Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

Profit and Lace

DS9 6:23
3/5 stars on IMDB? Surely a fun romp!

fuuuuuuuuuuck you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Futurama Star trek one

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cingulate posted:

I need to watch something while doing chores, somebody tell me any Star Trek episode to watch - any, from any series - and I will. Please, quick!

Cause and Effect

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why wasn't Quark's mom played by Majel Barrett?

WampaLord posted:

Cause and Effect
Too late

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh noooooooooooooooooo

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Cingulate posted:

I need to watch something while doing chores, somebody tell me any Star Trek episode to watch - any, from any series - and I will. Please, quick!

Cause and 3ffect

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is it me, or does female Quark look like John Malkovich?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cingulate posted:

Is it me, or does female Quark look like John Malkovich?

:catstare: did you actually watch it you madman

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
You only have to watch once to burn the image into your memory forever.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

WampaLord posted:

Oh noooooooooooooooooo

I never noticed the model wobbling on the armature like that right at the end.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s so odd that the actor who played Okona was the runner up to play Riker. I just can’t see it.

It wasn't, it was Jeff Coombes.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

:catstare: did you actually watch it you madman
Of course.

I now feel vaguely offended on multiple axes. On the other hand, I am sure if I had watched something not incredibly off-putting, I woulda done the chores much worse!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Timby posted:

No wonder it blew up! :v:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Trickjaw posted:

It wasn't, it was Jeff Coombes.

Combs.

Combs.

COMBS.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm watching Spock's Brain now by the way. It's grossly sexist, but somehow less sexist than Profit & Lace?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

shovelbum posted:

Navy-style work hours make very little sense on a vessel so heavily automated anyway. The humans should basically be at 100% peak performance on a ship that can handle itself so well.

Not if you’re actively going into combat. Then you need damage control parties, and against the borg, armed anti boarding parties.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cingulate posted:

I'm watching Spock's Brain now by the way. It's grossly sexist, but somehow less sexist than Profit & Lace?

I always imagine Gene Coon got loving blitzed before he churned out Spock's Brain in like two hours.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Cingulate posted:

Replace the word 'brain' with 'dick' for optimal viewing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cingulate posted:

It's the kind of episode that's so endearingly moronic that you can't help but smile

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Timby posted:

Don't count on it anytime soon. The OG Star Trek movies, with two exceptions, were never tremendous moneymakers for Paramount. And Paramount, between its ongoing financial troubles and the continuing fallout of the home physical media market, isn't inclined to spend time and money on something that won't bring back more than a negligible return. Remember, outside of Wrath of Khan, all we have of the other nine movies are the tremendously lovely rush job Blu-rays they shoved out the door in 2009, the ones that are color-timed and DNRed to holy hell and back.

The annoying thing with TWOK is the work is done. They literally just have to press the disc.

I can watch it in 4k HDR on Google Play, but I really want a full bitrate version with lossless audio.

I've already bought this movie 5 loving times and I'm saying I would buy a sixth time. It's so very frustrating.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Timby posted:

I thought for the explosive models they hung them from the ceiling with wire and then pointed a camera up from beneath.

EDIT: Also I wonder if Image G secretly wished they were doing that to the old 6-footer, like how ILM/Ralston wished they were blowing up the real model in Star Trek 3. :v:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I thought for the explosive models they hung them from the ceiling with wire and then pointed a camera up from beneath.

You're probably right, it's been a while since I read up on that. It's just funny to watch the model actually warping and bending.

EDIT: Also I wonder if Image G secretly wished they were doing that to the old 6-footer, like how ILM/Ralston wished they were blowing up the real model in Star Trek 3. :v:

I have no doubt in my mind that they did.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Timby posted:

You're probably right, it's been a while since I read up on that. It's just funny to watch the model actually warping and bending.

Yeah, true. I also think it's funny how it's the nacelle that didn't get hit that violently explodes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, true. I also think it's funny how it's the nacelle that didn't get hit that violently explodes.

All the plasma from the damaged nacelle back fed though the system and blew out the other nacelle.

DUH!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure they actually dropped them and had the cameras motion controlled down a vertical track. Packed them with explosives and blew them mid-air.

I kinda wish they'd spruced them up a bit in TNG HD like they did for the Borg cube.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 1, 2018

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Timby posted:

Combs.

Combs.

COMBS.

You're tight. A terrible mistake to make, and I curse autocorrect.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trickjaw posted:

You're tight. A terrible mistake to make, and I curse autocorrect.
:trumppop:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How come there's no movies with both Jeffrey Combs and Geoffrey (b)Rush?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Oh noooooooooooooooooo

I'm the little bit of debris that collides with something to the right of the frame and bounces back into shot.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

*The holodeck becomes extremely Hawaiian. Security bears enter. They look good.*

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

How come there's no movies with both Jeffrey Combs and Geoffrey (b)Rush?

They've yet to invent a recording medium that can contain that much awesome.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arglebargle III posted:

*The holodeck becomes extremely Hawaiian. Security bears enter. They look good.*

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I sometimes think "Oh I'll just put Voyager on to have something on while I do work." Then I remember Neelix.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Opening shot: the heavily damaged Enterprise is in orbit around a family restaurant.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Arglebargle III posted:

Opening shot: the heavily damaged Enterprise is in orbit around a family restaurant.

Shoney's?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Dining room of family restaurant

PICARD: Mr. Worf, I appreciate this present of clothes for my birthday, but, as I am a boy, I need me my toys.

WORF: You have disgraced my father with your words.

*Q falls out of the ceiling wearing cargo pants.*

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TheCenturion posted:

Replace the word 'brain' with 'dick' for optimal viewing.

Every time. It makes me giggle like a 12 year old

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

McSpanky posted:

They've yet to invent a recording medium that can contain that much awesome.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

:catdrugs: