Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Considering getting Big Bobby G for my Ultramarines Successors and I just have a couple quick questions to make sure.

1) Since he only has the ULTRAMARINES faction keyword and not HOWLING GRIFFONS or DONG RAZZLERS or whatever the Successor Chapter’s name is, does he have to be in his own personal detachment without any of YOUR GUYS in it?

2) Similarly, do his abilities that buff ULTRAMARINES fail to affect Successor Chapters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

PantsOptional posted:

Considering getting Big Bobby G for my Ultramarines Successors and I just have a couple quick questions to make sure.

1) Since he only has the ULTRAMARINES faction keyword and not HOWLING GRIFFONS or DONG RAZZLERS or whatever the Successor Chapter’s name is, does he have to be in his own personal detachment without any of YOUR GUYS in it?

2) Similarly, do his abilities that buff ULTRAMARINES fail to affect Successor Chapters?

1) the only detachment you even could run him with your guys in is a supreme command so it wouldn't be likely to come up.

2) yes it's just chapter ultramarines but only scumbags would argue against you just running them as chapter ultramarines-wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
That’s kind of what I figured but what with GW recently saying that Successors players that they can’t take the Founding Chapter’s Warlord Trait I figured it was worth checking.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Las Vegas, Nevada. Late January 2018:

Las Vegas Open 40k finals plagued with bad behaviour, slow play and accusations of cheating.

30k tournament to be merged with narrative event because everyone is too chill.

Early February, the 40k thread:

SteelMentor posted:

HH players tend to be on average more toxic that 40k

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Fairly sure that's because HH is a dead game.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

That retro landspeeder owns, but when is Alpharius coming out

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Fairly sure that's because HH is a dead game.

I’m going to make a game out of you being dead, Joe.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Hopefully he is as big as a terminator at most .

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It was just a preview, but it looked pretty far along. FW has said they plan on releasing two primarchs this year so he'll probably be out in the Fall or Winter. Probably November or December. The Alpha Legion is going to play a small role in Book VIII so he'd be a good tie-in assuming Sanguinius isn't ready by then. And assuming the book is out before the end of the year. :v:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Thundercloud posted:

When are the rules for the HH Custodes stuff coming out?

That will solve any AT problems the current codex has.

If it comes out before 9th edition I'll be shocked.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Hopefully he is as big as a terminator at most .

Has anyone gotten around to making a correctly scaled alpha legion army for HH using primaris as a base yet?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TTerrible posted:

Look at this toxic behavior.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Goofing around with a potential Primaris list using Custodes allies...

2000 Points, 6 CP
Battalion - Blood Angels
HQ - Captain in Gravis Armor
HQ - Primaris Lieutenant w/ Power Sword

E - 6x Aggressors w/ Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets
E - 6x Aggressors w/ Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets
E - Primaris Ancient w/ Standard of Sacrifice (Relics of Baal Stratagem)

T - 5x Intercessors w/ Grenade Launcher, Power Sword

HS - 5x Hellblasters w/ Assault Plasma Incinerators
HS - 5x Hellblasters w/ Assault Plasma Incinerators

Supreme Command Detachment - Adeptus Custodes
HQ - Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike w/ Salvo Launcher, Castellan's Mark, Warlord: Emperor's Champion
HQ - Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike w/ Salvo Launcher
HQ - Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike w/ Salvo Launcher

E - Vexillus Praetor w/ Vexella Defensor, Misericordia, Castellan Axe

Nominal concept is that the Shield-Captains run around causing havoc while the Aggressors, Captain, Ancient, and Praetor form an advancing ball that's very difficult to kill and hits extremely hard.

Any thoughts on this?

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

moths posted:

There's an old, metal WE figure that's pretty great. Alternatively, you could use the Khorne bloodboi AoS icon bearer (from the starter box set) as a basis for conversion, he's a rad model.

There's also an OOP set of khorne icons called Banners of Rage, which would look fantastic.

Thankd for the ideas! I had forgotten about some of those. I’m mostly interested in the Legion CMD because their banners are more of a blank slate so I could more easily put WE stuff on them, trying to emphasize that more than Khorne stuff.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Loving all the Heresy Specials coming out to defend their trash game :v

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Look at this toxic behavior.

Do you want to be on his team too? :argh:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Do you want to be on his team too? :argh:
TTerrible. The extra T stands for Toxic.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Please don't use my true name in the 40k thread :ssh:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TTerrible posted:

I am feeling very attacked right now.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Honestly I would love to get into 30K but I just spent ten loving hours painting a single Primaris officer and I am not convinced that I will finish anything before 9th comes out.

Plus Bloodbowl.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
gently caress. You've just reminded me that I need to finish painting my Orc team + Troll. And my Necromunda gangers. And the Orlocks when they come out.

On top of painting 1,500 points of Death Guard.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly I would love to get into 30K but I just spent ten loving hours painting a single Primaris officer and I am not convinced that I will finish anything before 9th comes out.

Plus Bloodbowl.

30k is pretty punishing with unit sizes. It's a hell of a hobby commitment.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Plus Bloodbowl.
I just make my 30k army cross-compatible with 40k. It was pretty easy, I just had to pick up some heavy weapons and I was pretty much there. 40k DA have a bunch of unique units, but I already had those from years in 40k. Not that I got around to painting most of them though. :v: I'm still torn on doing Deathwing terminators and knights in bone or black. I'll be keeping cataphractii and tartaros in black since they're really for my 30k army, but I like the bone-colored armor and would like to have it somewhere.

The reality is that I'm focusing on the 30k side of things, but I like having the option. Those poor Deathwing models probably won't ever see paint.

TTerrible posted:

30k is pretty punishing with unit sizes. It's a hell of a hobby commitment.
You're not wrong. Some of the first things I painted were 40 tacticals and I'm glad that's over with; I won't ever need more. Of course, I'm seriously considering getting 15 breachers for ZM...

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

You're not wrong. Some of the first things I painted were 40 tacticals and I'm glad that's over with; I won't ever need more. Of course, I'm seriously considering getting 15 breachers for ZM...

Breachers are extremely cool after all.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Finally the avatar change I deserve

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

Worst come to worst, get them some cheap plastic toys, blast 'em with primer, and set them up with some of the 70 cent a bottle non-toxic acrylics from the craft store in a little wet pallet so they can feel like they belong, but don't get frustrated with tiny detail they may not have the dexterity for yet.

I got her a Rhino from the save-me case. It was $20, talked the guy down to $10 when I told him what it was for. It has a multi-melta I think the weapon is? Not very detailed, and I got her some Vallejo colors I want to try myself anyway. Too bad there's no used $2 Primaris Marines, I don't think she has the dexterity for regular Space Marines just yet.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
That reminds me, I need to get around to selling all my Heresy stuff.

Scene around here fell off a cliff after 8th came out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LifeLynx posted:

I got her a Rhino from the save-me case. It was $20, talked the guy down to $10 when I told him what it was for. It has a multi-melta I think the weapon is? Not very detailed, and I got her some Vallejo colors I want to try myself anyway. Too bad there's no used $2 Primaris Marines, I don't think she has the dexterity for regular Space Marines just yet.

Ask what she likes to paint, get some cheap ones off of eBay, spend some quality time together learning how to strip miniatures, and go hog wild.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

gently caress. You've just reminded me that I need to finish painting my Orc team + Troll. And my Necromunda gangers. And the Orlocks when they come out.

On top of painting 1,500 points of Death Guard.

For me it's...

2000 points of Imperial... something for 40K. Ideally in time for NOVA.
Ork, Human, and Ogre Spawn Blood Bowl Teams
Goliath and Escher Gangs
Something on the order of 2 Biker Warbosses, 1 Biker KFF Mek, 1 Battlewagon, and 41 Boyz to get to 1500 points

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If she's into cute stuff as well as shootmen, Reaper's mouseling adventurers are both adorable and simple to paint.

And if you're the Worlds Nerdiest Dad you can then use them to play D&D with her :v:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
My Blight-Hauler’s first adventure in the grimdark world worked incredibly. I had underestimated how beneficial a mobile cover save was and it managed two back-to-back Multimelta overwatch shots killing a Dreadnought and Space Marine Captain.

My escalation league list is still hurting for anti-tank/monster but it’s done pretty solid over all. My 1250pt list has two Foul Blightspawn. :getin:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
buildin' a forgesphinx

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

PierreTheMime posted:

it managed two back-to-back Multimelta overwatch shots killing a Dreadnought and Space Marine Captain.

Haha, classic. One of my first games of 8th, I had a Trygon charge one of my reduced Scion squads - all that was left were 2 meltaguns. I rolled 2 6s for the overwatch, and with the melta rule scored the full 12 wounds, killing it outright. :feelsgood:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

susan posted:

Hi all, hobby question for y'all: My wife and I for some reason have decided to make an Imperator Titan as a 2018 project, so we're starting to assemble materials that'll help make the project as easy as possible. Picture reference:

Now some of the individual components here are easy. The right arm (left on the pic) could easily be fashioned from a Nerf Zombie Strike pistol:

And Pegasus makes modular castle-type terrain, so the top castle portion should be easy enough:

The support skeleton we'll make from iron pipes (gently caress the weight, I don't want PVC to break mid-build) and insulation foam for most of the mass/stability, and I'm not *really* concerned about the head since we should be able to find any number of pieces online that'll fit the general profile with a good paint job. But we're blanking on the left arm component; it looks like something that should exist as a Nerf or other squirtgun-type device, but I just can't find something that looks right. Similarly, we'll likely be in need of some bulk bits for everything from windows to garage doors to massive Aquillas and everything in between, so if you have recommendations on where we can look I'd appreciate it :) . Thanks!

Have you looked at hose or shower attachments?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

susan posted:

Hi all, hobby question for y'all: My wife and I for some reason have decided to make an Imperator Titan as a 2018 project, so we're starting to assemble materials that'll help make the project as easy as possible. Picture reference:

Now some of the individual components here are easy. The right arm (left on the pic) could easily be fashioned from a Nerf Zombie Strike pistol:

And Pegasus makes modular castle-type terrain, so the top castle portion should be easy enough:

The support skeleton we'll make from iron pipes (gently caress the weight, I don't want PVC to break mid-build) and insulation foam for most of the mass/stability, and I'm not *really* concerned about the head since we should be able to find any number of pieces online that'll fit the general profile with a good paint job. But we're blanking on the left arm component; it looks like something that should exist as a Nerf or other squirtgun-type device, but I just can't find something that looks right. Similarly, we'll likely be in need of some bulk bits for everything from windows to garage doors to massive Aquillas and everything in between, so if you have recommendations on where we can look I'd appreciate it :) . Thanks!

This thread may be of interest to you: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/330905-blackadders-attempt-to-build-a-lucius-patten-imperator/

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Its kind of shocking to me how popular the Death Guard release was, they seem to have totally overshadowed the Primaris Marines in their own box set.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Two Beans posted:

buildin' a forgesphinx

Somewhere, a Tomb King player weeps a solitary tear.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Well, chaos get units pretty sporadically by comparison, and as nice as Primaris marines look they're still basically proportionally balanced marines.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

AnEdgelord posted:

Its kind of shocking to me how popular the Death Guard release was, they seem to have totally overshadowed the Primaris Marines in their own box set.

Nurgle loves you more than the Emperor? :shrug:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Played a 1500 point game against Custodes today, and it turns out they're pretty loving tough. With the -1 to hit Vexillia in particular it took a ludicrous amount of shooting to do anything to them. I did eventually manage to kill an Allarus Custodian with exactly 13 shots from a Strike team, but I couldn't generate wounds to save my life until the 4th or 5th turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Updated the army, significantly more special weapons than before, although with the new issue of a unit of troop sisters without vehicle for the moment; needed to make point room for the elysian vets, so I scrapped the patrol detach and put the repents in the batallion, where they hog up a rhino.

https://pastebin.com/swv5parg

Since Battlescribe doesnt allow you to allocate units to certain vehicles, the setup in concept is:
1 Valkyrie (9 veterans, 1 commander, 2 tarantualas) 12/12
1 Rhino (Celestine, 2 Geminae, Mistress, 3 repentias, 2 crusaders) 9/10
1 Repressor (Storm Bolter wagon; canoness, 9 sisters) 10/10
4 Sisters on foot
8 Damned that can deep strike
1 Vindicare that can deep strike
1 Canoness on foot (is there a cheap and ideally suicidal deep strike HQ? She HQ's the engines, which are vehicles so I assume they cant embark)
3 Penitent Engines on foot

Also:

Space Butler posted:

Don't forget repentia are t3 with a 6+, again I've not fielded mine but I have my doubts about them even getting into combat without overwatch just mulching them.

I read somewhere that vehicles can charge, eating overwatch fire so the units inside can safely get in the thick of it. Did I misread that?

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 4, 2018