Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Lot of smoke lately that Tennessee is going to flip current Alabama commit Quay Walker, who is a 4-star LB and the 3rd ranked OLB in 2018. Would be a huge get if that turns out to happen.

He’s either going to us or UGA I think. He’s still technically committed to Bama but he’s gonna flip to someone. Pruitt was his recruiter at Bama and he loves the guy.

Him and JJ Peterson (4* OLB UT commit) are buddies now and JJ has been recruiting him hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think we end up getting Walker and 4-star WR Jacob Copeland. Pruitt and staff are doing work.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I think we end up getting Walker and 4-star WR Jacob Copeland. Pruitt and staff are doing work.

4* CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart would be one to keep an eye on too. If we were closer to home I’d say it was all but guaranteed he likes the UT staff a lot but I dont think he wants to stray too far from home so he’s gonna go to USC.

FSU is also making a hard push for the 4* WR Jordan Young who I think will be the gem of the class.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

He’s either going to us or UGA I think. He’s still technically committed to Bama but he’s gonna flip to someone. Pruitt was his recruiter at Bama and he loves the guy.

Him and JJ Peterson (4* OLB UT commit) are buddies now and JJ has been recruiting him hard

Yeah the only thing most folks seems to agree on is he probably isn't going to Alabama when it is all said and done.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Has Tennessee made that much progress with Copeland? :confused:

Everyone has had him as a 50/50 between UF and Bama for a while now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Has Tennessee made that much progress with Copeland? :confused:

Everyone has had him as a 50/50 between UF and Bama for a while now.

He’s had a lot of visits with UT recently

https://twitter.com/JCope1era/status/958889338581995521?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E3

Not that that means anything, but some people are saying it’s shifting some

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

yeah but has your coach thumb wrestled him yet

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

yeah but has your coach thumb wrestled him yet

My coach looks like a thumb does that count

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
My hope for the new year is coaches across the country get better fitting khakis. That’s all.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

vikingstrike posted:

My hope for the new year is coaches across the country get better fitting khakis. That’s all.

Khakis had their darkest hour with Charlie Weis. It will never be that bad again.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I've reached the point where I'm not even sure what they should look like

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Khakis had their darkest hour with Charlie Weis. It will never be that bad again.

They had a separate Gunt Compartment, with an industrial-strength elastic sling. No other way those stay on his body.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I'm kind of glad Dan Mullen was flown into IMG in a helicopter this week. I think the kids were just interested in the fact he was there at all, but were really unimpressed with the chopper.

Either way, UF will very likely finally end their drought of recruiting at IMG. But it also helps that a motivated recruiter is in charge there.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Doronin posted:

Either way, UF will very likely finally end their drought of recruiting at IMG. But it also helps that a motivated recruiter is in charge there.

You mean Mac cheesin' with no socks while Nuss blew off blue chip QBs during their visits wasn't an effective recruiting strategy?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrew_miller36/status/959583487211786241

https://twitter.com/SanjayKirpalani/status/959588074723467264

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 3, 2018

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It's a way different world though with early signing.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Three safeties and three cornerbacks; did the entire secondary graduate?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

LLCoolJD posted:

Three safeties and three cornerbacks; did the entire secondary graduate?

There was attrition there, yeah, but I think when you can go out and get basically all the top players in-state you should probably go for it and then figure things out from there. Athletes like that... a good coaching staff will find a way to use them.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
3* QB Kevin Doyle decomitted from Michigan. They had wanted him to go to prep school for a year, so I'm guessing he got an offer to come in immediately that he preferred

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Say good bye to Jordan Young, Vols
https://twitter.com/Ctillman04/status/960307520454602752

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why does that mean Jordan Young isn’t going to Knoxville?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why does that mean Jordan Young isn’t going to Knoxville?

Late offer the week before signing day for a player of the same position while Young is on a visit elsewhere bodes poorly for Tennessee

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol it means nothing. FSU is taking like 4 receivers. This new guy would have been 3 including Young for UT. If anything it says more about Jacob Copeland who was a Tennessee target and just had another OV with Florida this weekend after Pruitt had an in-Home with him a few days before.

Austin Price talked to Young after his visit and Young told him he’s still “110% Vol” and then Young shut his social media down without doing any more interviews.

Anything could happen but Tennessee offering another receiver doesn’t mean Young isn’t going to end up in Knoxville.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It is good and fun as a fan of college football to have two NSD's.

I still don't know if it's good for the kids tho.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

It is good and fun as a fan of college football to have two NSD's.

I still don't know if it's good for the kids tho.

I can't figure it out either. I guess it's good for the lower ranked kids because they can lock a school in early and avoid the inevitable situation where some kids get booted from a class because a higher ranked prospect commits last second on signing day. It's good for schools because they can lock kids in early and not have to worry about other schools flipping them last second.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tons of crystal balls just flipped from UF to tOSU for Nicholas Petit-Frere. Poop.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ehud posted:

Tons of crystal balls just flipped from UF to tOSU for Nicholas Petit-Frere. Poop.

Yall might pull malik langham from alabama

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Joey Freshwater posted:

I can't figure it out either. I guess it's good for the lower ranked kids because they can lock a school in early and avoid the inevitable situation where some kids get booted from a class because a higher ranked prospect commits last second on signing day. It's good for schools because they can lock kids in early and not have to worry about other schools flipping them last second.

I think it's going to be a year or two before we really know how this is panning out. But from the early returns, I don't think it's helping the kids very much. But on the other hand, it's helping move the coaching carousel along because now coaches can get kids to sign and haul rear end for a new job much sooner. See: Ed Warriner

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yall might pull malik langham from alabama

Wow, I saw a couple of crystal ball flips yesterday. Up a good bit now.

Happy NSD part 2, ya jerks!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/aadelsonESPN/status/961218126892290049

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I hope he's more Ron Zook than Dabo Swinney.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Do they scalp somebody in celebration at the end of the day?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

4 star ATH/WR Justin Watkins has signed his LOI with UF.

It begins.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/davidfurones_/status/961240690721284101

lol I live for this stupid poo poo

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA might have like 6 guys interested but has 4 spots at most, so I dunno who we are going to get but I think this class is already cool and good.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

That’s awesome lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mike Farrell of Rivals is saying some people in Gainesville are worried Copeland might pick the Vols.

That would suck!!!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Counterpoint no it wouldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ehud posted:

Mike Farrell of Rivals is saying some people in Gainesville are worried Copeland might pick the Vols.

That would suck!!!

• Locked thread