Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

hey leave chad alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Don't be afraid to set up further than range 3 away. If they set up in one corner, I may set up Poe directly across from them and Han in or near the complete opposite corner, forcing them to choose their poison.

What happened to your Poe in that game? It sounds like you moved/placed last?

Yeah. He was all PS11, so once Han got the PS0 crit, I couldn't land enough damage on Poe at once to put him down. It was a good 9-10 turns after Han died before he managed hull damage on my Poe.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Had my buddy run the 2 Lothal Rebels & Outer Rim Smuggler. vs Nym/Tori/Jostero
Pretty sure if it wasn't his first time running it he would have smashed me. Finished at 70 min with only Nym alive with no shields. He is going to run it at regionals for shits and giggles. Might not make day 2, but it is going to scare the poo poo out of some people.

42 loving health on 3 LG base ships ain't no loving joke even when you are stacked with harpoons.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

11-14 red dice with some guaranteed mods from those same ships is also scary.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

So is there anything interesting but still competitive for Imperials now besides gunboat harpoon lists? That's what I'm planning on taking to Adepticon, but it might be nice to try something a little less common.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
There's a fun Kylo/QD/Countdown list I've been running that works surprisingly well. It's worked against bombs and big rebels but I haven't tried it yet against gunboats

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Funzo posted:

So is there anything interesting but still competitive for Imperials now besides gunboat harpoon lists? That's what I'm planning on taking to Adepticon, but it might be nice to try something a little less common.

Chicago regional was just won by Yorr driving the palpmobile with Inquisitor and Quickdraw.
RAC with Kylo crew and Palp plus either Blackout or Quickdraw is a really good list too.

Both of those really suffer against tanky Ghosts though, of which there are many right now

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

RAC + Quickdraw is mean as poo poo.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!99:27,-1,21,45,195,-1:-1:-1:;208:27,36,243,254:42:31:&sn=RAC%20Quickdraw&obs=

That is a good starting framework. You've 2 points left to play with. Take the bid? Dauntless? Ion/Seismic bomb? Drop Harpoon and toss engine or countermeasures on RAC?

I've played it and against it probably 20 times now and it is the hardest of hard counters against a lot of the Rebel bullshit running around right now.

Kanan/Fenn? You'll nuke Fenn in a couple of turns, tops, then just blind Kanan until he's dead. If he uses Sensor Jammer you just turn it to a crit with RAC's ability. Miranda can't regen if she's blinded. Corran dies in two shots. Poe is tougher, but not that tough, and you have Gunner to start. Rey may never get to shoot.

It's also baller against harpoon boats. You'll blind one a round, assuming you don't kill one outright on the first turn. This list's damage output is really, really high.

The only thing that's consistently beaten it locally was a double regen Nora/Poe/Rex list. Quad TLTs would probably be difficult, also, but who runs that nowadays?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I had a RAClo/TIE Silencer list I want to try out next time I get a chance to play. Probably not very effective,. but fun at least.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

RAC + Quickdraw is mean as poo poo.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!99:27,-1,21,45,195,-1:-1:-1:;208:27,36,243,254:42:31:&sn=RAC%20Quickdraw&obs=

That is a good starting framework. You've 2 points left to play with. Take the bid? Dauntless? Ion/Seismic bomb? Drop Harpoon and toss engine or countermeasures on RAC?

I've played it and against it probably 20 times now and it is the hardest of hard counters against a lot of the Rebel bullshit running around right now.

Kanan/Fenn? You'll nuke Fenn in a couple of turns, tops, then just blind Kanan until he's dead. If he uses Sensor Jammer you just turn it to a crit with RAC's ability. Miranda can't regen if she's blinded. Corran dies in two shots. Poe is tougher, but not that tough, and you have Gunner to start. Rey may never get to shoot.

It's also baller against harpoon boats. You'll blind one a round, assuming you don't kill one outright on the first turn. This list's damage output is really, really high.

The only thing that's consistently beaten it locally was a double regen Nora/Poe/Rex list. Quad TLTs would probably be difficult, also, but who runs that nowadays?

If you're running RAC, you cannot afford not to have engine. You are all about range control and arc dodging, it's the only way you don't die.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

If you're running RAC, you cannot afford not to have engine. You are all about range control and arc dodging, it's the only way you don't die.

I used to think that until I ran this list. Every time I wish I'd had engine, it's because I made a poor choice in maneuvers and needed to fix my mistake, or in the rare cases where Quickdraw died first. This list survives by killing things before they can shoot and blinding those it can't kill instantly.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I have used a PS 11 Kylo and PS 11 Quickdraw with Epsilon Ace (PS 12 until a damage card is dealt) which is pretty fun and somewhat effective. Sometimes putting Vader at PS 11 instead of QD.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://youtu.be/DWPnTfbsAas

Here's Drew Bishop clowning on a Miranda/Corran list with RAClo plus Blackout at last week's system open. This match shows some really great maneuvering and strategy on when to place the crits.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Ok, showing my ignorance again. How does that RAClo list deal a pile of damage? I can see 6 from the Decimator, plus 4 from the Harpoon. Am I missing something else?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Here's Drew Bishop clowning on a Miranda/Corran list with RAClo plus Blackout at last week's system open. This match shows some really great maneuvering and strategy on when to place the crits.

Yeah I watched that yesterday too and it was beautiful. Didn't even lose half the deci.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Ok, showing my ignorance again. How does that RAClo list deal a pile of damage? I can see 6 from the Decimator, plus 4 from the Harpoon. Am I missing something else?

Quickdraw shoots twice if they target him, for another 3.

That's enough to kill most (but not all) small-based ships, even without QD's second shot. Those it can't kill typically have low agility so you push through the blinded pilot and finish it off with QD the next round while RAC blinds the next ship in line.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah I watched that yesterday too and it was beautiful. Didn't even lose half the deci.

I don't know how the rest of his day went, but since I was talking to him after round 4 and he was joining hangar bay, he must have gotten bounced in his 4th game. No idea against what.

I imagine a really well played Miranda/Nym or Fenn+Ghost list would do pretty well in that matchup.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

canyoneer posted:

I'm not sure I'd have that kind of patience.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Drew flew Whisper and RAC forever before this, so he's got some practice.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Jesus. Literally half an hour in and not a single die roll. WHEN DO THEY GET TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jesus. Literally half an hour in and not a single die roll. WHEN DO THEY GET TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY?

Once it starts it's over in about three rounds (with a couple more to finish it up)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ConfusedUs posted:

Once it starts it's over in about three rounds (with a couple more to finish it up)

I know. It's just by far, the most boring AAR I've ever watched.

EDIT: Just FYI, dice get thrown at 39 minutes.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 2, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm going to put in some reps tonight with Poe Yolo.

In my three triple Punisher games on Wednesday, I always felt I was in an uphill battle. That I had to overcome something to win.

In my two Poe Yolo games, I felt that I had the upper hand almost immediately, that the games were mine to lose. In many ways, it's the strategy is similar to how I play Decimator + Ace. My primary goal is to put my wingman into a position where he can't lose.

I'm worried about selflessness squads, though. I need to test against that to see how it goes.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Observe, 2 jumpmasters and a party bus with trickshot and Jabba dropping 6 debris :allears:

This is thematically appropriate use of Jabba.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I don't usually play Rebels, but I'm trying to put together something for my wife to play. How's this look?

98 points

PILOTS

Miranda Doni (46)
K-Wing (29), Twin Laser Turret (6), Extra Munitions (2), Harpoon Missiles (4), Sabine Wren (2), Thermal Detonators (3), Long Range Scanners (0),

Captain Nym (52)
Scurrg H-6 Bomber (30), Veteran Instincts (1), Harpoon Missiles (4), Twin Laser Turret (6), Bomblet Generator (3), Havoc (0), Engine Upgrade (4), Accuracy Corrector (3), “Genius” (0), Trajectory Simulator (1)

I know they updated the Genius/TS interaction, but I thought having both would still give some extra flexibility on where to put bombs. I might swap out Thermal Detonators for something else too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Take off accuracy corrector, add extra munitions and guidance chips to Nym, and then you have the points for something like ion bombs on Miranda.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Went 4-2 and made the cut with 3nuQD. List did work. Only lost against mirror and nym/miranda

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Tekopo posted:

Went 4-2 and made the cut with 3nuQD. List did work. Only lost against mirror and nym/miranda

Nice. That list is an infuriating beast.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I have a question about using the store champ bye at regionals.

I am going to 2 regionals this year.
ACT: 70+ people
NSW: 100+ people

All the big guns will be at both so I am thinking about using it at the ACT regional so I have less of a chance of playing someone who always makes top 16 in round one. Am I just putting too much thought into this?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'd use the bye on smaller event. Larger event you're more likely to hit a more casual player and go 100-0

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

5-1 With scumbag Fenn and lothal rebel

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

7 of the top 8 at New Mexico regional is rebels. Lot of ghost+Fenn and Poe/Dash

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
God I hope there are lots of ghost lists next weekend. Even with Fenn I can send that list to hell.
This does not include the 2VCX and a ORS list I got my friend to play. He was clubbing baby seals with it today and I think I will regret giving him that list if I play him.

We named the list "The Incredible Bulk"

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Raged posted:

God I hope there are lots of ghost lists next weekend. Even with Fenn I can send that list to hell.
This does not include the 2VCX and a ORS list I got my friend to play. He was clubbing baby seals with it today and I think I will regret giving him that list if I play him.

We named the list "The Incredible Bulk"

I was discussing that list with some friends. Is the ORS better than the generic BSF with accuracy corrector? Same health, same number of red dice but you get 2 hits ever single time. The dial is slightly worse but you do get a 0 stop.

e: I think the question is how much do you value the k-turn over the 0 stop. The red hard one turns don't really matter because you don't need actions for accuracy corrector. Wookiee Commandos also give you a slightly better chance for 3 hits at r1 but only if you don't get an action that turn because otherwise you are taking a target lock or focus which run counter to Wookiee.

ee: I don't think I'm going to the SA regionals this year to defend my title because day 1 is in Gawler not Adelaide and it takes forever to get there. I was looking at a $100 uber or a 2 hour public transport trip. Unless I can find someone to carpool with its looking like an expensive trip. My options are for my flight to get in at 6:50 and then try to sprint to public transport to get there by 9 or get in Friday night and spend more on accommodation, then still have to get to Gawler the next morning.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 4, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I love Rebel Fenn, and 100% called him as the Dark Horse of the wave, but I hate hate hate playing against TLT ghosts. This is just another evolution of Kanan/Biggs, the most boring-rear end list to ever hit the tables.

Hate it so much.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I was discussing that list with some friends. Is the ORS better than the generic BSF with accuracy corrector? Same health, same number of red dice but you get 2 hits ever single time. The dial is slightly worse but you do get a 0 stop.

e: I think the question is how much do you value the k-turn over the 0 stop. The red hard one turns don't really matter because you don't need actions for accuracy corrector. Wookiee Commandos also give you a slightly better chance for 3 hits at r1 but only if you don't get an action that turn because otherwise you are taking a target lock or focus which run counter to Wookiee.

ORS only has 10 health, so a generic Bomber gives you +2

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Some Numbers posted:

ORS only has 10 health, so a generic Bomber gives you +2

I don't know how I missed that. So yeah, accuracy corrector on a BSF just seems better.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jesus Christ that's a lot of health. Wow.

29 hull + 15 shields = 44hp.

Not quite enough hull to pull the entire damage deck tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Jesus Christ that's a lot of health. Wow.

29 hull + 15 shields = 44hp.

Not quite enough hull to pull the entire damage deck tho.

Since they're low agility and harpoons exist, I bet it could happen.

• Locked thread