Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

90% of the time it doesn't really matter unless you're playing in really high MMR solo queue but in general:

Ideally every team should have one single target Nuker, usually mid (Liss, Zed), one peeling Support, one Pure Tank (Garen, Cho), one Crit DPS (ADCs) and one Sustained DPS Tank (Warwick, Xin Zhao)

Just pick your champion's damage type and role into that as best you can

but like I said, most of the time it doesn't matter and the only thing that's actually important is shitstomping your opposing laner so hard that they're hopelessly behind or go AFK from rage at themselves/their team

i dunno about ideal, but that is the easiest team comp to play so it is ideal i guess for solo queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

If you are a jungler, get a couple good tank jg heroes in your rotation too. People love to pick no CC burst heroes for every loving lane

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Razzled posted:

can someone do this for mid? like when does your team want a blower upper man mid vs a sustained dps mid (i.e. ziggs vs taliyah)

Comp doesn't really matter that much in solo queue, honestly. With a mild few exceptions, every champion can take you to Masters easily if you spend the time learning them and commit to them.

Individual power spikes are hard to map without making an extensive list, and I don't know enough about mid to speak authoritatively about everyone's spikes. A good rule of thumb is that most champions spike at around 2 items, though how dramatically they spike varies. Typically, champions with high base damage will spike decently at one and a half items (usually Morello's + Haunting Guise with Sorc Boots), while champions with low base damage but high AP scaling will spike more towards 3~ items. Some champions have very good level 6 all-ins (Syndra, Zed, etc.), and others have very bad level 6 all-ins (Ryze, Taliyah, etc.). Midlane assassins like Katarina and Talon have specific level spikes (usually level 3) where they can all-in if they're competent and start with a certain item buy. Just playing against them a lot, noting their item purchases, and figuring out when fighting them goes from "very easy" to "very hard" is a good way to determine their spikes.

pog boyfriend posted:

i dunno about ideal, but that is the easiest team comp to play so it is ideal i guess for solo queue.

Front-to-back teamfighting is the easiest comp to execute in solo queue, definitely. In practice, you're going to get a golden comp with people who can play their roles competently in only a handful of games, so it's best not to worry about what you're picking. I got to Plat 1 playing nothing but support Lux last season. A guy got to Diamond 2 playing support Rek'Sai. There was a guy on Reddit who got to Challenger playing almost nothing but AP Gragas mid. As long as your champ can fulfill the minimum functions of their role, you can play whatever champion into whatever teamcomp and drag yourself up the ladder.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 31, 2018

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/01/champion-roadmap-january-2018/

tl;dr:

next champion is vayne 2.0 noooo
irelia keeping bladesurge, getting more ranged/skirmishy moves
aatrox is gonna be reworked in a fighter with "heavy, powerful" attacks so probably less of a focus on attack speed/on-hit builds (also biggest rework they've ever done which is saying something)
akali rework making her a better laner and less snowbally
teaser for a nunu rework

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A little surprised they're targeting Akali next, but I can understand why. She's popular enough in solo queue that her old-rear end binary assassin kit is starting to show its age more and more. You see guys like TF Blade get ahead on her and then wonder what the gently caress anyone on the enemy team can even do, especially if they're an immobile mage/enchanter.

Wonder what'll be next after that. I'm guessing Kayle + Morg (although I believe they've said Morg'll only be a VU instead of a full-on VGU) and then Nunu after.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

Wonder what'll be next after that. I'm guessing Kayle + Morg (although I believe they've said Morg'll only be a VU instead of a full-on VGU) and then Nunu after.

If they give Kayle a skillshot I swear I'm quitting this dumb game.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Aumanor posted:

If they give Kayle a skillshot I swear I'm quitting this dumb game.

Might as well start playing HotS then fam

They gave Warwick and Xin Zhao skillshots. Everyone getting skillshots

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
leave kayle alone

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I don't even play this game much any more but if the new marksman is a crazy motherfucker who deep dives into the Void I'll be happy.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Make Divine intervention a skill shot

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
High-risk/high-reward as a descriptor of a champion with two and a half innate steroids, a dash, a gap-creator, and invisibility is bullshit. Get me another Draven riot.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Bet all you support main goons are excited about another Marksman "Like Vayne" in the pipeline. Sounds like heaps of fun

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just gonna leave this here:

Taric's jungle clear is insane if you play to Presence of Mind. It's hilarious.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

Just gonna leave this here:

Taric's jungle clear is insane if you play to Presence of Mind. It's hilarious.

Will try this tonight fam, thanks. I shelved it after the manaband nerf

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Probably but if you do it you won't hit two. Also you're a massive butthole if you do it

you hit two if you kill gromp or enough chickens, but you have to time it right to do that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

A little surprised they're targeting Akali next, but I can understand why. She's popular enough in solo queue that her old-rear end binary assassin kit is starting to show its age more and more. You see guys like TF Blade get ahead on her and then wonder what the gently caress anyone on the enemy team can even do, especially if they're an immobile mage/enchanter.

Time for Attempt #2 at Mordekaiser :getin:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

Bet all you support main goons are excited about another Marksman "Like Vayne" in the pipeline. Sounds like heaps of fun

There's nothing I love more than playing in a lane where either nothing loving happens for 15 minutes or my ADC hard feeds from being overaggressive when they're the definition of passively farming until you can scale. If my duo partner just played Xayah every single game, I'd be the happiest man alive.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Firebert posted:

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/01/champion-roadmap-january-2018/

tl;dr:

next champion is vayne 2.0 noooo
irelia keeping bladesurge, getting more ranged/skirmishy moves
aatrox is gonna be reworked in a fighter with "heavy, powerful" attacks so probably less of a focus on attack speed/on-hit builds (also biggest rework they've ever done which is saying something)
akali rework making her a better laner and less snowbally
teaser for a nunu rework

Thanks for reminding me I haven't played Vayne despite owning her, and letting me know I should earmark a couple bucks for the next champ.

How often time wise do they drop new champs anyway? How far off is this?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They used to drop new champs like biweekly but these days they make maybe four or five new champions a year, and not on any set schedule. They're just done when they're done. 2017 had two champs released in April, one in july, one in august, and one in october.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I believe they've said that their release schedule for this year is going to be something like Swain -> New Champ -> Irelia -> New Champ -> Aatrox. I'd expect the marksman to drop sometime in 8.6 or 8.7.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

They used to drop new champs like biweekly but these days they make maybe four or five new champions a year, and not on any set schedule. They're just done when they're done. 2017 had two champs released in April, one in july, one in august, and one in october.

Word. I won't snap buy points then.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man I did pretty good last night maybe I'm finally getting good at this I say to myself minutes before going 1/6/9

In my own defense I was up against an olaf in bottom lane and every time I was about to get anything from a CS to a kill the other guy in bot nabbed it so I was extra behind

Still massively fuckin frustrating

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
What’s your summoner tag? Let’s play a bit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

its curtains for Kevin posted:

What’s your summoner tag? Let’s play a bit

Dkeyeballz, but I'm calling it a night early. If I play now I'm going to be on tilt from the jump. I'm going to be around basically all day tomorrow if anyone wants to play though

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You'd be surprised, but i understand. Do your thing

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTU-GnxVuM

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Really love how they're constantly trying out new art styles with each of their cinematics. Pretty loving incredible for CGI.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty okay video imo

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

That was actually pretty heartbreaking. :(

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My tear is fully stacked :-(

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
well now I imagine annie as far more depressed than her VA makes her out to be

she's pretty happy in her current VA

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Twist And Pout! posted:

well now I imagine annie as far more depressed than her VA makes her out to be

she's pretty happy in her current VA

One of the narrative people said that her VA was actually a major inspiration for the story, since it asked the question, "What kind of trauma would a kid have to go through to find burning people fun?"

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://twitter.com/RiotSupport/status/959135211861827588

Responses are generally pretty good

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Lol. Can't you not use cleanse when suppressed?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Amish Ninja posted:

Lol. Can't you not use cleanse when suppressed?

Nope. Suppression is its own separate effect from stun, and the only three things that can remove it (aside from interrupting the source of the suppression) are Quicksilver Sash/Mercurial Scimitar, GP's oranges, and Alistar's ult.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
https://twitter.com/RiotSupport/status/959162316624314368

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol is great because you don't know if I'm laughing out loud or league of legends when I say I'm lol rn

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

Nope. Suppression is its own separate effect from stun, and the only three things that can remove it (aside from interrupting the source of the suppression) are Quicksilver Sash/Mercurial Scimitar, GP's oranges, and Alistar's ult.

Olaf's ult also works.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Holy poo poo that's priceless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
All y'all left out the main riot Twitter dunking on them