Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Halser posted:

I obviously know how tampons and pads work, I just didn't understand what difference could they possibly have that would warrant a mother saying "pads yes, tampons no".

If you understand how they work then where is the confusion :psyduck: Like one goes in your vagina and one does not they are not remotely similar other than "are used during periods, made partially of cotton."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Halser posted:

I obviously know how tampons and pads work, I just didn't understand what difference could they possibly have that would warrant a mother saying "pads yes, tampons no".

If you use tampons you might as well be rolling around town on a gurney riding a dudes penis.

Using cups is for witches to cast evil spells with the blood.

If you use pads, shame on you for not being born male.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

13Pandora13 posted:

If you understand how they work then where is the confusion :psyduck: Like one goes in your vagina and one does not they are not remotely similar other than "are used during periods, made partially of cotton."

the confusion is why mom would get worked up about her daughter using tampons, because mom is worried about potential damage to her daughter's hymen and this matters because virginity, somehow

this is why mom said "only married women use tampons" and also "the damage is already done" when she grounded her daughter for using tampons behind mom's back

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

guys I dunno about anyone else but I am growing quite weary of the tampon derail

here's content

My girlfriend [30F] snoops on my phone when she gets upset with me [29M]. Can I change the passcode?

quote:

Hello Reddit,

My girlfriend and I each know the passcodes to each others phones. Usually it's handy because sometimes we want to take a picture of something, add an item to the grocery list, look up directions, whatever, and we just use whichever phone is closer.

The problem is that when my girlfriend is upset with me over something, she will go on my phone - she'll read text messages, look at my Google timeline to see where I've been, look through my notes and emails. She will then take the information she finds, and uses it against me. This has happened maybe 7 times in 2 years.

"Why was your GPS off last Tuesday? Did you go somewhere and didn't want me to know?"

"What is this email about? I didn't know you were still in contact with this guy."

"You're texting this cousin? Were you going to tell me about it?"

The information she finds is never bad (e.g. I turned off my GPS because my phone battery was dying) but she'll still find something to get mad at me for. When she gets like this, I refuse to give her my phone. But she'll fight and grab it from my hands, or wait until I'm sleeping, go through it while I'm in the shower, etc. I am tired of it. Her reasoning is that she is just curious, she is a curious person.

The incident that got me to write this post happened last night. She was on my phone to turn up the thermostat (we were too lazy to stand up and do it) and I got a text from a random number. It was clearly a wrong number considering I didn't have this person's number in my contact list, I had no previous messages to/from this person, and the message itself was scheduling a meeting time. However, my girlfriend was convinced that I was secretly messaging someone and deleting messages. So she wanted to go through my phone to check if I had this person's number stored somewhere in my notes or email? I don't really know, but I said no. Don't look through my phone. There was a lot of arguing back and forth (why won't you let me? I don't want you to. but why not? I don't need a reason, it's my phone) and she ended up taking my phone when I went to let the dog out. I saw her with my phone and grabbed it from her hands.

I'm at work now, and it turns out that the message was from one of my managers and he had sent it to me instead of another guy with a similar name. Sorry for the long post, but my question is should I change my phone passcode and not tell my girlfriend the new one? She says that she doesn't trust me now and letting her look through my phone would help her gain trust back. But I'm just so sick of her going through my stuff, even though I hav e nothing to hide

tl;dr: Girlfriend goes through my phone when she is mad at me. She says she wants to be able to access my phone so she knows she can trust me. I don't want her to because privacy is important.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

boner confessor posted:

the confusion is why mom would get worked up about her daughter using tampons, because mom is worried about potential damage to her daughter's hymen and this matters because virginity, somehow

this is why mom said "only married women use tampons" and also "the damage is already done" when she grounded her daughter for using tampons behind mom's back

Wait, I thought tampons didn't break the hymen though. And doesn't that poo poo break by the time they're like 15 anyway if they even vaguely exert themselves physically?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AnoHito posted:

Wait, I thought tampons didn't break the hymen though. And doesn't that poo poo break by the time they're like 15 anyway if they even vaguely exert themselves physically?

tampons can break the hymen, but yeah it's more frequently broken by physical activity or mishaps. it's completely silly and antiquated to try to preserve a girl's hymen to her wedding night. you can even get them surgically reconstructed nowadays

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

AnoHito posted:

some people think that because they're idiots who think a hymen is a vaginal freshness seal instead of a kind of fleshy membrane that partially covers the vagooter

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

"should i stand up to my lunatic girlfriend?" he types furtively before deleting the reddit app from his phone.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

"should i stand up to my lunatic girlfriend?" he types furtively before deleting the reddit app from his phone.

He should buy a burner phone and start sending a bunch of texts to himself. All of them say "Brenda, you've just been dumped"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Nineteen Eighty Four but the protagonist main character can just leave whenever he wants.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me (28F) with my husband (30M) - he never puts effort into doing things unless I ask, and is king of "I bought this for you for me.

Lol how do these dudes keep getting married?

Every game she mentions is a Blizzard thing, yet none of them are WoW. Does the company itself somehow infect people with a virus that makes them irredeemably horrid regardless of franchise or?

Also, seriously. She plays video games with him every night for 2-3 hours and this scrote can’t even PICK A LOCATION FOR A STROLL?

Jesus. I’m far from perfect, but I love it when I read one of these stories, instantly recognize how dead my wife would murder a dude like that, and then breathe deep because I’m still alive.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

13Pandora13 posted:

Cellulose

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

girl pants posted:

Lady if he's holding you hostage let us know

Surrender r/relationships

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

loquacius posted:

guys I dunno about anyone else but I am growing quite weary of the tampon derail

here's content

My girlfriend [30F] snoops on my phone when she gets upset with me [29M]. Can I change the passcode?

If you don't change your code, she'll just keep turning innocuous poo poo into things to use against you. If you do change it, she'll use that as evidence you're hiding something. if you're going to be accused either way, at least change the code so you can enjoy privacy while you're being screamed at.

La Brea Carpet posted:

He should buy a burner phone and start sending a bunch of texts to his girlfriend. All of them say "Brenda, you've just been dumped"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Every game she mentions is a Blizzard thing, yet none of them are WoW. Does the company itself somehow infect people with a virus that makes them irredeemably horrid regardless of franchise or?

Also, seriously. She plays video games with him every night for 2-3 hours and this scrote can’t even PICK A LOCATION FOR A STROLL?

Jesus. I’m far from perfect, but I love it when I read one of these stories, instantly recognize how dead my wife would murder a dude like that, and then breathe deep because I’m still alive.

Yeah Blizzard has always always been good at world-class time destroyers with tons and tons of poo poo to do. That plus addictive gamefeel and great polish have always been their trademark.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I play Hearthstone on occasion. I just want to know how at risk I am for becoming the guy that’s like “I’m in a ranked match, put your lady-parts away and get off me. Jeez.”

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I play Hearthstone on occasion. I just want to know how at risk I am for becoming the guy that’s like “I’m in a ranked match, put your lady-parts away and get off me. Jeez.”

How much of the last few sets do you own percentage wise?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Her complaints about not being able to cuddle/sex while he is gaming are provably false, i have videographic evidence from journalistic website fuckvids.jizzo.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me (28F) with my husband (30M) - he never puts effort into doing things unless I ask, and is king of "I bought this for you for me.

Lol how do these dudes keep getting married?

divorce him

loquacius posted:

My [25M] GF [23F] and her friends keep referencing and insulting my height and it's annoying me.

short is the worst thing a guy can be

break up with her

loquacius posted:

here's content

break up with her

if you've got any more i can probably solve those too

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

Problem Sleuth posted:

divorce him

break up with her

break up with her

if you've got any more i can probably solve those too

I can live with this username/post combo.

edit:

quote:

For context I'm a 5'4" tall guy while she's 5'2".

I definitely read this as "I'm a tall guy who is 5'4"," initially.

navier-stoked fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 1, 2018

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Arivia posted:

How much of the last few sets do you own percentage wise?

None of the newest one, some of the last few? How would I even—

You know what, I think I’m going to be OK. Thanks.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Dienes posted:

I don't think its used much, if at all. Last I heard some men were getting around it by shoving sticks up there first.

Last I read of it, it was never supposed to actually be used. It was created to open a discussion about the prevalence of rape in South Africa.

According to Snopes, it was never marketed or sold.
https://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/rapex.asp

Fake edit: Huh. Looks like the inventor IS trying to get funding for production, but they aren’t being sold as of yet.
https://rape-axe.com/

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

If you use tampons you might as well be rolling around town on a gurney riding a dudes penis.

That sounds kinda awesome actually.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I know the difference as a dude between pads and tampons because I'm a conscious human being who lives in the world. Have you guys never seen a tampon or pad box in your/her bedroom? Have you seriously never seen a tampon in your partner's vagina or a pad in her panties? Have you never seen feminine hygiene products in CVS? Has your sister, girlfriend, wife, or daughter never asked you to pick up some tampons or pads for her? Do you never watch live TV? Do you ignore all forms of pop culture? I just don't get it. I really don't.

The goon who originally asked about it just asked why the mom would be upset about tampons over pads, they didn't say they didn't understand the difference between the two they just didn't make the connection that some crazy people think tampons = harlot.

then in typical goon fashion a bunch of people missed the point and tried to appear informative instead

some posters just can't resist the opportunity to be all "how do you not know about thing" to the point where they say it even when it's obvious the other person did in fact know and was asking a question beyond that.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 1, 2018

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The hymen, in most women, is an irrelevant bit of flesh that isn't worth thinking of, and usually gets stretched out long before sex actually happens. When it isn't irrelevant, it's the rare case where the hymen actually is a complete seal for the vagina and needs to be surgically opened so the girl can, you know, menstruate.

It's almost like society's obsession with virginity is meaningless!

Also, the term "popped her cherry" makes me cringe.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Been eagerly awaiting the forums to come back up so I could post this baby - added line breaks because it was a giant wall of text

Can I sue for the transmission of an STD - Hartford, CT
(self.legaladvice)

quote:

Can I sue for the transmission of an STD?

Heres the backstory: Let us just say that: My name is Matt. My friend's name is Tyler. Tyler's friend's name is Ashley. Ashley's friend's name is Sarah.

Me and Tyler go to the bar on a Friday night just as something to do. Tyler runs into his old friend Ashley and they begin talking. Ashley introduces me to Sarah who I grew up with in the same town, and had heard of, but never really met. We enjoy our night at the bar. I enjoyed some small talk with Sarah but nothing serious. All I know is things between Tyler and Ashley are really starting to heat up. Tyler asks me if I want to go back to Ashley's apartment with them for a while. I said not really I want to go home. Tyler was my ride and tries pressuring me into going. Saying it'll only be for a little. He'll owe me one. Blah blah blah whatever. I really wasn't interested in Sarah like that and was trying to avoid going. Although my dumb/drunk rear end finally agrees to go "for a little", mainly because Sarah begins talking about how awesome her bong is at her house and how much I really need to go, to at least try it.

We get to Sarah's apartment and we're all sitting on the living room couch just smoking and watching TV. Tyler and Ashley disappear into the other room leaving just me and Sarah on the couch together. Sarah starts talking about she has some pizza in kitchen and asks me if I want some. I say sure. Five minutes later Sarah comes back without any pizza but wearing some serious lingerie, the type that would make a dead man perk up in his grave. I'm just sitting there looking in disbelief as she takes the top half off and begins walking towards me. I don't really need to go into too much detail. But basically, some things that shouldn't have happened happened. I eventually went to go get Tyler to leave. Tyler was sound asleep and wouldn't wake up. I realize that Sarah and Ashley are also both asleep now. I decide I didn't want to wait until morning for a ride and called an Uber home.

I wake up in the morning with loads of regret, but it's already a done deal at this point so whatever. Two weeks go by and like clockwork I begin noticing symptoms. I go to a doctor and get tested. They originally thought it was herpes, but once that test came back negative they basically determined that it was HPV (not HIV but still an incurable, lifelong disease with the potential to cause cancer among other problems). I know she gave it to me. I never previously had any of those symptoms and hadn't engaged with anyone else for quite some time prior.

Anyways, I begin researching topics online such as "suing someone for giving you and STD". A lot of what I read states that someone does NOT need to be aware of their STD positive status to receive punishment for transmitting it to another person. You can sue even if they didn't know they had it. You can sue someone just for exposing it to you, even if you don't contract it. Anyways, today I finally found time to contact a lawyer and ask what my options are. The phone call lasted only a few minutes, with the lawyer telling me "You can't sue her if she didn't know she had it, and how are you going to prove she knew she had it?" He basically told me he personally didnt want the case and got off the phone with me. What he told me goes against most of what I have read. I specifically read the law doesn't require intent, and that you can sue someone for contracting it even if they didn't know they had it.

So my question is, is he right or is he wrong? What are my options? This girl basically seduced me and her actions have and will affect me for the rest of my life in ways that are too long to list here. She had an obligation to tell me and she didn't. She deserves to be punished for what she did. He did say something about maybe having a case if I could prove she knew she had it and was negligent by not telling me. Among many other reasons, I believe she must have known she had it, as I was told by mutual friends that it turns out Sarah is actually a stripper and has "been around". That being said, she must have been aware of her condition, and had she disclosed such to me as required by law (which she didn't), such an interaction never would have occured. What are my options? Thank you.

And an update/edit:

quote:

Update: When you know for a fact a girl infected you with an incurable STD and you ask Reddit for advice, but everyone treats her as the victim and you as the bad guy. Even though she's the one that screwed you. All based off of "probablies". Talking about 85% percent this 90% percent that. Not realizing that I was in the 10-15% that apparently everyone forgot exists. Apparently it is now socially acceptable in the United States to knowingly infect someone with an STD. poo poo, California just made removed the law barring one from knowingly transmitting HIV. Apparently because everyone does it that makes it okay. You guys are the same people that think OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony are innocent. Wanting to believe someone is innocent, therefore they must be, rather than believe the reality of the situation. Apparently you a think I have nothing better to do than sit here and lie to you for no reason. Fact of the matter is I'm here telling you the truth. No one wants to believe me so whatever. Thanks for letting me down Reddit.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Buzkashi posted:

Been eagerly awaiting the forums to come back up so I could post this baby - added line breaks because it was a giant wall of text

I barebacked some girl I just met and got HPV. Can I sue her?

If it were anything other than HPV I'd feel for him a bit, but what did he expect here? I don't have HPV, or any STDs including the herpes, but everytime you have a new partner the odds of them having HPV is astronomically high. To the point where it's an outcome you accept before even deciding to bang someone.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 1, 2018

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

quote:

Data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
    During 2011–2014, prevalence of any oral human papillomavirus (HPV) for adults aged 18–69 was 7.3%; high-risk HPV was 4.0%.
    Overall, prevalence of any and high-risk oral HPV was lowest among non-Hispanic Asian adults; any oral HPV was highest among non-Hispanic black adults.
    Prevalence of any and high-risk oral HPV was higher in men than women except for high-risk HPV among Asian adults.
    During 2013–2014, prevalence of any and high-risk genital HPV for adults aged 18–59 was 45.2% and 25.1% in men and 39.9% and 20.4% in women, respectively.
    Prevalence of any and high-risk genital HPV was lower among non-Hispanic Asian and higher among non-Hispanic black than both non-Hispanic white and Hispanic men and women.

From https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db280.htm

In Belgium, you can't get tested or vaccinated for HPV if you're male. We've checked with several doctors as we'd like to get our sons vaccinated. Since a few years, all girls are vaccinated at school for free at age 12 as part of a national program. There's loads of people here that don't even know HPV is a STD, though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Buzkashi posted:

(self.legaladvice)

And an update/edit:

This guy writes like an rear end in a top hat; I’m glad he got HPV. But same time, it sounds fake as hell, because what chick pulls the ol ‘lemme get pizza but come back in sexy lingerie’ to a dude they just met.

E: possibly dumb qq, but HPV gives noticeable symptoms? Is it like burning when you piss, or is it more ‘physical’ skin stuff?

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

This guy writes like an rear end in a top hat; I’m glad he got HPV. But same time, it sounds fake as hell, because what chick pulls the ol ‘lemme get pizza but come back in sexy lingerie’ to a dude they just met.

E: possibly dumb qq, but HPV gives noticeable symptoms? Is it like burning when you piss, or is it more ‘physical’ skin stuff?

If you're male, most of the time you're a carrier with no symptoms. You might be affected by HPV types 6 or 11, which cause 90% of genital warts. For females, there's types 6 & 11 (amongst others) that cause genital warts or CIN (cell mutations in the cervix). Types 16 or 18 are the ones that mostly lead to cervical cancer, although other high risk types can cause it. HPV is nasty!

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Buzkashi posted:

(self.legaladvice)

And an update/edit:

"Dear Penthouse..."

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I (26f) am on my road trip honeymoon with my husband (26m) of two weeks. He keeps making annoying noises and now thinks it’s a joke and won’t stop even though I’ve asked him nicely several times. Is it appropriate to just get a plane ticket and fly home?

quote:

I realize that I may get some crap in this thread for appearing Patty or inpatient or even a silly over this issue. I’m prepared to except that but I think this situation has gone so far beyond anything that’s reasonable I’m about to lose my mind.

So my husband and I were married two weeks ago And since we certainly aren’t flush with cash or anything we agreed to a 2 Week Rd. trip across the southerb parts of the United States. I’ve never seen this part of the country and have always wanted to do something like this drive from the Florida Keys to San Diego. We are currently at about day five of the trip.

On the first day I was driving and I noticed my husband was clicking a pen over and over again and I thought he just sort of had nervous energy so I kind of joked, can you stop clicking that pencil much? And he said oh it’s just to habit basically. So he stopped and then like a few minutes later he started humming really loud along with the music on the radio. We were in bad traffic and I was really trying To concentrate so I said hey please stop you’re being very distracting. He did that day.

But the next day he certain started clicking the pin again as he was driving and he said hey Little Miss Sensitive you can’t do anything about it now because I’m the one that’s driving. I try to enjoy it as long as I could but I finally got frustrated and said please stop clicking the goddamn pen. And he said some joke about oh I made you angry how cute or something along those lines. We put into our camp spot and basically I just avoided him for the rest of the night. The next day driving wasn’t bad as it seems like he forgot but then today has just been orderly miserable. He started off the day by saying a I bet you I can’t can’t click this pen 10,000 times and kiss you lose your mind. And sure enough I bet he’s clicked it 10,000 times or more. We are currently pulled over at a rest stop and I am seriously considering just going to the next town, buying a ticket and flying home because I can’t stand to be in the car with him as he’s just being annoying and making fun of me while doing it. I’m not saying I’m splitting up with him or anything I just don’t know how else to make him know that I’m serious. Am I overreacting or is this response appropriate?

I type this into Siri so I hope it makes sense I’ll try and edit if possible

tl;dr: My husband is annoying the crap out of me on a road trip, is it appropriate just to fly home to get out of the car with him and let him know how serious I am that he’s really pissed me off?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Palpek posted:

I (26f) am on my road trip honeymoon with my husband (26m) of two weeks. He keeps making annoying noises and now thinks it’s a joke and won’t stop even though I’ve asked him nicely several times. Is it appropriate to just get a plane ticket and fly home?

lmao they made it a whole two weeks

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Ahaha, is this a religious couple that has never spent an extended amount of time together before marriage? So good. The telltale pen is gonna be clicking in her head until she cries out and admits she shouldn't have gotten married, and knew that before she did.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

loquacius posted:

My [25M] GF [23F] and her friends keep referencing and insulting my height and it's annoying me.

Lol “they’re just curious how a little manlet bitch like you ever got a girlfriend.”

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

quote:

But the next day he certain started clicking the pin again as he was driving and he said hey Little Miss Sensitive you can’t do anything about it now because I’m the one that’s driving. I try to enjoy it as long as I could but I finally got frustrated and said please stop clicking the goddamn pen. And he said some joke about oh I made you angry how cute
I see this kinda poo poo with couples and I will never understand why people act this way

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

loquacius posted:

Start making fun of her body.

edit:

quote:

[–]perdictoma173
[S] [score hidden] 22 hours ago
You're not wrong there! I've tried explaining it in terms of breast size and she got angry at me for insinuating that her breasts were too small and that it's not right for me to say something like that.

:sever:

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 1, 2018

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Palpek posted:

:murder:

why do people like annoying other people? it takes so much energy :effort:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

tactlessbastard posted:

Ffs it was a brand name clarification calm down

The galaxy brains that post in this thread who are only capable of projecting onto others MUST make everyone aware that they think everyone ITT are wierdos who do not know the difference between tampons and pads and this does not reflect on thier own insecurities at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Whorelord posted:

Apart from crossdressers, men don't give a poo poo about makeup

The only makeup I care about is extremely thick eyeliner