Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

He's chubby! It's the best thing ever!

He's not chubby. Just healthy looking for the first time in....gently caress when was the old VW thread? Decade ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Yeah, exactly. Dave was skin stretched over a skeleton when we were frantically prepping his bike and gear to be lost by Greyhound in the fall. Dude looks healthy now.

And if I ever see him in Seattle again, I'm running him out of town on a rail. :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

HandlingByJebus posted:

Yeah, exactly. Dave was skin stretched over a skeleton when we were frantically prepping his bike and gear to be lost by Greyhound in the fall. Dude looks healthy now.

And if I ever see him in Seattle again, I'm running him out of town on a rail. :(

He's gotta get Rosie at some point though, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leperflesh posted:

Rosie Rally 2018.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Leperflesh posted:

I’ll happily pick Rosie up and drive her one state in any direction if it means I don’t need to see Dick in Seattle.

I’d love to see Dick again, of course :wink: just not here.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

A day in the life of Dave:

In which he discovers my inversion table:

Jeep Wheel:
'

Dave's Box:

Help I've fallen and I can't get up:

In which Dave opens a bottle I've had around for a decade:

Chaser:

DICK DICER posted:

I like how we're moving big rear end heavy table saws and poo poo and we both have steel toe redwings and larry is wearing flip flops and ive got on slippers

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who needs toes?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Mein Gott feeding Dave taco bell is a violation of chemical weapons treaties.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Seriously that’s why we have a Geneva Convention

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ExplodingSims posted:

A day in the life of Dave:

Put that little trailer thing behind the Penske, and put the front of the old Truck on it, take a picture and send it to the place who rented you the car hauler trailer. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DICK DICER posted:

TOO MANY TACOS

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

My Dinner with Andre DAVE

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Moments later:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

how come Dave looks so good in photos but still clearly has year-old truck grease under his fingernails?

also, how come I can recognize Dave by a photograph of his thumb??

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The grease is self generated.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oh. Oh god.

And they might be passing through Texas.

I'll warn the state to get ready for chemical warfare. (and if they wind up near me... you better believe I'm showing them real mexican food)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

How many tamales do you think dave can wolf down in one sitting? I'm putting bets on at least 2 dozen.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

HandlingByJebus posted:

I’ll happily pick Rosie up and drive her one state in any direction if it means I don’t need to see Dick in Seattle.

I’d love to see Dick again, of course :wink: just not here.

All the fantastic comedy that goes on in this thread aside, this is a man who gives a poo poo. May the lord reward you for choosing his one true engine layout, the inline 6!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

PARTY TIME :woop:

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 1, 2018

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

I Am both happy and sad. Take care of our dave please

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

ExplodingSims posted:

Help I've fallen and I can't get up:

Grundig?

Mine's a little smaller

Here's a Telefunken too.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 1, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dave and Larry stopped by today and had a quesarito and a quesadilla. I got thumbs up but i think they liked my corgi more than me.

Also both dave and larry are much taller than me. Dave is real sad he can’t post.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I always thought Larry was kinda average height from the pics I've seen. :confused:

I knew Dave was pretty tall tho.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How tall is Dave and why can't he post? :c

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dave is probated and both are in the 6-6’2” ballpark.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dave kept poking the bear (mod) with a pointy stick, repeatedly, after multiple warnings to stop poking the bear... the bear got pissy and sent him to jail for 30 days.

And I'll probably put :10bux: on him doing it again once his probation expires :v:

Dave's... something like 6'?
e;f;b, had no idea Larry was that tall though. the vids/pics had me thinking he was more like 5'8 or 5'9.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody will take that bet.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Dave is 6'2" and so am I.

Also, everyone should go visit Mr. Nice and his taco truck. It is some genuinely good food.

And STR, guess you'll get to see how tall we are for real in a few hours :bigtran:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Can confirm. Ya'll is tall.

Edit: You guys cannonballing or stopping to rest? I know central FL to DFW is a good haul all on its own. Trying to cross texas after that would not be fun.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 2, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ExplodingSims posted:

And STR, guess you'll get to see how tall we are for real in a few hours :bigtran:

OHSHI, well I guess I'll have something for you guys :awesome:

uh... I'll shoot both of you my phone # on FB. I didn't realize it'd be this weekend. :doh:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I would offer to buy you guys dinner if you are coming through Phoenix, except your timing (or mine) is terrible and I'm not even in the country right now!

Hope your trip stays safe.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ExplodingSims posted:

Also, everyone should go visit Mr. Nice and his taco truck. It is some genuinely good food.

He's also the most successful law thread poster except that guy who runs gambling stuff.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Elmnt80 posted:

Can confirm. Ya'll is tall.

Edit: You guys cannonballing or stopping to rest? I know central FL to DFW is a good haul all on its own. Trying to cross texas after that would not be fun.

The truck run was ~3500mi which we did with one real rest stop, after a day of manual labor loading up in the middle. Larry has done that 1.5 times counting his first cannonball run up there in the van.

Orlando to Vegas is ~2300mi so this should be a walk in the park for them, assuming Larry has engineered adequate cabin ventilation. :v:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I fed dave beans and cheese.

Larry ate more, though.

I also could hear dave fart from across the street when we were loading up to head to my bar taco gig.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Mr. Nice! posted:

I fed dave beans and cheese.

Larry ate more, though.

I also could hear dave fart from across the street when we were loading up to head to my bar taco gig.

Yeah, that guy you were talking about who gets drunk and orders 3 burritos? That's me :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Also Mr. Nice has the best corgi:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

6'2"? Y'all are shortasses.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Enourmo posted:

6'2"? Y'all are shortasses.

Yeah I'm 6'2" and have never felt nor been considered tall except by my wife who is about a foot shorter.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the average american is 5" shorter than anyone 6'2" and roughly half the male population is shorter than 5'9" (both median and average height). Worldwide average height is a few inches shorter.

6'2" is more than a standard deviation above average in the USA, and even moreso when compared worldwide. Yes, you're not a giant, but you are absolutely tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Mr. Nice! posted:

the average american is 5" shorter than anyone 6'2" and roughly half the male population is shorter than 5'9" (both median and average height). Worldwide average height is a few inches shorter.

6'2" is more than a standard deviation above average in the USA, and even moreso when compared worldwide. Yes, you're not a giant, but you are absolutely tall.

I'm 6'5".

honestly I'm at the point where I literally don't even notice height on other people anymore, it's either "Oh they're normal" or "holy poo poo someone taller than me, what do I even do in this situation"

• Locked thread