Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Isn't that true for most clothes in general? I wear a size 48 suit and they came with size 42 pants with the "athletic cut". Had to get them tailored down to a 34.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Clothes are sized for sticks and blobs with nothing in between this is swole privilege (paying more for clothes that fit)

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Anybody a vegetarian who also meal preps? I've been making big batches of chili and curry for lunches, but I'm looking to switch up the variety if anyone has good recipes

ETA: The curry recipe I use, which is really good, is here: http://silentlycooking.com/home/2017/5/28/sweet-potato-and-chickpea-curry?rq=curry

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just pile beans/chickpeas/lentils into a pressure cooker with whatever spices you prefer. Cumin, tomatoes, garlic, onions, etc. Or get pre mixed seasoning from the grocery. Jerk marinade is great too. Okra, mushrooms are also good. King oyster mushrooms are amazing.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bamhand posted:

Isn't that true for most clothes in general? I wear a size 48 suit and they came with size 42 pants with the "athletic cut". Had to get them tailored down to a 34.

Generally, but wet suits are supposed to be generally skin-tight everywhere, and there's only so much give in that rubber. The problem is a little exaggerated, compared to regular clothes. I've had to return wet suits when they fit my chest and arms perfectly, but I was floating in the waist and thighs. Got smaller, and I just have to deal with the tight arms and chest for the waist and legs that fit properly.

I'm already boring myself with this conversation. Sorry.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm the overweight middle aged guy who wears skintight drifit shirts with Superman and Batman logos to the gym.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm the dude who is stronger than everyone at the gym but I don't look like it

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Literally everyone in the gym is stronger and prettier than me

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The Ferret King posted:

Same

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

The Ferret King posted:

Don't doxx me

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

All the pretty boys at my gym aren't that strong and all the big fat guys are weak. The only deceptively strong guys are the asian twinks.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I'm the strongest and prettiest person in my gym, and also probably the world.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

I'm the strongest and prettiest person in my gym, and also probably the world.

How’s your quest for world’s most giantest legs in the universe going?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Right next to me a dude is squatting with kettlebells attached to either side of the bar with those colored stretching bands. He's also got his legs completely covered with sleeves/wraps and wears huge headphones over his hoodie

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

UnfurledSails posted:

Right next to me a dude is squatting with kettlebells attached to either side of the bar with those colored stretching bands. He's also got his legs completely covered with sleeves/wraps and wears huge headphones over his hoodie

I wish I could be that cool.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
How much is he squatting? If it is more than you hang your head in shame and look away, for you are not worthy to learn his ancient techniques.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Always watch the big guys squat heavy. When they miss depth by an inch you will feel superior no matter how much they have on the bar.

Bunch of posers.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

UnfurledSails posted:

he squats faster as the kettlebells on bands yo-yo him into the motion. speed increasing constantly, he cannot stop. he is perpetual squatting machine

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Galaxy brain: squats + kipping

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

nooneofconsequence posted:

All the pretty boys at my gym aren't that strong and all the big fat guys are weak. The only deceptively strong guys are the asian twinks.

There is an extremely squat bald asian man at my gym who both lifts enormous amounts and has a look in his eye like he has chopped up at least one person over gambling debts

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Here's some motivation for you struggling goons:

quote:

Working at the RPS NJ States Meet, I get to handle Audrey Donellan @audreydonellan through her Meet. She's 76, and has been a powerlifter for 6 years. Here she is, weighing in at 139, crushing her 3rd Deadlift at 290lbs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BednN1cH4aF/?taken-by=alexanderomand

Maybe one day you can lift more than grandma!

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
There's a regular at my gym who competes in the USPL masters division. I watched him squat 635 on Monday and realized that I'll never be that strong

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

not with that attitude

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I was about to attempt my max sumo pull for the day when suddenly fishman walked in and setup next to me. I nearly vomited. Needless to say the plates did not leave the floor.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dum Cumpster posted:

Here's some motivation for you struggling goons:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BednN1cH4aF/?taken-by=alexanderomand

Maybe one day you can lift more than grandma!
Jealous of the lockout there. She owned that rep. My lockouts aren't nearly as clean if my rep moves that slow.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Man, my lower back still complains at me the next day no matter how close attention I pay to my form.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Data Graham posted:

Man, my lower back still complains at me the next day no matter how close attention I pay to my form.

are you doing anything else to strengthen your lower back?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not specifically. I guess that couldn't hurt.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Your glutes may also be weak making your lower back pick up the slack.

I always throw in some back extensions at the end of my back workout. I'd do reverse hypers if my gym had a machine.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 1, 2018

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I had a weird day yesterday where my back squats were garbage but my front squats were fire.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I went from being one of the strongest dudes at goodlife
To middling strong at my old gym
To by FAR one of the weaker dudes at Fortis.

It is inspirational to see a dude pulling 500lb for reps.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And now I've once more given myself what feels like a cracked rib, by rolling onto my arm during a push-up.

Why does this keep happening to me

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Former fat guy lost fat, still has too much skin.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
How does he get his skin too fold like that

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Data Graham posted:

And now I've once more given myself what feels like a cracked rib, by rolling onto my arm during a push-up.

Why does this keep happening to me

That sucks, I cracked a rib or badly sprained an intercostal muscle two weeks ago, but now I’m feeling pretty much back to normal. Take done time out to heal and you’ll be back in the gym before you know it.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

How does he get his skin too fold like that

While it still must suck to have loose skin he can call himself lucky only getting that little excess skin.

Also I'm sometimes wondering about our healthcare here(notUS) that will pay for a gastric bypass but then will tell you to gently caress off when you have a closer resemblance to a sugar glider than a human. Their reasoning being that you cannot see the skin when wearing clothes and thus won't have a negative impact on your mental health like facial deformities. :nallears:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Friends, tonight I hit the 1 plate mark on OHP. Thought I wasn't going to get it with how slow 125 moved.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Friends, tonight I hit the 1 plate mark on OHP. Thought I wasn't going to get it with how slow 125 moved.

This is good. A bigger OHP is good, because you can ask to work in with typical guys squatting ~60-80kg and just press their squat weight.

Double fun if you don't tell them what you're doing, and face a mirror to see their expressions when the bar goes above your head.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I'm still completely DYEL as well, which sort of makes that better, although my upper back and shoulders are starting to sort of get that small but jacked look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Looking like an idiot today at the gym because I just bought a lifting belt and was struggling with how tight to wear it!!!!