Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Outrail posted:

Why the gently caress is anybody giving a bunch of football players any attention at all? It's like thinking the opinions of a random bricklayer or taxi driver are significant. They're influential because they're influential? gently caress off.

Thomas Friedman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

happyhippy posted:

It's the only way he can get an erection.

You may very well be correct.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
lol just lol at the speaker of the house of representatives in 2018 touting an extra $75 dollars a year as some kind of immense boon to someone's personal finance. just..................... lol. meanwhile the uber rich wipe their rear end with the extra thousands of $100 bills this tax bill will get them.

death to america

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

LifeSunDeath posted:

dunno for you exactly but she swears by moving departments and companies and negotiating for more, that said by "ratcheting" i'm talking like about a 10 dollar increase in pay over the last 6 years.
To be fair, with nurses average salaries $10/hr would be like a 30% increase.

I found out what nurses tend to make recently, and yeesh for a profession that requires extra education it’s not great.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Damo posted:

lol just lol at the speaker of the house of representatives in 2018 touting an extra $75 dollars a year as some kind of immense boon to someone's personal finance. just..................... lol. meanwhile the uber rich wipe their rear end with the extra thousands of $100 bills this tax bill will get them.

death to america

$75 to the employee, $925 to the employer.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Traveling nurse is where it's at. Negotiate your pay every few months and a change of scenery.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Big Beef City posted:

I listen to Rush and Hannity on the radio

Why do you torture yourself?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Damo posted:

death to america

literally the equivalent of 10 hours of work at minimum wage a minmum wage job

He's the Speaker of the House

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Here's a career path for you consideration: serial killer Robin Hood who kills the rich so we can snack on them afterwards?? I hear that's becoming quite lucrative

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
I'm being facetious btw

its not a new thing, that has been lucrative since the French Revolution

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rex-Goliath posted:

what’s funny is fox’s hosts are still largely gen-x. imagine waking up in the morning and looking at yourself in the mirror knowing your job is to sheepherd scared and confused old people. i wonder how many of them completely loathe themselves

Money is a helluva lubricant.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chernobyl baby posted:

Here's a career path for you consideration: serial killer Robin Hood who kills the rich so we can snack on them afterwards?? I hear that's becoming quite lucrative

I'll only take the job if I can use this thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os9q0VUIn9M

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Thomas Friedman?

Ben Bailey.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

why do these people even care what the little people think

Because they need to sell the Tax Bill as good in order to keep it and Ryan got half a million from the Koch brothers after it was passed.

If it remains or becomes less popular, it can be changed and they don't want that.

http://time.com/5075076/koch-brothers-tax-bill-campaign/

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

my new dog posted:

You say it like a crow would

hahahahahahahaha

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Okay, I feel like I'm missing something here on the Memo.

Nunes said he didn't read the FISA warrants.

He said he made Trey Gowdy do it.

Trey Gowdy announced his retirement from Congress the day before the Memo's release.

What's the connection?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Obsidianheart posted:

Trey Gowdy announced his retirement from Congress the day before the Memo's release.

What's the connection?

Gowdy also said the memo was dumb and worthless basically.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Obsidianheart posted:

What's the connection?

Presumably Trey wants to spend more time with his family :downs:

The Trump Train sure has a lot of GOP folk greasing the wheels. I guess that encourages new blood?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Obsidianheart posted:

What's the connection?

Like Jason Chaffetz he realized OMFG this is all true and it's coming down like a comically large Roadrunner anvil and I'm the coyote *dives out of the frame*

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

Gowdy also said the memo was dumb and worthless basically.

Big red arrows and circles around this corkboard item

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Flesh Forge posted:

Like Jason Chaffetz he realized OMFG this is all true and it's coming down like a comically large Roadrunner anvil and I'm the coyote *dives out of the frame*

And then in a few years, they can come back and say that they weren't involved in this poo poo and they want to help reestablish a respectable face for republicans

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

that picture of the guy with his girlfriend who's checkin out the chick walkin by, except the dude is kissinger with a ragin boner and the chick walkin by is the roasted corpse of a massacred korean child

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

JFC lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
holy poo poo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:distonk:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:popeye:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
that picture is worth a hundred lols

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

And then in a few years, they can come back and say that they weren't involved in this poo poo and they want to help reestablish a respectable face for republicans

The can also cozy up to the same pro Termp voters and say "Well you know I wasn't the one to bring Turpm down, I was out of office :shrug: MAGA2 LECTRIC BOOGALOO"

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Harminoff posted:

lol he deleted the tweet

Holy loving poo poo these people are literally so god drat evil on every single level lmao

Like am I supposed to believe Paul Ryan wasn’t sitting there wiping his tears from laughter at writing that, with 100 dollar bills ?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Apparently #YoMemoJokes is trending on Twitter right now.

https://twitter.com/realAsteroid/status/959612598030188544

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in any other generation paul ryan would be a textbook handsome and successful politician but im glad the internet exists so he can get smeared nonstop and anyone who wants to do a quick google search to see how much of a oval office he is

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Sorry, here's a better one.

https://twitter.com/FailShark/status/959611161066000384

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Make the little crying girl the back girl and the front girl should be Kim Jong un

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Blast of Confetti posted:

in any other generation paul ryan would be a textbook handsome and successful politician but im glad the internet exists so he can get smeared nonstop and anyone who wants to do a quick google search to see how much of a oval office he is

He’s a spineless loving worm lol

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Obsidianheart posted:

What's the connection?
I think a spot for a federal judge is opening up in south carolina and he may be interested in trying to get appointed. He's a lawyer and seems to enjoy being in the courtroom from what little I know

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I think a spot for a federal judge is opening up in south carolina and he may be interested in trying to get appointed. He's a lawyer and seems to enjoy being in the courtroom from what little I know

HE already said he wasn't interested in that judgeship

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

:five:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Yo memo is so terrible Paul Ryan is taking credit for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

happyhippy posted:

Yo memo is so terrible Paul Ryan is taking credit for it.

George Wallace had another good one

https://twitter.com/MrGeorgeWallace/status/959598222258814976