Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

priznat posted:

It’s a shame I kill way more nice fish just by accidentally plowing through them with my Seamoth than killing actual rear end in a top hat predators. gently caress the Bleeder forever.

you can't even cook and eat the fucker. I want some goddamn ironic punishment for that poo poo leech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

double nine posted:

you can't even cook and eat the fucker. I want some goddamn ironic punishment for that poo poo leech.

rear end in a top hat killed me on super low health after a bunch of misadventures in the Aurora. Came back with the repulsor and just shot them into the walls repeatedly which seems to stun them a little :sigh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

priznat posted:

rear end in a top hat killed me on super low health after a bunch of misadventures in the Aurora. Came back with the repulsor and just shot them into the walls repeatedly which seems to stun them a little :sigh:
Yeah, feels like even when I've got the heat knife the little shits are just too resilient, or the recursive swarm effect makes it feel like it while they still don't kill me.

"Time to repair the reactor again-ow, stab. Okay, time to-OW. stab.- ow. stab. ow. stab." I miss being able to beat them to death with the scanner. Or if you can still do that, it's just so finicky it never works for me.

Though it's tiger plants being super resilient before you've unlocked the reinforced suit that bothers me more in the early game. "Okay let's check this wreck... two tiger plants, stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab. one down. Repeat... and there was only a single seamoth fragments okay." it's a stationary plant, why is it tougher than a shark.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 3, 2018

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I've never bothered killing tiger plants. They're insanely weak to circle-strafing so I just make a loop around whatever I'm scanning and gtfout.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Built a prawnsuit and went down into the blood kelp zone to get some blood oil.

My prawnsuit is now lost in the blood kelp zone.

RIP prawnsuit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Never get out of the prawnsuit!!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

priznat posted:

Never get out of the prawnsuit!!

Well the warpers didn't help on that score. Also I can't jump out of the trench so it's sort of stick there.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
Just bought this yesterday and going in pretty blind (saw early gameplay on twitch)
Having a fear of the ocean, especially the dark deep areas makes this game into a massive horror fest for me.

God drat it's pretty great.

Once I got my air supply high enough and the little hand-engine thingy, just picked a spot and went down as far as I could go (after saving).
Around 400m or so, battery died (oops, forgot to bring a spare), heard ?roaring? and then looked around with the hand flashlight and HOLY JESUS gently caress WHAT THE gently caress IS THA.....dead.

Yeah its pretty fun. Although trying to keep track of what resources I need to build stuff is a pain in the rear end. Really, really needs a summary list for higher level stuff so I don't have to keep tracking up and down the crafting list and writing this stuff down before heading out for a scavenging mission.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Whorelord posted:

Well the warpers didn't help on that score. Also I can't jump out of the trench so it's sort of stick there.

build some jump boosters or whatever they're called, install them, get your suit back?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

CodeJanitor posted:

Just bought this yesterday and going in pretty blind (saw early gameplay on twitch)
Having a fear of the ocean, especially the dark deep areas makes this game into a massive horror fest for me.

God drat it's pretty great.

Once I got my air supply high enough and the little hand-engine thingy, just picked a spot and went down as far as I could go (after saving).
Around 400m or so, battery died (oops, forgot to bring a spare), heard ?roaring? and then looked around with the hand flashlight and HOLY JESUS gently caress WHAT THE gently caress IS THA.....dead.

Yeah its pretty fun. Although trying to keep track of what resources I need to build stuff is a pain in the rear end. Really, really needs a summary list for higher level stuff so I don't have to keep tracking up and down the crafting list and writing this stuff down before heading out for a scavenging mission.

you should try it in vr if you think its scary on a monitor

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

double nine posted:

build some jump boosters or whatever they're called, install them, get your suit back?

they need nikel and some other poo poo i haven't seen at all

genuinely might just be easier to make a new suit at this point

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

Google Butt posted:

you should try it in vr if you think its scary on a monitor

Oh god, I am so happy I don't own a VR unit right now. Just going down into the depths causes me anxiety.

Seriously, back in WoW there was a druid class quest to go down into the ocean and pick up an item for the water form. That quest seriously bothered me and I would race to get back to the surface.

That should give an idea of how stressful the areas in this game are for me. Great fun being constantly stressed and on edge as I progress further into unknown areas.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

CodeJanitor posted:

Oh god, I am so happy I don't own a VR unit right now. Just going down into the depths causes me anxiety.

Seriously, back in WoW there was a druid class quest to go down into the ocean and pick up an item for the water form. That quest seriously bothered me and I would race to get back to the surface.

That should give an idea of how stressful the areas in this game are for me. Great fun being constantly stressed and on edge as I progress further into unknown areas.

Seaglide is super great, but no joke don't forget about the air bladder when it comes to reaching the surface in a hurry without a vehicle. Worth it when you break the surface as you are blacking out thanks to automatic balloon lift.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

CodeJanitor posted:

Once you have a scanner room, it's easier to go on resource gathering missions for a single thing. Make some dedicated lockers for poo poo you need a lot of and fill them up. I have like 3 lockers for titanium alone.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I took my Seamoth out to the Aurora and got it stuck on the shore. :downsgun:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Finally the big day arrived. Took my cyclops down into the Lost River. Couple scary moments with Leviathans, but dropping my drill equipped prawn suit off made it all worthwhile. No more resource shortfalls for me, ever again. I’m building more and more lockers just to store my haul. I fully upgraded both the prawn and the cyclops’s depth modules (and pulling out the cyclops module, making a mad dash to the mod station and running it back was no joke). Thermal module installed too, so I’m heading to lavaland next.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Whorelord posted:

they need nikel and some other poo poo i haven't seen at all

genuinely might just be easier to make a new suit at this point

You actually need the Grappling Arm.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

McGavin posted:

I took my Seamoth out to the Aurora and got it stuck on the shore. :downsgun:
Yet another reason I seaglide my way to the auroua these days. Though I know where the entrances are so that means less time swimming in sight of reapers :v:

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Finally the big day arrived. Took my cyclops down into the Lost River. Couple scary moments with Leviathans, but dropping my drill equipped prawn suit off made it all worthwhile. No more resource shortfalls for me, ever again. I’m building more and more lockers just to store my haul. I fully upgraded both the prawn and the cyclops’s depth modules (and pulling out the cyclops module, making a mad dash to the mod station and running it back was no joke). Thermal module installed too, so I’m heading to lavaland next.
Don't forget the cyclops basement freebie lockers. One of the legit good changes that finally came to the cyclops.

God, remember when they were x2 across and most of the tools in the game were 3x3 size? Now you don't need to build a locker on top of your locker to stash a spare seaglide by your cyclops airlock.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Section Z posted:

Don't forget the cyclops basement freebie lockers. One of the legit good changes that finally came to the cyclops.

Wish you could freaking label the lockers tho (without using 2 copper), i always end up putting actual lockers on-top of them so i can see at a glance what they contain.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

:rip:

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
Tweet is already deleted due to the responses.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Applebee123 posted:

Tweet is already deleted due to the responses.

Good job, you cracked the riddle of why I had to post a screenshot of it

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You know a game has issues, when not even the easiest softball can sway "fix your poo poo" votes.

Though I suppose the more optimistic take is. Maybe this means a female character model is no longer too hard for them to ever make :v:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Well now. Let's not be hasty. How big are the tits and can you see them in VR?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

That tweet is from two years ago.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
In that case i hope the offer to improve core gameplay is still on the table :bahgawd:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sininu posted:

Ah, so it is.

The "Subnautica 1.0" name and the fact there are tweets as fresh as 1 hour ago for appologizing about Ladies Vs optimizations, and "I want the expansion to have a female character" made me think they were doing a second take on that poll.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 3, 2018

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I made a Cyclops and went hunting for the 500m deep Degrassi base. Couldn't find a way in because it's impossible to see, so I just freedove it. Lots of warpers and other terrifying things but I just did it fast. Kinda not sure what's next though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sininu posted:

https://twitter.com/dijon_dujour/status/959911136123609088

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Cyclops: How to I power this thing? I don't have the heat thing or the power cell charger thing.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Elendil004 posted:

Cyclops: How to I power this thing? I don't have the heat thing or the power cell charger thing.
  • Build more power cells.
  • Start searching wrecks for the power cell charger thing.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I feel like I've hit the wall in this game. I don't know if the databoxes are random or what, but I'm pretty sure I've searched every possible wreck I can get to and haven't found any blueprints that will let me go deeper than 200m. Feels like looking for a needle in a haystack at this point. Is there some area I can find that, or do I have to build 10 scanner rooms to locate every possible databox?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

the black husserl posted:

I feel like I've hit the wall in this game. I don't know if the databoxes are random or what, but I'm pretty sure I've searched every possible wreck I can get to and haven't found any blueprints that will let me go deeper than 200m. Feels like looking for a needle in a haystack at this point. Is there some area I can find that, or do I have to build 10 scanner rooms to locate every possible databox?

There's a seamoth depth upgrade in the Aurora.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Moonpool and Upgrade Console should let you build Mk1s?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

the black husserl posted:

Well if you're ready for spoilers then here's a wiki article for the thing you're after.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The Aurora has the depth upgrade and full blueprints for a prawn suit, which can go to 900(?) unassisted.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

McCracAttack posted:

• Build more power cells.
  • Start searching wrecks for the power cell charger thing.

Is there any way to get the scanner to unscan things you've visited/explored? Any way to mark a wreck as searched?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

A lantern tree with a stillsuit comes very close to meeting all your needs.

True I guess though I never use the stillsuit, by the time I bother to fix the reactor I'm ready to go down to the lost river and for that, the hardened suit is far preferable.

Not actually sure I can even build the stillsuit in my current game come to think of it.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Thanks everybody, could have sworn I explored the whole ship but now I know to go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Elendil004 posted:

Is there any way to get the scanner to unscan things you've visited/explored? Any way to mark a wreck as searched?

You could put beacons on wrecks you've cleared. I honestly never bothered with the scanner room. Zooming about and searching with the sea moth seemed quicker. I think you can actually hear wrecks when you get near them. They sound like metal falling down an AC vent. Or at least I think that's what that sound meant.