Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Bleck posted:

is anyone more boring to watch/play against than Akuma, in literally every game with Akuma

Akuma is very entertaining in UMvC3, but only Justin Wong's Akuma, and also only when he's making a comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Ventana posted:

Akuma's pretty alright to watch in 3S, but that also depends on who else you'd find boring in 3S I guess

Yun, Makoto, Chun are the boringest of the boring in 3S

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Double Bill posted:

I can get behind Yun and Chun, but I love watching Makoto. I am biased though since I do try to play her myself

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Double Bill posted:

hayate kara-Kara loops are so fun tho

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey if you want to beat the golden shadaloo soldier just spam kolin's v-skill over and over again

it works

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

watching Japan EVO and i'm gonna say Abigail will be getting nerfed to poo poo soon

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

DLC Inc posted:

watching Japan EVO and i'm gonna say Abigail will be getting nerfed to poo poo soon

There's only two in the top 8

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey if you want to beat the golden shadaloo soldier just spam kolin's v-skill over and over again

it works

I already used all my tries and lost a bunch of fight money. Good thing I can earn it back with the halved payouts of the daily mission lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The shadaloo grunts suck. They’re inexplicably invincible on the recovery of their discount psycho crusher.

Good to know that capcom is throttling the hell out of fight money lol

Woden
May 6, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

Yeah, rip fun.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Monster Hunter costumes for Ken, Mika and Ibuki 🙌

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Juri is good

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

No Abigail in top5, see the character is fine

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Ventana posted:

I can get behind Yun and Chun, but I love watching Makoto. I am biased though since I do try to play her myself

yeah makoto is one of the most fun characters

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Double Bill posted:

No Abigail in top5, see the character is fine

Abigail is a Gatekeeper

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

We Know Catheters posted:

Monster Hunter costumes for Ken, Mika and Ibuki 🙌

Any costume that covers up Ken's face is a good one

Woden
May 6, 2006
The patch notes are in, RIP Abigail V Trigger 2.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'm confused, where are the Vega nerfs at?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Nice FANG buffs.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Nerfing Vega at this point would require them to remove him from the game completely.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Nerfing Vega at this point would require them to remove him from the game completely.

That would be a buff. Because the game. Is. SO. BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFr74zI1LBM

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Vega is fun to play if you just like poking people to death

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

Vega is fun to play if you just like poking people to death

I do in fact like that, which is why I mained him in SF4.
It's just a shame that good normals are non-existant in SFV and Vega lost all of his good and interesting stuff to become more like every other SFV character.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vega being motion makes no sense. At least let him have charge moves still like bison/chun

dont completely gently caress him into the dirt by making him the most boring stance character ever on top of it too

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Real hurthling! posted:

Vega being motion makes no sense. At least let him have charge moves still like bison/chun

dont completely gently caress him into the dirt by making him the most boring stance character ever on top of it too

In retrospect I’m almost thankful they destroyed my boy Vega so utterly. Sf5 came out right as I was getting back into fighters and them decharging my bestest and beautiful claw waifu was the deciding factor on me not buying this game. I’ll ride that schadenfreude to my grave.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I haven't played SFV since early in season 2. I'm hoping to keep that streak alive, but the possibility that G is actually Q has me worried.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Does anyone know where I can download the Madcatz SFV stick software? The one that makes the computer think its Xinput? I forgot to save the file and of course madcatz is gone now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gutcruncher posted:

Does anyone know where I can download the Madcatz SFV stick software? The one that makes the computer think its Xinput? I forgot to save the file and of course madcatz is gone now.

https://rebyte.me/en/madcatz/

Alternatively, here is the actual madcatz driver index for their SFV products archived on wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20170530120159/http://downloads.madcatzhosting.com/full/SFV/Win10/

teagone fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 4, 2018

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

A.o.D. posted:

I'm no expert but everyone is saying he a lot better than he was. his anti air options is his big buff and it feels like in general his hit boxes got better while in claw.

but some of his frame traps were changed or don't work anymore. his ex fba come down is slower and you cant do the light roll loop anymore. I personally think clawless is pretty underwhelming considereing the changes to command grabs.

put me in the camp of liking Vega not being a charge character. I've always liked Vega and never got to fully play him because I'm really bad with chargers so color me shocked when he was changed.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 4, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

zooted heh posted:

I'm no expert but everyone is saying he a lot better than he was. his anti air options is his big buff and it feels like in general his hit boxes got better while in claw.

but some of his frame traps were changed or don't work anymore. his ex fba come down is slower and you cant do the light roll loop anymore. I personally think clawless is pretty underwhelming considereing the changes to command grabs.

put me in the camp of liking Vega not being a charge character. I've always liked Vega and never got to fully play him because I'm really bad with chargers so color me shocked when he was changed.

That's odd. Every discussion I've seen of Vega so far is that he's easily the worst character in the game right now.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
I don't see how Vega could be worse than Zeku.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

A.o.D. posted:

That's odd. Every discussion I've seen of Vega so far is that he's easily the worst character in the game right now.

There are no Vega discussions because no one even has a rough estimation of what the hell he does in this game

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I would agree with you if they did all those changes and didn't change how every single of of his anti air options works. season 3 is like night and day to season 1 and 2.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Ed is fun to play. The way he controls isn't that difficult to figure out after a little while.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I think Vega's problem might be how his entire moveset is designed with the assumption that his opponent has never played Street Fighter before

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ah man I was too addicted to Monster Hunter and forgot to do the second Rashid event. Any chance it will come back in a few months?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

fadam posted:

Ah man I was too addicted to Monster Hunter and forgot to do the second Rashid event. Any chance it will come back in a few months?

TBH, I wanna say that it will probably come back on sale at some point, but I believe there have been a few timed exclusive things that have not gone on sale in a bundle/at a later date. I believe some of the CPT, Halloween, and Christmas items were limited time only. I know some have come back up for sale again but I'm not sure about all of them.

I also thought Capcom would've released the EX colors for sale but that still hasn't happened either so who knows.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Bleck posted:

I think Vega's problem might be how his entire moveset is designed with the assumption that his opponent has never played Street Fighter before

He's a character based around having good pokes...that doesn't actually have any good pokes(his claw normals are surrounded in hurtboxes because lol SFV).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They should've redesigned Vega into being an ugly old man and not having his claw or mask anymore.
It would've beep a perfect fit for SFV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Jack Trades posted:

They should've redesigned Vega into being an ugly old man and not having his claw or mask anymore.
It would've beep a perfect fit for SFV.

realtalk, Vega as a desperate aging narcissist who has clearly had botox and some kind of hair-related surgery would be amazing