Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

I [38M] had an affair. I'm trying to find a resolution now with my wife [36F] and the other woman [19F]

Tale as old as holy poo poo :distonk:

Livin the god drat dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Blade Runner posted:

On the one side, it's his decision and nobody else's

On the other, taking his wife's name is the literal sitcom over the top parody thing to show that a dude is a complete loving sissy, so yeah, duh

People are gonna assume you're a sissy for it

Maybe he shouldn't associate with people who take their social mores from bad sitcoms then

There's nothing wrong with taking your wife's name

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Danaru posted:

I [38M] had an affair. I'm trying to find a resolution now with my wife [36F] and the other woman [19F]

I'm glad he explained it all logically and calmly now i am on his side and agree to his plan of having two wives, very smart guy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Danaru posted:

holy poo poo, why would a woman with no resources or skills of her own agree to that pre-nup

He's got her over a barrel

This fuckin' guy, man. "I slept around on my wife because I have needs. No, we still have sex, I meant I have the need to sleep around. Anyway, I'm just gonna bring in the woman I've been cheating with to live with us so I can gently caress her in front of my wife all the time and she's just gonna have to deal because it's that or starve to death I guess lol where's the cocaine"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love the super casual “yeah Ive attempted to trap my wife into a marriage through financial control”

Also lmao this dude is a walking two child support and alimony monster

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

girl pants posted:

I told my fiance that he should change his last name to mine and I'll change my last name to his

That'll keep 'em on their toes

My partner and I debated this as well, but we really do want the same last name, and neither of us are attached to either of our (very plain, average) last names, and we couldn't think of any brand new names we both seriously liked. We joked about making it Etheridge or DeGeneres, but it didn't really catch on. So we're combining our names into one that sounds reasonable. If anyone gives me any poo poo for "tradition" or whatever...I don't know what they want from us, as lesbian weddings aren't particularly traditional.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I still can't get over this, he's not asking the Internet if they think it'd be a good idea for him to propose this arrangement, he already did it and his question is "how do I get my wife to stop whining and crying all the time because it's really bringing me down"

the guy is literally a soap-opera villain

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I am fairly sure you cannot do that with a pre nup but ianal

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cant imagine that prenup will hold up in court since theyre only intended to protect assets held upon joining the marriage. Child support will absolutely blast him through the ringer though regardless.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Danaru posted:

I've heard prenups aren't always enforcible in cases like this.

God willing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Did some digging in the comments and

quote:

it was not officially done with a lawyer but at the time of signing my wife didn't speak English very well, so she is not aware of whether it's official or not.

quote:

It was not an official prenup but she thinks it is. At the time of signing she did not speak very good English and did not know much about US Law.

quote:

It is not masculine to give in to a woman when she did not even earn any of that money. She doesn't work and never have. It's ethically not hers.

Jesus Christ

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Danaru posted:

Jesus Christ

"Start Killing People"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Not ethically hers?

Ok. Pay for all those meals she cooked, plus surrogate fees for those children, childcare...

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Danaru posted:

Jesus Christ

You missed this one

quote:

Females do not crave variety, only hypergamy.

My guess is that he's just an incel troll.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Hallo r/relationships, people don't seem to like it when I do awful, demeaning things to them and ruin their lives. How can I convince them to do a better job of hiding their suffering from me?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Danaru posted:

Jesus Christ

ok if this guy isn't a new villain character some writer is workshopping he's gotta be a troll, it's one or the other

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

He is going to get assfucked raw and I wish I could be there to watch (and clean up)

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Danaru posted:

How enforceable are prenups?

Edit: :murder:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

girl pants posted:

How enforceable are prenups?

Edit: :murder:

Well, given that this one was secured under false pretenses and also patently unfair and also not actually legal....probably not much. Hope the wife gets a really good lawyer who speaks really good English

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Well, given that this one was secured under false pretenses and also patently unfair and also not actually legal....probably not much. Hope the wife gets a really good lawyer who speaks really good English

Dont think they need any more english than to know “present the evidence” and “how many zeroes are you seeking in alimony”

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I hope his wife hits him with a brick.

Why did he even get married?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So dude doesn’t know where Alma lives but Sasha keylogged him to find out where Alma lives? Stdh.txt

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He said in the story she Facebook stalked her and used Google maps to match her house (he didn't say the Google maps part but that's how she would have done it)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

dudeness posted:

I'm glad he explained it all logically and calmly now i am on his side and agree to his plan of having two wives, very smart guy.

this is how the wife and the 2nd wife start to plot his murder and cover it up as a suicide

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Me 19 F with my boyfriend 21 M two years, is going to jerk off for an artist to paint his his erection

quote:

My boyfriend and I live up north, and we are very commited to eachother. Recently he and I have befriended an artist and gallery owner M45ish, and he has been painting my boyfriend naked in exchange for money. Let me clarify that I have no problem with him doing this, and do not think it is a sexual thing.

However the artist has asked my boyfriend if in the next session he can masturbate so he can paint his erection. Artist is gay but is in a relationship (unsure if they are open or not) so unsure if he is interested in my partner, he most likely isn't, however the thought of my partner masturbating in front of ANYBODY makes me feel uncomfortable, however irrational that is in this situation. I tried to voice this to my boyfriend when it came up in conservation in the car, he is going to meet up with him tomorrow and carry out the masturbation. I told him it makes me feel uncomfortable and I wish it didn't but he told me that it's his body and he needs the money and I cannot dictate what he does with his body especially if the whole experience is artistically driven as opposed to sexually. All of our flatmates agreed and told me I was being silly. I said that isn't it up to me to define my personal boundries of cheating and if he does not agree with those he should break up with me. Now I know that was too harsh.

I know what he said is true but I cannot shake off feelings of discomfort at the thought of him going through with it, and the fact he did not consult me before he agreed to it upsets me however irrational that is.

Let me state that we are in an interesting arrangement in which he is monogamous to me yet he says I can sleep with whoever as he is more free (I haven't and won't), as is most of our friend group including flatmates. I guess I am more of a prude.

What are my options here, do I apologise? Is this a dealbreaker?

tldr: boyfriend refuses to cancel on a man he is going to masturbate in front of just for art and money, is he justified?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's going to paint his erection all right. With his tongue

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Palpek posted:

Me 19 F with my boyfriend 21 M two years, is going to jerk off for an artist to paint his his erection

Think really really really hard; harder than you ever have before in your life and maybe just maybe youll be able to puzzle out an answer.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Danaru posted:

Someone help me I can't stop laughing.

I'm gonna die.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

Murder

Also your wife is going to ruin you. Also good.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I just want to point out that this is an amazing paragraph

quote:

I told her that what I'd IDEALLY like to do is have the other woman and her child move in with us, for a few reasons. first of all, this other woman is financially struggling and she could live with us as a live-in nanny of sorts to our two children. It sounds weird, but she's already told me she's fine with this arrangement. In addition, if I could get my wife on board with a polyamory situation, I could continue sleeping with both women and have TWO happy marriages instead of one. My wife cried when I suggested this but as the days go on I think she might be coming around to it because the alternative is so much more unappealing.

He doesn't even know if the kid is his, but his elaborate plans for a treefort house with two wives to gently caress on a fun island adventure are well underway

quote:

I told her she'd get more of my time, attention, and I'd spend way less time out of the house since this other woman would be living with us. We also would no longer have to spend money on high school aged babysitters we don't trust, rushing to find them in time for date night, etc. And since I want more sex than my wife does, this arrangement would mean less "annoying" propositions from me and more time for her to enjoy herself alone.

So you see, I'm basically doing you a favor, it's all upside and no downside

Also why does it read like she can go sit in a corner, alone, the way she prefers, lmao

Today on wife swap: watch a man propose the Texarrakis of Marriages

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Danaru posted:

Will this pre-nup even work? It doesn't sound like it would work.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Do you know what works? A gun.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
Lol@wanting to be monogamous with your partner makes you a prude now apparently

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The man is a complete loving piece of poo poo but god drat, the balls on him to pull that

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

girl pants posted:

Lol@wanting to be monogamous with your partner makes you a prude now apparently

I have run into this argument here and IRL!

*sounds the Blue Train siren*

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Blade Runner posted:

The man is a complete loving piece of poo poo but god drat, the balls on him to pull that

It honestly sounds like sociopathy. The feelings of his wife or his teenage lover seem never to have crossed his mind.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

girl pants posted:

Maybe he shouldn't associate with people who take their social mores from bad sitcoms then

There's nothing wrong with taking your wife's name

Also, for this, whether there's something wrong with it and whether or not you'll get made fun of for it are entirely different things. Unless he just wants to not associate with the vast majority of people, he's gonna get people making fun of him.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zakharov posted:

It honestly sounds like sociopathy. The feelings of his wife or his teenage lover seem never to have crossed his mind.

Sociopathy, redpill, same thing.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

zakharov posted:

I feel like this man lives in a literal skull shaped house, as he is a cartoon villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
He literally used the term "hypergamy". The dude is either an MRA, Incel, or redpiller or some combination of all three and he can eat poo poo and die.