Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Kaptainballistik posted:

Because it's trademarked 😂

But wait, isn't it little Ballistik's job to name cars?

PLEASE tell me there is no custard My Little Pony

Edit : aaaaw gently caress Fluttershy is yellow. No. Nope. Nòooooooooope

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

PLEASE tell me there is no custard My Little Pony

Edit : aaaaw gently caress Fluttershy is yellow. No. Nope. Nòooooooooope

Too late. It has been named.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Voting mini ballistik names the car. 50/50 odds it gets named fluttershy or something else. 100% odds if you let goons name it now. :kheldragar:

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
It's cutie mark time!!!

https://zacatron94.deviantart.com/art/Fluttershy-s-Cutie-Mark-559415274

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Too late. It has been named.

Elmnt80 posted:

Voting mini ballistik names the car. 50/50 odds it gets named fluttershy or something else. 100% odds if you let goons name it now. :kheldragar:

I....... am not liking my chances here at all

Welp

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jan 16, 2018

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I have $10 on ballistik getting a decal printed and stuck on the car when CT isn't looking.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've experienced the rear end hop in a lot of subarus with that new short travel bullshit rear suspension. 03 legacy, 10 outback, 05 legacy, 05 legacy, 02 outback, etc. There is something stupid back there and I don't know what it is. I did all the bushings in mine trying to chase it down, legacy shocks, outback shocks, legacy springs, baja springs, didn't solve it, ignored it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I never experienced it on the Liberty or on 3rd gen WRX's. HOWEVER the 3rd gen IS notorious for having a narrow tuning window and I know of other issues when you get the suspension out of it's tuning zone.

So far I only have guesses as I havent really dug into the suspension further - At least the Levorg is a WRX wagon in reality so anything that fits on a WRX will work on a Levorg. Also a Fifth Gen JDM Liberty because that's what the 4th Gen WRX and Levorg are really based on, not an Impreza.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I never experienced it on the Liberty or on 3rd gen WRX's. HOWEVER the 3rd gen IS notorious for having a narrow tuning window and I know of other issues when you get the suspension out of it's tuning zone.

So far I only have guesses as I havent really dug into the suspension further - At least the Levorg is a WRX wagon in reality so anything that fits on a WRX will work on a Levorg. Also a Fifth Gen JDM Liberty because that's what the 4th Gen WRX and Levorg are really based on, not an Impreza.

MCA suspension have coilovers to suit the Levorg specifically to fix the bum-hopping.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

We have a project to solve the bum hopping on a car woth a similar suspension... But it may be a bit too severe 😂

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Oh God why do I even what am I doing?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

shine on you crazy diamond.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh god why do I even what am I doing: Not enough Subarus in the world

(probably too long).

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Are you entering the Eureka rally?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Laserface posted:

Are you entering the Eureka rally?

I think so. The car is basically ready..... lets see what KB says

Hmmmmm. The rest of the body shell is mint and it's barely touched the boot floor.

Pooooosible ressurection?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but you didn't buy the Adventra in the picture too did you? Because that'd be the true definition of insanity.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Pretty sure that's Kapt. Ballastic's.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Yep it's KB's.

Its a very good car and it towes indecently well.

The fuel economy is .... ummmmm........ extraordinary bad

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Yeah I’m sure it tows great.

Absolutely the wrong car for Holden to be throwing more than a hundred million developing in the early 2000s though, wonder how much they lost per vehicle.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Probably not as much as you think. I bet the AWD system is the same as an Escalade unit.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Wrar posted:

Probably not as much as you think. I bet the AWD system is the same as an Escalade unit.

You'd think.

Wikipedia posted:

In 2003, Holden launched an AWD system that it developed for the VY platform dubbed Cross Trac, at a cost of A$125 million.

Few can fathom the depths of pre-gfc GM stupidity,
:psypop:

My father-in-law has the HSV version, the Avalanche, in his local team colours.

I'm not sure what the difference is other than a body kit and a slightly warmed over LS1 maybe?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The thing was that the Adventura WAS a good idea, what with the crossover wagon making a decent spalsh at that time - the "SUV" (gently caress I hate that name, there is nothing sports or utilitity about 34ths of those turds) wasnt looking liek it would take off in Australia. It was pointed at the country resident and those that wanted a pretty serious tow car. it has some quite decent offroad performance, it it a great thing to drive long distance and it didnt fall to bits - it is a loving HUGE thing inside as well - it's waaaaay bigger that the typical mid sized crap we now have.

And TBH, it really is a drat good long distance cruiser at speed - I had it set to 130kph across the Hay Plain with a trailer and it just destroyed the disance so well.

And it towes incredibly well too.

It also handles dirt roads bloody well.

The fuel economy is hosed. Okay the Holden / black 5 litre motors were pretty ordinary fuel wise but the Aventura with it's 1.9 ton weight, parasitic AWD and V8 is just mind blowing bad with fuel. That sprint across the Hay plain in a Liberty would be at 10 litres per 100 kms (even while towing), the Adventura was doing..... 19-20. 20(!) litres per 100 kms. In a family wagon. A petrol Patrol was able to do better ad those were pretty loving bad. The Ford Territory aso appeared about that time and uhhh.... yeah, that was so much better it wasnt funny. Also the Territory was a drat good bit of kit AND it had a turbo Barra. TBH the Adventura probably would have earned itself a new version in the VE if it hadnt gained such a woeful reputation as a thirsty bastard. Driving from Sydney to Hay is 1400kms and just think - 19 litres per 100 kms, 73 litre tank at a $1.50 a litre fuel. 266 litres, $400 bucks. Yeah, we spend 800 bucks in fuel there and back. And slowing down didnt really change the economy much either.

For a comparision, my Levorg does 7.5 litres per 100 towing a similar trailer at similar speed. A diesel AWD is similar so ....... you HAVE to have deep pockets to have an Adventura. KB has the 07 WRX now because it is THAT much cheaper to run around in.

Oh and for a comparision, the VE Commodore I had even towing 2 ton was 8 litres per 100 better. 8.

Good cars, horrific fuel drinking.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Were they a 5 litre? I thought they had the LS1?

Is it just the sheer weight of the bastards, parasitic loss from the full time AWD system or just a lovely tune?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Why do Aussie police have such a boner for pod filters and dump valves? Also how the hell can they tell if a car is too low, I mean yeah aside from all the ridiculous static stance poo poo do they have rideheight specs on every car made or something?

Also you should probably buy another Subaru just in case imo.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
im curious about that too, I mean i dont usually do blow off valves due to the noise, but pod filters seriously make no sense at all to me.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I have a dumpvalve, but it's about as quiet as the old recirc plus fueling is done by map sensor on the intake manifold. Also because I'm a child who likes whooshy noises haha.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Were they a 5 litre? I thought they had the LS1?

Is it just the sheer weight of the bastards, parasitic loss from the full time AWD system or just a lovely tune?

LS1 - I was comparing it's ability to drink to the old 5 litre. Dont think I made that clear enough!

As what caused the horrific economy - yes. All of them.

track day bro! posted:

Why do Aussie police have such a boner for pod filters and dump valves? Also how the hell can they tell if a car is too low, I mean yeah aside from all the ridiculous static stance poo poo do they have rideheight specs on every car made or something?

Also you should probably buy another Subaru just in case imo.

Easy ticket cash and also easy to get one back at anyone that "disrespects" them. Or isn't middle aged and white. Or just in general a pack of assholes. The rule is thta you can not touch anything that effect emissions so they got you over a barrell if you do anything like intake or.... actually I have NFI why whooshy valves are such a bug up their rear end. They really don't change much in relation to emissions.....?

The rule is 10cm is min height so if you cant go over a Coke can, you are bait. And yes.... many exotics are below that height and are flat out defectable from the factory. And they do get defected too.

NSW Highway Patrol are notorious dicks where it comes to car enthusiasts.

Edit : Another Subaru? Watch this space. Maybe. Who knows.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 5, 2018

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

14 miles per Imperial gallon, you weren't kidding drat!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Not even the normal police like the highway patrol guys. Apparently they like to camp out near the academy on a Friday afternoon to catch any of the cadets that are speeding home. If they get done that’s their career effectively over.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Not even the normal police like the highway patrol guys.

True. Highway Patrol oval office levels are only exceeded by bike cops

quote:

Apparently they like to camp out near the academy on a Friday afternoon to catch any of the cadets that are speeding home. If they get done that’s their career effectively over.

Would not surprise me one bit, esp given Goulburn HWP have long had a reputation as being going up and beyond for being cunts

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Easy ticket cash and also easy to get one back at anyone that "disrespects" them. Or isn't middle aged and white. Or just in general a pack of assholes. The rule is thta you can not touch anything that effect emissions so they got you over a barrell if you do anything like intake or.... actually I have NFI why whooshy valves are such a bug up their rear end. They really don't change much in relation to emissions.....?

The emissions thing boggles my mind because there is no emissions testing AFAIK. Target they guy with a pod filter but don't worry about the smoky dual cab diesel.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

slothrop posted:

The emissions thing boggles my mind because there is no emissions testing AFAIK. Target they guy with a pod filter but don't worry about the smoky dual cab diesel.

The ONLY time you get emissions tested is to remove a defect or to get engineered. Otherwise no testing at all.

I cant remember ever seeing or hearing about a bro-truck being canaried but loving WOE TO YOU if you have a Skyline / S15 / WRX with a handful of small mods. And the number of shitbox crossovers that have hosed tyres...... no wonder the cops are looked on with such disgust by the car community. Stop wasting time on guys who like modding and go deal with actual dangerous poo poo like the tippers with dog trailers that keep on falling to bits.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I haven't seen it on my trip to school in a while but there was a CRV getting around without the back window and the remainder of the body looked like the car had rolled at some point along the way. It was mixing it with the rest of the general traffic on the M4 frequently enough that I could recognise when it was coming up behind me.

Travelling as far as I do to get to work I see the full gamut of lovely drivers and vehicles that shouldn't be on the road. My favourites are the trucks that race everywhere swerving into your lane except in the few lower speed limit zones. You can get around them but they'll pull the same dumb poo poo between Linden and Glenbrook and the highway patrol guys if they're around don't bother stopping them cause there's always a car doing a greater speed and that looks better at the end of the day.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

14 miles per Imperial gallon, you weren't kidding drat!

It's also got the GTO throttle body fitted, the cold air intake and a reflash... It's got more power than originally AND better fuel economy..... A standard Adventra pushes 24+ L/100 km towing. It's also deceptively quick. Other Commodores steer clear of a traffic light drag..

The running gear appears to be c10/Silverado based for the motor/ Trans.

I haven't decided in Eureka yet. Doing the whole championship pushed my Budget a bit. The car just needs the new balljoints/tie rods /outers fitted as routine maintenance (they have only done 4 WRC's..... Lol) that are sitting in the front seat and a pair of new rear shafts as they have done nearly 3 seasons.

I've also got a new car in the works this going to seriously mess with you lot. It's beyond your comprehension. I think CI's head was blown when I actually got the drivetrain to fit....

I see you doubt me.... Stay tuned.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The ONLY time you get emissions tested is to remove a defect or to get engineered. Otherwise no testing at all.

I cant remember ever seeing or hearing about a bro-truck being canaried but loving WOE TO YOU if you have a Skyline / S15 / WRX with a handful of small mods. And the number of shitbox crossovers that have hosed tyres...... no wonder the cops are looked on with such disgust by the car community. Stop wasting time on guys who like modding and go deal with actual dangerous poo poo like the tippers with dog trailers that keep on falling to bits.

I recall being on the way back from Mudgee and being passed by a Captiva, over double lines, right in front of a sign alerting them of a passing lane coming up. Then I noticed that the rear drivers side wheel had a severe wobble to it and noped the gently caress back. Never mind the poo poo you see every time you drive on the M4/M5 etc. But a pod filter is dangerous :rolleyes:

Kaptainballistik posted:

I've also got a new car in the works this going to seriously mess with you lot. It's beyond your comprehension. I think CI's head was blown when I actually got the drivetrain to fit....

I see you doubt me.... Stay tuned.

twin LS 4WD ute in the spirit of the Dirt Every Day Caddy or GTFO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ChAd3dxXRc

goddamit why can't I just make that url a link!

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The rule is 10cm is min height so if you cant go over a Coke can, you are bait. And yes.... many exotics are below that height and are flat out defectable from the factory. And they do get defected too.

We get some oddities like that over here too, although you won't get pinged for it on your new car. If it's factory, that's fine, but a recent example is the exhaust cutouts lots of performance cars come with now. Perfectly legal if factory, but I can't fit them to an older car even if it meets the noise limits. Edit: also cats - I can't remove emissions equipment, but there's no testing, visual only, so I can gut them happily.

NZ cops can be dicks about modded cars, but usually you have to either be caught in the act of being a dickhead on the street, or give the cops attitude for them to go to town on you.

BuckyDoneGun fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 6, 2018

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

slothrop posted:

I recall being on the way back from Mudgee and being passed by a Captiva, over double lines, right in front of a sign alerting them of a passing lane coming up. Then I noticed that the rear drivers side wheel had a severe wobble to it and noped the gently caress back. Never mind the poo poo you see every time you drive on the M4/M5 etc. But a pod filter is dangerous :rolleyes:

twin LS 4WD ute in the spirit of the Dirt Every Day Caddy or GTFO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ChAd3dxXRc

goddamit why can't I just make that url a link!

I have been thinking more a LS3 supercharger and heads would be interesting!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.facebook.com/kaptainballistik/posts/10155428891823723

VOTE - live or die?

Also -

CLEAN. And I dont mean the black car

4 months, 8000kms and not a hint of issues. The Liberty would have probably exploded five times by now. Opinion of car (brilliant apart from rear shock rate) and CVT (Livable) not changed at all. Given it didnt miss a beat during this fearsome summer probably means my opinion improved, just because it hasnt tried to melt down.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Not a bad pull. Let it live! (voted over there on FB, too.)

quote:

Also -

CLEAN. And I dont mean the black car

I love how the Australian Chrysler products look and feel like they're from a similar, but different reality. Which I guess they are in a way. It's like a US Charger that didn't get quite so biiiiig (not a bad thing, really.) We did at least get performance variants of the Dart, Demon, and Duster compacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Darchangel posted:

Not a bad pull. Let it live! (voted over there on FB, too.)

I love how the Australian Chrysler products look and feel like they're from a similar, but different reality. Which I guess they are in a way. It's like a US Charger that didn't get quite so biiiiig (not a bad thing, really.) We did at least get performance variants of the Dart, Demon, and Duster compacts.

In what way are they compacts? :v:
We got something close to the dart with the chrysler valiant regal. Also something close to the duster/demon with the VH valiant hardtop and the CH chrysler hard-top coupe (very low numbers sold but my favourite - I like them even more than the 3/4 scale chargers sold here) E: http://herman.coomans.net/hardtops.html

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Feb 22, 2018