Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
in the not-too-distant future, the letters E L O will appear burnt onto the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Aliens be like fukk yeah jeff lynne rules

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

muckswirler posted:

jeff lynne rules

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

You Am I posted:

One has to wonder how an underground transportation system is going to work in one of the most geologically active areas in the planet

Hey, maybe one of the tunnel drillers might set off "The Big One"

the subways in san Francisco and los angeles, or for that matter tokyo, all work out fine.

they all happen to have a lot more engineering competence applied than lone skum, the guy who managed to gently caress up producing a lovely car

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

muckswirler posted:

Also good on ya. gently caress cameras in an interview.

one of my weirdest interviews was going to a physical office in san francisco, being led to a room, then left alone until the guy in san diego teleconferenced in

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:rip: xerox

acquired by fujifilm for $6.1bn, set to undergo 10000 job losses from consolidation and redundancy elmination

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Lol they're going to discontinue everything good xerox makes just like they do with everything else good they make

gently caress fujifilm

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/958846971506147329

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

:popcorn::

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

the gently caress is that?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

more on amazon,that fashy panopticon job grovel thing is being normalized

i applied for a job at Ping Identity (no qualms about calling them out) and the first step was a purposely un-completable skills assessment in which I had to be on camera the whole time as their AI algorithms deduced my stress levels and nonverbal communication

I, of course, noped the gently caress out of that one.

lol. good on ya.

i imagine this sort of thing ends up self selecting real hard for the sort of power-autists usually confined to google. and in a few years maybe they'll notice they aren't meeting their diversity goals and they keep having to deal with their horde of sociopaths making pr nightmares and terrible products that no one wants

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FrozenVent posted:

ask quig

https://twitter.com/quiggy/status/958847186036502534

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FrozenVent posted:

Haitian creole?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FrozenVent posted:

an sha256 hash?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

FrozenVent posted:

an md5 hash of a string that will later be revealed, posted now as proof she knew the string back then

idk if there's a formal name for those?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sam biddle and sarah jeong unblock me on twitter you motherfuckers

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

FMguru posted:

:rip: xerox

acquired by fujifilm for $6.1bn, set to undergo 10000 job losses from consolidation and redundancy elmination

:stare: yowza

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

efb

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Haitian creole?

actually it’s the game genie code that lets mario jump over the flag pole.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

my bitter bi rival posted:

sam biddle and sarah jeong unblock me on twitter you motherfuckers

You gotta unfollow chapo trap house and cumtown to get off the poo poo list.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

President Beep posted:

in the not-too-distant future, the letters E L O will appear burnt onto the moon.

close enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im the idiot posting in the tech bubble thread who has never heard of incognito mode

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no excuse needed to post that.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

In class, can't play. :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Schadenboner posted:

In class, can't play. :(

smdh if u can’t watch muted and sing along in your head

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

bump_fn posted:

smdh if u can’t watch muted and sing along in your head

Oh yeah, there's no sound here. Playing.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

ate all the Oreos posted:

here's how loving stupid and naive i am: i read that and initially went "oh so they can keep track of who's doing too many repetitive movements and prevent injury, neat" :sigh:

ok woodhouse

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

JawnV6 posted:

an md5 hash of a string that will later be revealed, posted now as proof she knew the string back then

idk if there's a formal name for those?

i figured it was a hash but i didn't realize that's why she posted it. that's super cool to me for some reason

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

same. currently sitting at the teaching station cleaning up. students have no idea what i'm watching :twisted:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i figured it was a hash but i didn't realize that's why she posted it. that's super cool to me for some reason

same kind of idea as 6accdae13eff7i3l9n4o4qrr4s8t12ux (http://www.mathpages.com/home/kmath414/kmath414.htm)

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sagebrush posted:

the first one i recall was about someone awful in the crypto community, applebaum?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

Finished.

Trip report: was good.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

same. currently sitting at the teaching station cleaning up. students have no idea what i'm watching :twisted:

having fun imagining one of those situations where the instructor doesn’t realize that their computer is still hooked up to the projector.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

JawnV6 posted:

the first one i recall was about someone awful in the crypto community, applebaum?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/21/16807116/infosec-community-sexual-predators-weinstein-assault

written by none other than sarah jeong. pls be ok sarah :ohdear:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

It's disturbing to me that appelbaum is permitted near a university. Talk about a fox in a henhouse. He should be gelded and thrown into the ocean.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

cis autodrag posted:

He should be gelded and thrown into the ocean.

:same:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bump_fn posted:

im the idiot posting in the tech bubble thread who has never heard of incognito mode

its the principle of it.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.