Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Moon Door 5 was a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Some Numbers posted:

Cold Steel is way nicer than Sky, in that volumes you missed show up at the Pawn Shop.

I haven't been keeping up with checking that either :negative:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Huriri_sen/status/959076063778299905

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

BrightWing posted:

I haven't been keeping up with checking that either :negative:

Recipes too

Sometimes you have to leave and come back to refresh the pawn shop items

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/_AetherStar/status/955348132111568896

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Cute, but...

"You're Estelle. He's Joshua. Together you fight crime! Apart you also fight crime!"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There is also Trails in the Sky 3rd and Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure and Trails of Cold Steel 1 and Trails of Cold Steel 2 and Trails of Cold Steel 3 and Trails of Cold Steel 4 and everything that comes after that, SO

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I can't be the only one who thinks that "Trails of Azure" sounds better, right?

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
i haven't played the crossbell games nor am i sure this warrants a spoiler but i'm pretty sure the entire trails plot summary is: two guys play the longest game of one upsmanship 10th dimensional political chess throughout at least one entire continent

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Some Numbers posted:

No one in the entire country knows what azure means

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Terper posted:

There is also Trails in the Sky 3rd and Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure and Trails of Cold Steel 1 and Trails of Cold Steel 2 and Trails of Cold Steel 3 and Trails of Cold Steel 4 and everything that comes after that, SO

Hahaha

Keeping in mind that I haven't played 3rd (or Azure or CS) and only know nebulous things about it:

"In 3rd, Kevin fights time crime!"
"In Azure, cops fight crime!"
"In CS, highschoolers fight political corruption!"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

The Geofront editing team is going with it because "Trails from Zero to Azure".

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

^^^: Fair enough, that makes more sense.

Metroixer posted:

i haven't played the crossbell games nor am i sure this warrants a spoiler but i'm pretty sure the entire trails plot summary is: two guys play the longest game of one upsmanship 10th dimensional political chess throughout at least one entire continent

Do you mean Osbourne and Olivert? Because if so, that's part of it, but not the overarching plot.

The overarching plot is laid out in Sky SC: Ouroboros is trying to gather all of the Sept-Terrions and huge amounts of poo poo keep happening when those things get uncovered.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Metroixer posted:

It’s this but also the church and president rocksmith

If I have kids I might make rocksmith the middle name because it sounds so cool

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
From what I understand in the Trails series (played Sky 1-3 / CS1 so far), the premise is that everybody is playing against each other, except that the house is Cassius and he always wins no matter who's having an advantage.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Chugging along in 3rd, just got to the 6th layer. Finally got to that CS prologue door.

Olivier is a fun dude.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/959180094601400322

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Huriri_sen/status/959442006777868289

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Star Door 15 was certainly a thing. :smith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's rough, but you should be able to open Star Door 14 now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:allears:

SC chatter:

Chapter 2 was okay, but listen, doing a retread of Ruan, Zeiss and now Grancel just to give tiny hints about the plot and introduce the new villains is, hm. Not a fan of this pacing, especially after the high-speed adrenaline rush that was the finale of FC and opening of this game. Trying to be both relaxed adventure and chasing up the new villains isn't gelling very well.

...But I'm nitpicking. And probably overdosed on Trails at the moment. So I've been taking things a lot slower and using that walkthrough....and yeah I missed some chests already. :sigh: I am not going to replay the entire game, I am not going to replay the entire game....

Other notes: Tying the latest villain in with Zin is really good - I like how all of the villains so far tie into the world? They're simultaneously psychopaths out of nowhere and grounded in the lore of the game - Lorence is tied with Hamel like Joshua is, the Phantom Thief was floating around in the first game, and fleshing out Zin's backstory is a good move, given that he's your mysterious Eastern monk figure.

- Something that's making this game a little harder to play through is that I'm not familiar with the plot movements, and basically between that and having to use a walkthrough instead of a checklist - well, it's slightly more troublesome to relax while playing. This is on me, and I'm working through my frustration as best I can, because all of the dialogue is just as good.

- I still love the NPCs and their stories. They're what's carrying the thin parts of the plot here!

In conclusion, I really like Agate now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, I found Chapter 2 to be one of the weaker ones. Chapter 3-6 are a lot better.

StrixNebulosa posted:

In conclusion, I really like Agate now.
:allears:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Is zin’s thunder kick still bugged op in SC or did they fix it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They fixed it but True Distend was always his real strongest craft anyway.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
They fixed it in 3rd but I think it still does [enemies hit] times too much damage in SC.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

They fixed it in 3rd but I think it still does [enemies hit] times too much damage in SC.

Can confirm its this, Zin is Good.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, in SC it's still bugged. Maybe they left that in on purpose?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/huri_kiseki/status/959621593314967553

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I swear it was an accident!!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/huri_kiseki/status/959833674651877376

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a recommended weapon to make with the zemurian ore in Trails 3?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ryuga Death posted:

Is there a recommended weapon to make with the zemurian ore in Trails 3?

I would get a katana, because the character who uses katanas and doesn't get a free Zemurian-level one is loving broken and easily did the most damage in the last fight.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Anyone who is a heavy hitter. So characters like Ries, Agate, Joshua, and Richard make great candidates if you don't have anyone in particular in mind. Though also remember you can practically get a bonus Zemurian Ore weapon if you can clear the Nightmare arena with Anelace if you've got the sword from her door.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

GrandpaPants posted:

I would get a katana, because the character who uses katanas and doesn't get a free Zemurian-level one is loving broken and easily did the most damage in the last fight.

Sorry, I'm really stupid, but this means I should get Richard's weapon, right?

Alard posted:

Anyone who is a heavy hitter. So characters like Ries, Agate, Joshua, and Richard make great candidates if you don't have anyone in particular in mind. Though also remember you can practically get a bonus Zemurian Ore weapon if you can clear the Nightmare arena with Anelace if you've got the sword from her door.

Thanks for the advice. My current team is Kevin, Ries, Renne, and Richard. I just finished the Anelace upgrade. I guess that's two off the list. What about the other two?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ryuga Death posted:

Sorry, I'm really stupid, but this means I should get Richard's weapon, right?

Thanks for the advice. My current team is Kevin, Ries, Renne, and Richard. I just finished the Anelace upgrade. I guess that's two off the list. What about the other two?

Scythes don't get artes boosters, so there's not much point in making that. It's just a beatstick. Don't bother with that one.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So what're the odds of the Crossbell games seeing a release? kinda get the impression I'm missing a *lot* by not playing them as I wait for TOCS2.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I'd be surprised if we don't see an official release for them eventually. But thankfully fan translations are being worked on and from the sounds of it good progress has been made on them.

Also if you're wondering you don't really need them for CS2, though they help with one part.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

tithin posted:

So what're the odds of the Crossbell games seeing a release? kinda get the impression I'm missing a *lot* by not playing them as I wait for TOCS2.

Crossbell is like the most intricate and difficult to translate

It’s like captain ahab hunting move dick

So I think xseed will try it in between 3 and 6 years

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Billzasilver posted:

Crossbell is like the most intricate and difficult to translate

It’s like captain ahab hunting move dick

So I think xseed will try it in between 3 and 6 years

What makes it so difficult to translate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they are, contrary to what is often said, of a similar script size to the rest. the actual difficulty is that Ao never came out on PC and would need to be ported, on top of the usual problem of massive effort fairly modest reward