Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Making fun of obvious closet cases who actively campaign again LGBT rights is actually cool and good.

If he didn't want schools to out gay kids to their parents without their consent, among other things, speculating about his insaitiable lust for cock would be wrong. As it is, it's perfectly okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
This is why, for all his faults, I didn't think outing and shaming Baird was a good idea. When it came to LGBT rights he did of a track record of voting against party interests for it. So I mean, kudos.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PT6A posted:

Making fun of obvious closet cases who actively campaign again LGBT rights is actually cool and good.

If he didn't want schools to out gay kids to their parents without their consent, among other things, speculating about his insaitiable lust for cock would be wrong. As it is, it's perfectly okay.

No. No. No. even if they are commies or nazis or whatever. If they arent okay being out, trying to shame or insult them by calling them gay when they arent public is not okay. I dont care if they are conservative and you think that makes it more fair like Baird or if you are left like Trudeau. Outting someone or saying being gay is embarrassing is not okay. Like WTF

vincentpricesboner fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 3, 2018

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

zapplez posted:

No. No. No. even if they are commies or nazis or whatever. If they arent okay being out, trying to shame or insult them by calling them gay when they arent public is not okay. I dont care if they are conservative and you think that makes it more fair like Baird or if you are left like Trudeau. Outting someone or saying being gay is embarrassing is not okay. Like WTF

Being gay isn't embarassing, being a lovely hypocritical gently caress who puts LGBT youth in danger is embarassing.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Being a closet gay conservative should be very embarrassing imo

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Going after conservatives for being in the closet is like going skeet shooting with a handgun when you have a crate of buckshot

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

zapplez posted:

It absolutely is okay, these people forfeit the right to have their sexuality respected when they actively legislate to gently caress over thousands or hundreds of thousands of people and make their lives poo poo. Politicians are not like everyone else, their actions affect millions of people and hide behind their wealth and privilege to get away with it. Their hypocrisy must absolutely be exposed, and it is loving ridiculous to imply that these poo poo heads should be treated with respect that they do not afford the people who they pretend to represent.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Holy poo poo. The emails from CPC HQ during the campaign vis a vis Dykstra leaked

It's a loving doozie.

Also, I think Kinsella's thing was the PMO staffer who just resigned.
https://twitter.com/althiaraj/status/959566786537472000

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

I've said it enough times, it's not that his behaviour was unknown, there were published articles about the incident in 2014, it's that no one cared. Until suddenly they did.

Same with Brown. No one gave a poo poo until it looked like it was about to blow up in their faces, then they threw him all the way under the bus in the space of a day.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 3, 2018

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ChairMaster posted:

It absolutely is okay, these people forfeit the right to have their sexuality respected when they actively legislate to gently caress over thousands or hundreds of thousands of people and make their lives poo poo. Politicians are not like everyone else, their actions affect millions of people and hide behind their wealth and privilege to get away with it. Their hypocrisy must absolutely be exposed, and it is loving ridiculous to imply that these poo poo heads should be treated with respect that they do not afford the people who they pretend to represent.

This is hosed up. I don't care what you think about someones sexuality, just because you disagree with them politically doesn't mean you have the right to either
1-out them when they aren't ready
2- imply being gay is bad by calling them gay when they aren't in order to try and shame them

Why is this is hard to understand? Being gay is okay. It isn't a bad thing, it shouldn't be a 'gotcha' moment. WTF

vincentpricesboner fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 3, 2018

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I guess you're one of those loving idiots who thinks that forcing kids out of the closet to their parents who will beat them mercilessly when they try to get help from an adult they trust is just "a difference of political opinion"?

You're no better than the Democrats or the Liberals. As long as you pretend like this poo poo is okay, as long as it's "just politics", you will forever be a completely worthless useful idiot for the people that gently caress us over until the end of time.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

zapplez posted:

Being gay is okay. It isn't a bad thing, it shouldn't be a 'gotcha' moment. WTF

Holy poo poo are you really that loving obtuse?

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

ChairMaster posted:

So I guess you're one of those loving idiots who thinks that forcing kids out of the closet to their parents who will beat them mercilessly when they try to get help from an adult they trust is just "a difference of political opinion"?

You're no better than the Democrats or the Liberals. As long as you pretend like this poo poo is okay, as long as it's "just politics", you will forever be a completely worthless useful idiot for the people that gently caress us over until the end of time.

Yeah shame those gays. loving fags. Call them out!

Oh wait thats loving crazy.

Edit: When did this thread turn anti-gay, closeted or not?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You fuckin idiot, it's not about being gay being a bad thing, it's about being a conservative monster being a bad thing, and helping their idiot followers realize that they've been lied to by someone they hate because of the way they were born can only have positive effects. Exposing hypocrisy is important, conservative lunatics are inherently more cohesive than left-wing groups that will eat their own over choice of phrase and petty bullshit, but they'll freak out over a few specific issues, and this happens to be one of them.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Yeah throw them out of the closet, thats definitely being progressive and not some kind of 1950s monster. I dont care if the conserative you hate is gay or straight, its not ok to try and shame them about their sexuality. jesus christ

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Ripping off band aids is faster, it is known

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Every Conservative you refuse to do something about is one that's gonna get some gay teenager thrown out of their home, eventually addicted to drugs, or killed. You become culpable for that when you allow your distaste for any particular tactic to prevent you from stopping these people from doing what they do.

Modern Conservatism is a cancer that people like you refuse to fight, hiding behind excuses of decorum and good taste. The right will always win because of people like you, they're not afraid to get dirty, they're not afraid to hurt and destroy people. You can drag the left to it's pathetic exhausted death with your dignified inaction, but don't expect me or anyone else to commend you for it.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

John Baird is also a piece of poo poo sexual harasser who went on to join the board of Barrick Gold, idgaf how gay she is

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

THC posted:

John Baird is also a piece of poo poo sexual harasser who went on to join the board of Barrick Gold, idgaf how gay she is

The right is pro-sexual assault though, so exposing him for that alone isn't enough.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ChairMaster posted:

The right is pro-sexual assault though, so exposing him for that alone isn't enough.
How dare you, conservatives love their daughters and sisters more than you'll ever know

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

THC posted:

How dare you, conservatives love their daughters and sisters more than you'll ever know

*joke about purity balls goes here*

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Despite breach of public trust, Taxpayers Federation head proud of Bonney

quote:

The president of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation said one of his best hiring decisions was to contract the disgraced B.C. government communications director from the BC Liberals’ “Quick Wins” ethnic pandering scandal.

“This is a bad thing that happened to a good person,” Troy Lanigan said about Brian Bonney, in an interview with theBreaker.

Lanigan was one of 61 people who wrote character reference letters in support of Bonney to Provincial Court Judge David St. Pierre, after Bonney pleaded guilty to breach of public trust last October.

On Jan. 31, St. Pierre gave Bonney a nine-month conditional sentence, to be served in the community. Bonney is under house arrest from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily, among other conditions that he must follow in order to stay out of jail.

Bonney worked as a fundraiser during the CTF’s successful campaign to oppose the TransLink expansion tax plebiscite in 2015. Court files revealed that he has remained with the CTF’s B.C. division, playing an integral role as the general sales manager for the lobby group. His resume boasts hiring, training and motivating 18 new territory managers who increased B.C. fundraising totals from $300,000 to $795,000 in two years.

Lanigan’s Nov. 10 letter called Bonney task-focused, enthusiastic and loyal. “No matter what the outcome of this sentencing, I can tell you Brian has a home and a job with the Canadian Taxpayers Federation,” Lanigan wrote.
[...]
Besides Lanigan, two former B.C. directors of the CTF, Jordan Bateman and Gregory Thomas, also wrote letters in support of Bonney. No BC Liberal politician wrote in Bonney’s favour, but his Mainland Communications partner, Mark Robertson, did. Robertson and Bonney were fined $5,000 in 2016 under the Election Act for financing irregularities in the 2012 Port Moody by-election.

Lanigan said the CTF did not help fund Bonney’s legal defence, nor was it asked to.

But what about the optics of the anti-waste/anti-corruption CTF employing a former civil servant that St. Pierre described as being involved in “a kind of political corruption”?

Lanigan reiterated that the CTF is “concerned about proper and ethical use of tax dollars” and pointed to the BC Liberals’ repayment to the public treasury of half of Bonney’s $140,000 salary.

“Partisan goings-on in the Legislature should be cleaned up,” he said. “Maybe this is a wake-up call to that.”
"partisan goings-on", lmao

these people are pure scum

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 3, 2018

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

*joke about purity balls goes here*

I got some pure balls for you right here

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

The Vancouver subreddit is actually for pipelines lmao

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

sitchensis posted:

The Vancouver subreddit is actually for pipelines lmao

The Vancouver subreddit is the last remaining bastion for every smug libertarian racist in this loving city

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

what, you guys don't want to die of cancer after inhaling a million litres of benzene fumes?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

THC posted:

what, you guys don't want to die of cancer after inhaling a million litres of benzene fumes?

Actually, that's my exact fetish

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I got some pure balls for you right here

Yes, we've seen your posts.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ChairMaster posted:

Every Conservative you refuse to do something about is one that's gonna get some gay teenager thrown out of their home, eventually addicted to drugs, or killed. You become culpable for that when you allow your distaste for any particular tactic to prevent you from stopping these people from doing what they do.

Modern Conservatism is a cancer that people like you refuse to fight, hiding behind excuses of decorum and good taste. The right will always win because of people like you, they're not afraid to get dirty, they're not afraid to hurt and destroy people. You can drag the left to it's pathetic exhausted death with your dignified inaction, but don't expect me or anyone else to commend you for it.

absolutely correct

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ChairMaster posted:

When ChairMaster is correct and good you really need to check yourselves CanPol. Calling out cons on being closeted gays and cucks is a time-honored Charter freedom that we all enjoy in this thread.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Thread has gone full parody. I dont care how much you hate someone because of their politics it doesnt mean you can try to shame them because of their gayness (or lack thereof). How is this is a difficult concept? Are you ok with attack ads on a disability too ala Chretien?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

patonthebach posted:

Thread has gone full parody. I dont care how much you hate someone because of their politics it doesnt mean you can try to shame them because of their gayness (or lack thereof).

ChairMaster posted:

You fuckin idiot, it's not about being gay being a bad thing, it's about being a conservative monster being a bad thing, and helping their idiot followers realize that they've been lied to by someone they hate because of the way they were born can only have positive effects. Exposing hypocrisy is important, conservative lunatics are inherently more cohesive than left-wing groups that will eat their own over choice of phrase and petty bullshit, but they'll freak out over a few specific issues, and this happens to be one of them.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It doesn’t come across as “that person is a hypocrite”. It comes across as “lol that guy sucks dick”.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Arivia posted:

When ChairMaster is correct and good you really need to check yourselves CanPol.

I know, I'm scared too!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Arivia posted:

Gah ahaha get hosed. Bet Kenney wanted a blowie as price of admission even.

Every time Jason Kenney comes up, some idiot brings up that they think he's gay. The glee this thread expresses and the language this thread uses during these discussions is consistently gross. And then you all hide behind the idea that this is somehow exposing him as a "hypocrite". To whom, exactly? All the other cackling morons in this thread?

And then you act so indignant when someone calls you out on it.

I don't even disagree with the premise. Gay people that advocate for socially conservative, gay-bashing policies for political advantage are a special kind of awful. And the left does let "decorum" tie its hands, leaving it at a natural political disadvantage, while the right does not.

But this is not one of those places or one of those times. And the tone with which you personally attack Kenney on this really does matter and really does reveal something of your true feelings. Go meditate on it, and come back when you can have a discussion without guffawing about some dude loving another dude.

Edit: In before some dummy comments on my avatar, like that invalidates my point.

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 3, 2018

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Yeah, so in general I think it's good to expose closeted gay people who actively work to harm other gay people while playing to bigots who hate gay people. And it's not about being anti-gay at all. I also think it's a good thing to expose KKK members who are themselves secretly Jewish, and I think anti-Semitism is moronic.

But this example is a bit weird because we don't really have evidence that Kenney is gay other than that he doesn't seem to have sex with women. It's just pure speculation, which makes it seem a lot more distasteful. He could also just be an incel or volcel redpill idiot. Or he could be having a secret long-term affair with a married woman.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
I struggle here as well. What are the most effective indicators you guys are using to identify a closeted gay person?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Postess with the Mostest posted:

I struggle here as well. What are the most effective indicators you guys are using to identify a closeted gay person?

Extended celibacy and virulent homophobia, in Kenney's case.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

patonthebach posted:

Thread has gone full parody. I dont care how much you hate someone because of their politics it doesnt mean you can try to shame them because of their gayness (or lack thereof). How is this is a difficult concept? Are you ok with attack ads on a disability too ala Chretien?

If he went out of his way to push legislation that made it more difficult for the disabled to go about their daily lives and then came out as a person with a disability that he was discriminating against but was using his position and wealth to avoid the consequences of the legislation, you have every right to call them out for hypocrisy.

You can basically replace gay with any other qualifier. Even if he was a closet clown, passing laws that make it harder to be a clown for everyone other than yourself is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

Every time Jason Kenney comes up, some idiot brings up that they think he's gay. The glee this thread expresses and the language this thread uses during these discussions is consistently gross. And then you all hide behind the idea that this is somehow exposing him as a "hypocrite". To whom, exactly? All the other cackling morons in this thread?

And then you act so indignant when someone calls you out on it.

I don't even disagree with the premise. Gay people that advocate for socially conservative, gay-bashing policies for political advantage are a special kind of awful. And the left does let "decorum" tie its hands, leaving it at a natural political disadvantage, while the right does not.

But this is not one of those places or one of those times. And the tone with which you personally attack Kenney on this really does matter and really does reveal something of your true feelings. Go meditate on it, and come back when you can have a discussion without guffawing about some dude loving another dude.

Edit: In before some dummy comments on my avatar, like that invalidates my point.

ChairMaster posted: