Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Had an excellent game where my squad and I posted up in a house smack dab in the middle of the final two zones.

Having to defend the house from five different squads and getting that sweet chicken dinner is probably going to be my PUBG hilight for a very long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Housecampers are trash.

The only exception is the little compound northeast of the big blue warehouse south of Yasnaya. That compound is the single most defendable place in the entire game and god bless it's little heart

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

The Mash posted:

Housecampers are trash.

The only exception is the little compound northeast of the big blue warehouse south of Yasnaya. That compound is the single most defendable place in the entire game and god bless it's little heart

The guy running in is you (trash).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p25NadFXd8&t=24s

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Assuming you have an AR and maybe a 2x scope, at what range do you usually decide to commit against an opponent?

I have this happen a lot where I’ll see a guy running at 75-200m. I’ll take a few shots and usually score a couple of hits before they find cover.

At this point I’ve given myself away and subsequently get murdered by a third party who I’ve alerted to my presence.

How is make chicken?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i've had a bunch of games lately where plane started over power plant and nobody dropped there or substation and it's loving bizarre. substation is one of the best loot density places there is.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man, I cannot get this loving game to run.

Not indicated is that I'm running a Geforce GTX 1050ti. Yet it just hangs right after the publisher logo disappears?! Is it because PUBG hates my AMD cpu?

I'm already planning to get myself an SSD (and upgrade my OS to WIN10) but I can't believe how much upgrading it takes to get this game to run.

Like when I'm finally done with all this, I'm just going to crank everything down to low. It's frustrating to know it demands so much.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's the SSD. That's literally it. OS doesn't matter. I still use Win7.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Watch my terrible video of me being terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66s7I7UHSJI

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

Groovelord Neato posted:

i've seen a weird thing a couple times when watching death cams. it'll show my reaction as a second or so slower than it was in the actual fight.
In the fight you described was he on the move while you were waiting for him to come around the corner? If so the netcode favours him:
  • From your perspective: before you can start shooting at him, you have to wait until the server updates you with his position as within your view
  • From his perspective: he runs around the corner, and, because you aren't been moving, he can see and shoot you before even the server (let alone you) has his updated position as within your view
I realised this after watching a similar replay where I died (in my case it never recorded the shots I made because I was already dead), and since then I've been a bit more aggressive in indoor combat - for example, if someone enters the building I'm looting I will wait until I know they are close then rush them, this seems to work much better than camping a room with cross-hairs on the door.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yup exactly what happened. he had killed my teammate so i knew where he was (and could hear him) and was waiting for him to come into view.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

daslog posted:

Some of those are pretty hilarious screwups where you somehow aim everywhere but at the enemy but some of them look like good shots that somehow didn't kill them. In particular the SCAR spray 2 minutes in looks on point and I dunno how the other guy wasn't dead.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

daslog posted:

I like this very much.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

daslog posted:

Drop your mouse DPI by like six thousand

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Athanatos posted:

My guess was their mousepad is too small or their arm all schrunched up

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

You can get away with skyhigh DPI but you have to be used to it.
https://streamable.com/6m55d
https://streamable.com/ag3az
Sometimes it doesn't help as much:
https://streamable.com/9nhg3

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I play with 2800 DPI which is definitely NOTWHATSHROUDDOES(TM)

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Athanatos posted:

It's set to 400 dpi, 50% in game, 6 out of 11 in windows, mouse pad is giant.

Glad you liked the video.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Streamers use 400 dpi is for streaming reasons, and nothing to do with gameplay (I think)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm too lazy to use my elbow to move the mouse. if being bad is the price i have to pay for only using my wrist then so be it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

VulgarandStupid posted:

Sup thousands DPI buddy B)

I also use 70 in game sensitivty l;ol

cosmicjim posted:

Streamers use 400 dpi is for streaming reasons, and nothing to do with gameplay (I think)

Anyone who uses low DPI is doing it for some kind of gameplay reason because it makes you require bigger movements to aim. progamers use full arm motion to whip their mouse around but i dont have the desk space for that

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

daslog posted:

This is a highlight reel that I can identify with.

A++ shooter. Would miss point blank with a shotgun again.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Shotguns are something you use for the quarter minute after a drop until you find an Uzi.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Party Plane Jones posted:

Shotguns are something you use for the quarter minute after a drop until you find an Uzi.

Whew yeah that's 10/10 wrong there, friend

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Shotguns are fantastic because my first modern FPS was Left 4 Dead. I can't hold on a target but I can twitch like crazy at close quarters.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Shotguns are great if your aim doesn't suck and you've got low ping. Shotguns on high ping are terrible.

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8xGnHIP7s4

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jerkface posted:

progamers use full arm motion to whip their mouse around but i dont have the desk space for that

You probably do. This isn't CS, you can have a high sensitivity when you walk around and still use a much lower one when you aim down sights.

There's no excuse for high sensitivity :colbert:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I liked shotguns until I read about the way PUBG determines shotgun damage. But I still use them and get kills with them. I got my first sawed off kill on triple islands yesterday while landing warehouses.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Party Plane Jones posted:

Saiga is pretty boss on interiors though, especially with extended mag.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jesus Bluehole. Some of us have monthly data caps. :(

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I've got real bad aim with the autoshotty: https://youtu.be/NgMncRTl00s

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

The CS:GO thread would like to have a word with you all about lowering your sins

E: It autocorrected to sins and im not fixing it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

cool, new patch, that will probably fix my-

lmao welp, looks like im gonna try to reinstall and maybe one or two other things but if that doesn't work, so long for now pubg, guess I'll take a break for a few weeks like I had to do months ago :sad:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oh there's a new patch out hm let's see what's changed

*loads up a match of pubg*

e: lmao okay good it's not just me

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Been like that for me for a day or two now, poo poo is getting old, my dude

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

VulgarandStupid posted:

Jerkface posted:

Sup thousands DPI buddy B)

I also use 70 in game sensitivty l;ol

Anyone who uses low DPI is doing it for some kind of gameplay reason because it makes you require bigger movements to aim. progamers use full arm motion to whip their mouse around but i dont have the desk space for that

Sup... 3200 DPI :smug:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
is anyone else having a bug where instead of being put in a game with other people when you queue, you are instead spawned way out in the ocean in the dark

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

oh there's a new patch out hm let's see what's changed

*loads up a match of pubg*

e: lmao okay good it's not just me

ok yeah i also get this too good patch pubg

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
nevermind

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my question is how this made it onto the live servers? i tried dropping four matches and three of them were bugged

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

is anyone else having a bug where instead of being put in a game with other people when you queue, you are instead spawned way out in the ocean in the dark

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Third person works fine if you want to play a worse game instead of a broken game.

What great devs.