Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Kurieg posted:

you'll have to make due with this.
this is what I imagine their graphic designer said in the body of the email that contained this work of art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

unseenlibrarian posted:

And of course, if a vampire embraces a werewolf transformed via Iron Soul, they become that rarest of all monsters, the Carbomination.

I just wanted to let you know that I saw this.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Kurieg posted:

I sadly do not have a stencil font on this computer, so you'll have to make due with this.

nice try, but ISSION and CCOMPLISHED are the same font

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Xinder posted:

nice try, but ISSION and CCOMPLISHED are the same font

Oh I'm so sorry sir, I'll just fix that right up for you.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

:golfclap:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kurieg posted:

Swedish Dracula called, he's handing you his job.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I dunno, I'm really looking forward to Werewolf The Ap@calypse

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

It looks like a promo for a wrestling event pre attitude era.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I guarantee that Swedish Dracula made at least 18 executive orders to change the logo to get it to look like that

hell he probably designed the whole thing himself

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Vitamin P posted:

Nah, that's exceedingly Attitude Era. Which is a pretty good description of the nuWW approach in general.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
The W looks like it's made out of fangs and stakes. Like some dentist vampire hunter staked a vampire's fangs.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

nofather posted:

The W looks like it's made out of fangs and stakes. Like some dentist vampire hunter staked a vampire's fangs.

The W is the W from the old Werewolf the Apocalypse Logo. It's supposed to be claw marks.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

White Wolf is getting back to the heart of its original fan base by being aggressively Deviant Art in its art design.

Hey, that's not fair. Deviant's logo uses at most two fonts.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

nofather posted:

Yeah, as someone who isn't the core demographic of "specifically like maybe half the people who played this game twenty years ago, maybe," that W looks like some vampire poo poo, not wolf poo poo.

Also everything about this is hideous and hilarious. This is their big cool announcement. They have nothing except this, and it's terrible.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Remember their vampire logo that replaces the Q in Masquerade with an ankh?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

So what do I get if they replace the "O" in acension with a pentacle?

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Kurieg posted:

It's supposed to be claw marks.

I did figure that, with the whole 'Werewolf' part, it just looks like fangs. Maybe they had the same art people back then.

Has much info about the video game been released?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

nofather posted:

I did figure that, with the whole 'Werewolf' part, it just looks like fangs. Maybe they had the same art people back then.

It's literally the same letter from the old logo.

quote:

Inspiration for the new Werewolf logo has been drawn from protest signs, hardcore punk logos and a general vibe of violent resistance, combined with three classic Apocalypse images - the claw-mark, the savage “W” and the Garou glyph for “war”.

nofather posted:

Has much info about the video game been released?

poo poo all!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kurieg posted:

An increasing sense of melancholy?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Like, the game might not've even entered actual development yet for all we knew. They announced it before they had a single line of code.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

ProfessorCirno posted:

Like, the game might not've even entered actual development yet for all we knew. They announced it before they had a single line of code.

Cyanide website claims 2018 release.

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/werewolf

So, you know.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ProfessorCirno posted:

Hey, that's S.O.P. for WoD games. If it's released in the next two years, I'd be surprised if it was any good. If it isn't, it's probably not coming.

I'd be more interested in any of the oWoD or cWoD or whatever they're calling it if they were capable of not living in the 90s. Granted, the problem isn't that the theme is the 90s, it's that they've socially and politically never left it. I played a great (albeit short) game of requiem set in Miami in the 80s and it was awesome and a bit over the top. But it wasn't encumbered by game design principles or a focus on just being "a rebel". It was also self-aware, so these are all things that worked. It's like nuWW looks at all the things that work for game companies and then just do the opposite.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Kurieg posted:

it's beautiful

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Kurieg posted:

Embarrassed?

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Kurieg posted:

It's literally the same letter from the old logo.

Which I haven't spent twenty years fawning over, it's new to me. Is the W also the glyph for war?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

nofather posted:

Which I haven't spent twenty years fawning over, it's new to me. Is the W also the glyph for war?

No, the "Swirly thing" replacing the O in Apocalypse is the glyph for the Beast of War, one of the heads of the Triatic Wyrm.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vitamin P posted:

Wait a minute, this is the Stargazer's theme music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAZp_wbv0h4

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I am reminded that one of the things I really liked in old Werewolf was that all the glyphs were drawn like they were made by claws. It's the good kind of 90s WW cheesy.

Kurieg posted:

They won't do that, Brucato would be scared you'd turn the book upside down and become a Nephandus.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
I dunno, that logo kind of gives me hope for the new line

Mainly hope that when they release the new Gypsies, no one will know because its written in 73 different fonts.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
And here's the Fianna wrestling entrance theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

BAH GAWD, HE'S GOT A FAMILY!

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Jesus christ.

It's an eyesore, even more than the old logo was - and I hated the old one.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Desiden posted:

I dunno, that logo kind of gives me hope for the new line

Mainly hope that when they release the new Gypsies, no one will know because its written in 73 different fonts.

I have good news for you

This computer does have the Stencil font.

e: put up a better second attempt.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 2, 2018

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I have good news for you

This computer does have the Stencil font.

e: put up a better second attempt.

This is a joke right? Like I'm almost completely sure this is a joke, but with some of the recent...'decisions' made my NuWW recently I can't be completely certain.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

This is a joke right? Like I'm almost completely sure this is a joke, but with some of the recent...'decisions' made my NuWW recently I can't be completely certain.

This is completely 100% something that White Wolf made and they decided to reveal it here on our bad comedy forum.

It's fake, I mean FFS I made the font out of smaller "Gypsy"s

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 2, 2018

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
It's no lie that SwedeDracula said he wants to redo the book and call it Opre Roma! though.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I spent way too long trying to figure out what letter the skull was meant to be.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
A thought: Vampires should, rationally, (and we all know all vampires are super rational Ayn Randian supermen!) be extremely anti-Nuclear war. There is no reasonable estimate by which a nuclear conflict of any significant size does not extinguish between 50 and 95% of the human race, if not all life on earth, given the recent research on the firestorms (itself building on work in the 1980s) and the long term crop disruption that will result.

No humans = no food. No food = cannibalism.

A corrolary: the radicals of the Sabbat should, at all costs, attempt to trigger a nuclear war. Cannibalism is not taboo, and the extinction of advanced human society in no way conflicts ideologically with the party line and is in fact favourable to them on two grounds. It is much easier to control a malnourished and sickly population that can barely keep itself alive than an alert one with surplus energy; second, when the Antediluvians rise it is preferable that the available foodstocks for them be much diminished, and the mass cannibalistic frenzy will simultaneously strengthen the soldiers against them and limit their food supply when the megadeaths reawaken them. If it occurs during the two weeks to months of permanent night or so that will follow the war, so much the better.

Torpor is not a desirable option in a situation in which food stock is extremely limited because of the excessive vulnerability of a torpid vampire to cannibal hunters; however, it may also be considered that the vast majority of known vampires reside either in Europe or North America, primarily in urban locales. While reasonably immune to radiation, the mass firestorms that will incinerate most urban targets pose an existential threat to cainites that far outweighs this immunity and will result in the death of the vast majority of known cainites. This further favours three groups of vampires: Sabbat radicals, the Giovanni, and the Gangrel and Ravnos lines. The first, if the war is instigated by them, will be prepared to weather the storms. The second, if they survive, will no longer lack the requisite souls for their great scheme. The third, by virtue of their comparatively decentralized population, will endure better and be better equipped to scavenge after the war on torpid survivors of other clans.

Now, who's ready to make a game where nuclear disarmament is a crucial plinth for most elders jyhad plans and a core component of the Camarilla's kine agenda?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Kurieg you are absolutely friggin' killing it in this thread with those logos. A true hero to us all.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I had to really read the pledge levels to figure them out.
I've read through it three times and I still can't figure it out. Does the "At-Cost PoD" mean that pledging the Hardcover tiers has a shipping cost but doesn't get you a physical book until you pay DriveThru RPG + another shipping cost? Or do you get a book sent to you, plus the ability to buy more books?

Why did they have to make this so complicated it requires tagged Tiers and is still obtuse, what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

AmiYumi posted:

I've read through it three times and I still can't figure it out. Does the "At-Cost PoD" mean that pledging the Hardcover tiers has a shipping cost but doesn't get you a physical book until you pay DriveThru RPG + another shipping cost? Or do you get a book sent to you, plus the ability to buy more books?

They've done the at-cost PoD in previous Kickstarters, apparently because there is demand for it and they get requests, so somebody's interested in the at-cost PoD even if I don't perfectly follow why. If the tier you're looking at contains both a Core Book Hardcover and an At-Cost PoD, what that's saying is you're going to receive a traditionally printed hardcover using the Kickstarter shipping cost, and also you're given a coupon that shaves OPP's cut off the price of buying a print-on-demand hard copy from DrivethruRPG. I've gotten the hardcover tier before on other Kickstarters and just ignored the coupon and didn't bother with a PoD. The traditionally printed hardcover typically is of slightly higher quality than the PoD book, thicker pages, the cover might be silvered or textured or something, etc.

The only strong ideas I have as to why you'd want the coupon are that a) the traditional printing arrangements are slower to make than uploading a PDF to Drivethru, so often there's a period where the PoD hard copy has been made available but the nice traditional-print hardcovers have not yet been shipped, and some people get impatient and have money to spare, and b) especially with the expensive deluxe editions in other Kickstarters besides this one, some people want a fancy collector's edition to keep intact on their shelf and a PoD hard copy they feel more comfortable wearing out, flipping through and using.