Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

NmareBfly posted:

Is she an option from the selector though? They mighta changed new player rewards at some point.

Nope, she is only available through the bio sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

We now have two new characters and a costume confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/959277751524933634

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So pumped for Killdozer

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
amazing how quick timeline goes when wolverine is banned.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

In case all the new folks have missed it, we have a very active discord channel here:

https://discord.gg/RmRPzew

The discord itself has a FF Channel I made specifically for our safety. Come on in!

Invite has expired. I was wondering if there was a discord. The Galaxy of Heroes one is pretty active so I was hoping FF had one.

I figured with 3/4 Cinematic Battle characters being T2 I could finally finish the last battle, but nope. I guess I'll have to T2 Valkyrie to complete it.

BUt holy poo poo WB Extreme is a pile of bullshit. I have no idea what the limitations are because they're so weirdly worded. And I enjoy watching characters that regularlly do 5 digit damage with even white hits doing 200 damage on a boss that has I think 2 million hit points. I don't die, I just have the timer run out because no matter who I bring to a battle, it doesn't do squat.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Invite has expired. I was wondering if there was a discord. The Galaxy of Heroes one is pretty active so I was hoping FF had one.

I figured with 3/4 Cinematic Battle characters being T2 I could finally finish the last battle, but nope. I guess I'll have to T2 Valkyrie to complete it.

BUt holy poo poo WB Extreme is a pile of bullshit. I have no idea what the limitations are because they're so weirdly worded. And I enjoy watching characters that regularlly do 5 digit damage with even white hits doing 200 damage on a boss that has I think 2 million hit points. I don't die, I just have the timer run out because no matter who I bring to a battle, it doesn't do squat.

That’s weird. I set it to never expire.

Try now.

There’s a giant channel for all the former Marvel Heroes players too. It’s called Gay City, naturally.

The one we use for FF is called futurefightsafezone. You’ll see all our names there. It’s friendly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That’s weird. I set it to never expire.

Try now.

There’s a giant channel for all the former Marvel Heroes players too. It’s called Gay City, naturally.

The one we use for FF is called futurefightsafezone. You’ll see all our names there. It’s friendly.

Maybe it didn't like direct link clicking? It worked when i posted it into the app

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wow. I have a 6-star Anti-Man, only at 4-star mastery, with low-level gear and skills, and he just beat the Ebony Maw World Boss on his own. I think he's my next priority to T2.

So is AoA Wolverine legit banned from the PVP? It was kinda ridiculous being unable to damage him.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah, WBU is a real crock of poo poo; I couldn't even beat most of the 1st levels (Supergiant being the exception, after getting T2 RagnaLoki) until I got Jean. The good news is the rewards after phase 1 are mostly terrible, so you don't need to worry so much about not beating them.

Steve Vader posted:

So is AoA Wolverine legit banned from the PVP? It was kinda ridiculous being unable to damage him.

It's not a "ban" exactly, so much as they have "restricted" and "preferred" lists that rotate on a weekly basis to encourage people to build up different characters; Wolverine is on the restricted list for this week, so you can't use him in Timeline, but he could easily be let back in next week.

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 2, 2018

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Wow. I have a 6-star Anti-Man, only at 4-star mastery, with low-level gear and skills, and he just beat the Ebony Maw World Boss on his own. I think he's my next priority to T2.

You're not going to be able to T2 Anti Man for a really, really long time unless you want to fork out a whole bunch of real money.

He's pretty good at 6/6/15 though

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Kegslayer posted:

You're not going to be able to T2 Anti Man for a really, really long time unless you want to fork out a whole bunch of real money.

He's pretty good at 6/6/15 though

Why's that? I've got a few T2 Advancement tickets still sitting in my inventory. Or is leveling up his gear uniquely expensive?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Why's that? I've got a few T2 Advancement tickets still sitting in my inventory. Or is leveling up his gear uniquely expensive?

Leveling gear from 15-20 requires character bios. Unless you buy $ chests, the only method of procuring Anti-Man bios is through the Lab converter, where it would take you years so good luck w that

That said, he's fine at 15 so you can just accept this and move on with your life

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Leveling gear from 15-20 requires character bios. Unless you buy $ chests, the only method of procuring Anti-Man bios is through the Lab converter, where it would take you years so good luck w that

That said, he's fine at 15 so you can just accept this and move on with your life

Chests are gone anyway, Lab Converter is currently the only way to get them.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Fried Sushi posted:

Chests are gone anyway, Lab Converter is currently the only way to get them.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Speaking of, my X-23 literally only needs 6-9 bios to T2 and I bought 20 speed 10x conversions and have yet to see a single bio; so anecdotal claims that her rates are significantly worse than the Universal guys are anecdotally confirmed

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never really understood why everyone freaked out about the chests but its super weird to me that everyone kind of got placated by just getting rid of them and leaving it to the really slow Lab option. Like I get being mad that the only way to get bios was crystals. But once they added the slow non-money option getting rid of the crystal chests only made things harder for people who did want to spend.

That whole thing was just weird.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Speaking of, my X-23 literally only needs 6-9 bios to T2 and I bought 20 speed 10x conversions and have yet to see a single bio; so anecdotal claims that her rates are significantly worse than the Universal guys are anecdotally confirmed

I have bad news, she uses the x-gene converter not speed.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

STAC Goat posted:

Like I get being mad that the only way to get bios was crystals.

It wasn't that, exactly. There was no way to guarantee that you'd get them even WITH crystals. It was a blind box, so you could theoretically dump thousands and not get who you were looking for. If there was an option to just buy Nova / Anti-man with crystals straight up then some people would have been annoyed but it wouldn't have been boycott territory. Look at Adam Warlock -- he's a pretty crap deal but not many people are up in arms about it. It's just the gambling aspect that cheesed people off.

Now it's STILL gambling but a slot machine pull on the bio lab is much cheaper than hundreds of crystals to get one of the premium boxes was. People are also assuming there will be another way to get them eventually and that adding them to the converter was sort of a stopgap measure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I do get that "no guarantee" aspect. I guess I just never saw them as practically THAT different from Warlock or Magento. Or more I guess I just never really saw what the big deal was if a couple of characters were difficult to get. And the pay characters seem "worse" since they're actually requiring you spend money.

But like, I get the basic idea of it. I just never really understood the level of it with "boycott" fervor and the way it fizzled with the eliminate of the chests made it feel like the Chests just became this symbolic thing.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Fried Sushi posted:

:owned:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Fried Sushi posted:

How To Own Yourself: the Grummun Story

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Oh my god they're so easy to get, thank you so much friends

I'm gonna T2 herrrrr

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

NmareBfly posted:

It wasn't that, exactly. There was no way to guarantee that you'd get them even WITH crystals. It was a blind box, so you could theoretically dump thousands and not get who you were looking for. If there was an option to just buy Nova / Anti-man with crystals straight up then some people would have been annoyed but it wouldn't have been boycott territory. Look at Adam Warlock -- he's a pretty crap deal but not many people are up in arms about it. It's just the gambling aspect that cheesed people off.

Now it's STILL gambling but a slot machine pull on the bio lab is much cheaper than hundreds of crystals to get one of the premium boxes was. People are also assuming there will be another way to get them eventually and that adding them to the converter was sort of a stopgap measure.

Well it was a gamble and it wasn't.
After every fourth box (which they hosed up and always made it sound like it was the next box) you were garunteed an Anti-Man/Nova or Blue Marvel box.

Like it was a bad deal because you couldn't control which of them you would get and the communities reaction was mostly that they didn't want loot boxes getting hold because then they would spiral out. However you would always get A 6 star character (from a list of three) every X pulls, and that would become 256 bios after every X pulls.

Where as the bio processor is a loot box. Just one that can be pulled with farmable mats instead of money.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I do get that "no guarantee" aspect. I guess I just never saw them as practically THAT different from Warlock or Magento. Or more I guess I just never really saw what the big deal was if a couple of characters were difficult to get. And the pay characters seem "worse" since they're actually requiring you spend money.

But like, I get the basic idea of it. I just never really understood the level of it with "boycott" fervor and the way it fizzled with the eliminate of the chests made it feel like the Chests just became this symbolic thing.

I think it's cause one of the big pulls for this game was that it was that you actually had a chance to get all the characters unlike other gatcha games at the time.

Sure farming dudes like Thor or Black Bolt use to take you three months but at least you didn't have to pour hundreds to thousands of dollars in and still miss out. They also use to sell limited batches of biometrics and goons would stay up and try to buy them in the first five minutes before they were all sold out.

The last time they did a random box thing was for Captain Marvel's uniform where you'd basically need to spend a couple of thousand dollars to get it or some bullshit. It generated such a big backlash that they basically pulled the uniform to placate the whales.

I don't know what they were thinking of putting loot boxes in at a time where you have governments around the world looking to actually ban lootboxes in games.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

NmareBfly posted:

Luna is a pretty viable choice to 6* asap. She's a top tier speed character and those are sorta hard to come by. I don't have her gears upgraded all the way but she stomped a level 16ish SL stage this week for me which neither Kid Kaiju nor Ironheart can do totally reliably for me (also both at T1.)

Note that to eventually T2 her you'll need to bio sub but she seems totally viable to keep at 1 for a long while.

Is she an option from the selector though? They mighta changed new player rewards at some point.

I was able to use a 6* ticket on her. Thanks for the tips. She has been helping a bunch. I have Squirrel Girl at 6* as well and moving through her mastery but she seems very underwhelming. Any recommendations for SG?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Whoops. I took Black Panther to T2 with the event bios and somehow gave him my tanky CTP. He had no trouble with an SL rumble with it (didn't even scratch his paint job), but here's hoping his movie costume works with it or I'm out 600 crystals to pry it off him.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

For Luna's custom gear: dmg or invul?

What's she good for? She looks to have heals so maybe invul for PvP? Not sure if she needs dmg, mine is still only T1

Thoughts???

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Steve Vader posted:

ant man isnt good anymore. He was good back in the day when you could use him to just run around while your awesome strikers took down the boss but these days there's a ton more t2's that can just murder the boss outright. I wouldn't prioritize him at all.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

ant man isnt good anymore. He was good back in the day when you could use him to just run around while your awesome strikers took down the boss but these days there's a ton more t2's that can just murder the boss outright. I wouldn't prioritize him at all.

Anti-Man, not Ant Man.

Anti-Man is insane but also nigh impossible to get to t2 without a mega t2 ticket.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cinara posted:

Anti-Man, not Ant Man.

Anti-Man is insane but also nigh impossible to get to t2 without a mega t2 ticket.

it's monday :<

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

thechalkoutline posted:

For Luna's custom gear: dmg or invul?

What's she good for? She looks to have heals so maybe invul for PvP? Not sure if she needs dmg, mine is still only T1

Thoughts???

She does decent damage and control. I gave her a +cold damage custom gear I had with the freeze proc. She's pretty squishy on her own but I haven't figured out a good rotation yet and my cards haven't been optimized. First week I got her she helped Thor take down the squirrel girl/white tiger/etc rumble at SL 21 or 22, and since then she's been solid at clearing a teens level every week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Edit" misread. Monday. Lots of beer.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I accidentally gave Luna my CTP with all attack/ignore dodge/invuln. Seems pretty good I guess?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And there's our Klaw

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Patch notes out. black panther uniform has to be purchased as a “extreme” bundle, with no discount. Major bummer, wtf, why.
Also killmonger bio sub only. With a premium priced uniform.

Net marble just can’t help themselves. No saving this games downward spiral, sadly. :sigh:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Xenochrist posted:

Patch notes out. black panther uniform has to be purchased as a “extreme” bundle, with no discount. Major bummer, wtf, why.
Also killmonger bio sub only. With a premium priced uniform.

Net marble just can’t help themselves. No saving this games downward spiral, sadly. :sigh:

Black Panther's super uniform is going to cost like 6.6k isn't it?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Finally what we've all been asking for for years:

- You can now use Crystals as materials in the Processor up to certain times a day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only thing that really bugs me is that there's no note about fixing the Shadowland Rumble/Wave camera. Why can't people threaten to boycott the game over that?

I'l ACTUALLY get annoyed if the Black Panther Extreme Pack costs money. But I'm assuming its the 6000 crystal Magneto one and I can live with that, even if it means the new standard is hoarding crystals for the big releases.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 6, 2018

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

The only thing that really bugs me is that there's no note about fixing the Shadowland Rumble/Wave camera. Why can't people threaten to boycott the game over that?

I'l ACTUALLY get annoyed if the Black Panther Extreme Pack costs money. But I'm assuming its the 6000 crystal Magneto one and I can live with that, even if it means the new standard is hoarding crystals for the big releases.

Yes there is a note about fixing the camera use your EYES, nerd.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Imagine all the costumes Infinity War is going to bring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart simpson posted:

Yes there is a note about fixing the camera use your EYES, nerd.

I somehow missed that despite actively looking for it. I'm sorta dumb.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 6, 2018