Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

END ME SCOOB posted:

I'm legit interested in where a full Ember rework would go. I love the adaptation to make her more potent above lv30, so the thought of similar small tweaks to make me branch out a bit is pretty sweet.

That is not what is going to happen.

World on Fire was only useful due to its LoS-ignoring range contributing to its ability to make a large group unable to kill you. Its offensive applications were enabled by its defensive application.

Without the range, enemies can get into LoS and will murder Ember in record time since she has no defense outside of WoF and spamming Accelerant. This is not even counting how the energy cost will ramp up as range gets tanked, so you will no longer be able to spam Accelerant as a stun. You will be busy spending energy over and over again to refresh both Accelerant and WoF, solely to prevent yourself from being downed.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Incidentally, is this the sort of game where you can kinda roll with whatever the gently caress you want as long as you're having fun, or is corpro and other stuff like that mandatory if you want to do high level stuff?

Also, what's the easiest way (apart from paying real money) to get a new frame? I'm forging my first catalyst now, but I feel like I'm pretty much nowhere in terms of frames.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Incidentally, is this the sort of game where you can kinda roll with whatever the gently caress you want as long as you're having fun, or is corpro and other stuff like that mandatory if you want to do high level stuff?

Also, what's the easiest way (apart from paying real money) to get a new frame? I'm forging my first catalyst now, but I feel like I'm pretty much nowhere in terms of frames.

for most content, you can bring whatever so long as you have a decent modded weapon. for sorties you want to bring the good stuff, and for hydron all you have to bring is corpro.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Generally you can just roll with whatever (within reason). Corpro makes doing certain things much, much easier but it's not a universal requirement for all content or anything.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Black Griffon posted:

All the bosses drop blueprints for components of a particular frame and you buy the blueprints for the frame from the market. The clan lab also has a few you can buy. Some have other sources. As ever the wiki has good info.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Corpro is mainly desired when your partying with people in high level Grineer missions where armor is the worst. As your progressing through the starmap or doing stuff yourself it's not as big a deal.

As far as getting frames go they come from a lot of different places. The first easily obtainable one for a newbie is Rhino, his parts drop from the Jackal boss pretty early on in the map. Alternatively there's some frames you can get in their entirety from the Clan Dojo if they strike your interests (Volt, Banshee, Zephyr, Wukong, and Nezha... if I'm not missing one). Dunno what the material requirements look like for those but goons will trip over themselves to take you wherever you need to get the stuff. When you've first started it feels like getting your teeth pulled just to get new guns and especially frames but once you breakthrough that hump you'll never really run out of new things to try out and master.

And if you decide you like the game enough to splurge on a frame with cash there's a number of them that are otherwise big pains in the rear end to get normally which you could go for to save yourself some hassle later: Harrow, Nidus, Mesa, Gara, and Vauban are such cases. There's also Equinox who isn't hard to get the parts for but takes triple the time of any other frame to make because you essentially make two frames and then put them together.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's definitely important to have a stash of go-to 'I would like these enemies to go away' gear. In my case it's my Mesa and Vauban Prime, Boar Prime, Sicarus Prime and probably my new friend, the Reaper Prime. Not a single one of those is on-meta, but the weapons have Rivens and I have a lot of experience using each.

Vauban and Vauban Prime are both huge pains to build. Vauban because the alerts aren't that common and Prime because of the nutso resource costs.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Good info all, thanks.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

Good info all, thanks.

If you need something specific too, like farming a frame, you can always try asking in chat since lots of folks will probably help you do at least a few runs.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

If you need something specific too, like farming a frame, you can always try asking in chat since lots of folks will probably help you do at least a few runs.

Yeah, I've been sticking with pubbies a lot because I feel less lovely when I have to drop out because my roomies start streaming poo poo in HD, but goons are usually good.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So! I finished the starmap about a week ago and I’ve finally crossed the threshold where I’ve got frames and weapons stacking up faster than I can level them. I’ve been doing sorties, and I’m gonna start trying to do some vault runs cause I got 0 corrupted mods at this point. The only thing I can think of that I’ve basically done none of is Cetus stuff (aside from meeting the Quills and getting my amp). Is there anything big I’m missing at this point?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
How much you reckon I could swing this for? Should I just keep rerolling it and hope I make it godly or something?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Traitorous Leopard posted:

So! I finished the starmap about a week ago and I’ve finally crossed the threshold where I’ve got frames and weapons stacking up faster than I can level them. I’ve been doing sorties, and I’m gonna start trying to do some vault runs cause I got 0 corrupted mods at this point. The only thing I can think of that I’ve basically done none of is Cetus stuff (aside from meeting the Quills and getting my amp). Is there anything big I’m missing at this point?
Grabbing some corrupted mods (particularly the warframe mods) is a good spot to start as those will start opening up a lot of builds.

I wouldn't totally ignore Cetus, the Plains can be a fun change of pace and there's some neat stuff you can get out of it eventually.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah, I've been sticking with pubbies a lot because I feel less lovely when I have to drop out because my roomies start streaming poo poo in HD, but goons are usually good.

Change your router QOS settings to prioritize you over their lovely HD streams

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.
This came up in chat yesterday and I had no idea. There are two free no-strings-attached promo codes you can enter in the market place to get some free stuff.

FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N
Vectis rifle with a vectis skin , +1 weapon slot and orokin catalyst applied.

FREESWORD
Heat sword, +1 weapon slot and orokin catalyst applied.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Echophonic posted:

It's definitely important to have a stash of go-to 'I would like these enemies to go away' gear. In my case it's my Mesa and Vauban Prime, Boar Prime, Sicarus Prime and probably my new friend, the Reaper Prime. Not a single one of those is on-meta, but the weapons have Rivens and I have a lot of experience using each.

Vauban and Vauban Prime are both huge pains to build. Vauban because the alerts aren't that common and Prime because of the nutso resource costs.
Sicarus Prime is one of my gotos on a riven basis.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

... it synergises well with the mod that counts each tick of damage in a slash proc as a melee hit. ...

What mod is that?

"Day Equinox emits a lacerating aura that deals 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 Slash b Slash damage with a 100% status chance to all enemies within range"

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Farmer Jimbo posted:

This came up in chat yesterday and I had no idea. There are two free no-strings-attached promo codes you can enter in the market place to get some free stuff.

FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N
Vectis rifle with a vectis skin , +1 weapon slot and orokin catalyst applied.

FREESWORD
Heat sword, +1 weapon slot and orokin catalyst applied.

These are great that they are still in. These are super powerful for newbies to use, you get another much better free sword (broken war) way later in the starchart and then you can feel free to sell off the heat sword, and then later when you get vectis prime you can dump the vectis. I wouldn't spend any forma on either though. They are not that great compared to real weapons like Nikana or the Primed/Wraith sniper rifles.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

gaj70 posted:

What mod is that?

"Day Equinox emits a lacerating aura that deals 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 Slash b Slash damage with a 100% status chance to all enemies within range"

It's a melee weapon mod.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

gaj70 posted:

What mod is that?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Relentless_Combination

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The mod does specify the slash procs need to come from melee hits, so it wouldn't work with Maim.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How do you guys usually farm for relics? Are pubbies usually down for that if I run one of the recommended places or would I need a goon group to be able to do more than 2 waves/extractors at a time?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Terbulus posted:

Any recommendations on what zaw to use this plague keewar and kripath for?

Depends what kind of weapon you like. Kripath can be polearm or rapier, both are good. Keewar can be staff or machete, the latter is crap unless maybe if you have Cyclone Kraken? I dunno, the drat mod is so tedious to find. Get the grip with more speed. Use the link Ekwana II Jai (++status, +speed, --crit, -damage) and Condition Overload. Bam, you got best in class melee weapon.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

keewar is either staff or scythe

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Xun posted:

How do you guys usually farm for relics? Are pubbies usually down for that if I run one of the recommended places or would I need a goon group to be able to do more than 2 waves/extractors at a time?

My favourite go to spots:
- Jupiter Io for meso and neo.
- Eris Xini for neo and axi.
- Hieracon for neo and endo. I rarely get axi here.
- Any low level defense except Earth tiles for lith. That tile sucks balls and enemies ofen get stuck somewhere.
- Akkad is always crowded and sometimes drop meso and neo but less reliable. Exp and credits are better here though.

If you go to recruitment and specify it's a relic run, there is bound to be pubbies willing to come. But don't expect them to carry the team though.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

Change your router QOS settings to prioritize you over their lovely HD streams

I've also got a dumb, lovely router with rear end settings. My life is pain and the distant sound of RuPaul's Drag Race as I'm battling 900 ping.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
How the hell do people have rank 25 on PS4? All I've got left to level is 1 amp and that day 700 weapon which is forever away. That can't possibly give me enough mastery to bump up.

You don't get a second set of mastery after gilding zaws and amps, do you?

double edit: oh shiiit, you don't get mastery for those things UNTIL you've gilded them. That's cruel DE.

triple edit: PS4 has a jump start free package thing of 100 plat and 3 day boosters that I claimed last night, looks like I'll be leveling all my amps again with it. and loving lol, 3/4 people in my last hydron were leveling amps just like I was. Amazing.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 4, 2018

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

How the hell do people have rank 25 on PS4? All I've got left to level is 1 amp and that day 700 weapon which is forever away. That can't possibly give me enough mastery to bump up.

You don't get a second set of mastery after gilding zaws and amps, do you?

You get the first set of mastery points after gilding zaws and amps.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'd kill for a spear that actually worked on all fish (that wasn't a spear held by Volt). Blahhhhhhh

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I want to fish with my shotguns.

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

Washout posted:

These are great that they are still in. These are super powerful for newbies to use, you get another much better free sword (broken war) way later in the starchart and then you can feel free to sell off the heat sword, and then later when you get vectis prime you can dump the vectis. I wouldn't spend any forma on either though. They are not that great compared to real weapons like Nikana or the Primed/Wraith sniper rifles.

And even if you are a bitter vet and got the heat sword and the vectis the hard way, you should use those promo codes. You get free weapon slots even if you already got the rifle and sword through the foundry.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Edmond Dantes posted:

How much you reckon I could swing this for? Should I just keep rerolling it and hope I make it godly or something?

This is a really good roll. Its not max DPS or anything but it covers every weakness of the gun and gives it a damage boost.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Managed to get to Adherent in the Quills today. Which means amp shenanigans! I've been following the doc and have a 111, a 212, and I'm currently building a 333. Had a resource booster that ends tomorrow and I think I have a good wisp loop, so it wasn't too bad since I was getting 6-12 per short fly-over. I'll probably snag a surplus just to have them for the next thing I need wisps for.

Not sure what my final amp's gonna be, but I'm pretty happy with the 212, guess I'll have to see how the others end up performing. What are people going for currently for Amps?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Echophonic posted:

Not sure what my final amp's gonna be, but I'm pretty happy with the 212, guess I'll have to see how the others end up performing. What are people going for currently for Amps?

I'm a big fan of the 3-3-3. It's arguable that the primary/prism is better, it's probably a sidegrade, but it's a neat grenade launcher. It is easier to miss the Eidolons though versus the 2-primary/prism The secondary/scaffold is a quick-drain homing laser which is super useful at taking down the tiny sentients since those bastards are really tough to spot and aim at in a full Eidolon battle. The brace is an always-helpful crit chance/status boost, when the others (energy pool or regen delay improvement) are only useful sometimes.

I intended to work through 1-1-1, 2-2-2, and 3-3-3 to try all the functions and blend my favorites, but I'm just going to stick with the 3-3-3.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Managed to get to Adherent in the Quills today. Which means amp shenanigans! I've been following the doc and have a 111, a 212, and I'm currently building a 333. Had a resource booster that ends tomorrow and I think I have a good wisp loop, so it wasn't too bad since I was getting 6-12 per short fly-over. I'll probably snag a surplus just to have them for the next thing I need wisps for.

I'm using a 233, the homing laser lets you style on sentients/stalker/juggernauts from cover.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Holy poo poo this MR 25 test is a nightmare. Hope you enjoy the inconsistent momentum of PoE archwing!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tallgeese posted:

Eh, I'm not concerned. 8 weeks and I will have defeated Warframe.
As someone who has defeated warframe in the past, it always comes back with more content!!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So I just finished Venus thanks to a lucky squad and im a little confused about whats next.

A) My Excalibur is 13 and my Braton/Kunai/Punch gloves are modded and 15-16 and I felt like I was doing literally zero damage to Jackal except maybe with my special attacks? I attempted him solo and got nowhere, then i lucked into a 4 stack and we beat him, and now I got a Rhino something but don't have mats for it. Should I farm this boss? Why do my attacks do nothing to him?

B) Should I just keep unlocking planets, or should I be hunting specific items and frames yet

c) I have a little robot friend that gets his own laser and follows me around, how important are these guys?

D) I don't get how my special attacks charge. It seems like a finite mana pool but I dont see any indicators on my screen that are super obvious, and i don't get a feel for what charges it, but they seem like my strongest moves so I want to understand.

E) I keep seeing things that say i need a scanner or an archwing, are those soon or a ways away?

Game is very fun and I think its the perfect middle ground of Destiny 2 and Diablo 3 that i need while Im cold on both of those games. Sorry for all the painfully newbie questions

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bust Rodd posted:

A) My Excalibur is 13 and my Braton/Kunai/Punch gloves are modded and 15-16 and I felt like I was doing literally zero damage to Jackal except maybe with my special attacks? I attempted him solo and got nowhere, then i lucked into a 4 stack and we beat him, and now I got a Rhino something but don't have mats for it. Should I farm this boss? Why do my attacks do nothing to him?

You need to shoot his legs until he's off balance, and then you can shoot his main body. Repeat 4 times or whatever. Farm him if you want rhino (you need the systems, neuroptics, and chassis blueprint from that sucker), BUT...

quote:

B) Should I just keep unlocking planets, or should I be hunting specific items and frames yet
Yes, keep working on unlocking planets and have that be your main focus. If you want to build Rhino straight away you'll need the help of goons to get some gallium and control modules (and plastids and morphics but those come earlier). It's NBD to request help with that and there'll probably be someone who doesn't mind doing it.

quote:

c) I have a little robot friend that gets his own laser and follows me around, how important are these guys?
Not super important but the vacuum mod is a massive quality of life improvement and should always be maxed and slotted on a sentinel. Aside from Vacuum they're alright buddies and taxon will help keep you alive really early game.

quote:

D) I don't get how my special attacks charge. It seems like a finite mana pool but I dont see any indicators on my screen that are super obvious, and i don't get a feel for what charges it, but they seem like my strongest moves so I want to understand.
There's an energy bar in the bottom right next to the icons for all of the abilities (atleast, there should be, dunno what the PS4 ui looks like if you're on that). Each ability costs energy, and early game it can be real tough to sustain using abilities at a rate that feels good. Goons can give you a Flow and Streamline mod though, which are some of the more important parts of sustaining ability usage.

quote:

E) I keep seeing things that say i need a scanner or an archwing, are those soon or a ways away?
Archwing is Mars, so 2 planets away. Scanners can be gotten at any time, you buy like a pack of 10 from the market for 500 credits or something. The quest in Cetus introduces you to them but they aren't very complicated so you don't need to do that to use them at all.

As Excalibur you should be able to slaughter most bosses by pulling out your exalted blade with your 4th ability and going to town-- though it's worth noting mods on your standard melee weapon also apply to the exalted blade, but not his other three abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The other thing to be aware of is you buy blueprints for things from the market or clan labs for credits. Though the equip weapon page will link to the market page for an unowned weapon.

Also that the market opens to a featured page by default, and you need to pick categories to see a decent listing.

And finally, most of the bosses are kind of bad and not super worth soloing.