Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I almost feel sorry for Folding@Home, though I quit doing that once I realized if it helped some pharma company find a treatment for cancer, they'd just charge me a million dollars for it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I love the people who look at this

and post stuff like this

that's some sunny optimism right there

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the action will really heat up once people collectively discover that tethers is a giant scam

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Alpha Mayo posted:

/r/bitfinex is nothing but people complaining about not getting their withdrawals for weeks/ever lol

Actually it seems to be just one guy who spams the sub with multiple accounts.
He tried to cash out over 20k of Monero proceeds on an unverified account linked to a throwaway email, connected through an open VPN and naturally was shocked to be redflagged :rolleyes:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

sauer kraut posted:

Actually it seems to be just one guy who spams the sub with multiple accounts.
He tried to cash out over 20k of Monero proceeds on an unverified account linked to a throwaway email, connected through an open VPN and naturally was shocked to be redflagged :rolleyes:

Yeah dodgy poo poo is only allowed if it's the exchange doing it bub, if you're a user trying to pull your money out and you seem suspect at all gently caress you

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

lazorexplosion posted:

I love the people who look at this

and post stuff like this

that's some sunny optimism right there

I dunno looks like a solid investment to me

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

'my dad works at the EU'

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Extremely Powerful Wife

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

davestones
May 7, 2009

abigserve posted:

this actually makes me angry at how much power - both electrical and compute - is wasted on this trash

I haven’t kept up with bitcoin recently. When did it phase back from using ASICS and butterfly labs like shenanigans to using GPUs to mine again?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
They are using g GPUs to mine altcoins, and services which automatically convert to Bitcoin. 100% profits!!

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
note to self, at start of next pump invest in Dentacoin

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Alpha Mayo posted:

note to self, at start of next pump invest in Dentacoin

So that's what the Tooth Fairy does with all those teeth...

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I might have been looking at this the wrong way. All these people trained to HODL make profiting off them extremely easy. Instead of an aggressive trading environment where people are covering their rear end at all times, you have a bunch of passed out drunks. While they HODL in the slow eventual decline of crypto, you can trade the volatility and make money off them.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

buy factom if you want to be rich, this is the last lifeline i'm throwing you nocoiners

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
When the price recovers all you weak baby goons who didn't hodl are going to feel mighty stupid. :smugdog:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Alpha Mayo posted:

I might have been looking at this the wrong way. All these people trained to HODL make profiting off them extremely easy. Instead of an aggressive trading environment where people are covering their rear end at all times, you have a bunch of passed out drunks. While they HODL in the slow eventual decline of crypto, you can trade the volatility and make money off them.

You got this, bro

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
needs more fruit-drying mining rigs

https://siliconangle.com/blog/2011/11/22/dried-strawberries-bitcoin-style-uses-heat-from-a-mining-rig/

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
GDAX now higher than Bitfinex, meaning USD valued less than Tether

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
A bit unrelated to the discussion: since the early days of bitcoins, they were used for darkweb deals and ransomeware - are there now a whole lot of rich criminals out in the world? :(

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Solar Tornado posted:

A bit unrelated to the discussion: since the early days of bitcoins, they were used for darkweb deals and ransomeware - are there now a whole lot of rich criminals out in the world? :(
Probably. Lots of criminals make bank. Kidnappers usually get paid and walk away with the ransom.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Solar Tornado posted:

Yep. There were a lot of smart online drug dealers who sold all the btc they were holding at 19k+. The darknet scene is kind of in chaos right now because of that, some of the biggest, most long-term vendors have cashed out and announced that they are retiring from the business. (Like every other frustrated English major, I want to write a book.)

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Whoever bought Alpha Mayo's custom title should spend the :tenbux: to fix "smite to the ground". It's like y'all buying grammar coins.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

there, i beat the game. 100K to 1 million in one day. too bad it's fake.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Like trading on the real exchange except there aren't any sudden "abnormal" "delays" because reasons

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lmao

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I want to make a crappy edit of the Die Die Why won't you die scene from V for vendetta but with bitcoin... but I worry that no matter which way I take that, it would seem like I was being completely serious.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$9300. People are stupid (and greedy) as gently caress.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Alpha Mayo posted:

So last night I started paper trading GDAX on tradingview, starting with 100K

This poo poo seems really easy, GDAX lags behind korean market movements by like 10 seconds which makes it super predictable. I think GDAX traders just sit there and stare at the depth chart or something. I was doing 10:1 margin but even without margin, that is 24% gain. Maybe I'll try my luck at the real thing..too bad no real exchanges offer margin trading. Forex sounds kind of appealing right now

Alpha Mayo posted:

there, i beat the game. 100K to 1 million in one day. too bad it's fake.

Kraken offers margin trading up to 5x. It's okay as far as exchanges go. Bitmex has up to 100x if you're feeling spicy.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 3, 2018

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

mojo1701a posted:

Goddamnit every time I read "FUD", it just sounds more and more cultish.
because thats what every cult says. apparently critical thinking isnt part of the enlightened future sci fi cryptopia

1 + 1 is 3. dont believe the fud saying its 2. eventually 1 + 1 will be 50000. up and up and up!

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
FUD is a classic thought-terminating cliche. Originally it meant disinformation but then the definition expanded to include every criticism or negative prediction.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
FUD, like "fake news", is now just shorthand for "any fact that I don't want to believe"

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Solar Tornado posted:

Crime pays well.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Buttcoins are a completely hype-backed investment, so anything with a possible negative effect on the value needs to be labeled as such by vigilant true believers or people might question their belief in the hype.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

People are idiots, what else is new.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Transfered $100 to Kraken, made about 14 5x margin trades, left with $100. gently caress that site, everything eaten up by fees/spreads and mysterious market-order lags. Is anything related to crypto not a huge loving scam?

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

That would kinda defeat the purpose of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Alpha Mayo posted:

Transfered $100 to Kraken, made about 14 5x margin trades, left with $100. gently caress that site, everything eaten up by fees/spreads and mysterious market-order lags. Is anything related to crypto not a huge loving scam?

why are you touching the poop