Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
It’s too bad TF2 got dicked over by its release date, it blows every other FPS out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

This guy wants random buttons in the middle of the controller for some reason.

This guy never played the original Mega Man and hit 'Start' repeatedly to glitchkill the big yellow fuckman in Wily's Hut that was Dark Souls before Dark Souls existed so he's fine hitting the "Completely Useless in 98% of Games" button instead of winning bigly, I guess

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
ok

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh for sure man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pause glitches are cool. gently caress blaster masters bosses

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

This guy never played the original Mega Man and hit 'Start' repeatedly to glitchkill the big yellow fuckman in Wily's Hut that was Dark Souls before Dark Souls existed so he's fine hitting the "Completely Useless in 98% of Games" button instead of winning bigly, I guess

You pressed select to pause in Mega Man, not start.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can still do the glitch on a DS4, gently caress fighting Yellow Devil properly

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MHW DF analysis, mostly starts at 5:36:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDPjcJ50MX0&t=336s

-864p resolution on base xbox one and performance is "not good."
-Resolution mode on X is an unusual 1728p, lower than the Pro's 1800p (has that ever happened before?)
-There is less graphical detail on X than the Pro version (again, has that ever happened before?)
-"When moving the camera or changing camera angles, there is a noticeable loss in image quality"
-Performance and Graphics modes are 1080p on both the X and Pro
-Performance mode runs better on Pro than X, with stuttery framerate around 40-45fps
-Performance mode graphics on X look like base xbox one.
-Unsteady frame rates in all modes are "jerky" and sometimes below 30fps on X. Base xbox one moments above 30fps are rare.
-Poor lighting/HDR
-Poor motion blur
-"Unfortunately there really is no perfect mode here. The frame rate is never consistent or steady and it always feels jittery to play."
-"Feels rough around the edges right now."
-Received the game too late for launch review

Basically, the game can look nice, but doesn't run well. And it is maybe the worst X port yet. They just quadrupled the base xbox resolution for resolution mode, then let the variable frame rate run higher, and called it a day. Didn't even get it up to ps4 standards.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

every cross platform game is better on X

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ha, I said that before MHW came out. :(

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

-Resolution mode on X is an unusual 1728p, lower than the Pro's 1800p (has that ever happened before?)
-There is less graphical detail on X than the Pro version (again, has that ever happened before?)
-"When moving the camera or changing camera angles, there is a noticeable loss in image quality"
-Performance mode runs better on Pro than X, with stuttery framerate around 40-45fps
-Unsteady frame rates in all modes are "jerky" and sometimes below 30fps on X. Base xbox one moments above 30fps are rare.
-Poor lighting/HDR
-Poor motion blur
-"Unfortunately there really is no perfect mode here. The frame rate is never consistent or steady and it always feels jittery to play."

Basically, the game can look nice, but doesn't run well. And it is maybe the worst X port yet. They just quadrupled the base xbox resolution for resolution mode, then let the variable frame rate run higher, and called it a day. Didn't even get it up to ps4 standards.

Can't watch the video yet since I'm at work, but isn't the PS4 using checkerboard rendering while X is native? That seems like an important detail.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

-Poor lighting/HDR
-Poor motion blur

Ok

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't want no Japanese action rpg on my American shooty man console anyways.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Butter Hole posted:

Can't watch the video yet since I'm at work, but isn't the PS4 using checkerboard rendering while X is native? That seems like an important detail.

He said "like the other systems though there's still some sort of reconstruction or visible blurring in effect even at 1728p."

But did say it was a bit "cleaner" than Pro because checkerboard is crap on Pro.

Overall the Pro is higher resolution and higher detail though, which should never happen.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Overall the Pro is higher resolution and higher detail though, which should never happen.

You'd think so, but making changes for the Pro and X requires some degree of resources and the one absolute truth is that things get stingy as gently caress within companies (not just gaming ones) and it's really easy for things to be done in a completely stupid way. This is especially true with Japanese devs and making games for anything other than a Nintendo or Sony console (since their home turf numbers for other platforms are a rounding error), and you also see it a lot with PC ports which are just plain garbage and look and/or run like poo poo even though the PC is unquestionably a more powerful system than [current gen consoles].

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

univbee posted:

You'd think so, but making changes for the Pro and X requires some degree of resources and the one absolute truth is that things get stingy as gently caress within companies (not just gaming ones) and it's really easy for things to be done in a completely stupid way. This is especially true with Japanese devs and making games for anything other than a Nintendo or Sony console (since their home turf numbers for other platforms are a rounding error), and you also see it a lot with PC ports which are just plain garbage and look and/or run like poo poo even though the PC is unquestionably a more powerful system than [current gen consoles].

My thoughts exactly. Why waste all the man hours and yen making a killer One X port when only a fraction of your userbase plays on it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They literally just took the base game and quadrupled the pixels cause :effort:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
*light shines into thread as I pickaxe through the rock walls surrounding it*

My god, the legends were true. A long lost games thread with perfectly preserved posters that expected Capcom to put effort into something.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
hell have you seen how many costumes chun li has

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Thats an outlier based on some rogue pervert not caring if they sell his after work hobby

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its Capcpom now officially

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
More like Pogrom the way they draw non japanese

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Folks,

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Japanese devs will never care about xbox one x and I don't blame them. That poo poo is beyond dead over there then asking them to cater to the more expensive and niche upgrade?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The DF video was brought up because we had a little disagreement about how lovely/good the game looks, and now we have definitive proof that some goons are blind as gently caress.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
perhaps the real pees were the friends we made along the way

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The DF video was brought up because we had a little disagreement about how lovely/good the game looks, and now we have definitive proof that some goons are blind as gently caress.

Friend, you gotta open your Xth eye to see the truth.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Holy poo poo does that forum have a trigger warning for console wars posts?

I'm not one to bitch about trigger warnings but that is insane.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, you!

loving roasted.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Haha this mid generation upgrade is breaking people's brains.

I had a huge argument about whether Steep was enhanced more than just HDR (it isn't) yet had literally over a dozen people tell me I'm wrong, without any evidence to back them up, and all claiming different but significant X enhancements. So I bought the game to see for myself and yep it's definitely still 900p/30fps with no graphical enhancements.

Some people just can't see resolution/fps very well, but they buy Xs and Pros anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They made you buy the game, so they still won.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a huge argument about whether Steep was enhanced more than just HDR (it isn't) yet had literally over a dozen people tell me I'm wrong, without any evidence to back them up, and all claiming different but significant X enhancements. So I bought the game to see for myself and yep it's definitely still 900p/30fps with no graphical enhancements.

Some people just can't see resolution/fps very well, but they buy Xs and Pros anyway.

You’re being really weird about how people choose to spend their money

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I returned Steep (and MHW), so no.

Pablo Gigante posted:

You’re being really weird about how people choose to spend their money

I haven't said a thing about how people spend their money. I waste tons of money on video games, no judgments here. We're talking about perfomance of games.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Sounds like you just got pranked my dude

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I wish. I got reddit'd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I returned Steep (and MHW), so no.

I haven't said a thing about how people spend their money. I waste tons of money on video games, no judgments here. We're talking about perfomance of games.

It doesn't matter, buying Steep is a stain that doesn't just go away with a refund.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Steep is cool and chill, I got it for half off.

And I will say it definitely runs smoother on X. It's not enhanced (other than hdr) but it definitely runs smoother.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I would like to thank everyone in this thread, even the haters and the losers, for encouraging me to buy MHW. Game is good. We

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Of course Blind Rasputin would say such a thing.

now we have definitive proof that some goons are blind as gently caress.

USF is right again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

Steep is cool and chill

Ha