Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh god I just now saw "Chapstickaquiddick" and want to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

But...But...the future is female!

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 1, 2018

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Long comic: Mike Dawson on Colin Kaepernick, the NFL, and quarterbacks.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I'm getting whiplash. Does he do one for each side then market them separately or something?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Cultural note: the phrase on the tree poster ("Kräftans vänkrets") literally means "The crawfish's circle of friends". It is a pun on the term "Kräftans vändkrets", literally "the turning circle of the crawfish", better known as the Tropic of Cancer. Supposedly, having parties where people sit at tables under the open sky in the evening and eat boiled crawfish is considered a Typically Swedish Summer Activity.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Kopijeger posted:

Cultural note: the phrase on the tree poster ("Kräftans vänkrets") literally means "The crawfish's circle of friends". It is a pun on the term "Kräftans vändkrets", literally "the turning circle of the crawfish", better known as the Tropic of Cancer. Supposedly, having parties where people sit at tables under the open sky in the evening and eat boiled crawfish is considered a Typically Swedish Summer Activity.

this is completely insane but I have no reason not to believe every word of it

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Isn't it more like an autumn activity?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
She claimed he was a much better speaker than Trump. Kennedy could be a stuttering, drooling drunk and she’d still say that.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Polygynous posted:

this is completely insane but I have no reason not to believe every word of it

Any cultural practice could sound insane to those who are unfamiliar with them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayfish_party

His Divine Shadow posted:

Having checked: August seems like late summer rather than autumn. Then again, I have no personal experience of this exotic foreign custom.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 1, 2018

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Kopijeger posted:

Any cultural practice could sound insane to those who are unfamiliar with them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayfish_party

oh, totally :v:

at least it's not goddamn zwarte piet or something

e: also I was kind of disbelieving the "crawfish" part until it occurred to me what the "cancer" in "tropic of cancer" refers to :doh:

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 1, 2018

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

His Divine Shadow posted:

Who wades into icy mountain streams to catch crayfish in Autumn?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

there wolf posted:

Who wades into icy mountain streams to catch crayfish in Autumn?

I think people just buy them at the store. Anyway wiki says in it traditionally starts in august, so by nordic standards that's autumn.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ok, first, Chapstiquiddick would have been better. Second, what the gently caress are those crying faces hahahahaha

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Pander posted:

I'm getting whiplash. Does he do one for each side then market them separately or something?

Yes. It's a pretty common practice, Cagle tries to just do neutral ones that are political "a thing happened" toons.
Where is this from?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 1, 2018

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also, why do they think the FISA memo will ever appear.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Where is this from?

From the artist who makes Zelda.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Look at how he says "we." How unnarcissistic!

*Shows him clapping for himself*

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Polygynous posted:

like hell I'm going to dig into it but I suspect Garrison never called Obama a narcissist before that became a thing with Trump

or maybe that was just another right wing delusion about Obama all along that I've tried to forget. eh.
Nah, that was a thing. They couldn't say "uppity", so instead they talked about how arrogant he was for acting like he was the President or something.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Also, why do they think the FISA memo will ever appear.

The FISA memo is getting released. Perhaps tomorrow, but it's coming out soon. The only way it doesn't is if Trump personally blocks it (he won't.)

whether the memo is actually relevant to anything is another story, But even if it isn't, The right wingers will proclaim that it clears Trump of any wrongdoing and Mueller should be fired tomorrow.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

Nah, that was a thing. They couldn't say "uppity", so instead they talked about how arrogant he was for acting like he was the President or something.

As well as passing around that one image of him looking slightly up with his eyes closed, THE ARROGANCE!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

Ok, first, Chapstiquiddick would have been better. Second, what the gently caress are those crying faces hahahahaha
The funniest part to me is the shoehorned """joke""" about using the crutches to stand up.

Calling out Pelosi twice is clearly "not mad" territory for Garrison.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shadowed Bacon posted:

As well as passing around that one image of him looking slightly up with his eyes closed, THE ARROGANCE!

That was extra funny because he was definitely just blinking or something but it instantly became the only image of him Ramirez or Muir ever used

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Shadowed Bacon posted:

oh yeah, that fuckin thing

he thinks he's better than you, not like trump, hero of the common man :jerkbag:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes. It's a pretty common practice, Cagle tries to just do neutral ones that are political "a thing happened" toons.

Really? Those two are overtly partisan. I can believe that some will do a partisan one that matches their own ideology plus a nonpartisan one for "news happens", but I can't imagine a Branco or Lester not being a complete loving shitbag with every loving ugly line they draw.

Can you point out any examples of dudes that do that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't put together who does this til I saw that Marcotte nonsense.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

loving :lol: at anyone literally crying at a state of the union speech not just a Trump supporter. Also Garrison totally jerked off to Trump’s face on his TV. Man is thirsty as all hell for daddy Trump

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TheBigAristotle posted:

Chappaquidstick.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Someone add a Kelly / crying Liberty

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh my God that crayfish dress is adorable :3: isn't that the same girl who ends up shaving her head? The one who's an artist and the sister of the guy Zelda has a crush on? I can never remember her name, but I'm pretty sure she's my favorite character.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I can never remember her name, but I'm pretty sure she's my favorite character.

Her name is Nova Novak.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Pander posted:

Really? Those two are overtly partisan. I can believe that some will do a partisan one that matches their own ideology plus a nonpartisan one for "news happens", but I can't imagine a Branco or Lester not being a complete loving shitbag with every loving ugly line they draw.

Can you point out any examples of dudes that do that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't put together who does this til I saw that Marcotte nonsense.

Marlette, he's Doug Marlette's, uh, nephew I think. Cagle's the other big name that does it, though he tries to keep his political message ambiguous.

In trying to search I saw Cagle's site is now begging visitors to pay a recurring subscription to support them. That's not a good sign. :smith:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Tove(?)'s sweater changes pattern between frames 1 and 3. This is actually a fun game to play, thanks for the suggestion, thread!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

mercenarynuker posted:

Tove(?)'s sweater changes pattern between frames 1 and 3. This is actually a fun game to play, thanks for the suggestion, thread!

now we just have to start interpreting the inconsistencies as secret messages :tinfoil:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

.Edward Penischin posted:

Look at how he says "we." How unnarcissistic!

*Shows him clapping for himself*

Which is pretty funny, as it was likely Trump reacting to "Break For Applause" on the teleprompter, plus the extra loud clapping into the mic really seasoned it with that amateur-hour Trumpian touch.

Apparently, Lisa has never watched a SOTU address before.

Apparently, Varvel has never watched a SOTU address before.

Apparently, Payne has never watched a SOTU address before.

Gonna need a big fuckin' eraser to clean up Trump's mess. AGC

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Toles elephant best elephant.

Zyglis elephant terrifying elephant.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Devin Nunes, the Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee has prepared a four page memo. The memo is a summary of thousands of pages of information the FBI refused to turn over to the committee until it was threatened with contempt of Congress. The committee is responsible for oversight of the FBI.

Nunes says the public has a right know about the information in the memo. But the FBI is fighting its release.

The summary is said to reveal the quality of evidence the Justice Department presented to a FISA court. The FISA court has the power to authorize spying on Americans, including members of the Trump 2016 presidential campaign.

Adam Schiff is the ranking Democrat on the committee. He says Nunes is trying to distract from Special Counsel Mueller’s Russian collusion investigation by releasing classified information. And he now claims Nunes altered information in the memo.

Trey Gowdy says the memo will be an embarrassment to Schiff.

Until now Schiff has shown little interest in obtaining information about FBI efforts to spy on Americans. Except when it suites his purposes.

Then he leaked the information.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

This is dumb as hell and I love it.

vv why not both

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 1, 2018

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Polygynous posted:

This is dumb accurate as hell and I love it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Retromancer posted:

The FISA memo is getting released. Perhaps tomorrow, but it's coming out soon. The only way it doesn't is if Trump personally blocks it (he won't.)

whether the memo is actually relevant to anything is another story, But even if it isn't, The right wingers will proclaim that it clears Trump of any wrongdoing and Mueller should be fired tomorrow.

My understanding is that the big "smoking gun" is that the FBI requested surveillance on Carter Page based on evidence that was present in the dossier that British Agent put together, and part of the funding for that dossier came from the Clinton Campaign? Although apparently the evidence that was used was all independently confirmed by US Intelligence before the surveillance request was made?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pakled posted:

Ted Kennedy died nine years ago and they're still throwing around Chappaquiddick.

I think we will be hearing about it until slightly after the heat death of the universe, but it will still die before "BENGHAZI!!!!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Reasons Trump is good:
1. he takes credit for coasting off the results of Obama's policies
2. STOCKS RISING, ECONOMY HUMMING
3. a thing happened in a foreign country with literally no input from Trump
4. SPORTS
5. MOVIES
6. The continuation of a decades long trend.

Why won't Dems clap?!?