Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

First Dusty Classic match is ... TM61 losing to AoP

Okay

:lol: What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

You see they are small :science:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guess...maybe TM-61 vs. TUE at NOLA?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I guess the mighty kneeled :smug:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Honestly I'm more baffled that AoP is still hanging around

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

I guess...maybe TM-61 vs. TUE at NOLA?

Probably AOP vs TUE vs Sanity knowing WWE.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kairi has massive heat For showing up to Bito's farewell. Sarah Stock is closely attached to her professionally and has been forced into saying some extremely hosed up things to kairi because of it, without being allowed to explain why. On January 6th Stock called her and said, "duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. durr" and then didn't say anything else for 45 seconds until Kairi hung up

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Benne posted:

Getting called up during RR to Mania season is never really good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Probably AOP vs TUE vs Sanity knowing WWE.

That sounds fun but not nearly as awesome as AoP vs Revival vs DIY.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I would have been more surprised if they had been earlier than a post-Mania-Raw/SD callup

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

I would have been more surprised if they had been earlier than a post-Mania-Raw/SD callup

They're probably hoping The Bar can hold together long enough to get squashed on the post-Mania Raw.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

They're probably hoping literally anybody in Raw's tag team division can hold together long enough to get squashed on the post-Mania Raw.

fyp

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Heath and Rhyno seem fine!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Revival have been fully healthy for what, over two full weeks now? That's a record

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AoP show up the night after Raw and are just handed the belts by default because every other team crumbled to dust

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gaz-L posted:

You see they are small :science:

Is it too late to rename them to The Mighty Mighty and call them up to be Sami's ska minions?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DarkstarIV posted:

For context, Shayna beat Kairi clean via submission, after she prevented Kairi from using the elbow drop. Like I wouldn't care under normal circumstances, but it's really not a good look for Kairi who was eliminated by Dana Brooke in the Royal Rumble, and now lost to Shayna. Makes me wonder if she has heat on her for whatever reason.

Again with this stuff. Your waifu is going to be fine, chill out.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Aleister Black beat Killian and is presumably getting Almas in NOLA

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 3, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Once again, Kairi literally just took Alicia Fox's spot. That's why she was eliminated so fast. The fact that they picked her to take that spot and be in the Royal Rumble would indicate the opposite of her having heat or things looking bad for. It would in fact indicate that they are very high on her!

Almost like immediately putting her over in a huge tournament right after they sign her.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Once again, Kairi literally just took Alicia Fox's spot. That's why she was eliminated so fast. The fact that they picked her to take that spot and be in the Royal Rumble would indicate the opposite of her having heat or things looking bad for. It would in fact indicate that they are very high on her!

Almost like immediately putting her over in a huge tournament right after they sign her.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I could hear Vince screaming when she did the elbow during the countdown. (Even though that shouldn't be an issue because if it was real, why would you stop fighting and trying to take people out when the timer's going down?)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I could hear Vince screaming when she did the elbow during the countdown. (Even though that shouldn't be an issue because if it was real, why would you stop fighting and trying to take people out when the timer's going down?)

If wrestling were real, why would you do a top rope move ever when an opponent helpless enough to let that happen could just get punched in the face repeatedly?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If wrestling were real, why would you do a top rope move ever when an opponent helpless enough to let that happen could just get punched in the face repeatedly?

Because there's no such thing as a ref stoppage in WWE.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Because there's no such thing as a ref stoppage in WWE.

In the time it would take to climb to the top rope, jump, and hit an elbow drop you could land like 20 punches to the face, which would hurt a fuckton more and put them in more of a position to be defeated than an elbow drop.

Or you could choke them out.

Or break their arm or leg.

Wrestling not being real is a major part of what makes it good.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/959603710644117510
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/959604708485844996

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

AoP are my strong friends and will never let me down by losing to a couple of aussholes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/959606511587774470

Dakota finally won something :unsmith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm gonna give Aleister and Almas a preemptive "good luck" following Gargano and Ciampa. They are going to need it.

Like, people keep telling me Gargano and Ciampa "doesn't need the title" and it doesn't look like it's gonna have it, but, uh...shouldn't your hottest program have the title on it?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/959607039487041537

Well there is your first match for Takeover: New Orleans.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

I'm gonna give Aleister and Almas a preemptive "good luck" following Gargano and Ciampa. They are going to need it.

Like, people keep telling me Gargano and Ciampa "doesn't need the title" and it doesn't look like it's gonna have it, but, uh...shouldn't your hottest program have the title on it?

They may do DIY EXPLODES as the main event.

Also, the sign thing is pure Yes Movement plants. Center Stage gotta Center Stage.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Aleister and Alma’s better get some batshit entrances at mania takeover

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

They may do DIY EXPLODES as the main event.

Also, the sign thing is pure Yes Movement plants. Center Stage gotta Center Stage.

That's just a different problem, though, which is the NXT Championship not main eventing, which has been happening kind of a lot lately and has been taking some shine off of the title. My point is the title's been getting overshadowed a lot lately (by DIY, by Asuka, by WarGames and ADAM COLE BAYBAY, etc.) and Gargano/Almas did a lot to counter that and moving Gargano out of the title picture when he's the hottest he's ever been in his career to feud with Ciampa...I dunno. Feels like the title's gonna be overshadowed again even if Black and Almas will be absolutely incredible, which I'm sure it will be.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

That's just a different problem, though, which is the NXT Championship not main eventing, which has been happening kind of a lot lately and has been taking some shine off of the title. My point is the title's been getting overshadowed a lot lately (by DIY, by Asuka, by WarGames and ADAM COLE BAYBAY, etc.) and Gargano/Almas did a lot to counter that and moving Gargano out of the title picture when he's the hottest he's ever been in his career to feud with Ciampa...I dunno. Feels like the title's gonna be overshadowed again even if Black and Almas will be absolutely incredible, which I'm sure it will be.

I don't see that as an inherent problem except in the context of how WWE does things. ROH headlines with the tag titles sometimes. New Japan will headline with almost any of the singles belts. Building up your tag titles and women's title as potential main event level doesn't hurt your main title, it gives people a reason to get heavily invested in those feuds because if they're over enough, then they'll go on top.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

In the time it would take to climb to the top rope, jump, and hit an elbow drop you could land like 20 punches to the face, which would hurt a fuckton more and put them in more of a position to be defeated than an elbow drop.

Or you could choke them out.

Or break their arm or leg.

Wrestling not being real is a major part of what makes it good.

It is, however, often better if the two participants behave in accordance with the fictional construct of a sporting contest, which means one should be trying to WIN.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/959616388276113408

Another match was set for Takeover: New Orleans. I assume the March tapings will be a bunch of undercard matches being set up.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Black and Almas are more than good enough to pick up the crowd after its exerted itself. It’s Mania weekend

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's the full taping results for posterity

quote:

Dark match --

- Kassius Ohno defeated John Skyler

Ohno won in a minute with an elbow strike.

NXT TV tapings --

- Nikki Cross defeated Vanessa Borne

This appeared to be them re-taping a match that took place the night before. Borne came out with a whip and licked Cross' ear during their first match, but she didn't do either of those things here.

- Adam Cole defeated Cezar Bononi

Cole told the crowd that the 2017 NXT Future Star Award winner should join Undisputed Era. Kyle O’Reilly then tossed Bononi an Undisputed Era shirt. He sold putting it on, but Cole punched him before he could.

After some interference, Bononi made his comeback before getting superkicked and taking a Shining Wizard for the finish.

- Velveteen Dream defeated Tyler Bate

Both were really over, with Dream getting a superstar reaction. He won with the Purple Rainmaker in 8-10 minutes.

- Shayna Baszler defeated Kairi Sane

In a rematch of the Mae Young Classic finals, Baszler got the win this time as she submitted Sane with a choke.

Baszler ran to the announce table after the match and called Ember Moon a coward. She said she's leaving with Moon's title or a limb the next time they face each other.

- Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega did an in-ring promo where they insulted Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae. They were interrupted by Aleister Black and then Killian Dain, with Dain laying out Black to end the segment.

Dain and Black later faced off in what was essentially a number one contender's match.

- Ricochet defeated Fabian Aichner

Ricochet, who wrestled using that name, made his NXT in-ring debut and defeated Aichner with a 630. The crowd popped louder for Ricochet than anything else on the Atlanta tapings and he came off as a main event superstar.

- William Regal came out and announced that the "first three rounds" of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic would take place tonight, but it seems like he may have meant the first three matches.

- The Authors of Pain defeated TM61 in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match

This was a rematch of the 2016 Dusty Classic finals. The result was the same as that match, with AOP advancing. The crowd was behind TM61 and were willing them to try to win.

- Bianca Belair defeated an enhancement wrestler

Belair won with a reverse powerbomb. She received a louder reaction than the night before and the crowd seems to get more invested each time she appears.

- Tommaso Ciampa entered, didn't say a word, and got massive heat for several minutes. He took a Johnny Gargano sign from a fan in the crowd and destroyed it with his crutch.

During the segment, the crowd told Ciampa that he sucks and chanted for Gargano. They booed every time the microphone would go close to Ciampa's lips.

- Aleister Black defeated Killian Dain

They had a good match that ended with Black winning.

- The Street Profits defeated Heavy Machinery in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match

Montez Ford got the pin following a frog splash.

- Ciampa was back out and again couldn't get a word out. The crowd had Gargano signs that had been given to them.

- Dakota Kai defeated Lacey Evans

Kai pinned Evans with a schoolboy. After the match, Baszler came out to attack Kai again but Moon made the save. Moon and Baszler got into it, and Kai saved Moon from Baszler trying to break her arm. Moon then hit Baszler with The Eclipse.

Moon defending the NXT Women's Championship against Baszler is official for TakeOver: New Orleans.

- SAnitY (Eric Young & Alexander Wolfe) defeated Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match

SAnitY advanced with their double-team finisher where Young hits a neckbreaker. Sabbatelli and Moss continued to tease dissension.

- WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne defeated Adam Cole by DQ

This was a great match despite the crowd not loving the finish. The disqualification came when Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly interfered as Dunne was trying to hit Cole with the Bitter End.

Roderick Strong saved Dunne from a three-on-one beatdown, then Dunne shrugged off Strong's handshake.

- A contract signing for Almas defending the NXT Championship against Black at TakeOver: New Orleans closed the episode. Vega came out alone, but Black didn't believe her. She and Black went back and forth, with Vega eventually slapping him.

Black signed the contract and said he's glad Vega came alone -- because he didn't. LeRae then came into the ring and fought off Vega.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean I wanted Black and Dream to be partners but Black and LeRae is definitely an acceptable substitute.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

A little weird to keep Candace involved when Johnny isn't.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There is one more taping before Takeover in March at Full Sail.

But yeah I am surprised we got no real answers on what next on Gargano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They’re being about as explicit as it gets? Unless you believe the whole crowd at the taping brought their own identical johnny gags emoji signs. But yeah unless they’re doing an Almas / Ciampa vs Black / Gags tag match at some point, it’s unclear why Candace was in a Black/Almas angle