Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

xzzy posted:

Game's over GET THE gently caress OFF THE ICE

https://i.imgur.com/J2C9up8.gifv

That's loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Incredible.

I want the video/interview of this.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://deadspin.com/german-hockey-player-narrowly-avoids-der-eismaschine-1822572263

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Die Eismaschine verlangt Blut!

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
have you guys that use kids sticks tried out the 20 flex variety, it might be right up your alley.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

bewbies posted:

have you guys that use kids sticks tried out the 20 flex variety, it might be right up your alley.

Battlemode, Coach Jeremy's brand, has that beat. 17.5 flex stick: https://modehockey.com/collections/frontpage/products/battlemode-17-5-flex

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Might as well play hockey with one of those pool noodles.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's disappointing how long I clicked around on that site before I realized everything they sell is intended for kids.

I want that pink stick though.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

We were cursed by the phantom interference call tonight. Our dude was trying to dodge the ref and accidentally ran into another player. Arm goes up.

2-1 loss but it was a fun game and nobody got pissy.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Sounds like interference to me

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Well you see it negatively impacted my team, so therefore the ref is clearly in error.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This amused me. The post game conversations of the egregious sins of the blue team are fun when backed by video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VSqvWsFuI&t=399s

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

xzzy posted:

This amused me. The post game conversations of the egregious sins of the blue team are fun when backed by video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VSqvWsFuI&t=399s

I like how the goalie on white gets upset by every net front drive by the blue team. I mean as long as he's not getting trucked I don't see the problem.

Edit: Also I had to make the skate of shame by being offsides on what would have been a 3 on 1. Just said "fuuuuuuuuuuck" all the way to the bench.

Vargatron fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 2, 2018

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Not sure if it's nationwide or just in Chicago, but Dick's is having a huge clearance sale on sticks. Just got a $79.99 stick for $23.98.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Not sure if it's nationwide or just in Chicago, but Dick's is having a huge clearance sale on sticks. Just got a $79.99 stick for $23.98.

Golly I wonder if that applies to the 3 road hockey sticks they stock at their store in Columbia, Missouri.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gonna finally drop the bread on that sherwood 5030 i've been eyeing.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I'm reading the ESPN article on Caroline Park, who lives in New York and is playing for the Korean women's ice hockey team this Olympics. At one point it says she was playing rec league before the Korean Ice Hockey Federation called her, which made me wonder if it was the same person who used to fill in for my team 5 years ago. So I checked my old emails, and lo-and-behold, it's her. Pretty drat cool.

Always knew my level of play was practically equivalent to Olympic athlete :smuggo:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Apple Watch users:

I found a neat app called Hockey Tracker (it's in beta atm) that tries to track shifts, top speed, and distance skated. You can see a summary of your approximated shift times at the end. It seems ~fairly~ accurate, but obviously has some quirks that still need ironed out. It'll sometimes double-count shifts if there's a long stop between whistles and it thinks warmups are shifts, but I think the dev is working on tweaking things like that.

Since it's in beta, you have to sign up to request access to it here:
https://www.hockeytrackerapp.com/
Then you'll have to install TestFlight to get beta apps.

For games, I've just been using the default Workouts app and starting a HIIT workout. I've only used the tracker app for 1 game so far, but seems pretty cool.

So this is out of beta and is in the AppStore now.

Just about all the functionality is hidden behind a monthly subscription paywall now. You can track your poo poo during a game, but it won't save ANY data, nor stick it in Apple Health/Activities without paying.

It's a cool app, but a shame that it's a subscription and wasn't an $X purchase or something. Back to the default Workouts app for me.

Bummer because I tracked our game last night where we had 7 skaters. Pretty sure all of my shifts were 5+ minutes. Would have loved to see the heart rate data for that one. We ended up outshooting them 50-9 and won 2-1. I didn't get home til almost 2am and am loving exhausted today, but drat that win felt good.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 6, 2018

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Loqieu posted:

I'm reading the ESPN article on Caroline Park, who lives in New York and is playing for the Korean women's ice hockey team this Olympics. At one point it says she was playing rec league before the Korean Ice Hockey Federation called her, which made me wonder if it was the same person who used to fill in for my team 5 years ago. So I checked my old emails, and lo-and-behold, it's her. Pretty drat cool.

Always knew my level of play was practically equivalent to Olympic athlete :smuggo:

I've been on the bench for a couple games Kelli Stack played with/against some men who were from low level college, and a couple former AHL/overseas players. She hung pretty well with them, but definitely not head and shoulders above everyone. She is great, far better than me. But I was expecting her to be way better than she was against the guys.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So this is out of beta and is in the AppStore now.

Just about all the functionality is hidden behind a monthly subscription paywall now. You can track your poo poo during a game, but it won't save ANY data, nor stick it in Apple Health/Activities without paying.

It's a cool app, but a shame that it's a subscription and wasn't an $X purchase or something. Back to the default Workouts app for me.

Bummer because I tracked our game last night where we had 7 skaters. Pretty sure all of my shifts were 5+ minutes. Would have loved to see the heart rate data for that one. We ended up outshooting them 50-9 and won 2-1. I didn't get home til almost 2am and am loving exhausted today, but drat that win felt good.

How much is it a month?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Loqieu posted:

I play against a guy in D3 who "almost" made it to the Russian Olympic team in the 90's for running. He's relatively new to hockey but he's stayed in shape and because of that has no business playing at my level.. he picked the game up fast.

His warmup is to go behind the rink and do sprints for five minutes.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sellouts posted:

How much is it a month?

$3 that's better spent on beer

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

yeah trying buying one for on the bench

MajorJohnSteed
Dec 20, 2014

Hockles posted:

I've been on the bench for a couple games Kelli Stack played with/against some men who were from low level college, and a couple former AHL/overseas players. She hung pretty well with them, but definitely not head and shoulders above everyone. She is great, far better than me. But I was expecting her to be way better than she was against the guys.

Sometimes a gold medalist from Nagano tells me I had a good game. I think she's just being nice.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

It's $20 max to buy skate tracking app for the entire pond team, let's do it.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Pleads posted:

It's $20 max to buy skate tracking app for the entire pond team, let's do it.

Don't we also need the devices on our wrists?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Bradf0rd posted:

Don't we also need the devices on our wrists?

idiot

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I have this thing where I look like Patrick Roy for the first 45 minutes of pickup, and then look like Steve Mason on the back half.

Surely it has nothing to do with being out of shape.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Rude!

And now I present DukeChin's and my 3v3 team living up to its name, "DEFENSE?!?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwOb-y9CPS0
(cameo of DukeChin himself!)

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Jesus.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nah, Jesus would have saved that.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I loled. #81 should learn to stop the other direction.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maybe he has a rare skin condition that makes him allergic to stopping on his left foot.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I see your team attended the "Alexander Semin school of backchecking".

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
So wait, this isn't professional hockey right? Just wanted to make sure there's no confusion in the room.

That was a nice initial save though.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9gzjPLh-IA&t=35s

I once shot a puck at the net.

It went in.

It was the goalie's fault.

I didn't really celebrate the goal because of this.

It was my first goal in two seasons in this league.

It was also the game typing goal of our first win in 10 games.

I am bad.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Hello Leonard, do you like my bongos?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

aunt jemima posted:

Hello Leonard, do you like my bongos?

Holy gently caress I hate you

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

sellouts posted: