Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

old beast lunatic posted:

Some people in the government probably called the president a retard. This is indication of a grand liberal conspiracy delegitimizing the justice department and the FBI.

"observing correctly that our president is a dolt is Politicizing Law Enforcement, and politically neutral law enforcement is suddenly a very important principle to us"
- the same sorta people who probably would have applauded j. edgar hoover sliding into mlk's dm's with "lol kill urself"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Trump is Martin Sheen from The Dead Zone

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Trump is Martin Sheen from The Dead Zone

the something awful front page article about this was actually p. funny

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/dead-zone-real/

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
a shameful president who claps for himself. . .

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

nickhimself posted:

remember when the office of the president was a respected position and republicans would poo poo themselves if anyone holding office suffered so much as a single, negligible social faux pas but now we've got captain retard at the helm and they're all "what? this is normal! why be smart when you can not be that instead?"

I still remember when Trump gave his children and his son in law high ranking government positions, something that is explicitly forbidden in the rest of the developed world and is considered one of the worst forms of corruption. Something usually only found in African third rate banana republics. Then I remember the MAGA chuds going "so what if it's corruption? if the corrupt person is qualified, there is nothing wrong with it!". That's when I knew America jumped the shark.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Peace de Bundy posted:

a shameful president who claps for himself. . .

A shameful president he clap he own speech

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

brylcreem posted:

Tomi Lahren saying "dick" turns me the gently caress on.

Someone o the needful and make a loop of her saying it, maybe with some nice bikini shots of her?

Or is that "toxic male gaze?" lol

no thanks.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

the something awful front page article about this was actually p. funny

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/dead-zone-real/

Holy poo poo that is so on point

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Tomi Lahren is too stupid to be hot. I wasn't really sure this was a thing until I heard her speak.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

I still remember when Trump gave his children and his son in law high ranking government positions, something that is explicitly forbidden in the rest of the developed world and is considered one of the worst forms of corruption. Something usually only found in African third rate banana republics. Then I remember the MAGA chuds going "so what if it's corruption? if the corrupt person is qualified, there is nothing wrong with it!". That's when I knew America jumped the shark.

imagine hillary clinton appointing chelsea clinton as her advisor

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

What is the memo I don’t get it at all

Here's a good article explaining the issues: https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-trump-aide-carter-page-was-on-u-s-counterintelligence-radar-before-russia-dossier-1517486401

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So the White House is planning on releasing the altered memo despite FBI warnings. The current administration is actually trying to de-legitimise the government to it's base.

War is coming.

They were always going to release the memo. There's probably enough evidence to suggest that Nunes is acting at the behest of the Trump Administration. Perhaps House Intel. GOP Staffers may have even compiled the Memo on indirect orders from the White House.

Once it is released, I guess we can expect the Republicans to herald it as evidence to ..do ...something? That's where it starts to break down for me in terms of its specific purpose. I guess it serves a number of purposes, but the more I think about it, I keep coming back to the idea that the intention may be to remove Rosenstein.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

brylcreem posted:

Tomi Lahren saying "dick" turns me the gently caress on.

Someone o the needful and make a loop of her saying it, maybe with some nice bikini shots of her?

Or is that "toxic male gaze?" lol
a toxic lapse in taste maybe

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

actually, imo, we jumped the shark when we screwed up Reconstruction and didn't do Reparations right away by disposessing gross plantation men and seizing their assets to transfer to freedmen.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

old beast lunatic posted:

Tomi Lahren is too stupid to be hot. I wasn't really sure this was a thing until I heard her speak.

That doesn't sound true.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

please change thread title to: America Jumped the Shark

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

What is the memo I don’t get it at all

It's a secret document prepared by the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Devin Nunes that probably states that the FBI and Justice department are filled with people politically biased against ol' Trump.

But that's just what it probably states. The public doesn't know whats in the memo, because it hasn't been released yet. All we know is that it's four pages long and was written by Devin Nunes, who isn't the most trustworthy or competent guy in DC.

Some people are speculating the memo is nothing, others say it's huge and will take down the Mueller investigation as well as result in the arrest and incarceration of Obama, Hillary, and a bunch of other liberal meanies for treason. Until it's released, the memo is whatever you want it to be, so have fun and be imaginative! If you come up with something good you can go on cable news and talk about it while wearing a cool suit and tie.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hate this oval office so much

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Kumo posted:

Here's a good article explaining the issues: https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-trump-aide-carter-page-was-on-u-s-counterintelligence-radar-before-russia-dossier-1517486401

They were always going to release the memo. There's probably enough evidence to suggest that Nunes is acting at the behest of the Trump Administration. Perhaps House Intel. GOP Staffers may have even compiled the Memo on indirect orders from the White House.

Once it is released, I guess we can expect the Republicans to herald it as evidence to ..do ...something? That's where it starts to break down for me in terms of its specific purpose. I guess it serves a number of purposes, but the more I think about it, I keep coming back to the idea that the intention may be to remove Rosenstein.

They can’t think more than two steps ahead because president spaz Lord would ruin any well formed plan

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

piss tape israel posted:

watching a drooling kennedy neoliberal speak was kind of limp dickish

we really need to do better with our responses to special boy, like Bernie

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Peace de Bundy posted:

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/958863934500454400

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i may not agree with her on much of anything, but i can agree on her characterization of a opie-looking turd turd from some ruined political dynasty giving a piss-weak speech that doesn't actually touch on M4A, income equality/living wage, and other poo poo that would be a slam-dunk for dems to run on..

Peace de Bundy posted:

:yeah:

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

piss tape israel posted:

lol i just noticed she did the white power thing with her hand at the end

tomi lahren ... bad? :thunk:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

why walk it back tomi lmao. . .like..she stands to gain nothing by apologizing

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
tomis fans: oh loving liberal soyboys got to her, wow she has no spine

tomis haters: lol we still hate u

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Trump has announced he's declassifying the memo.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371807-trump-to-declassify-controversial-memo-reports

loving shocker

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Let Cory Booker tell us how he really feels about Trump and the shithole comment. Better yet, let the two have a cage match. I want to see Booker give Trump a Stone Cold Stunner.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

wrong, idiot! your base doesn't appreciate apologies at all you stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, rear end in a top hat.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bogus Adventure posted:

Let Cory Booker tell us how he really feels about Trump and the shithole comment. Better yet, let the two have a cage match. I want to see Booker give Trump a Stone Cold Stunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbdABHy9218&t=49s

democrat response

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Peace de Bundy posted:

tomis fans: oh loving liberal soyboys got to her, wow she has no spine

tomis haters: lol we still hate u

Toni had her spine removed so she could spend more time sucking her own dick, a la Steve bannon.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

The funniest thing is the Republican response to FISA and the Patriot act used to be "if you have nothing to hide, what are you worried about?" Now that their rear end is in the cross hairs and not scary brown people their tunes chsnged real loving quick lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I dunk a lot on America in this thread, but I gotta say I still have a lot of respect for large parts of the country. In many areas of culture, science, economy and technology you are still absolutely leading the pack and the rest of us is looking up to you. You produce some of the best research, products and art in the world. Really hope you can reform your electoral system one day and start taking care of the lunatic trash that drags you down all the time. God bless.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Oscar Wild posted:

Toni had her spine removed so she could spend more time sucking her own dick, a la Steve bannon.

NOw were talking

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/959077993061715968
NBD, just bragging to my bffs about my obstruction

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Extra Large Marge posted:

Some people are speculating the memo is nothing, others say it's huge and will take down the Mueller investigation as well as result in the arrest and incarceration of Obama, Hillary, and a bunch of other liberal meanies for treason. Until it's released, the memo is whatever you want it to be, so have fun and be imaginative! If you come up with something good you can go on cable news and talk about it while wearing a cool suit and tie.

What was Republicans' reaction after reading the memo?

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2018/s12

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Even Fox News is running the headline "Nunes 'made material changes' to classified memo sent to White House, Schiff charges".

How loving transparent can Nunes get that even Fox has to mention it?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"This is some good fanfiction. I think we should release it."

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
no memo no memo ur the memo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Finding Memo

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

"In recent phone calls, Trump has told friends he believes the memo would expose bias within the agency's top ranks and make it easier for him to argue the Russia investigations are prejudiced against him, according to two sources."

*Reads memo describing phone surveilance
*Telephones friends to obstruct justice

Trumpy! No!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

This was the biggest laugh I got out of the whole thing.