Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
When a kickstarted belt is the least of your stupid financial decisions :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Bayonnefrog posted:

I know some in here funded. I didn't as it doesn't interest me to begin with but I never even knew the kickstarter was a thing until years later and it was starting to turn into a big story.

Same here, except I did see the kickstarter when it was happening. My sense of nostalgia was tickled by the idea of Wing Commander Again (because I was a kid when the first two games came out, and like all kids I had lovely taste but a boundless ability to be entertained by things, and my ancient, bitter heart is endlessly longing to recapture that feeling), so I looked over the pitch, and that's when I noped right the gently caress out.

Two things turned me off immediately with Star Citizen's kickstarter. The first was the way the pitch emphasized the online multiplayer features; besides not being something I care about, it's the kind of thing that can only be done with a lot of effort and talent and time, and even if it can be done, it's hard to do it well. And for a loving reboot of a nostalgically dumb shoot-alien-cats-in-space game, it didn't even make any goddamn sense to do it in the first place. It was a big warning sign that told me the part they would have to focus most of their attention on was not the part I would find fun. The second thing that turned me off was the pricing structure, which seemed to charge way too much for what didn't sound like a very interesting game, and had higher tiers that looked like straight-up ripoffs. By the time they started in with all of the ridiculously implausible stretch goals, I'd already decided to keep my wallet closed. (Online play and base price were also why I didn't back Elite: Dangerous. They talked up online multiplayer enough to drive me away, and a faithful update of Elite's snoretastic space-trucker gameplay was never going to be worth more than $10 to me.)

I think I saw stories after the kickstarter campaign about how much money Star Citizen had collected, but I didn't think much about it; it wasn't until sometime around the whole Star Marine debacle started being discussed that I started reading this thread and marveling at the slow-motion trainwreck.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ManofManyAliases posted:

What exactly are you saying?

I am saying that you SC backers have a serious trend with dangerous mental illness.

When was the last time you talked with a mental health physician?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sickening posted:

I am saying that you SC backers have a serious trend with dangerous mental illness.

When was the last time you talked with a mental health physician?

I'm the dead gay comedy forum member who's calling other people retards.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You okay MoMA? You're more shill and less chill today

And these are some really weak burns.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm the dead gay comedy forum member who's calling other people retards.

I didn't call you a retard, I questioned your mental health considering your bad life choices. I don't believe you understand the difference between a mental disability and mental illness.

A lack of impulse control can be quite dangerous. Seek help commando.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Finally ground enough federation ranking for a Corvette.

A BFG needs a loud name.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Drunk Theory posted:

You okay MoMA? You're more shill and less chill today

And these are some really weak burns.

Bitcoin lost 44% of it's value in January. His favorite game is falling apart.

How would you feel, if you were MOMA?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jonny Nox posted:

Smug

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Beexoffel posted:

Finally ground enough federation ranking for a Corvette.

A BFG needs a loud name.

lol, I have a Viper Mk II called "Breach of Contract".

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Jonny Nox posted:

Gee whiz it's just a game fellas, hyuk hyuk

Just rollin' with the punches y'know

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Jonny Nox posted:

Um. Like my pants are well supported?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jonny Nox posted:

I would feel grief.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Mr Fronts posted:

lol, I have a Viper Mk II called "Breach of Contract".

A Good Name for a ship used by the Long Arm of the Law.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

darkarchon posted:

hello

edit: page snype, have some stars

ps: star citizen is bad

Beautiful.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Sings.......

MoMAaaaaaaaa just shilled a scam

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Hey moma, don't bite so easily. I'm sure you can still get some money for your ships, just be aware of paypal claw-back time periods if you go that way.

Avoiding the subject of the current game play offered by CIG as we usually do, what do you think is going to happen on the 9th of Feb?

If CIG don't somehow manage to delay things, I really don't think Citizens are going to be happy with the ruling on the motion to dismiss.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
is it the 9th or the 2nd? i was thinking it was tomorrow :saddowns:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Star Citizen didn't enter full production until the year it was scheduled to be released.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thank you!!!

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

darkarchon posted:

hello

edit: page snype, have some stars

ps: star citizen is bad

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Pilz posted:

What I've always wondered is what the hell is on his left monitor and why is it there. For what reason would Chris have a model open in a posing/animation program on one monitor and code on another? Did he just kick some random employee out of their chair for the photo-op? Pull up some random source code and start typing and deleting segments, since none of it works anyway?

Just trying to look fancy for the camera.

Sometimes at my job I'm tasked with fancying up the office for visits from high ranking executives from other companies, the press, whatever. I have to put up fancy looking graphs, charts, and maps that cover up the actual useful poo poo I use day to day, and my job because 100x more difficult for a day because we have to look good for the onlookers. It loving sucks.

They even made me do it when a bunch of kids toured us for take your child to work day. I was so pissed.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Omniblivion posted:

is it the 9th or the 2nd? i was thinking it was tomorrow :saddowns:

The 9th

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

All I can say is this is a dumbass. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Duckaerobics posted:

Lol Titanic you are a monster.

I have think I’ve determined that I actually know so loving much junk about Star Citizen that I think I can help people turn their dreams up to 11. This is helping people because I like to help people. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

Hey Everyone, did you guys know that apperantly there was a ice burg that looked just like Hello Kitty way back when, and this ship just so had to go take a closer look .... :doh:

That burg had to pay a metric ton of licensing fees too. :(

They should have done a better job and just made “Space Kitten” and had some no talent artist draw a “close approximation” to Hello Kitty and roll with it. Totally avoid all those dumb fees and copyrights and boring stuff that gets in the way of ideas!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Looks like your cover's blown:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Spatial posted:

The name of this monstrous absurdity is Something Awful.

I hope you didn’t actually write all that and just cut and pasted random stuff end to end because I think I died around the third or fourth sentence. :chloe:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

“Dear friends, the developer who spoke to you spoke in honesty after working here and being involved with our internal discussions about what will and will not be in the game. This honesty has been loving vanquished and I’d like to let you know that lies will commence again immediately. Yes, all of your dreams will absolutely come true. All of them. Everything Chris ever uttered is being worked on right now 24/7 by skilled professionals. Please ignore the idiot developers who dare to try to be honest with you because trust me, with all your trust, that everything you want is coming. Without a doubt.”

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

AP posted:

Avoiding the subject of the current game play offered by CIG as we usually do, what do you think is going to happen on the 9th of Feb?

If CIG don't somehow manage to delay things, I really don't think Citizens are going to be happy with the ruling on the motion to dismiss.

Well, is there anything that can make Citizens happy? Even a dismissal of Crytek's case would still leave Citizens exactly where they are right now: trying to fill a constantly-growing hole by frantically shoveling money into it. The game itself will still be no fun, glitchy, and nowhere near release. Their elaborate dreams for the game will still need to be constantly and energetically defended from all the information that would make them think they're just suckers who threw their money into a burning trashcan.

If (more likely when) CIG's motion to dismiss is denied, it'll be like all the other bad news Citizens get: they'll get over it quickly, and get right back to claiming everything's going to be great -- you'll see -- you'll ALL see -- everything. is. going. to. be. great.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

big nipples big life posted:

In Monster Hunter World you can catch creatures with a wrist mounted netgun and let them loose in your house. I have a pink rabbit weasel and a bunch of goofy birds in my room.

Also everyone should buy MHW.

I have no doubt this feature will also be in Star Citizen, with the added bonus that you can also science the animals. Lots of science.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The Titanic posted:

“Dear friends, the developer who spoke to you spoke in honesty after working here and being involved with our internal discussions about what will and will not be in the game. This honesty has been loving vanquished and I’d like to let you know that lies will commence again immediately. Yes, all of your dreams will absolutely come true. All of them. Everything Chris ever uttered is being worked on right now 24/7 by skilled professionals. Please ignore the idiot developers who dare to try to be honest with you because trust me, with all your trust, that everything you want is coming. Without a doubt.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMbIaOCoOo

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Somebody find that link where Chris Roberts said only maybe Rockstar could maybe almost do as good as he can at developing a game.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Rockstar lost the narrative with their excessive cursing in San Andreas.
I had baby nieces over constantly when that game came out and I didn't have headphones for the console. Couldn't play that game properly for a long rear end time.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL ignorance is bliss, eh?

Probably don't have a facebook account, still use cash instead of a points-reward credit card and have a healthy coin collection because "they'll be worth something someday," right?

Hate to break it to you but Facebook stopped being the "in thing" 10 years ago, now it's just populated by proles, their mums and Russian secret service agents pretending to be proles and their mums.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL ignorance is bliss, eh?

Probably don't have a facebook account, still use cash instead of a points-reward credit card and have a healthy coin collection because "they'll be worth something someday," right?

Holy loving poo poo what a burn.

Oh wait, you're a loving idiot. Also good job using FB soccer mom

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

Looks like your cover's blown:

You've finally made it lol.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mu77ley posted:

Hate to break it to you but Facebook stopped being the "in thing" 10 years ago, now it's just populated by proles, their mums and Russian secret service agents pretending to be proles and their mums.

Are you trying to tell us to unfriend Chris Roberts?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

VealCutlet posted:

Holy loving poo poo what a burn.

Oh wait, you're a loving idiot. Also good job using FB soccer mom

Hey ease up - he gets great loving discounts on belts and ascots from his FB groups. It’s not his fault you’re an old who can’t get with this new poo poo man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Hey man you said it not me....