Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

zcrow posted:

ah well gently caress. guess i'll have to go someplace else.

They're quite easy to avoid, so I wouldn't let that stop your flight from Blighty.

I'm assuming that you already have dickie-bow avoidance autonomics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My favorite part is how all the devs are absolutely still and silent, as if by simply moving they might attract the attention of some kind of unspeakably evil saleswoman predator.

They definitely don't look at all guilty, nope.

hopefully just a taste of what the trial will provide.

(most likely not. The MtD will get dismissed and they'll settle)

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Toops posted:

Totally. It's a huge risk to do that much up-front design, because it could wind up being a tangled goat-gently caress. Or, it could all come together smooth and easy, and just not be fun. No matter how you do it, the project has to be run by very experienced people with clear vision, preternatural understanding of the market trends, and a history of being right.

Chris Roberts has none of these.

I will lord this over all the past believers forever: I had never, ever heard of Chris Roberts when SC buzz popped up in 2012. I'd never played any of his stupid games, and when I saw this picture:

I said this, out loud, to myself: "Who the gently caress is this stupid oval office? Some cult of personality bullshit goin on around here."

While that may be weird, I fuckin called it first. I love you all, but real talk, I can't loving BELIEVE any of you fell for this horse poo poo, at any point. It was a trainwreck from the word "pledge."

lol Toops. Dang spitting fire today.

I know some in here funded. I didn't as it doesn't interest me to begin with but I never even knew the kickstarter was a thing until years later and it was starting to turn into a big story. I knew of it because I play Eve Online a lot and some of the Eve news sites were starting to cover it. Now I'm here to see an un-American project fail because it deserves to. It goes against everything I thought I knew about economics and capitalism. So it needs to die.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Potato Salad posted:

Does cardboard count as vr? Cos I've messed around with some 3d sphere pics and it's kinda cool for a bit, if lacking in fidelitu

Cardboard counts as VR the same way SC counts as a game, hth

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Preen Dog posted:

Lol, how long has that bug been around? Just like all the rest of them.

Not a surprise though. Imagine if the PU was playable. Even just 1% of CiG's customer base would bankrupt them with server costs.

~1GB per hour * 20,000 players. 400 servers.

Guys, Chris is actually a genius. His staff want to make a game but he knows better than that.

tbh I was just impressed they've got flappy bird arms emote in

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Quick, someone post the comic where the containment suit gets torn and the guy starts making Ben Lesnick noises.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

In Monster Hunter World you can catch creatures with a wrist mounted netgun and let them loose in your house. I have a pink rabbit weasel and a bunch of goofy birds in my room.

Also everyone should buy MHW.

Holding out for PC release, but yes.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMQH25mEMw&t=1680s

PARPMAN :gary:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

all dogs are good

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Will star citizen have pet dogs in it?

This is important for my immersion.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Renegret posted:

Will star citizen have pet dogs in it?

This is important for my immersion.

You will be able to make your slaves wear fur and pet them.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

What are the chances he understands what the gently caress he is looking at?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

spacetoaster posted:

Quick, someone post the comic where the containment suit gets torn and the guy starts making Ben Lesnick noises.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

What I've always wondered is what the hell is on his left monitor and why is it there. For what reason would Chris have a model open in a posing/animation program on one monitor and code on another? Did he just kick some random employee out of their chair for the photo-op? Pull up some random source code and start typing and deleting segments, since none of it works anyway?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sickening posted:

0%. What really gets up my rear end about this image is how, after deleting what appears to be an argument, or a short comment, he immediately lets go of the keyboard, checks out the camera, and repositions himself in his chair. Because that's the world of coding - every time you type a character or two, you have to take a rest and get the blood moving again.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Sickening posted:

his reflection, the wig or the water? of the 3 maybe the wig but I bet he gets other to glue it on for him.

edit but I bet he has to get a bike and paint it blue.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Pilz posted:

What I've always wondered is what the hell is on his left monitor and why is it there. For what reason would Chris have a model open in a posing/animation program on one monitor and code on another? Did he just kick some random employee out of their chair for the photo-op? Pull up some random source code and start typing and deleting segments, since none of it works anyway?

"Hey intern. open a bunch of poo poo that looks good and let chris sit here."

Also they can just revert from repo.

Scruffpuff posted:

0%. What really gets up my rear end about this image is how, after deleting what appears to be an argument, or a short comment, he immediately lets go of the keyboard, checks out the camera, and repositions himself in his chair. Because that's the world of coding - every time you type a character or two, you have to take a rest and get the blood moving again.

Yeah, it's obvious he's looking over like "Was that codey enough?"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Scruffpuff posted:

What are you talking about, the "oh, didn't see you standing there" bit is the best part

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Chalks posted:

Hey moma, how are the crypto currencies treating you on this fine day?

I bought in super early and am weathering everything just fine (traded out BTC for an LTC/Ether split). I appreciate the faux concern though - almost makes me feel special.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

ManofManyAliases posted:

I bought in super early and am weathering everything just fine (traded out BTC for an LTC/Ether split). I appreciate the faux concern though - almost makes me feel special.

SoftNum posted:

Don't you know? Everyone who has ever bought bitcoin bought at $100 and nobody every bought or sold above that so he's still up.

I want my "called it" points now.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

You buy into star citizen for thousands. You buy into bitcoins. You spend 10$ just to talk about star citizens to people who make fun of it. You are bad with money.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SoftNum posted:

I want my "called it" points now.

They're in the mail. Two weeks.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sickening posted:

You buy into star citizen for thousands. You buy into bitcoins. You spend 10$ just to talk about star citizens to people who make fun of it. You are bad with money.

LOL you loving pansies are so scared of risk. I had money when I bought into SC. I have money now. Little dip in crypto is not affecting me - trust me.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

No anime please.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL you loving pansies aren't reckless and stupid enough to waste your money. I had money when I bought into SC. I have money now. Little dip in crypto is not affecting me - trust me.

Not buying into scams is something to be admired.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL you loving pansies are so scared of risk. I had money when I bought into SC. I have money now. Little dip in crypto is not affecting me - trust me.

Giving Chris Roberts money isn't risk. Jumping out of an airplane is risk. Wrestling a crocodile is risk. Giving Chris Roberts money is mental illness.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

did you write any TOS for buttcoins? just wondering myself.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Imagine being Toast who is MoMA

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sickening posted:

Not buying into scams is something to be admired.

LOL ignorance is bliss, eh?

Probably don't have a facebook account, still use cash instead of a points-reward credit card and have a healthy coin collection because "they'll be worth something someday," right?

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Bumbler posted:

I like the idea that Star Citizen is being designed from the ground up for VR, despite the fact that the devs cannot actually go into VR to test it out. I really hope they do activate VR at some point just to see the clusterfuck.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Today I learned that being tricked by a transparent hack and fraud is a sign of bravery.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Bumbler posted:

I like the idea that Star Citizen is being designed from the ground up for VR, despite the fact that the devs cannot actually go into VR to test it out. I really hope they do activate VR at some point just to see the clusterfuck.

I want to see citizens puking after every 10 fps immersion animation, then insisting it's the greatest thing they've ever experienced in VR

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

I want to see citizens puking after every 10 fps immersion animation, then insisting it's the greatest thing they've ever experienced in VR

They'll be immersed in their own vomit.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Lladre posted:

Someone bought a CS:GO skin for 61 thousand dollars....

CiG, step up your gameDemo!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/30/16952248/counter-strike-global-offensive-dragon-lore-skadoodle-skin-sale-opskins

gently caress me. Video games were a mistake.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL ignorance is bliss, eh?

Probably don't have a facebook account, still use cash instead of a points-reward credit card and have a healthy coin collection because "they'll be worth something someday," right?

You can do better than this. I get you are a little embarrassed but this burn attempt was weak as gently caress.

There are apparently 3 trends in major sc backers. Impulse buying of bitcoins, digital spaceships, and pedophilia. The heartbreaking, sickening truth.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 1, 2018

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Bravely bold Sir Moma
Rode forth from basement dark.
He was not afraid to pledge,
Oh brave Sir Moma.
He was not at all afraid
To be robbed by phony devs.
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Moma.

He was not in the least bit scared
To be ripped off by a thief.
Or to have his cash burned up,
And his wallet emptied.
To have his pledges spent
And his money pissed away,
By a fat austistic manchild
Brave Sir Moma.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Moma always comes off as soo insanely insecure while trying to heap sick burns onto goons and defend his lifestyle of giving money to most of the biggest scams in circulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sickening posted:

You can do better than this. I get you are a little embarrassed but this burn attempt was weak as gently caress.

There are apparently 3 trends in major sc backers. Impulse buying of bitcoins, digital spaceships, and pedophilia. The heartbreaking, sickening truth.

What exactly are you saying?