Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Man, I thought that Road Rash kickstarter bombed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fyi the new road rash is pretty good

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

:3: Stick it to the man little buddy!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy crap, this is in my town. I saw Shaka's on the wall, but assumed that was a common bar name. Good news is apparently dude's not dead.

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local/video-shows-security-guard-body-slam-customer-at-virginia-beach-venue/513723685

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Holy crap, this is in my town. I saw Shaka's on the wall, but assumed that was a common bar name. Good news is apparently dude's not dead.

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local/video-shows-security-guard-body-slam-customer-at-virginia-beach-venue/513723685

quote:

At one point the victim claimed to have a weapon, and that’s when the security guard got physical.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes a broken back.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

hawowanlawow posted:

fyi the new road rash is pretty good

You're talking about Road Redemption, right? drat that looks like a good game.

Sunswipe posted:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes a broken back.

You think the guy has a case against the security guard? I mean, if the guard just went nuts on the dude, I'd say he did, but apparently he came back to the show four times and claimed he had a weapon. On the other hand, I suppose it can be argued that the guard did use excessive force.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So what is a "citizen's warrant?"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CommissarMega posted:

You think the guy has a case against the security guard? I mean, if the guard just went nuts on the dude, I'd say he did, but apparently he came back to the show four times and claimed he had a weapon. On the other hand, I suppose it can be argued that the guard did use excessive force.

Seems a reasonable amount of force to use on someone who says they've got a weapon, but IANAL.

By which I mean, I'm not a lawyer, not that I enjoy anal sex.

Not that I'm ruling out anal sex. Laaaaaadies.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb8JZmLK7B8

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

when you are so mad you turn a 200 dollar fenderbender into...thousands in damages partially rolling your car and breaking the law dozens of times to catch the idiot who bumped you

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So this guy gets lightly rear-ended on the highway, the dude who hits him does a runner, and then he goes full terminator mode and road rages following the dude probably doing more damage to his car than the original tap?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Just want to thank you for this. fantastic

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I literally said "Oh no!" out loud like a shocked old woman when I realised the video was only half over and he intended to keep going in that dash cam video.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

So this guy gets lightly rear-ended on the highway, the dude who hits him does a runner, and then he goes full terminator mode and road rages following the dude probably doing more damage to his car than the original tap?

Pics of the aftermath here (found link in comments):

https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20180131/hit-and-run-leads-to-rollover-but-doesnt-stop-there/

quote:

the chase continued until the BMW spun out again in a parking lot. The driver hit a curb, broke a rear control arm, and the chase ended.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

:cripes:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I was rear ended once. I just gave the guy a thumbs up and drove away. I, however, do not drive a bmw.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
In retrospect the first guy running away from psycho bmw dude seems like it was a very good idea.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cage posted:

I was rear ended once. I just gave the guy a thumbs up, left his apartment and drove away. I, however, do not drive a bmw.

fixed that for ya

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the true price of bmw douche hubris:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BraveUlysses posted:

I wonder if that back window shade still works.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Blackchamber posted:

fixed that for ya
Haha gay people, am I right?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

gently caress- I've been hit and run before and there's no way in hell I'm going to chase down, PIT, and throw down with some rando who could potentially kill the gently caress out of me since they're already unhinged enough to run from the scene of a crime.

Roll all BMWs

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess the lesson here is if you're go full rage mode and chase someone down, make sure you have decent tires.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BraveUlysses posted:

I really want to know the follow up to this - who is charged with what, who still has a license, and whether insurance covers anything more than the bumper.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cage posted:

Gay people are funny. Example, Ellen DeGeneres. Second example, Jimmy Carr probably.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

CommissarMega posted:

It's almost impossible to bring suits against security guards unless your like shot or stabbed. Getting tossed on your rear end after you've been asked to leave is pretty standard procedure. When I was a bouncer one of my coworkers got sued for punching a violent drunk and knocking out his two front teeth. The judge tossed the case.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
When I was younger I was driving a really lovely car through bumper to bumper traffic, thought the person ahead of me was still going, didn't brake in time and lightly bumped them. She got out, looked at the boot, shrugged and said "there's no damage, don't worry about it", got back in her car and drove off while I alternated thanking her and apologising because I didn't have poo poo for money.

I think the guy in this video might be of a different type

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's almost impossible to bring suits against security guards unless your like shot or stabbed. Getting tossed on your rear end after you've been asked to leave is pretty standard procedure. When I was a bouncer one of my coworkers got sued for punching a violent drunk and knocking out his two front teeth. The judge tossed the case.

Seems like it would cost alot of money getting an attorney too.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

When I was younger I was driving a really lovely car through bumper to bumper traffic, thought the person ahead of me was still going, didn't brake in time and lightly bumped them. She got out, looked at the boot, shrugged and said "there's no damage, don't worry about it", got back in her car and drove off while I alternated thanking her and apologising because I didn't have poo poo for money.

I think the guy in this video might be of a different type

Yeah the type to record himself committed a series of escalating crimes. And drives a BMW without affording to budget for tires that would prevent losing the back end/rolling.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

I really want to know the follow up to this - who is charged with what, who still has a license, and whether insurance covers anything more than the bumper.

"B-B-But look at the dashcam! She bumped me! Everything else was just self-defense!"

Just the fact that this idiot uploaded it to youtube indicates that he thinks he's 100% right for acting like this and will likely do it again. Also LOL at him shouting "STOP HER" at other cars like it's their civic duty to take out other drivers at his behest.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phuzun posted:

Yeah the type to record himself committed a series of escalating crimes. And drives a BMW without affording to budget for tires that would prevent losing the back end/rolling.

That's an always-on dashcam. You think he managed to hold the phone steady on the dash while rolling the car?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

"B-B-But look at the dashcam! She bumped me! Everything else was just self-defense!"

Just the fact that this idiot uploaded it to youtube indicates that he thinks he's 100% right for acting like this and will likely do it again. Also LOL at him shouting "STOP HER" at other cars like it's their civic duty to take out other drivers at his behest.

the youtube vid is a repost. it was a series of 3 videos posted briefly on facebook and they were almost immediately taken down after the guy got dogpiled for his behavior

there's a 230 page thread on vwvortex about the whole thing

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/OIaQNKl.mp4

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was rear ended once on some slick roads, dude cracked my bumper cover. Dude paid for it out of pocket because apparently it wasn't worth going on the insurance.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

quote:

Atlantic City Turnpike

Its The Expressway! Jerks

I grew up around there, I don't miss that accent though.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I can only imagine how that looks to normal people going about their day: "Wow, some idiot is driving erratically after some person, I'd better help?" loving hell, it's just a fender bender, no biggie. It sucks but it's not some rear end in a top hat going after someone like this is some perverse TV show from the '80s and screaming at other people to help them. And he was stupid enough to continue doing this after he nearly flipped his own car.

I really hope the guy is brought up on charges. He's got some real anger issues if he thinks this is somehow acceptable. Also....this doesn't help the opinion I have of BMW drivers, honestly.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cage posted:

Well i dont know if the poster is a man or a woman, so I think its more of a 'haha butt stuff' joke.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/cUhn0j0.mp4

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Why!?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

yeah. there's not a whole lot of content, but there wasn't a whole lot of content in the old road rash games. It does a good job of capturing the gameplay of road rash. I got my money's worth playing split screen with my friends