Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
contagion cloud is very bad, please do not use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yeah, as a melee (or really any) Saryn the best choice is the Shed augment. It's really helps keep you alive in the thick of things and scales with Power Strength.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

hup posted:

What’s the ideal Chromatic Blade setup? Mire and Blue energy, right? Any particular mods I should be running?

LtSmash posted:

The ones I use and hear about are this excal if you are a mere mortal or this one if you have the arcane helmet. Either way the prefered weapon is the Mire with this build although I use Healing Return instead of life strike. Its passive healing instead of having to channel and doesn't cost energy. With chromatic blade you will get a ton of healing out of it and I've never been in a situation where life strike would have saved me but healing return didn't.

I'm running a slightly different build for Excal since I'd rather not depend on Energy Conversion for the 100% status chance (CB hits 100% status at 180% power); I'll need to put another forma in there when I finally get enough endo to finish levelling up TF and Primed Cont. Energy consumption is the same as the one LtSmash linked (0.63/sec), and I've never ran out of energy while using it.

Mire is pretty much the same, I'm also using Healing Return at Smash's suggestion and it keeps me pretty much topped up.

/edit: whoops, edited in the link to the build.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 1, 2018

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Johnny Joestar posted:

i know about that weird combo, but is there anything specific that helps a 'general' toxic lash build no matter the melee used? is the saryn augment that buffs it even worth a poo poo, anyways?

Regenerative Mold seems like it would be the best saryn augment for a melee build. Heavy regen on demand can't go wrong.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Wouldn't a status Lesion be great for melee Saryn?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

regenerative molt is definitely already my go-to augment for saryn nowadays. also i wasn't too sure about the melee i'd be using but i know i wanted to mess around with machetes more now that i have cyclone kraken.

dertylol
Jun 11, 2014
Any pc users feel like adding a fellow goon, i've come to the conclusion pubs are fuckign retarded, moreso than in any game i've played besides WoW, if you feel like adding me, and helping me learn what "end-game" there is, my ingame name is Dertylol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

dertylol posted:

Any pc users feel like adding a fellow goon, i've come to the conclusion pubs are fuckign retarded, moreso than in any game i've played besides WoW, if you feel like adding me, and helping me learn what "end-game" there is, my ingame name is Dertylol

Apply to the clan, the link is in the OP.

And endgame is fashionframe

dertylol
Jun 11, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

Apply to the clan, the link is in the OP.

And endgame is fashionframe

i built my own clan beofre comign to the forums with some buddies, and it's mostly maxed out, so i don't feel like abandoning it, rip me i guess

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Alliance, motherfucker!!!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

How long do excavation missions usually last? I did one and it went on for loving ever and I had to quit without any rewards.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Excavation missions go on until the team evacuates. For regular missions evac generally opens up after the first couple of completed excavations. For alerts and the like, it's after the target amount of cryotic has been extracted.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

alphabettitouretti posted:

How long do excavation missions usually last? I did one and it went on for loving ever and I had to quit without any rewards.

They go on for as long as more than two people in the group want to keep going for.

They're looking at putting in a way for people to quit out early and not lose rewards at some point soon. It was mentioned a couple of Dev Streams ago.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

dertylol posted:

i built my own clan beofre comign to the forums with some buddies, and it's mostly maxed out, so i don't feel like abandoning it, rip me i guess

Let it go, the goon clan has a better dojo.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Psion posted:

what do I even do with this

for a first riven, it's not what I would call ideal

Feel like trading for a pretty okay Dual Zoren riven?

You could probably sell it for more than the Gorgon riven.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Did a bit of pickup Eidolon hunting yesterday and a bit of Wisp farming to get my second Amp. Decided to follow the doc and did Shwaak/Pencha/Juttni. Haven't tried it on an Eidolon yet, but just a quick test makes it feel really impressive on the damage front.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

dertylol posted:

as said, join the goon alliance.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I had one go on for fifteen excavations or something before I figured out what was going on. People had a lot of loving relics to unpack.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Regenerative Mold seems like it would be the best saryn augment for a melee build. Heavy regen on demand can't go wrong.

Saryn is basically balanced entirely around Regenerative Molt if you're not doing like, really minmaxed spore shenanigans and tbh like all augments which a warframe is entirely balanced around they should just bake in a version to the power itself.

It's not like it'll make Spore Saryn any stronger (because she basically just stays out of LoS and spores her own molt decoy) and it'll make other builds more viable.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010

After that happened to me, I usually try to see if we can all agree to an amount to extract before we leave. I really hope they add a way to extract with rewards

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Sininu posted:

Friend of mine is trying to sell couple rivens

The price is what the site https://semlar.com/rivencalc/ suggests. Does it look about right? I have no experience selling or pricing rivens so I got no idea.

If anyone here is interested in any of them he is willing to sell them 20p off the suggested price and Zaw one 50p off.

I'll be honest with you, those all look terrible.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Also, hell yeah.

https://www.warframe.com/news/prime-vault-opening-february-6

I'll be buying the full pack like a dumbass whale.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Menstrual Show posted:

Also, hell yeah.

Honestly if it doesn't cross a certain price point, I'm there with you.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I hope they do the cosmetics by themselves. I don't think they did last time, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Narrator: They won't.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I read somewhere that it was going to be $40 for each individual frame package or $70 for ember and loki. I don't know where I read that or if it was fake as all hell, so enjoy

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

I'm sure this is Pedlek's fault somehow.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Menstrual Show posted:

I'll be honest with you, those all look terrible.

They did look pretty bad to me too, but I can't tell and explain that to a friend who has 1400 more hours in the game than me. He recently discovered https://semlar.com/rivenprices that shows prices it gets from trade chat and he uses average and minimum riven prices it shows to determine how much his can be worth. How much should these 4 really be worth?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Maxwell Adams posted:

Feel like trading for a pretty okay Dual Zoren riven?

You could probably sell it for more than the Gorgon riven.

sure, because I actually might use the Dual Zorens someday and I'm never touching the Gorgon again.

notpsion ingame, or just @ me on Discord and I can log in

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Menstrual Show posted:

Also, hell yeah.

Titan Extractor Prime? :wtf:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Cactus posted:

It's almost tragic how good the Archwing segments could be. Here's hoping some future tweaks/wholesale changes realise that potential.

Like making Duel Decurions not suck.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I haven’t even placed an extractor in months because it’s tedious and has such a meager reward. :geno:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Elysiume posted:

I haven’t even placed an extractor in months because it’s tedious and has such a meager reward. :geno:

On the opposite end of the spectrum I found out that I had triple digit Orokin cells the other day.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Elysiume posted:

IDK how else you get neurodes when you're between Earth and Second Dream tbh

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dr Cheeto posted:

IDK how else you get neurodes when you're between Earth and Second Dream tbh

taxi service

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Oh boy, Misa Prime's coming back. More people can unwittingly blind themselves and others!

For those not familiar with its radiance, the Misa Prime syandana can go from this:

to this:

Purely based on your viewing angle. At default levels of bloom.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

Oh boy, Misa Prime's coming back. More people can unwittingly blind themselves and others!

That's a pretty good argument for buying it, to me.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm actually missing everything in that Loki bundle so i may have to shell out like a whale

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
There's going to be a Developer Workshop post tomorrow with details on some upcoming Frame changes.

The Ash buffs everyone knows about now. They also demonstrated Atlas's buffs too. You can now use other powers while Petrify is active. Breaking Petrified enemies now applies rock armour to Atlas that buffs and protects him. All in all it looks like it's going to smooth out his play.

Sound Quake nerf also incoming. :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pumped for the dev workshop tomorrow :dance: I'm really curious about what they're going to do with Zephyr