Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Ultima66 posted:

Curse is an egg move so you can't just give it to a Snorlax.

i recall it being a TM in GSC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

less laughter posted:

Use Togedemaru

For real, Togedemaru is a beast. I tutored Iron Tail on the first island and well, the little ball mouse just rolled over everything.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hedgehogs are NOT rodents

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i recall it being a TM in GSC?

Oh yeah, this is right. I misunderstood.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I'm kind of torn on Alolan Raichu. She was a cornerstone of my team through Sun but I almost exclusively used her as an electric-type. Barely touched psychic with her at all. I mean obviously Stoked Sparksurfer is the cutest thing to ever happen but I feel like I didn't make the most of her. About to start Ultra Moon and I think I'll use Vikavolt this time for electric.

alola raichu was my 2nd favorite pokemon of last gen, which i guess is cheating since technically shes old gen too but whatever i dont care

obvs mimikyu is first

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

I believe I've fully optimized mono gen 1 belly drum spam trick room

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-697403917

This is a pro click guys.

I love that when he killed your Kadabra and Slowbro used Belly Drum, that must have been a real "oh gently caress" moment.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

This is a pro click guys.

I love that when he killed your Kadabra and Slowbro used Belly Drum, that must have been a real "oh gently caress" moment.

I love that his intimidate actually bought him a turn

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hey guys, today is the first day of Dialga and Palkia distribution at Game Stop. Go get your TARDISmons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Nah, I already have like, 3 of each of those

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
One of my Festival Plaza visitors makes every visit a nerve-wracking experience

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Tardigrade posted:

One of my Festival Plaza visitors makes every visit a nerve-wracking experience

Hello My name is DEATH. We're hungry. Take us to a yummy place.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Somehow managed to beat Rainbow Rocket without wiping once.

Or z-moves :getin:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

iospace posted:

Somehow managed to beat Rainbow Rocket without wiping once.

Or z-moves :getin:

I did it without wiping, but I made it my goal to use Ultra Necrozma to slaughter their Legends via application of Heaven-Scorching Light of Destruction to the face

Helped make the lackluster execution of Episode Rocket into something vaguely more dramatic (My favorite part was the rows of Rocket Grunts holding hands to keep you from getting through - despite the player having access to literal gods to level the place if they really wanted to

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013
So it seems I've traded away my Soothe Bell somehow or my sister borrowed it and I could use a new one for trying to get my Espeon... anyone willing to trade away one for a different item?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

HeartNotes3 posted:

So it seems I've traded away my Soothe Bell somehow or my sister borrowed it and I could use a new one for trying to get my Espeon... anyone willing to trade away one for a different item?

You can buy one from the Battle Royale dome for 48 BP.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hey Goons, like I said earlier: the Dialga / Palkia event at Gamestop started today. Since I'm practically surrounded by GameStops and many others aren't I usually go the extra mile and get some spare codes to give away.

Want one? Tell me about your favorite Gen IV pokemon. First five Goons to do it get one of the codes.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Nah, I already have like, 3 of each of those

Mandatory Lesbian has enough, and is therefore disqualified this time around. :v:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

Want one? Tell me about your favorite Gen IV pokemon. First five Goons to do it get one of the codes.

Staraptor, the big pompador bird with actual decent attack stats and a move pool that uses them. When I first found out that it existed, and it was a route 1 bird that didn't suck, I proceeded to cut a bloody swath across the countryside as he Returned everyone to death.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Nth Doctor posted:

Hey Goons, like I said earlier: the Dialga / Palkia event at Gamestop started today. Since I'm practically surrounded by GameStops and many others aren't I usually go the extra mile and get some spare codes to give away.

Mandatory Lesbian has enough, and is therefore disqualified this time around. :v:

I know it’s lame but Infernape. Sun Wukong Pokémon! Plus, its depiction in the anime was awesome and always gets me in the feels. I really hope the remakes of gen IV happen and the starters get megas.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 3, 2018

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nth Doctor posted:

The Don himself, Honchkrow. Notavle because almost every evil boss character since his intro has had him on their team. He boasts a claim to fame in one of the highest damage priority attacks in the game, a totally rad design and is generally a reallt stellar expansion on Murkrow.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nth Doctor posted:

Hey guys, today is the first day of Dialga and Palkia distribution at Game Stop. Go get your TARDISmons.

Are they shiny?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They come with shiny gold bottlecaps.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I tell you hwhat, it is cool as hell seeing all the different Ultra areas for the first time. I love the lightning zone, with the lil Electro-Guzma-Beasts flouncing around below you.

But I'm pretty disappointed with the only ~20 non-legendary mons available as increased-chance shinies. Wonder why they didn't double or even triple that number. These guys can't have their hidden abilities, can they?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

I am Reverend posted:

I believe I've fully optimized mono gen 1 belly drum spam trick room

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uususpecttest-697403917

lmao, i didn't expect Bugnium Seaking.

i saw a guy lose to DDance Waterium Z (Aqua Tail) Tyranitar once, that was great. turns out you can teach Tyranitar Fury Cutter in Gen2 so one day I'm gonna do Bugnium Ttar.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Are they shiny?

all the distributions this year are regular except Minty Fresh Zygarde in August.

Quotey fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 3, 2018

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nth Doctor posted:

I am All About Drapion, and wish that there was a real use for him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
He's a great Toxic Spikes setter for mono dark teams

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
When i learned about tryhard pokemon in diamond and pearl one of my first teams had a Drapion named DRAPEion with screech and pursuit and if i had to describe it in one word it would be "underrated"

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Nth Doctor posted:

Gardevoir is the coolest Gen 4 Pokemon. And it's my friend.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Torterra is the coolest gen 4 pokemon by far because it's the only guy with an ecosystem on his back

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Infernape is probably my favorite gen 4 mon, and also one of the best. Monkey Magic.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my favorite gen 4 is electivire but i don't need a code

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I'm not interested in any code, but I think we all need to take a second to sit back and appreciate how rad WeavIle is.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

wow, brutal...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I'm not interested in any code, but I think we all need to take a second to sit back and appreciate how rad WeavIle is.

heck yeah

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the big-eared fish Lumenion because it's a funny fish.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Staraptor, the big pompador bird with actual decent attack stats and a move pool that uses them. When I first found out that it existed, and it was a route 1 bird that didn't suck, I proceeded to cut a bloody swath across the countryside as he Returned everyone to death.

I don’t need a code but I love staraptor as well. Mainly because I can force him to breed with an actually cool Pokémon named Skarmory in order to give Skarmory brave bird.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I don't need a code either, but there are lot's of gen 4 Pokemon that I like.

Togekiss is adorable.
Leafeon makes a cute little "awooo" sound. :3:
Staraptor is a great bird.
Porygon-Z is a good ducky.
Magnezone is pretty boss.
Mammoswine is a mammoth and that's really cool.
Torterra is a rad ankylosaur.
Mismagius is a lovely, witchy ghost.
Glaceon is quite pretty.
Gliscor is pretty badass.
Weavile, Toxicroak, Honchkrow, Electivire, Luxray, Froslass, Abomasnow, Gallada, and Riolu are all cool too.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
don't need a code but i love my big fairy dove

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nessa posted:

I don't need a code either, but there are lot's of gen 4 Pokemon that I like.

Togekiss is adorable.
Leafeon makes a cute little "awooo" sound. :3:
Staraptor is a great bird.
Porygon-Z is a good ducky.
Magnezone is pretty boss.
Mammoswine is a mammoth and that's really cool.
Torterra is a rad ankylosaur.
Mismagius is a lovely, witchy ghost.
Glaceon is quite pretty.
Gliscor is pretty badass.
Weavile, Toxicroak, Honchkrow, Electivire, Luxray, Froslass, Abomasnow, Gallada, and Riolu are all cool too.

i find it funny how many of the good gen 4 pokemon are just evos to older gen pokemon

not a knock against you cause i agree with this stance

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The new evos in gen4 were all really good.

Except Rhyperior.

Also Bibarel deserves more love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

rhyperior: strong. brave. beautiful. my friend