Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
if you're bill murray you should probably walk off a cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Putty posted:

if you're bill murray you should probably walk off a cliff

It won't work

Robot Made of Meat

My parents met on Groundhog Day. Without hogs of ground, I wouldn't exist.

Make of that what you will.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

City of Glompton

Hugh Malone posted:

Cool part about todays are they can't even happen again :glomp:

thank you bb I needed that

Hugh Malone posted:

Oh but tomorrow is groundhog day so if you're Bill Murray be careful

whoa i had a close one didn't I :wth:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Today I fried baby corn in a chickpea flour batter, which made me think if I fried it in a corn batter like corndogs then it would be corncorn.
I told my wife this and she said it wouldn't be able to hear my jokes though.
I said "why, not corny enough?"
She said "no because it has tiny ears."

Robot Made of Meat

roomforthetuna posted:

Today I fried baby corn in a chickpea flour batter, which made me think if I fried it in a corn batter like corndogs then it would be corncorn.

Keep this wife of yours.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

roomforthetuna posted:

THRAD TITLE

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
RAD TITLE

City of Glompton

lol

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Twenty Four

Who broke this dog?

Twenty Four

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Was anyone else like "oh no, what do I do when SA is down" just now?

Yes, because whenever any online thing goes down, that seems to be when I desire it ten times more then usual. A game is down for an update? I want to play it now so much. SA goes down? Heck no I don't want to go play that game instead, I want to read the forums! The internet is out? No I don't want to watch a movie or read a book right now!

Also I had one of those terrifying "what if SA didn't come back" moments. I'm not sure what I would do without you all!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Twenty Four posted:

Yes, because whenever any online thing goes down, that seems to be when I desire it ten times more then usual. A game is down for an update? I want to play it now so much. SA goes down? Heck no I don't want to go play that game instead, I want to read the forums! The internet is out? No I don't want to watch a movie or read a book right now!

Also I had one of those terrifying "what if SA didn't come back" moments. I'm not sure what I would do without you all!

Dude... I'm you right now.

TOOT BOOT

Twenty Four posted:

I have the exact same problem, I can go 8 hours without checking the forums but I feel irritated as heck if they're down when I do want to read

Jaded Burnout

Good morning my lovelies. Tell me a thing about your pets.

funmanguy

What time is it?

eonwe posted:

yall im really getting my poo poo together and picking up all the pieces of my life

owns owns owns

:same:

wearing a lampshade

Jaded Burnout posted:

He loves getting pets on his head but loving hates getting his butt, legs, stomach touched. If he's sleeping on the couch with me while I watch something and move my leg, feet, etc even slightly close to any of these places he will wake up yelping, scurry across the room, glower at me, then flump himself on the floor with a huge melodramatic sigh.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Jaded Burnout posted:

My cat knocked my (cheapo) bong over and broke it yesterday. I forgive him. Today I will watch Groundhog Day (just once) and hope Spring hurrys up and gets here when I don't see my shadow. Thank you!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Jaded Burnout posted:

alnilam posted:

Say hi to Lyra

Lyra is 13 years old, I raised her from a pup and was her bff before i went off to college, and now she still lives a very happy life with my parents who love her lots, but she always flips hershit when i come to visit :3:

I also named herafter th golden compass character :goonsay:

she is very quirky and funny and weird and i love her, she is getting to be very much an Old Dog who when she sees you she wags her tail and slowly creakily gets up to come see you,and she has cataracts that you can see so she must not see very well, but my parents say shes extra energetic when i visit :3:

that is all, hi lyra <:love:

ty manifisto

alnilam

i grew up in pa dutch country and let me tell you groundhog day is actually a real deal here, i've met so many out of staters who think it's just a local curiosity nobody had heard of until the movie, no siree it is a Big Deal and we learn about it in school and everything :bahgawd:

ty manifisto

alnilam

more groundhog day FACTS

it's based on an old german superstition that on 2/2 - which is the dead-middle of astronomical winter - bad weather portents better weather to come (yay), and fair weather (sun) portents a longer winter (boo)
you can see how that translates to whether or not a groundhog casts a shadow, but the groundhog came into the picture in the 19th century from some extremely PA dutch people who hunted groundhogs every year on that day, since they were german* they carried the 2/2 sunny/cloudy superstition and i guess a joke weas made about whether the groundhog had a shadow or not and some newspaper guy popularized it

*oh i should mention "pa dutch" is a misnomer it's pa german, they talk a very funny dialect of german (similar to what is spoken along the northern coast of germany) and americans misheard them saying "deutsch" as "dutch" and i guess the rest is history

another FACT: most scientists believe that Phil is most likely not the original Phil, as a typical groundhog has a lifespan of appx 5-6 yeras

ty manifisto

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

alnilam posted:

more groundhog day FACTS

it's based on an old german superstition that on 2/2 - which is the dead-middle of astronomical winter - bad weather portents better weather to come (yay), and fair weather (sun) portents a longer winter (boo)
you can see how that translates to whether or not a groundhog casts a shadow, but the groundhog came into the picture in the 19th century from some extremely PA dutch people who hunted groundhogs every year on that day, since they were german* they carried the 2/2 sunny/cloudy superstition and i guess a joke weas made about whether the groundhog had a shadow or not and some newspaper guy popularized it

*oh i should mention "pa dutch" is a misnomer it's pa german, they talk a very funny dialect of german (similar to what is spoken along the northern coast of germany) and americans misheard them saying "deutsch" as "dutch" and i guess the rest is history

another FACT: most scientists believe that Phil is most likely not the original Phil, as a typical groundhog has a lifespan of appx 5-6 yeras

fantastic

thank you for the facts of the day

Beet Wagon

Jaded Burnout posted:

Kayak really likes having a job to do, and that extends to even just wearing his little hound backpack. He doesn't really play with other dogs so taking him to the dog park is a bit of a waste, but if you let him wear his backpack to Lowes and carry things around he'll be happy all day.

Biscuit... well, Biscuit has a lot of energy.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I loving love your dog

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I will travel across the deepest reaches of this forum, from games, to BYOB to tell you about how much I loving love your dog.

Except D&D. I won't go there.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Ned? Ned Ryerson?!

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jaded Burnout

albany academy posted:

He loves getting pets on his head but loving hates getting his butt, legs, stomach touched. If he's sleeping on the couch with me while I watch something and move my leg, feet, etc even slightly close to any of these places he will wake up yelping, scurry across the room, glower at me, then flump himself on the floor with a huge melodramatic sigh.

Is this a cat or a dog? I heard a thing about cats and belly exposure being a trust thing but I don't know if it's true.

Your dog is extremely good and I'm glad she's still got some beans in those old days.

alnilam posted:

That's interesting!

alnilam posted:

I guess if you push hard enough they're all Dutch, what with Germany being assembled from a bundle of tribes which split their languages into three; English, Dutch (Low[lands] German), and German (High[lands] German). Or thereabouts anyway.

You probably know more about the migration to PA than I do but my understanding is that "a very funny dialect of german spoken on the northern coast" is literally the history of Dutch.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Renegret posted:

fantastic

thank you for the facts of the day

Renegret posted:

I loving love your dog

Renegret posted:

I will travel across the deepest reaches of this forum, from games, to BYOB to tell you about how much I loving love your dog.

Jolo posted:

Ned? Ned Ryerson?!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Beet Wagon posted:

Kayak really likes having a job to do, and that extends to even just wearing his little hound backpack. He doesn't really play with other dogs so taking him to the dog park is a bit of a waste, but if you let him wear his backpack to Lowes and carry things around he'll be happy all day.

good dog and cat!!!!

ty manifisto

Beet Wagon

Renegret posted:

:love: it's okay friend you don't have to go to D&D, I will bring you the freshest Kayak updates in better places, like BYOB

alnilam

Jaded Burnout posted:

I guess if you push hard enough they're all Dutch, what with Germany being assembled from a bundle of tribes which split their languages into three; English, Dutch (Low[lands] German), and German (High[lands] German). Or thereabouts anyway.

You probably know more about the migration to PA than I do but my understanding is that "a very funny dialect of german spoken on the northern coast" is literally the history of Dutch.

yeah it is very closely related to dutch, but it's still a little closer to german than it is to modern dutch, to my ears at least, but i could be wron gi'm only an extremely amateur linguist

ty manifisto

Robot Made of Meat

Jaded Burnout posted:

Cosmo as often as not sleep on his back, and he loves scritches. He also barks too much, but there doesn't seem to be much I can do to stop him.

Twenty Four

Beet Wagon posted:

Kayak putting up with so much of Biscuit's BS, lol! The lazy yawn at the end does it for me! Good dog!

City of Glompton

good posts to start out a good morning :) some really good pets itt

wearing a lampshade

Jaded Burnout posted:

Is this a cat or a dog? I heard a thing about cats and belly exposure being a trust thing but I don't know if it's true.

It's a husky / blue heeler cross!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

albany academy posted:

It's a husky / blue heeler cross!

I'm so sorry

Beet Wagon

Twenty Four posted:

Kayak putting up with so much of Biscuit's BS, lol! The lazy yawn at the end does it for me! Good dog!

He's an extremely good boy with what appear to be endless reserves of patience regarding his kitty. Which is good, because Biscuit is not fond of leaving him alone.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Important question: does Kayak like the water?

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Cosmo as often as not sleep on his back, and he loves scritches. He also barks too much, but there doesn't seem to be much I can do to stop him.

One of my dogs is named Cosmo too! :regd09::hf::smugdog:

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Beet Wagon

TVsVeryOwn posted:

He is quite fond of it, yes. Especially when he has his clownfish life jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

TVsVeryOwn posted:

From posted videos, Kayak would give zero shits about the water, carrying Biscuit over the river on his back, and giving zero shits about the whole ordeal.

Like fables of yore.

This is just guesswork, but good animals!