Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Oh dear.
It uh looks like he basically... grew his Kindly Folk bug-mandibles out and grew a bunch of mega fangs on them, sort of jury-rigging massive dragon jaws out of much less impressive mandibles.
That seems well within the bounds of whatever made him huge and unkillable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
How many pages until we reach his butt tree moment and we do a one-eighty on him like with Mottom?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Oh man. This put that whole "This is your choice? To slay the dragon and drink his blood?" line in a whole new context.

He wasn't just looking disgusted because she was failing but also because she was gearing up to basically a murder the setting equivalent of a senile old man that probably hates himself.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Mottom's gonna roll in hot and Mammon's gonna cape for the adorable and polite visitor who just popped in. They argue and Allison slips out with the loot.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Paramemetic posted:

Mottom's gonna roll in hot and Mammon's gonna cape for the adorable and polite visitor who just popped in. They argue and Allison slips out with the loot.

Speaking of loot, I'm starting to doubt Mammon is even aware he's in possession of Zaid, let alone aware he's implicated by the others as holding him.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gally posted:

Wow, what a sad dog :(

And to the poster before wondering about Mammons skull - I think he's using a decaying whale skull as a reference for Mammaon snout, like the one below.

Oh look, its Coyote!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Darth Walrus posted:

We do specifically see his jaws hinge horizontally in the latest page, though.

Boy got proper squid-mouth.

Proper artistic royalty is being inspired and then flagrantly breaking the laws of physics relating to the inspiration.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Bell_ posted:

How many pages until we reach his butt tree moment and we do a one-eighty on him like with Mottom?
If his tether to reality is as loose as it looks, he might just lose track of their conversation and start imagining he's in the middle of the Universal War and she's someone he doesn't like.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

PMush Perfect posted:

Is Mammon Keter-class?

Glad I'm not the only one triggered by that image

Just die already you smug loving crocodile :argh:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Never got why people were so enamored with that SCP in particular, it's whole shtick is just "it's strong and can't be killed" that's literally it

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
It was fun reading the log of it versus the other scps. Pretty much it

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah, it did have some good log entries.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
mammon theories:

1) kind people are usually pretty kind just by their nature after all.
2) they never stop growing thru their whole lives and that's why not only mammon is big but all his dead clanspeople are big bones now.
3) I hope Alison can recruit one someday

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

I was all ready for Al-Yisun to slay the dragon, drink its blood and claim Royalty but with that one line... guys, how do we help Mammon?

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

Moreau posted:

I was all ready for Al-Yisun to slay the dragon, drink its blood and claim Royalty but with that one line... guys, how do we help Mammon?

Seems a bit rhetorical.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Moreau posted:

Maybe it's like some hosed up CLAMP story and Mammon's definition of "help" is to slay him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ThaumPenguin posted:

Never got why people were so enamored with that SCP in particular, it's whole shtick is just "it's strong and can't be killed" that's literally it
Most of the old SCPs weren't actually any good. Survivor bias, nostalgia, etc. 682 was one of the few decent living ones that wasn't just 'cool guy what has superpowers'.

Edit: Or 'hot girl what has super powers'.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Allison is going to wait forever as he recounts because he lost his place so he has to start all over again on every single gold piece there is~

He has a key in his head though so might be able to shortcut that? :crossarms:

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot
want to extricate some swords from that good dog

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SniperWoreConverse posted:

mammon theories:

2) they never stop growing thru their whole lives and that's why not only mammon is big but all his dead clanspeople are big bones now.

The first time I read this I thought you were saying that their bones kept growing even after they died.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I can't figure out any other way to read it.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

*ahem*

pseudorandom name posted:

So has anybody considered the idea that Mammon's family deserved to die, he was right to kill them, and all the statues and such he put up afterwards are because he's sad?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Jesus this update

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Pity Him.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well this seems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAuIY58nv_k

Familiar

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I thought I already did. Jesus.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
what a nice dog

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well this explains a lot

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like why all the priests are scarred badasses. You kind of take it for granted that "oh yeah you have to be a scarred-up badass to make it in this place" but no, there's actually a specific reason and it's because they're all a bunch of warriors who couldn't bring themselves to murder this sad old dog

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Xarbala posted:

Like why all the priests are scarred badasses. You kind of take it for granted that "oh yeah you have to be a scarred-up badass to make it in this place" but no, there's actually a specific reason and it's because they're all a bunch of warriors who couldn't bring themselves to murder this sad old dog

Judging from all the swords, a hell of a lot of them tried. It just doesn't work.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Can't beat em, join em

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm going to do it, I'm going to kill this dog

*stabs dog a few times while he looks at you with puppy dog eyes*

I can't do it, I can't kill this dog

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Ia! Ia! Pity him!

:smith:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Schwarzwald posted:

:sigh: This is going to get rough.

I was right.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mammon's head is way too big for this to work.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's a fairly interesting reversal going on here where the real thing being hoarded away isn't all the infinite riches, it's Mammon himself by people who are (while certainly doing it out of what appears to be genuine compassion) are selfishly keeping Mammon from achieving his wishes. I like how Abaddon gets that it's not just enough that the power holders of this world are awful loving people, it's that their presence has dragged down so many others with them and given them the same ill behaviors that perpetuates the whole vicious cycle.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Demiurges are living (demi-)gods. They warp everyone and everything around them, like gravity, and since they got to where they are through murderous regicide they don't warp you into nice shapes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yabalchoath probably just asked Mammon politely for the key.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Yabalchoath probably just asked Mammon politely for the key.

i could actually see that

then the scandalized priests of the count took matters into their own hands to deal with her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

can you blame them from doing what they can to keep mammon around as their own adorable monster demigod grandpa?