Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Dangerllama posted:

Assuming you have an AR and maybe a 2x scope, at what range do you usually decide to commit against an opponent?

I have this happen a lot where I’ll see a guy running at 75-200m. I’ll take a few shots and usually score a couple of hits before they find cover.

At this point I’ve given myself away and subsequently get murdered by a third party who I’ve alerted to my presence.

How is make chicken?

Depends on a lot of things. If you're engaging at a certain range and not getting the kills, then your aim and/or gear isn't good enough to be engaging at that range.

The thing about getting murdered by a third party though is about positioning both of you and of potential enemies. Make a mental note (or an actual physical note) of where the flightpath was and where people are likely to be. Also keep a mental note of where you've travelled through and where people are likely to be coming from. It also depends on how soon I need to start moving to get to circle (or if I'm already moving) and how far I have to go, and if you have a vehicle, and whether you have cover advantage, whether you have a good position if another squad rolls up on you, and all kinds of poo poo. If in doubt it's often better not to fight until you have good position or some other advantage. Of course having the drop on people is advantage in itself but if your gear is iffy it can be negated (you need to be able to hit them). Also if the circle is closing in the next minute or so and you're not in the white then it's good to avoid fights and get into the new circle before engaging.

Obviously if it's a situation where you kill them or they kill you, either because they've already started shooting at you, or you have to move to them for circle etc. then it's different.

This whole thing is also why it's good to play edge of circle - you can be reasonably sure that there's nobody behind you in the blue, though even then there are sometimes stragglers (at least before the blue damage is super deadly). Mostly though this gives you 180 degrees or so of area you don't have to worry about people moving up on you from. Conversely it also forces you to move more, possibly to people who are already camped up etc. so there are tradeoffs. Basically, try to be aware and think of potential enemy positioning, and how strong your own position and general situation is at any time - there are no hard and fast rules that apply all the time except basic poo poo like "if somebody is shooting at you, you need to either engage or get to cover/run away" but you probably figured that out already.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So apparently bluehole has been hosting a 5 day charity event where they stream the game, problem is it's full of cheaters

https://steamed.kotaku.com/it-sure-looks-like-the-winner-of-this-pubg-charity-matc-1822611561

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Best part is the top comment:
"He pleads not ghillie."

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T687H2KH4FY&t=257s

This guy was pretty mad. Don't watch the rest of the video unless you want to see a bunch of boring camping, although it does result in me killing the rest of his squad (and everyone else in Pecado). 1 man squad owns bones.

Bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T687H2KH4FY&t=52s The lobby of that game. I'm pretty sure that guy and his squad are getting down to my sick beats.

How do you say, "dance?"

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Good soup! posted:

cool, new patch, that will probably fix my-

lmao welp, looks like im gonna try to reinstall and maybe one or two other things but if that doesn't work, so long for now pubg, guess I'll take a break for a few weeks like I had to do months ago :sad:

I see bunghole has looked at dark souls for inspiration for their art direction. Normally I wouldn't complain but this might not be the right choice here.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Decided to visit one of those new buildings added to Miramar.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

willroc7 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T687H2KH4FY&t=257s

This guy was pretty mad. Don't watch the rest of the video unless you want to see a bunch of boring camping, although it does result in me killing the rest of his squad (and everyone else in Pecado). 1 man squad owns bones.

Bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T687H2KH4FY&t=52s The lobby of that game. I'm pretty sure that guy and his squad are getting down to my sick beats.

How do you say, "dance?"

How the hell did these get DMCA takedowns already?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Webbeh posted:

How the hell did these get DMCA takedowns already?

It's automated. They scan new vids for copyrighted sounds.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Aw man that's what I get for playing Toto's classic, Africa in every lobby.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
That's weird. Anytime I post a vid with copyrighted music content I just get a little message saying I wouldn't be able to monetize the video or something.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

DrNutt posted:

That's weird. Anytime I post a vid with copyrighted music content I just get a little message saying I wouldn't be able to monetize the video or something.

It depends on who owns the copyright and the rules they've attached to that particular song

So for example sometimes they just remove the music in certain regions while everyone can still see the video

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Map of the Miramar changes, red dots are new buildings.

lifted the map from the pubg reddit.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I can't tell if some of those are image artifacts or buildings represented by a single pixel

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Tweak posted:

I can't tell if some of those are image artifacts or buildings represented by a single pixel
Agreed. Looks like the field west of Impala came down with chicken pox.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Chicken Dinner #5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-noKb655Qjc

For some reason youtube is refusing to finish processing this and allow HD streaming. I dunno

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

Chicken Dinner #5

For some reason youtube is refusing to finish processing this and allow HD streaming. I dunno

"I'm ghillied in the grass they can't see me" he says as he shoots at people prone in the grass that doesn't render.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

"I'm ghillied in the grass they can't see me" he says as he shoots at people prone in the grass that doesn't render.

:downs:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I've been trying to use the VSS more lately. The following clips were in the same game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyResolutePheasantSpicyBoy
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyAbrasiveLapwingYouWHY
https://clips.twitch.tv/EsteemedAuspiciousKuduBrainSlug

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Rex-Goliath posted:

Chicken Dinner #5

Your videos are beautiful

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Just played my first three matches for season 2...

2nd: 5 kills. I had a 2v1, knocked the teammate and failed horribly on flanking the last guy, leaving him with 1/4 health.
10th: 4 kills.
2nd: 5 kills. I had a 2v1, knocked the teammate, got around the final guy, taking him to 1/8 health, I healed, he went prone in the loving grass with no health and waited for me to peak him, which I did.

:(

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 2, 2018

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Star Man posted:

Your videos are beautiful

Thanks! I also have two solo chicken dinners recorded but as i was editing one i realized that without the banter between teammates it just didn’t shine like the squad dinners did. so i think this series is going to be duos/squads only until i can figure out how to make solo stuff interesting.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Just played 2 rounds after updating and now it's doing another 1.6GB update. Strange.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yeah, I was actually playing during the entire update... Just got out of a game and it told me to update my client. Weird.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

now this is the good poo poo.

VSS+SKS is a loadout i can get behind.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Is there any way to view your final stats from previous seasons? My buddy who's just getting into this game is asking me what my stats were and I was top 3 to 2.5% in squads but now I can't prove it :(

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
pubgtracker.com

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
pubg.op.gg

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Bhodi posted:

pubgtracker.com
This one is telling me that it can't retrieve anything

Cinara posted:

pubg.op.gg
However this site worked, thanks!

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Yesterday me and my buddy were racing towards the next circle in a bronco and decided to cut through Pecado since the surrounding area is difficult to off road. We knew it was risky since the blue hadn't reached Pecado yet, so we said good luck to each other and I kept it floored. "Easy" my buddy exclaimed when we reached the far edge of the town and of course our vehicle got struck by a hail of bullets in the same instant.
Even though luckily only our vehicle had taken any physical damage, our egos had taken a hit and so we decided that the unknown enemy had to die.
In an earlier game long ago we had been the victim of a silly yet very effective trap and I wanted to try to replicate it. So knowing the enemy had to move due to the blue closing and that the route we were going were their highly likely exit I parked the car next to the road to make it look like a spawn and we hid behind it.
We were exposed from all angles but the road we had just come from, while gunfire could be heard from just on the other side of a nearby hill, but we didn't care and about a minute later we had our sweet revenge. We were giggling like school girls as we drove off.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

speedtek posted:

Just played 2 rounds after updating and now it's doing another 1.6GB update. Strange.

The update pushed out was one to fix the problem where it wouldn't actually load in the map as shown below.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

oh there's a new patch out hm let's see what's changed

*loads up a match of pubg*

e: lmao okay good it's not just me

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
My first win (yes I suck) came in a duo match which I entered by mistake by not changing the settings, playing with a silent partner all game long, killing one guy in the beginning and then not seeing anyone until the final 6 when all hell broke loose and my silent teammate killed 3 guys as I basically did nothing.

So I guess it was pretty lame and anti climatic.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Had a good time riding you guys' coat tails last night!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

speedtek posted:

Had a good time riding you guys' coat tails last night!

*Hit points 2*

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Season 1 NA I was (according to pubg.op.gg):

Solo FPP: Top 0.541%
Duo FPP: Top 0.976%
Squad FPP: Top 3.538%

I had an 8 kill duos round last night where I took second place. I was lone-wolfing it with about ten left. Took out one squad, and then the ending was a 1v2v2. It was in Pecado. I was outside of a building, a duo was downstairs in the building, and the other duo was upstairs in the building.

The final blue started pinching me, I go around to a bottom floor window and kill one set of duos, jump in the window, and start taking damage from the blue. The group upstairs dies from the blue at the same time as me but they get the loving chicken dinner. I look them up for their stats that game and they had one god drat kill and the time-stamp of deaths was the exact same as mine. Should I have been fully boosted and bandaging after I killed that duo in the window? Maybe get an extra half second of life? I've never been in a situation for the final circle of doom.

I did however get a 2 kill duos dinner the match after... The PUBG gods felt bad for me.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah you should've been boosted to max for sure but I'm not sure I could've timed it all right in that final circle in the same situation. Thinking about it though if the ticks of damage are large enough relative to the boost ticks then it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I don't know what the final (zero) circle damage ticks are - presumably though a correctly timed aid/medkit would have done it?

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 2, 2018

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah you should've been boosted to max for sure but I'm not sure I could've timed it all right in that final circle in the same situation. Thinking about it though if the ticks of damage are large enough relative to the boost ticks then it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I don't know what the final (zero) circle damage ticks are - presumably though a correctly timed aid/medkit would have done it?

Yea, it was pretty hectic. I had my plan for when the blue started coming, but that other duo pushed the window that I was going to jump in so I had to wait for them to get in the room to kill them, then jump in. Right after they died I just started getting mashed by the blue and it makes those drat sounds now like you are getting shot so I was freaking out. If I could have been fully boosted and gotten off a bandage I probably would have won. Still silly they got the dinner with the exact same death time-stamps and it popped up on my kill feed in game simultaneously. Oh well, now I know for next time.

AManWearingAHat
Feb 2, 2018
I don't know if this is just me, but it seems like the circle on Miramar is significantly less variable than it was on "totally not Russia"?

Seems in the first map whether I'd drop Zharki or Military base, I could reasonably expect the circle to be centered on the other edge of the map. I've certainly had enough running simulator games to attest to this. Miramar I don't think I've ever seen a circle anywhere near Military base for example, it always ends up fairly centrally located.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

daslog posted:

Watch my terrible video of me being terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66s7I7UHSJI

oh my god it's like watching myself

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

AManWearingAHat posted:

I don't know if this is just me, but it seems like the circle on Miramar is significantly less variable than it was on "totally not Russia"?

Seems in the first map whether I'd drop Zharki or Military base, I could reasonably expect the circle to be centered on the other edge of the map. I've certainly had enough running simulator games to attest to this. Miramar I don't think I've ever seen a circle anywhere near Military base for example, it always ends up fairly centrally located.

Your brain making patterns where they don't exist. I just played two Miramar games where the circle ended up in the top right corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Anyone else having issues with lag causing you to pause or get reset a few meters forward/back?

It’s gotten worse for me in the last few weeks. My machine is on WiFi since it’s a bit of a PITA to run cat5 to my office.