Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Takoluka posted:

The cast will feature both AoStH and SatAM characters, with Satan/Dark Prince and Arle as unlockable bosses.

IMO without Long John Baldry there's absolutely no point in invoking AoStH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fawf posted:

IMO without Long John Baldry there's absolutely no point in invoking AoStH

Considering Mean Bean Machine's cast, I don't think you really have a choice!

Eggman uses the Phantom Ruby and Chaos Emeralds to alter time, putting the SatAM Robotnik into the AoStH universe, and the Freedom Fighters have to stop him from roboticizing that universe's fauna.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I predict a Sonic Mania 2 announcement. Feels too soon for a 3D Sonic announcement.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's way too soon for a Mania 2 announcement too, it only came out six months ago. The comic is obviously in there, but game wise you're probably looking at a mobile game and if we're lucky a HD re-release of some sort.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 2, 2018

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Announcing another mediocre Sonic Boom game feels like a pretty safe bet.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

drat, finally. It's been off the Play store for a while.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/959136955337293824?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E0

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if it still works but you should be able to revert to an earlier Forever-free version if you owned it previously.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want them to announce a remastered Christian Whitehead Sonic Genesis Collection including Sonic 3 & Knuckles, coming soon for the Nintendo Switch.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Frankston posted:

I want them to announce a remastered Christian Whitehead Sonic Genesis Collection including Sonic 3 & Knuckles, coming soon for the Nintendo Switch.

Mania plus all those games on one cart seems like a no-brainer.

I'm pretty sure someone uncovered DLC plans for Mania in a Steam listing or something, so that's probably the extent of the announcement where that game's concerned.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I really doubt they'd be bringing Tyson Hesse along, and crediting him as the "animation director of Sonic Mania", if there weren't gonna be some Sonic Mania information at the panel.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
sonic mania dlc

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The sequel you've all been waiting for: Sonic OVA 2.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Animated like the Mania intro? Take my money now.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ArfJason posted:

This unironically

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
They'll do a sequel to Sonic Forces along some lines, otherwise the time they spent building the engine will be wasted. Whether they'll double down on the OC stuff is anyone's guess.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cryohazard posted:

They'll do a sequel to Sonic Forces along some lines, otherwise the time they spent building the engine will be wasted. Whether they'll double down on the OC stuff is anyone's guess.

The Hedgehog Engine 2 is, again, a graphical one, and it doesn't need to be a direct sequel to Forces or have the same kind of gameplay to be usable.

They used its predecessor on Unleashed, Generations, and Lost World, and the last one is a very different kind of game from the previous ones, so. Yeah.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If we get a fully fleshed out Forces with longer levels and more to the war mechanic than a percentage bar and a story hook then I will be perfectly happy. Maybe they can do something closer to Shadow the Hedgehog, with a few warring factions and agency on the player's part to change where the story ends up.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

And maybe get around to fixing the horrific garbage fire that is the controls

You know, if they can squeeze it in.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nodosaur posted:

I really doubt they'd be bringing Tyson Hesse along, and crediting him as the "animation director of Sonic Mania", if there weren't gonna be some Sonic Mania information at the panel.

Is he not doing the comics now?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Augus posted:

And maybe get around to fixing the horrific garbage fire that is the controls

You know, if they can squeeze it in.

Someone on Gamebanana is modding out the weird burst of acceleration that is the cause of so many deaths. They're doing Modern Sonic first, but it's the avatar that needs it most. The number of times I've lurched into a chasm is insane, god knows why they thought it was a good idea.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Takoluka posted:

Is he not doing the comics now?

he is, but that's not how they're crediting him, and the Sega panels and comic stuff don't tend to share convention space

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nodosaur posted:

he is, but that's not how they're crediting him, and the Sega panels and comic stuff don't tend to share convention space

I would venture to say that Sonic Mania is more popular than the comics ever have been, so I would credit him as animation director even if it was a presentation exclusively about the comics.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Either way, again, the comic stuff and Sega stuff don’t tend to run together at convention stuff from what I recollect. And if he were there to announce comic stuff I’d sooner assume they’d send the writer or editor, not one of several artists.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
whatever, none of this means anything until the panel. when is that, again?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ArfJason posted:

Knux Hat added to Sonic Mania

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

On a Sunday, riding my biiiiiiiike

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
DSS is back to looking into Sonic 06 and it's amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9DvAE6HzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sfvQu--2mU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Time Bonus: NO

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

what would even cause the lasers to do that

how can a game be THAT broken

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Takoluka posted:

what would even cause the lasers to do that

how can a game be THAT broken
There's a reason they were willing to delay Forces past the 25th Anniversary.

...partly because they didn't start development until late 2016, but you get the point

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lots of content, bug-free or reasonably fun. Pick two, we don't have the budget for three.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 3, 2018

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Lots of content, bug-free or reasonably fun. Pick two, we don't have the budget for three.

Or in the case of Sonic 06, only the first one.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What happened with forces then

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What happened with forces then

Bug free and reasonably fun, but short as heck, and the side content is very obviously there as cheap, easy padding.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 3, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Takoluka posted:

The cast will feature both AoStH and SatAM characters, with Satan/Dark Prince and Arle as unlockable bosses.

I will unironicaly buy Dr Eggman's Mean Bean Revenge.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ArfJason posted:

whatever, none of this means anything until the panel. when is that, again?

SXSW, so sometime next month. Look up when the Texas colleges have spring break for a more concrete answer, SXSW always coincides with Texas spring break.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Will we see the return of Totino's and the buzzing sound

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ometeotl posted:

the sonic mania dlc is a playable Pete Za'Roll

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ometeotl posted:

It’s dumb but I love that Mania references the buzzing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ometeotl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9eduhflgRo