Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

In short, here's how Burk actually plays. He has counselor set to random, and if he gets a certain counselor his demeanor changes. For example, he has Friend Lachappa. If Burk gets Lachappa, he will run around and give out gifts to all the players. Notice I didn't say counselors. Another example is if he gets Chad, and then he'll go and find a place on the map that is funny to him and have a pants off dance off with himself and this actually works. He'll end up being the last player alive, even though he was just dancing next to the toilet in Jason's shack or whatever. And if he gets Jason? It just depends which Jason he gets whether or not he's going to be a friendly Jason who will let you live if you leave him alone, or what nightmares are made of.

Look, Burk's shenanigans do get on my nerves. But he's just bored with the game after having played it for so long and he's having his own fun. Through Burk we have started so many great and wonderful things like the Cult of Jenny, Revenge of the Nerds, Jersey Roulette, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Admittedly I am the oddball who plays Part 7 a bunch. I may not be able to catch you jerks on land, but feel free to wander into my lake where I am the Flash :bahgawd:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I am disappointed Violet's dance isn't in yet. I want it so bad

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I am disappointed Violet's dance isn't in yet. I want it so bad

They have it programmed!

AJ was doing it in the trailer

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

They have it programmed!

AJ was doing it in the trailer

I know! I was hoping it made it in with Pinehurst and Roy. I'm so happy it's coming though, I seriously love it more than The Freakout dance from 4.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ComposerGuy posted:

The boat is viable depending on a few circumstances.

Circumstance the First, you're playing with a Dipshit Jason (80% of pubbie Jasons)

Circumstance the Second, you're playing with an Alright Jason who either isn't aware the boat is getting away or doesn't give a poo poo. I fall into category two here.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Skunkrocker posted:

Notice I didn't say counselors. .

lol'ed because true.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Why did they make the best Jason, not Jason?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Roy is decent but I'm not sure I'd rank him as "the best"

Jason III, Jason IX, Savini, and (arguably) Jason VIII are contenders for the top for most situations and maps.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, Roy is middle of the road but one of the things he has going for him that other Jasons don't is he swings really quickly when breaking down doors. It'll take 6 swings if it's barred like other non-destruction Jasons but it's quite a bit faster.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Destruction is just a really mean trait to have and freaks people out knowing Jason is coming shortly after the first knock on the door.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Also, Part 8 is a monster on the new map. You can almost always trap the phone and the car, break down the doors at the cabins where they are and break 2-3 power boxes within the first 2 minutes of the round. It works especially well if the phone is at the lodge.

This is all assuming the phone is at the lodge:

1. Trap the fuse box and break the door right next to it since that's where the phone is.

2. Walk to the water and head to the power box just north of it.

3. Head back to the water to get to the car, trap it, and break the cabin door.

4. Morph to another power box.

5. Use the water to get to the next power box.

6. Start killing people.

e: You can also break the western power box without adding much time to this but the radio house doesn't seem to spawn near there and neither do any vehicles.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 2, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

5.5 Patrol up the river sniffing out everyone by the white ping of their eyes (this is something 7 actually does slightly better with his stupid good range, but works for 8 too)

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, I was trying to keep it as simple as possible but trying to figure out where people are while you're doing the other steps goes a long way to making your life as Jason easier.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ve been playing as 4 so long I forgot the other Jason’s start with more than 3 traps. Please disregard my Roy as best comment.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I have never tired of Burk's shenanigans.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

TheBizzness posted:

I’ve been playing as 4 so long I forgot the other Jason’s start with more than 3 traps. Please disregard my Roy as best comment.

I'm looking forward to unlocking 4 :shobon:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Traps are wonderful just for the inevitable pileup at the car. "You spring the trap." "No you spring the trap." "Look you can avoid the thing if you stand slightly to the right of it." "HI GUYS I AM JASON HOW ARE YOU"

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Almost had a jason kill tonight. Axe didn't stun him.

Also cliffdiver hitting the same trap twice has to be highlight of the night for me.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Inside Out Mom posted:

Almost had a jason kill tonight. Axe didn't stun him.

Also cliffdiver hitting the same trap twice has to be highlight of the night for me.

Also starting the car, taunting the Jason as I ram the fence 25 feet in front of the exit, somehow restarting it before he catches me and taunting him a second time on my way out.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

DeathChicken posted:

Admittedly I am the oddball who plays Part 7 a bunch. I may not be able to catch you jerks on land, but feel free to wander into my lake where I am the Flash :bahgawd:

My name is Jason Voorhees. To the outside world I’m just an ordinary disfigured hermit, but together with the disembodied head of my dead mom, I kill people who get too close to my lake. I am the murderiest man alive. I am. The Jason

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

cliffdiver posted:

Also starting the car, taunting the Jason as I ram the fence 25 feet in front of the exit, somehow restarting it before he catches me and taunting him a second time on my way out.

I still have no idea how you managed that.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

You didn't believe me when I said he had enough time. :smug:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
True Hero Tommy Jarvis in a pub match will never not be hilarious to me.

We got some good ones these last few pub games.

Woe be to Part 2 Jason VS a boat with a competent driver. You are straight hosed unless they decide to drive it RIGHT AT YOU YOU loving IDIOT PUBBIE

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I had a nice one the other day spawning as Tommy. My only goal generally as Tommy is to annoy the piss out of Jason for as long as possible, I will accomplish this through shotguns, knives, and laughing into my mic like Master Betty from Kung Pow. He finally gets me after a long chase, and with my dying breath I laugh "Yeah but you still didn't get the last one. Hahablurgh!"

And then she runs right into him a few minutes later, goddammit

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

True Hero Tommy Jarvis in a pub match will never not be hilarious to me.

We got some good ones these last few pub games.

Woe be to Part 2 Jason VS a boat with a competent driver. You are straight hosed unless they decide to drive it RIGHT AT YOU YOU loving IDIOT PUBBIE

On narrow channels, like Higgins waterway, Jarvis house, and the new map you can still nab a boat as 2/4/Savini if you play your cards right and morph ahead of them.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was playing Part 4 last night on Pinehurst, and I'd forgotten all about his slow water speed. I was promptly reminded when my friend was the only survivor as Tommy Jarvis and sped right past me in a boat that I couldn't even begin to catch.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

On narrow channels, like Higgins waterway, Jarvis house, and the new map you can still nab a boat as 2/4/Savini if you play your cards right and morph ahead of them.

Oh I know but that's not what happened here.

So we, Ozone, Compser and I, were loving around with some pubs. There was this one edgelord who was a Vanessa, I was Shelly, and they were Jennying it up. Bad luck happened, only one of them was left with the Edgelord and I, Tommy Jarvis.

My Shelly specifically has the boat perk that makes it go faster and I think that carries over to Tommy.

So part of what I wanted to do was gently caress over the edgelord because he was annoying as poo poo. I got the boat fixed and immediately took off so the edgelord could not get in. Jason was chasing the others and I tried to make a distraction to get his attention, going the exact wrong way to a dead end. Sadly it wasn't enough and my fellow goons died

But I still got the boat out of Jason's reach, went all the way down the other path

Jason had morphed ahead of me but I veered way to the side and spun into the exit. Jason 2 simply could not keep up.

Next round or so, similar situation happens but with a Pubbie Tommy.

Similar thing happened, Jason morphs to the end to catch them as they try to solo win

Only this Jason messed up the morph a bit and was way off to the side. If the pubbie had kept going forward they would have been sucked into the end. Instead they veered RIGHT into Jason.

Ozone, I believe, then came and took the boat and drove it the two feet left to the exit.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I absolutely destroyed Pinehurst as 7 last night and it felt good. I don't care that one of the Counselors was a child and the others seemed dumb as gently caress. I needed that.

There was one guy a couple days ago playing Tommy Jarvis with a thick New York accent just shouting "TOMMY JAHVIS!" like it was Leroy Jenkins. He was totally trolling like he was cooperating but didn't at all, I was pissed as I stumbled into his troll trap trying to get away in the boat. I couldn't help but be amused by his shenanigans as he was the lone survivor speeding away in the boat yelling "TOMMY JAHVIS!!"

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 2, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

There was this other really great one the other day where it came down to Jason and an AJ pinned down in the cabin. Jason breaks down the door, AJ...starts dancing.

Jason: What are you even doing?

AJ: Look if I'm dead anyway we're going to make this funny.

Jason: Okay...

And then as soon as Jason paused she ran around him and out the door

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Reminder that in private games if Burk is loving with you you can just shoot him.

:)

But you should never shoot Burk.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Not unless you're a vengeful Tommy Jarvis who might have suffered a fatal Burk-related accident.

Then it's fair game :unsmigghh:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

I'd include more, but Burk takes up so much.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Pro tip

If you're going up against a Tommy and a good female counselor who want you dead, just keep grabbing Tommy.

Without going into it, I got myself killed thinking about it too much. With hindsight I know what I needed to do but that's how that works.

Just keep grabbing.

If there's a whole party of them, do not directly engage. Try to pick them off- if you can shift grab the sweater haver, do it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'd include more, but Burk takes up so much.

Frankly I'm just happy to be included.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So we had a fun Pub Jason match last night.

A good group of us had decided we wanted to kill Jason. I and Ozone ran as Bugsy, Tinfoil was Tinfoiling, all that good stuff. Ozone does some good work as Bugsy, gets killed. I rush in as Bugsy, put in good work and the Jason just decides Nope and does not ever attack me again.

Now I want this to be clear, I do not let up at this point. This is not some Burk Makes a Pact With Jason deal. I keep on his rear end until his mask is off, after that I don't attack him any more and just try to stay near him while everyone else does their poo poo.

He's wise and hunts down the person with the sweater, the Tommy and I just follow along the whole way with him actively ignoring me. So once everyone was dead and gone and there were barely three minutes left, we went back to his cabin and danced the night away with his mom.

She was a very nice lady.

I don't know how or why he decided I was his friend but he did and we were.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I was Tommy and had a great sweaters Vanessa beating the poo poo out of Jason, while he gets a grab on me Kenny comes up, takes the shotgun and shoots him before the mask is off.

Goddamn I almost killed Jason for the first time :(

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TerminatorX sounds distressingly like an actual LaChappa I went up against. Dude nailed me from the forest with a flare at one point without me even seeing him.

• Locked thread