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You're just passing up an easy way to get some good cards by not using it on Thor/Loki Ragnorak. Wait for the Black Panther update notes though because he might get a mythical costume reward that is worth using it on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

Jeez, Ultron is considered that bad, huh? I guess it's good that I played the crappy guys first, or else they'd never get played.

I've managed to get by all the cinematics except I can't beat Hela at the end.

The goal in the Cinematic Battles isn't beating the stages. Its:

A) Doing the five missions daily to get the daily prizes. They're small but they cost nothing but a little time and sometimes you get a jackpot.

B) Working up the characters with the requirements on the top left because you get prizes. So with Thor you get a prize when you T2 him, when you put on his costume, and when you take the costume to each elevated rank level. When you get to Mythic you get a valuable card. Loki gives a card too. Hela and Hulk give CTPs. Not sure about Valkyrie (but she doesn't have a costume so you all you have to do is get her to T2).

That's why everyone's saying to save your prize for Thor, Loki, Black Panther, or another cinematic character. Because you get a big prize when you take their costumes to Mythic.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

In case all the new folks have missed it, we have a very active discord channel here:

https://discord.gg/RmRPzew

The discord itself has a FF Channel I made specifically for our safety. Come on in!

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I just started playing and got Sharon Rogers to 6* (red) and Squirrel Girl to 6* (half red). I have a few 6* card and I picked up Luna Snow a while back, is she a good hero to use this on? I can't seem to find her Bios in any nap so I don't know if it's a good pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Luna is a pretty viable choice to 6* asap. She's a top tier speed character and those are sorta hard to come by. I don't have her gears upgraded all the way but she stomped a level 16ish SL stage this week for me which neither Kid Kaiju nor Ironheart can do totally reliably for me (also both at T1.)

Note that to eventually T2 her you'll need to bio sub but she seems totally viable to keep at 1 for a long while.

Is she an option from the selector though? They mighta changed new player rewards at some point.