Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

clown shoes posted:

At this point I will see anything A24 puts out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6wWKNij_1M

it looks like the movie mother! would have been if the trailer hadn't been a huge lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Nice to get a good weird A24 trailer to wash out the bland Marvel taste.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

clown shoes posted:

Yawp.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

it looks like the movie mother! would have been if the trailer hadn't been a huge lie

You're a dope.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The trailers for mother! made it look like a horror movie when it wasn't soooo no I am not.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought for sure all those people were showing up to watch her get sacrificed or something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That part is true.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

The trailers for mother! made it look like a horror movie when it wasn't soooo no I am not.

It's just a different kind of horror. You're a dope AND a slobberer. :wiggle:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im the smartest because i 'got' mother!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

im the smartest because i 'got' mother!

yes. but with gusto

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/UniversalHorror/status/958520264584658944

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ah. Subtlety.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FYI, this is the movie Steven Soderbergh shot on iPhone.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

clown shoes posted:

This looks sick.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah, just name the time and place. Knowing it's from the same magic tophat as the VVitch is just icing on the cake.

Edit: very intrigued by the Unsane trailer too.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 31, 2018

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-xO4shYDY

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The MSJ posted:

FYI, this is the movie Steven Soderbergh shot on iPhone.
Pshhhhaw let's see if it's half as good as Tangerine

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I believe this is a fake trailer more than I believe that Dundee Jr one is

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

I appreciate you posting all of these links, but can you also say what the movie is, so that you don't have to click to find out? Thanks :)

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Jewmanji posted:

I appreciate you posting all of these links, but can you also say what the movie is, so that you don't have to click to find out? Thanks :)

Turn off whatever app you are using that is disabling YouTube embedding.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jewmanji posted:

Go to Thread View Options in the Edit Options tab of your SA user control panel and enable youtube embeds in posts. hth

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Go to Thread View Options in the Edit Options tab of your SA user control panel and enable youtube embeds in posts. hth

Holy poo poo, thanks. I don't think I've ever gone to the Options page.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

porfiria posted:

What's up with that little girl's face?

I'm surprised they already made a sequel to Downsizing.

Turns out that is her real face.... really thought it was makeup

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

GonSmithe posted:

Turn off whatever app you are using that is disabling YouTube embedding.

My awful app has never shown embedded YouTube clips even though the option is explicitly on.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

woah, mindblowing, thank you! Sorry about that rawillkill!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe76vAIctis

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BonoMan posted:

My awful app has never shown embedded YouTube clips even though the option is explicitly on.

Yeah, I dunno about the app, I only use a browser.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEVonh8bjC0

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MissionFilm/status/958417741857239041

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

A trailer for a trailer. :psyduck:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones posted:

A trailer for a trailer. :psyduck:

That's been the norm for a while now, but it's usually a teaser trailer followed by a full one. I think this is the first one I've seen which is explicitly "TRAILER COMING SOON".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Well it worked, inasmuch as it got us discussing an upcoming trailer for a film that I'm pretty sure no one is excited about

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well it worked, inasmuch as it got us discussing an upcoming trailer for a film that I'm pretty sure no one is excited about
Seeing Tom Cruise break his ankle in a way that looked like it caused him incredible pain while performing a stunt for this film excited me, but beyond that I couldn't care less

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Seeing Tom Cruise break his ankle in a way that looked like it caused him incredible pain while performing a stunt for this film excited me, but beyond that I couldn't care less

They’re still pretty fun movies, and it’s the same director as the last solid one... so... I’m excited?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LionArcher posted:

They’re still pretty fun movies, and it’s the same director as the last solid one... so... I’m excited?
Was that the one with Tom Cruise on the outside of the cargo plane? Or the one with Tom Cruise climbing up the outside of that huge hotel in Dubai? Gotta say, all those movies run together for me.

I remember Philip Seymour Hoffman was the bad guy in III, but the last couple may as well be the same movie to me.

Also I almost just got them confused with the Bourne movies while trying to recall what happened in them. Those series may as well be interchangeable to me.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's like the Resident Evil movies, the titles have so little meaning that they become "the one with..."

1. The one
2. (II)The one directed by John Woo that doesn't really fit in with the other ones (and which had music videos by Limp Bizkit and Metallica)
3. (III) The one you easily forget about so if it is not one of the other ones, well, then it's probably this one
4. (Ghost Protocol) The one in Dubai with the tower climbing
5. (Rogue Nation) The one where Tom Cruise can't stop hugging a plane
6. (Fallout) The new one

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 2, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, for me the Resident Evil movies are labelled in my mind as such:

1 - The one with the laser grid and the AI kid
2 - The one with that guy saying "GTA, motherfucker!" and the Nemesis monster
3 - The one in the desert I guess? Was this the one that was kinda like a Mad Max ripoff?

And then 4 and beyond, I have no idea what those correspond with.

I remember one of them started off with Alice having a normal life in the suburbs like the opening of Dawn of the Dead 2004 but then it turned out to be a nightmare, but I don't remember which one that was. There have been so many of those goddamn movies, I can barely tell you which one was which.

Now, the Fast & the Furious movies? I can tell you everything (or at least a general outline) that happens in all 8 of those movies.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I made a summary like that in the Resident Evil thread quite a while back.

quote:

It's like this, right?
- the one in the underground facility
- the one in the city
- the one in the desert
- the one in the prison that starts in Tokyo and ends on a ship
- the one in the arctic facility

Sounds like they just need a movie in a forest now. [Editor's note: this was before the final movie was released.]

The one in the arctic facility (so number five) features that suburbs segment, which turns out to be some kind of Umbrella Corp testing ground.
I'd sum up movie number six as "the one in post-apocalyptic city that ends in the underground facility".

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 2, 2018

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well it might surprise you to know the last two have been great and pretty successful and this one is also directed by McQuarrie and bound to be packed with awesome stunts so i'm looking forward to it and probably others are too

And trailers for trailers have been everywhere for a while now where have you guys been

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It will never stop feeling like a commercial for a commercial for me, but I never really had that "I've got to see it first!" drive that would justify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
MI3 had PSH and the explosion sending Cruise into a car in a weird angle

• Locked thread