Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All this just reminds me that one of my favorite scenes from Homecoming was Spider-Man shooting his web and the camera pulling back to reveal he's on a golf course at night and the web just spills uselessly to the ground. :allears:

Then you just get that shot of him hoofing it across the greens :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I love how "thrown spidey" is just crouching spidey drawn upside down.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Later:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

gently caress i know i am reading into these alot. so i guess the newspaper comic is just taking plot and visual cues from the MCU and then keeping the status quo before poo poo went to poo poo with the whole "sell your wife to the devil for your dead aunt" plot.

also just a overall spider man question. why does JJ super loving hate spiderman. i mean i read a ton of the early comics so i knows its jealousy/self loathing, but did they ever poo poo out a better reason.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Because spiderman is black

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the comic strip got rid of the marriage for a while too, albeit without any deals with the devil. i'm glad it went back from that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Haifisch posted:

His pants are purple, and his scales are greener than the last time he showed up in NSM. What else could you want???
Hulk's Moe Howard haircut :colbert:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also just a overall spider man question. why does JJ super loving hate spiderman. i mean i read a ton of the early comics so i knows its jealousy/self loathing, but did they ever poo poo out a better reason.

Read My Dinner With Jonah.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I remember this specifically from the Ultimate comics, but I think it applies to 616 too: JJJ hates masked vigilantes. He feels like the mask means we don't know who's under there, they have something to hide, they're running some type of con. Or he associates them with groups like the KKK, who wear masks while they do horrible things and proclaim themselves saviors.

Basically, he has a bunch of reasons, but more or less he doesn't trust superpowered beings, and especially those with masks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wasn't there a major storyline about how desperately proud of his son he was, because he was an All-American boy AND an astronaut and THAT is the type of person that people should be celebrating, not some rear end in a top hat in a mask who got weird powers that they didn't even earn through hard work or something?

I know his son ended up becoming a kind of monster because of some moon rock they found, and that muddied the waters even more because Spidey was the one who took him down and helped him recover, and then his son became a driver for Captain America? Which REALLY irritated Jonah, if I remember right.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

And also:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Thank you :allears:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Saoshyant posted:

So, like, this pirate walks into a bar with a wheel between his legs.
The bartender asks, what's with the wheel?
To which the pirate replies, ARRRR, it's driving me nuts

What's a pirates favourite letter?

No, it's not 'R'; their first love is the 'C'.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

As a newly transplanted Houston resident, I can confirm its lack of Spider-Man compatibility. Basically he'd just be doing circles around the medical center complex.

Houston's much more suitable for a hero with roadrunner-based powers. Or Jack Hawksmoor. Maybe Danny the Street?

So many roads...

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Myok posted:

As a newly transplanted Houston resident, I can confirm its lack of Spider-Man compatibility. Basically he'd just be doing circles around the medical center complex.

Houston's much more suitable for a hero with roadrunner-based powers. Or Jack Hawksmoor. Maybe Danny the Street?

So many roads...

Former Houstonian, can confirm. The city is built on a prairie and it has wide streets and far apart buildings to accomodate flood waters and the cattle drives for the annual rodeo. If you want to be a superhero in Houston you have to get a vehicle or do a lot of walking.

And there are no convenient alleys either. I wasn't sure alleys really existed until I visited Seattle at age 25. Houston doesn't have those, the cows would get stuck and then there would be endless mooing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HIJK posted:

Former Houstonian, can confirm. The city is built on a prairie and it has wide streets and far apart buildings to accomodate flood waters and the cattle drives for the annual rodeo. If you want to be a superhero in Houston you have to get a vehicle or do a lot of walking.

And there are no convenient alleys either. I wasn't sure alleys really existed until I visited Seattle at age 25. Houston doesn't have those, the cows would get stuck and then there would be endless mooing.

Please read Christopher Yost's Scarlet Spider. It's the best. In one meme, it's:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 2, 2018

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Please read Christopher Yost's Scarlet Spider. It's the best. In one meme, it's:

holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

same sound I make when grabbing a pole

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

1. :iceburn: UNGNN :iceburn:

2. That pole's gonna snap right the hell off.

3. Spidey watch out the sidewalk is like a flat, thin brick!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"Or else!" says the man with the basically magic webs, the man with the superhuman agility and proportional strength of a spider, the man who has been thrown through buildings in the past.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
surprise, surprise. webman forgets he can shot web. again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's just given up using webs after switching to his new ultra-tearable web formula.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm surprised he didn't land head first on the pole.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

goatface posted:

"Or else!" says the man with the basically magic webs, the man with the superhuman agility and proportional strength of a spider, the man who has been thrown through buildings in the past.

Let's count the "Or else!"s he has here:

-Can web swing off the wall
-Can web himself back to the wall
-Can possibly reach the wall from here and from there just stick to it
-Hell, he can probably just flip himself upright and hit the ground on his feet and be fine

oh wait we're talking about newspaper spider-man and not normal spider-man? oh yeah, or else he's hosed.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
That wall appears to be made of bricks though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

That pole's gonna snap right the hell off.

that or his arm, look at how he grabbed that thing

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

surprise, surprise. webman forgets he can shot web. again.
Oh man, it's been so long. Hello old friend.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

That wall appears to be made of bricks though.

or concrete painted beige

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's Miami, so the latter

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh my god. I need to read all of this yesterday

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I was surprised when a comic about evil Spider-Man came out and had no business being that good. It still bummers me it didn't manage to last longer, though.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Gronk

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:perfect:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:vince:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

gently caress lmao

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I gronnk you.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I can't stop laughing. Send help.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Haifisch is posting 2005 NSM in the newspaper Comic Strip thread, I want to inflict this one on others:

Haifisch posted:

2005 Spiderman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

davidspackage posted:

Haifisch is posting 2005 NSM in the newspaper Comic Strip thread, I want to inflict this one on others:

lm loving ao