Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

Looks like your cover's blown:

But I wasn’t even being mean to anybody! :(

Moma, help me with your people. I want to visit Your World, but apparently I’m not good enough. Help me moma! You’re my only hope! :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Brave Sir Moma, a parody by Scruffpuff with musical accompaniment from ewe2

Scruffpuff posted:

Bravely bold Sir Moma
Rode forth from basement dark.
He was not afraid to pledge,
Oh brave Sir Moma.
He was not at all afraid
To be robbed by phony devs.
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Moma.

He was not in the least bit scared
To be ripped off by a thief.
Or to have his cash burned up,
And his wallet emptied.
To have his pledges spent
And his money pissed away,
By a fat austistic manchild
Brave Sir Moma.

(my addition)

His bitcoins drained and his belt cut off
And his jpegs removed and his coffee unplugged
And his bank account raped and his smirk burnt off and his
penis--

Brave Sir Moma types a meme!
Bravely pastes some manly memes!

When lawyers rear their legal head
He bravely memes his belt to thread

Yes brave Sir Moma takes so hot
About the win that he has not

Bravely with a weak retreat
He memes a bravely burn to bleat
Bravest of the brave, Sir Moma!

Parp

PS expect parps to live on my drive for a while, tindeck isn't getting updated any more.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 2, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
"You probably don't have a Facebook account" is literally the saddest burn I have ever seen from someone who is not Mike Huckabee. Having a goddamn Facebook account in this day and age is hardly a monument of tech know-how.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Moma, help me with your people. I want to visit Your World, but apparently I’m not good enough. Help me moma! You’re my only hope! :(

I think your mistake was in using your name. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool a Star Citizen AND a Redditor, so let’s chalk that up to experience and roll out ‘La Titanique’.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Hav posted:

I think your mistake was in using your name. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool a Star Citizen AND a Redditor, so let’s chalk that up to experience and roll out ‘La Titanique’.

We could even go reverse the universe and go for "la nique--titan".

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

The Titanic posted:

Reddit is not my people, man. That community is truly toxic - and retarded.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
This made me lol

Sadly:

Foo Diddley posted:

(lol at "him")

Hav posted:

Cheese it boys, the fuzz are here.

Run Away, Run Away!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AlbieQuirky posted:

"You probably don't have a Facebook account" is literally the saddest burn I have ever seen from someone who is not Mike Huckabee. Having a goddamn Facebook account in this day and age is hardly a monument of tech know-how.

In an ironic twist, the people who actually know about technology and specifically data science/mining/security are probably the last people who will endorse anybody to get a Facebook account. :shrug:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I understand. You don't choose your family or you kind ; you can't even choose being scammed, it's stronger than you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

thatguy posted:

Every time Derek or MoMA gets one of their posts quoted by six or more people everyone who responded including the OP (Derek/MoMA) should get probated. This should be enacted immediately as it would improve the thread immensely. Thank you for listening to my suggestion.

We actually only quote MoMA's (and other blocked buddies') posts so that Derek is able to read them, as a service to the community. Unfortunately, as nobody really knows the content of the b.buddies list (not even Derek, I bet), the amount of quotes required to insure that they are read is bound to increase exponentially.It's a quite sad, unsolvable conundrum.

But I have no idea why people quote Derek, to be honest, it's much better to just add a link to his blog.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
(off topic) Gods dammit - bloody Netflix is on Murican time... I want to watch Altered Carbon Already. It's one drat good book, (that they've based the TV thingy on) in fact all of the Takeshi Kovacs books are really loving good and I'm stuck waiting for it on GMT. Supose I'll have to go and sleep and catch it tomorrow. :sigh:

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Beexoffel posted:

Finally ground enough federation ranking for a Corvette.

A BFG needs a loud name.

How's the 'vette treating you? Finally saved enough for an Annie, but not enough to buy her all of the toys I want to. Plus I have no idea how combat would work in something that large.
Reading this thread makes me want to go play ED:H every time.
Because I can.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hav posted:

I figured the _ was going to pretty much make it so nobody could figure me out.

But really it could be fun to let reddit people call me out left and right while I’m not doing anything remotely rude.

I guess they want a cookie. And I’ll just let them roll over me because as fun as it is to be the stereotypical goon looking to cause trouble, it’s equally amusing to not do that and at every step people are tripping over themselves to look for some kind of attack or rude behavior.

Also they stalked me here but still got my gender wrong. I feel like they don’t even really pay attention to me but I’ve made it in their little black book of evil. :shrug:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

In an ironic twist, the people who actually know about technology and specifically data science/mining/security are probably the last people who will endorse anybody to get a Facebook account. :shrug:

It's :ironicat: that apparently all the senior Facebook execs wont let their family within a country mile of Facebook 'cos they know what it's all about:tinfoil:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

(off topic) Gods dammit - bloody Netflix is on Murican time... I want to watch Altered Carbon Already. It's one drat good book, (that they've based the TV thingy on) in fact all of the Takeshi Kovacs books are really loving good and I'm stuck waiting for it on GMT. Supose I'll have to go and sleep and catch it tomorrow. :sigh:

I’m going to be watching this as well. :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have a Facebook account that I use to stalk exes I have never posted anything to, ever. It's too complicated! Kids these days!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

It's :ironicat: that apparently all the senior Facebook execs wont let their family within a country mile of Facebook 'cos they know what it's all about:tinfoil:

Just to help it, a lot of government districts whom will remain nameless absolutely forbid their employees of having Facebook. Or really any sort of social media presence at all.

Ironically this requirement actually does cause some people to not go that route. They just can’t part with social media.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Derek is a man of words, but Streetroller is a man of action.

Posting from the hazy past of two days ago, but gently caress yes!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I’m going to be watching this as well. :)

Read the books. They're loving awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/Altered-Carbon-Takeshi-Kovacs-Richard/dp/0345457684/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517543767&sr=8-1&keywords=Richard+Morgan

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Spatial posted:

Well, I was having 350 dollar dinner with Chris that day. I asked him about gravity pipes. When I leaned in to try and make out his gutteral mumbling I was struck in the head by his wildly flailing arms and partially clipped into the table. As I lay unconscious, T-posing and vibrating, the Crobber let rip with an 8 hour diatribe on the nature of development and pledging and decided to :justpost:.

Or I did search-and-replace on good old galtse.txt. It created some amazing quasi-religious SC statements if you skim through it :v: I also learned that you can only fit 1/5th of the speech into a single post!

:lol:

In that case shine on you crazy star. :)

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

XK posted:

I'm such a nerd I type Dvorak on a standard keyboard. It's pretty great whenever anyone tries to jump on my computer.

Have sick Rubiks cube moves ever gotten you laid?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

It's worse than that. FF to 40:15 where he promptly throws his devs under the bus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMQH25mEMw

Ahhh I’m not getting the inflection here. Translate says he is saying they “may get the answer right and they may not cause a forum storm”, but there is a pause.

Is he saying they “they may get it right, and not cause a forum storm”, or “they may get it right or not, causing a forum storm”?

Though regardless, just saying developers actively working on his game just “may” get something right is very sad. :(

Though I still think it a deal of them having to walk back a ton of promises. So it’s little bits here to test the water, and then “oh you didn’t notice when we did this here [unknown and unrelated topic here]?” to try to see if it “sticks” and everybody is ok with it like it’s been understood for a while, and if it fails at any time just walk it all back and return to endless promises.

Unfortunately nobody seems to get it I guess. :(

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is like the r/starcitizen subreddit: We just don't give a poo poo about the game anymore and talk about random unconnected stuff.

We have lost out way.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Incidentally Titanic, did you see my Spergtanic (Titanic) Photoshop? It's from a couple of years back, maybe from before you joined SA.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

thatguy posted:

Every time Derek or MoMA gets one of their posts quoted by six or more people everyone who responded including the OP (Derek/MoMA) should get probated. This should be enacted immediately as it would improve the thread immensely. Thank you for listening to my suggestion.

But moma always gets notes, and he’s become a posting hero in a way. For every post he makes, he’s out to tear up Derek. Meanwhile 70 goons are also trying to tear him up in the in between of momas post and Derek’s inevitable response.

It’s the train wreck that doesn’t take years to watch happen. :)

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

EmesiS posted:

Have sick Rubiks cube moves ever gotten you laid?

I despise that sort of thing. I hate Rubik's cubes, sliding tile puzzles, and similar. Also, I often feel like I'm the only person on Earth who hates Tetris. I played 10 minutes in 1989, and that was enough for my entire life.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Incidentally Titanic, did you see my Spergtanic (Titanic) Photoshop? It's from a couple of years back, maybe from before you joined SA.

I did not. I’ve been lurking SA since like 2002 or something ridiculous like that, too, which makes me feel old and dumb.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I did not. I’ve been lurking SA since like 2002 or something ridiculous like that, too, which makes me feel old and dumb.

Ok, so, about 90% of the words were by Beet (he deserves major credit for it). The rest is my sick and twisted mind at work :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Galarox posted:

I remember that one! It's still one of my favorites.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ManofManyAliases posted:

They are your people. Make your people great again.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Ok, so, about 90% of the words were by Beet (he deserves major credit for it). The rest is my sick and twisted mind at work :)

Ohhh yes! I do remember that. I actually read it too. Top notch work, chum. :)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Vertical slice, refactoring, grim hex.

This all sounds like bullshit buzzwords and a money laundering scam.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Where's Lando "developer" going "Well, I'm less of a developer than you might think!"

Lando has clawed his way to the upper ranks of the “Most Annoying People at CIG” — I find him insufferable to listen to at this point.

I actually was pleased to see an appearance by “Good Sean” on the Livestream earlier this week. “Bad Sean” showed up on that Newegg stream in Q4 to repeat Chris Roberts bullcrap about hundreds of star systems blah blah blah... but Good Sean was actually talking openly about some of their development dysfunction on the livestream which I appreciate hearing confirmed. The talk about Asset Rot evokes Star Marine familiarity, only this time its internal not with a contractor. (Though of course that can’t be possible because Chris said those days were behind them!)

Oh and what a surprise, Lando eventually jumps in to play his valuable role as Normalizer of Organizational Dysfunction because all studios suffer from exactly these same problems. How typical that Chris can count on Lando to boldly proclaim CIG is doing things no other studio ever dared attempt one week because ‘’muh Publishers” and then when he hears Sean being candid about “Asset Rot” and stuff, Lando races to say “this is standard game development.”

Maybe those building AAAA games without design documents, Lando. Maybe those who spend 5 years selling assets before they really started trying to work up the mechanics they pitched from the beginning. You can say it as many times as you want Lando but no, your problems are not just garden variety game studio challenges. No studio funded externally would ever be allowed to screw up as catastrophically as CIG has for 5 years in a row. Chris Roberts would’ve been fired a dozen times by now, Sandi Gardiner would never have been allowed in the door let alone out put in the VP of Marketing slot.

The talent at CIG is stymied and undermined by abject stupidity and hubris that “filters from the top” as they see it. Anyone below them sees it as just more bullshit rolling downhill.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

Lando has clawed his way to the upper ranks of the “Most Annoying People at CIG” — I find him insufferable to listen to at this point.

I actually was pleased to see an appearance by “Good Sean” on the Livestream earlier this week. “Bad Sean” showed up on that Newegg stream in Q4 to repeat Chris Roberts bullcrap about hundreds of star systems blah blah blah... but Good Sean was actually talking openly about some of their development dysfunction on the livestream which I appreciate hearing confirmed. The talk about Asset Rot evokes Star Marine familiarity, only this time its internal not with a contractor. (Though of course that can’t be possible because Chris said those days were behind them!)

Oh and what a surprise, Lando eventually jumps in to play his valuable role as Normalizer of Organizational Dysfunction because all studios suffer from exactly these same problems. How typical that Chris can count on Lando to boldly proclaim CIG is doing things no other studio ever dared attempt one week because ‘’muh Publishers” and then when he hears Sean being candid about “Asset Rot” and stuff, Lando races to say “this is standard game development.”

Maybe those building AAAA games without design documents, Lando. Maybe those who spend 5 years selling assets before they really started trying to work up the mechanics they pitched from the beginning. You can say it as many times as you want Lando but no, your problems are not just garden variety game studio challenges. No studio funded externally would ever be allowed to screw up as catastrophically as CIG has for 5 years in a row. Chris Roberts would’ve been fired a dozen times by now, Sandi Gardiner would never have been allowed in the door let alone out put in the VP of Marketing slot.

The talent at CIG is stymied and undermined by abject stupidity and hubris that “filters from the top” as they see it. Anyone below them sees it as just more bullshit rolling downhill.

In one of the recent Gamescon/CitizenCons HoboLando joked (in really quite a sneery way) about the "Avocados" - I think it was the one where they died on the ramp at the end of the demo. To me he seemed contemptuous of the Commandos in a big way from his general attitude. This is a man who is, in his own mind, onto a good thing. He seems to be drawing a regular paycheck and, as far as he is concerned, that means he will do and say anything to remain on that sweet, sweet gravy train. As has been remarked upon above ITT he seemed genuinely freaked out while "clarifying" the piracy mechanics in that recent ATV/RTV/Whatever the gently caress that useless shitshow is called. I suspect that he had been subjected to a major shouting by someone (possibly Crobbles) and was at pains to make sure that the buck was firmly passed and that he was seen to be onside by senior management.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Spatial posted:

Well, I was having 350 dollar dinner with Chris that day. I asked him about gravity pipes. When I leaned in to try and make out his gutteral mumbling I was struck in the head by his wildly flailing arms and partially clipped into the table. As I lay unconscious, T-posing and vibrating, the Crobber let rip with an 8 hour diatribe on the nature of development and pledging and decided to :justpost:.

Or I did search-and-replace on good old galtse.txt. It created some amazing quasi-religious SC statements if you skim through it :v: I also learned that you can only fit 1/5th of the speech into a single post!

Pass it on to some drama kid as a monologue and tell them it's from a famous Chris Roberts movie.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
G0RF if you could stop posting good poo poo I might have a chance to get the Thread Recap up to date.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

G0RF if you could stop posting good poo poo I might have a chance to get the Thread Recap up to date.

A thread recap ? You mean you write Dr. Smart's blog posts ?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

The Titanic posted:

Meanwhile 70 goons are also trying to tear him up in the in between of momas post and Derek’s inevitable response.

So what? If that's something I cared about, I would have been gone long ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

So what? If that's something I cared about, I would have been gone long ago.

You are the worst intern. I guess you are the newly hired trying to prove himself, and can't even understand that typing something like that means exactly that you care. You are obviously new to the internet and you should focus on reddit for the moment.