Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
A blah model for a blah primarch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I just want the guy who wrote the dreadful Blood Angel books where the last boss is a big scary Vampire writing the penultimate "Death of Sanguinus" novel. Just kill all that momentum going into the finale.

Guy Haley seems to be the new Blood Angels writer in 40kl and has been doing a really solid job so far. I'd be happy to see him writing them during the siege.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Lord Twisted posted:

Dorn is up. Tres sexy.

One of the best ones yet. I don't even play Fists and I'll probably buy it (and paint some dead Alpha Legion dudes on his base).

My one complaint: I just wish Storm's Teeth was bigger. It looks pretty unimpressive.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I just want the guy who wrote the dreadful Blood Angel books where the last boss is a big scary Vampire writing the penultimate "Death of Sanguinus" novel. Just kill all that momentum going into the finale.

It still blows my mind that the same James Swallow who produced the excellent Fear to Tread, and Flight of the Eisenstein novels, also wrote the absolute trash Blood Angels Omnibus(es).

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

A blah model for a blah primarch

Actually its a good model.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm not crazy about it. It's about there with the Guilliman model for me. Good, but I think Curze and Pert are my faves.

The stoic poses are hard to get right on a miniature, I feel.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The Iron Warriors apologist dislikes the Dorn model what a surprise :nallears:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Pert’s just a big stack of Paul drinks

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I like the sigismund pose more, but Dorn's base is perfect in that "put an iron thunderdome around it" kinda way

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Impeccable features, impossible anatomy, redundant organs, monstrous dick, yet the Emperor made sure to give him one flaw: he’s physically incapable of sudden movements while holding his gun.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

panascope posted:

Impeccable features, impossible anatomy, redundant organs, monstrous dick, yet the Emperor made sure to give him one flaw: he’s physically incapable of sudden movements while holding his gun.

Gotta stand firm and use both hands.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
poo poo, I'll have to finish painting my Imperial Fist terminators now, and of course my thunder-hawk.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm not crazy about it. It's about there with the Guilliman model for me. Good, but I think Curze and Pert are my faves.

The stoic poses are hard to get right on a miniature, I feel.

I really, really wanted to like the Perturabo model and while I like the pose and the wrecked knight base, the model itself is just so meh

Agreed that Night Haunter owns

ijyt posted:

The Iron Warriors apologist dislikes the Dorn model what a surprise :nallears:

Perturabo was right, though

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Is anybody going to the weekender?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Hixson posted:

Is anybody going to the weekender?

Joe's going to ask about Blood Bowl.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

I really, really wanted to like the Perturabo model and while I like the pose and the wrecked knight base, the model itself is just so meh

Agreed that Night Haunter owns

Perturabo was right, though

The base is a bit too massive for me, but I really like the model. I'm glad people like their primarchs though. That's really what matters.

I hope they continue to carry that Pert/Iron Circle aesthetic. It's so much better than that trashy contemptor we got.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

The base is a bit too massive for me, but I really like the model. I'm glad people like their primarchs though. That's really what matters.

I hope they continue to carry that Pert/Iron Circle aesthetic. It's so much better than that trashy contemptor we got.
Stars.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Bugs.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There are other threads here, you know.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
hello I am lion el johnson

also know as beetlejuice

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

also know as beetlejuice

Every morning I shout LION EL'JOHNSON three times to the heavens and still FW hasn't said they've started working on him :smith:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

also know as beetlejuice
Um, excuse me, but Beetlejuice wore stripes, not :pcgaming:CHECKERS:pcgaming:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I’m going to the weekender. Itching to ask about the battle of five armies rerelease rumour.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I want a perma for anybody who goes and doesn’t ask about Horus Heresy.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

I’m going to the weekender. Itching to ask about the battle of five armies rerelease rumour.

Ask for FW shadespire factions to really wrap up LVO

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

I want a perma for anybody who goes and doesn’t ask about Horus Heresy.

TTerrible posted:

I'm going to the weekender. :toxx:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

For real though. If somebody is going please please please please get me a TSons coffee cup

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Hixson posted:

For real though. If somebody is going please please please please get me a TSons coffee cup

Same but Solar Auxillia.

Also ask why they don't just cancel the failing Space Marine lines and rededicate the resources to creating more Solar Aux.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

Same but Solar Auxillia.

Also ask why they don't just cancel the failing Space Marine lines and rededicate the resources to creating more Solar Aux.

There aren’t gonna be any more solar aux, it was a designer passion project that was good enough to get productionalized, but it wasn’t ever intended to be a full faction/legion.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Owned.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Got this guy put together this morning. I plan to run him as either a Legion Champion or maybe a Power Sword Chaplain in 30k and as my Exalted Champion in 40k. Stull need to decide on a backpack. I really need to source an old Noise Marine backpack, but the eagle one from the Space Marine Commander box might work.

Slight case of "Hixson Hand" going on here, but at least it isn't as aggressively obvious.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Slight case of "Hixson Hand" going on here, but at least it isn't as aggressively obvious.

I didn't even notice until you said it.

Good looking man.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So I hear 30k is a dumb, dead game and AoS is the new hotness.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TKIY posted:

So I hear 30k is a dumb, dead game and 8E is the new hotness.

FTFY

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
No, AoS is definitely good now.

Played Ravenwing against ultras last night, here was my list:

2500 Ravenwing
Legiones Astartes

Praetor: Paragon blade; digital lasers; iron halo; rad grenades; Space Marine bike 195

Chaplain: Calibanite warblade; artificer armour; melta bombs; rad grenades; Space Marine bike 130

5 Jetbike Sky Hunters: Sky Hunter Sergeant (Calibanite war blade; melta bombs; rad grenades); 5 × heavy bolter (molecular acid shells) 265

4 Outriders: Outrider Sergeant (Calibanite war blade; melta bombs) 150

9 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; combi-grenade with stasis shells; Calibanite war blade; rad grenades); Machine Killers; 8 Veteran Space Marines; 8 × combi-weapon; nuncio-vox; melta bombs 303

Apothecarion Detachment
Apothecary: artificer armour; Calibanite war blade; Space Marine bike 85
Apothecary: artificer armour; Calibanite war blade 65

10 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; combi-grenade with stasis shells; Calibanite war blade; rad grenades); Machine Killers; 9 Veteran Space Marines; 4 × power weapon; melta bombs; 2 × heavy bolter and suspensor web (molecular acid shells) 315

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod 115

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron
Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; 2 × hunter-killer missiles 75

Land Speeder Squadron
Land Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; hull-mounted graviton gun 65

4 Jetbike Sky Slayers: Sky Slayer Sergeant (Calibanite war blade; rad grenades); plasma cannons 300

Caestus Assault Ram 305

2,498 points

I lost pretty handily, like I usually do with Ravenwing. In this case I seized the initiative and it probably ended up worse for me than going second- being able to drop my guys on his stuff as it dropped/outflanked in would have been pretty great. It was the last game of our campaign at the store, so I got to shoot a volcano cannon once which ruled. Other than that I mostly got beat up though- as much as I like my little speeder squadron they’re just too frail to do anything significant, and playing Blood Feud is really really tough for Ravenwing, since I had 5 bike/skimmer/jetbike units that were fairly easy to get bonus VPs by killing. Oh well!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Good news everybody, the Weekender is all about loving custodes.

Valdor looks like poo poo.

Merry Christmas.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

TTerrible posted:

Good news everybody, the Weekender is all about loving custodes.

Valdor looks like poo poo.

Merry Christmas.

Yeah, but what about Hobbit news? Inquiring minds want to know!

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Lost at list building

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dorn's my favorite loyalist primarch.

Fortifies terra for years and still doesn't protect the emperor.

Later losses his entire legion to some low effort Pert trolling.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

Dorn's my favorite loyalist primarch.

Fortifies terra for years and still doesn't protect the emperor.

Later losses his entire legion to some low effort Pert trolling.

I wouldn’t call turning an entire planet into a psychological torture fortress to be low effort but it was definitely high quality trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through