Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

do not gently caress the Microsoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

jony neuemonic posted:

the only other good db client i've used is psql, and that's a terminal-only thing that comes with postgres. why are they all so bad.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

OldAlias posted:

do not gently caress the Microsoft

buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
holy poo poo lmao https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/328889/logging-on-a-user-account-that-is-a-member-of-more-than-1010-groups-ma

coke
Jul 12, 2009

and that's why microsoft is cool again

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i thought microsoft was cool because they keep putting stolen memes into promotional items and install wizards

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
can u really steal a meme? 🤔

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
you wouldnt download a meme

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

we missed this back in november, but someone in games bought $160 worth of doritos in order to get an xbox one x

ethanol posted:

anybody here who ever loving doubts my committment to xbox, the greatest, the world's most powerful cosnole

this is what's happening/happened

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

carry on then posted:

we missed this back in november, but someone in games bought $160 worth of doritos in order to get an xbox one x

:ohdear: ...Are, are they alright?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

carry on then posted:

also drove more than an hour out of town each way to get those

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

:ohdear: ...Are, are they alright?

that's them cutting back, i'm sure they're better than they normally are

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

there's no more "no purchase required" option? when they first did that every 60 seconds giveaway back in 2005 you could just request hundreds of free codes with those temporary throwaway email providers then dump the max amount of codes into a slot giving you a 99% chance of winning

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

microsoft's long relationship with taco bell, doritos and mountain dew is both amazingly cynical and super smart it's like yeah it's a cliche but we know you morons like eating garbage so here you go

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

The_Franz posted:

there's no more "no purchase required" option? when they first did that every 60 seconds giveaway back in 2005 you could just request hundreds of free codes with those temporary throwaway email providers then dump the max amount of codes into a slot giving you a 99% chance of winning

yeah i thought those "no purchase required" options were legally requied, i definitely do nothink that they would be so prevalent if they were optional

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Lysidas posted:

yeah i thought those "no purchase required" options were legally requied, i definitely do nothink that they would be so prevalent if they were optional

looks like they were smart this time and required people to physically mail an envelope with the address written by hand, and that only resulted in one free entry into the daily drawings, not points for the auction portions.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

computer janitoring much more than y'all computer janitors because I janitor for more hours

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/959468476694966272

orange sky
May 7, 2007

here's how I do malware detection by applying regex to all my registries in order to detect a pattern

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i wrote a gui interface using visual basic to track the spammers ip address

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

imo just redirect email to /dev/null

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
tag all email from external source with !EXTERNAL! and have a rule to throw all these emails in a folder outside of Inbox

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

tag all email from external source with !EXTERNAL! and have a rule to throw all these emails in a folder outside of Inbox

we have this but they don't have exceptions for hosted tools like version one and salesforce so it's not super useful

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
lol if you aren’t emailing people outside your organization 10 times a day

customers and suppliers are a thing nerds

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

lol if you aren’t emailing people outside your organization 10 times a day

customers and suppliers are a thing nerds

but those you already have a relationship with should be added to your address book so go into the inbox

could work if you do continue to skim that external box a couple times a day

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

i wrote a gui interface using visual basic to track the spammers ip address

who's on the second keyboard there, console cowboy?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

orange sky posted:

computer janitoring much more than y'all computer janitors because I janitor for more hours

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/959468476694966272

theyre all PDF attachments now w/ links inside of them

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

NEED MORE MILK posted:

theyre all PDF attachments now w/food inside

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

elf shot the food

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Is the new windows still free?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mostly. for certain definitions of free anyway

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Windows is free,, mostly.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

PyPy posted:

Microsoft won't just give it to you for nothing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

Microsoft won't just give it to you for nothing.

apparently that disability thing expired on december 31 so :rip:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

PyPy posted:

yes, but they try to monetize you with ads and harvesting user data. you will have “the mark of the beast”, a semi transparent text telling you to activate windows in the lower right corner, unless you’re using win10 for accessibility reasons

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

"expired"

i'm willing to bet much like the general upgrade eligibility, that expiration means jack poo poo for anyone other than business customers without enterprise agreements, who might conceivably be audited at some point

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

That wasn't free either, you already had to have a Windows

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

a windows on something somewhere

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

hobbesmaster posted:

a windows on something somewhere

not quite anywhere ever but pretty drat close

pram
Jun 10, 2001
free like freedom??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

free like windows