Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

The reasons Americans give for buying bitcoin prove they have no idea what they’re doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There Bias Two posted:

Are we hitting 8600 on GDAX shortly? drat people must be sweating.

There's a $3M wall at 8500 on gdax. Gunna be interesting to see if that vanishes as we approach.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Saw this on r/cryptocurrency, at least one coin is up today

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wanna bitconnect a car battery to my junk.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

:ck5:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Inept posted:

ah good bitconnect has completely severed itself from reality, that's the best move from here.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

bitfinex below 9k, finally

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Oh mercy me

quote:

67%, said they had taken no steps to lock in any of their profits by selling some of their tokens. And just one in six said they viewed bitcoin as a short-term trade and planned to sell within a year.

Most of those polled said they planned to hold their bitcoins for years.

E: Do I hear 8500?!

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 1, 2018

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Just bounced right off a $1M wall at 8600 on GDAX. Looks like a second attempt is going to be made to break it down.

e: annd it's broken. Now approaching the $3M wall at 8500...

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

below 8600. There was a 56 coin buy at 8600 that mysteriously disappeared when it hit that price :thunk:

it's ok there's a 250 coin buywall at 8500 that is real and strong

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

quote:

Asked why they were betting on bitcoin, 41% told pollsters that they believed the digital currency was “a world-changing technology,” 21% said it was “a long-term store of value, like gold or silver,” and 15% said they were taking the advice of a friend or family member.

:murder:

We have one of these guys in my extended group of friends. Used his "bitcoin debit card" to pay at a group dinner at a steakhouse over Christmas and just couldn't wait to answer questions. This was literally the week before bitcoin debit cards were shut down.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
BrokeCoin

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I forgot how fun it is to watch bitcoin just crash through buy walls.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
300 coin wall at 8500. The unstoppable force versus the immovable object.

edit: nvm its down lmao

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Lol when the guys who never thought that they'd get in at 8.5k come home and they have 5 BTC and it's gone down to 6k

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Inept posted:

I... what? Isn't BitConnect the scam that devoured people's bitcoins only a few weeks ago? How is it going up? :psyduck:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
that huge wall at 8500 is gone already

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
good bye buy wall.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Holy poo poo that 8500 wall got destroyed in seconds. Didn't hold at all.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

it went below 8500 already, some of that buywall was even real (not most of it though)

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pawn 17 posted:

e: annd it's broken. Now approaching the $3M wall at 8500...

Lmao that got eaten right up

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
8500 wall not so immovable

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Comeon 8400!!!! This is the good poo poo. I could watch this all day.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

I... what? Isn't BitConnect the scam that devoured people's bitcoins only a few weeks ago? How is it going up? :psyduck:

because crypto is literally just people gambling on nothing hoping to get rich. it doesn't really matter what the coin symbol is, they're all junk

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
900 btc wall at 8k up next lol

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm seeing 8450 on GDAX mobile currently. Is the buywall broken?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I looked away and all those coins were gone. hell yeah i love it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
It's going to be below 8,000 today, lol.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
Holy crap there's a 500USD difference between GDAX and Bitfinex

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

USD/USDT is @ 0.97 on kraken

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

jimmyjams posted:

weedcoin. the only digital currency backed by weed

We already have marijuana-based currency. They're called Ricky's hash coins.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
print that tether

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Bitcoin is a great means to teach economics in real time

poo poo turns out as expected at an extremely accelerated rate

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

orange sky posted:

Bitcoin is a great means to teach economics in real time

poo poo turns out as expected at an extremely accelerated rate

Small scale cryptocurrencies would make for really interesting exercises in econ courses

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

CNBC posted:

The digital currency dropped nearly 13 percent to a low around $8,810 in late morning trading, ET, on Coinbase, the leading U.S. marketplace for trading major cryptocurrencies. Coinbase reported at 11:40 a.m., ET, that its system was experiencing issues with a provider of SMS 2-factor authentication that was impacting "user sign-in, signups, and confirmations for sensitive actions," according to the company's status website.

Bitcoin recovered slightly in midday trading to just above $9,000.

CoinDesk's bitcoin price index, which tracks prices from four major cryptocurrency exchanges including Coinbase, also briefly fell below $9,000 and was trading near $8,948. CME's and Cboe's bitcoin futures contracts for February both fell below $9,000 as well and hovered around that level.

This is one of the current top stories on CNBC, Bitcoin is just so awful that a 24 hour financial news network can't keep up.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

this looks like people cashing out tether to USD, putting up big buy walls on bitfinex and transferring to/selling on GDAX

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

mmmmm here's the tether

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

uh wow that price is shooting up fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
And now it has jumped up $200 on GDAX.

Tether printer running?