Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Assuming she is 5 feet tall, which is only two inches shorter than an average adult japanese woman, 69 kilograms is bordering on obesity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think there's an official height for her?

But yeah, fair on the boxes. Still, even in the train scene she guesstimates her weight at 50kg at first, which is still a sight better than all the anime that have normal looking girls that weigh like 80 lbs.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

tsob posted:

Also, is there some way to make embedded webms in to thumbnails, because them breaking the page width on my laptop is a bit annoying.
Not that I'm aware of, but when I make stuff I tend to resize it down to 800x450 to avoid that (this also keeps filesize down).

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Endorph posted:

I don't think there's an official height for her?

But yeah, fair on the boxes. Still, even in the train scene she guesstimates her weight at 50kg at first, which is still a sight better than all the anime that have normal looking girls that weigh like 80 lbs.

Endorph posted:

she's even a bit on the heavier side. in a world where even chubby characters have official weights of like 110 lbs it's nice.

Not sure if this was intentionally ironic, but 50kg is 110 lbs lmao

iirc the initial joke was total weight = 100kg, so I can bring :ninja: 58kg (implying I'm a 92 pounds which would have been average for my age 4 years ago)

I don't think any (edit: positive) statements about weight are being made here.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
its rude to speculate about a young ladys weight

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'll dig some pictures out later of everyone packed up and waiting to be weighed, but the USAP system is similar. They give you 80lbs for your personal cargo. You can request for more depending on your job (or medications, special equipment, etc) but for most people it was just 80lbs.

If you're going by air though you have to be weighed, wearing your ECW (Extreme Cold Weather) gear, with all your bags, as you get on the plane. And this is starting off in New Zealand in their summer so it is not a comfortable situation till you get about 2 hours into the flight and it drops to -GO gently caress YOURSELF degrees.

So I'm not sure if the Japanese system is different or a writer got confused by what "100kg with your weight" meant because it really means that they just need to know the total weight of a person+their cargo as a singular unit. Not that you get less stuff the more you weigh, especially if you're going by boat. Otherwise there'd be a pretty hard cap on the size of person who could go to Antarctica. Which is...far from the case.

Crain fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 1, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Not sure if this was intentionally ironic, but 50kg is 110 lbs lmao

iirc the initial joke was total weight = 100kg, so I can bring :ninja: 58kg (implying I'm a 92 pounds which would have been average for my age 4 years ago)

I don't think any (edit: positive) statements about weight are being made here.
i said chubby!!!! gah!!!!! i regret ever posting in this thread full of pundits and now you must all die

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

me: i think its nice that this show thinks maybe women occupy physical space in some way as opposed to idolmaster or something where the girl that is constantly reminded to lose weight is an average weight and all the normal girls are like 70 pounds

some hosed up weirdo: actually if you calculate the transitive properties of maxwell's first theorem

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Crain posted:

I'll dig some pictures out later of everyone packed up and waiting to be weighed, but the USAP system is similar. They give you 80lbs for your personal cargo. You can request for more depending on your job (or medications, special equipment, etc) but for most people it was just 80lbs.

If you're going by air though you have to be weighed, wearing your ECW (Extreme Cold Weather) gear, with all your bags, as you get on the plane. And this is starting off in New Zealand in their summer so it is not a comfortable situation till you get about 2 hours into the flight and it drops to -GO gently caress YOURSELF degrees.

So I'm not sure if the Japanese system is different or a writer got confused by what "100kg with your weight" meant because it really means that they just need to know the total weight of a person+their cargo as a singular unit. Not that you get less stuff the more you weigh, especially if you're going by boat. Otherwise there'd be a pretty hard cap on the size of person who could go to Antarctica. Which is...far from the case.

That's interesting. I imagine the 100kg thing can be handwaved away as a particular constraint of their contract. Remember that originally only one of them was supposed to go. And the entire mission is cash-strapped.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 1, 2018

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Fangz posted:

That's interesting. I imagine the 100kg thing can be handwaved away as a particular constraint of their contract. Remember that originally only one of them was supposed to go. And the entire mission is cash-strapped.

Oh yeah, it's entirely in line with how things work, just a slight semantic difference. You can also say that Mari misunderstood (Although lying about your weight is a problem which is why the Air Force doesn't even gently caress with asking, they just tell you to grab your stuff and get on the industrial scale).

Moving cargo is an issue because you get into a vicious cycle of: More poo poo = more fuel to move the poo poo = more weight to move in total = more fuel to move the fuel + the more poo poo... etc. etc. etc. Not to mention moving the collected waste of any extra items that are "disposable" so you have to account for what you might be expected to take BACK as well.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I have a personal grudge against people who try to undermine the confidence of others because of their own self-doubt, so this episode did no favors for Megumi in my mind. But the way everyone was freaking out about the dumb rumors and Hinata shut everything down by being the mature one was very good and Hinata retains eternal best girl title.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Helter Skelter posted:

Not that I'm aware of, but when I make stuff I tend to resize it down to 800x450 to avoid that (this also keeps filesize down).

You know, the really stupid thing is that I'm so used to making webms of action scenes from mech shows that I want to preserve size on if possible so that the action is easier to see/follow that I literally never even remembered this option existed till I read your post. I've already made a bunch in 720, but I'll probably just do that for more comic shows where small details probably won't matter as much like this in future.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

New cast member(s) revealed.

more here

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a kitten posted:

New cast member(s) revealed.

more here
Hai, Kazuma-desu! :dance:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

That was so good. :3:

I can't believe they had the energy to be a tourist the same day they arrived from a 12-hour flight though. :v:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

gmq posted:

That was so good. :3:

I can't believe they had the energy to be a tourist the same day they arrived from a 12-hour flight though. :v:

It probably helped that they only experienced a 1 hour time zone shift so they end up avoiding most of the gnarliest of jet lag that one would associate with a East-Westward flight of that length. To them, it probably just felt like they were just stuck in one place for half the day.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I can't believe two crewmembers are already dead, but oh well, Antarctica has no mercy for the careless

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I haven’t seen cute/dumb levels this powerful since JiWaWaWa ended.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

I can't believe two crewmembers are already dead, but oh well, Antarctica has no mercy for the careless

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I haven’t seen cute/dumb levels this powerful since JiWaWaWa ended.

JiWaWaWa?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, I'm slightly confused though, did they get the original tickets back, or did they end up keeping the new tickets?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

Ok, I'm slightly confused though, did they get the original tickets back, or did they end up keeping the new tickets?

They say in the last couple of minutes - they cancelled the new tickets (and I thiiiiink got the mwillion yen back?) and wound up leaving on the original plane as planned.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa (released as My Monster Secret in English). It is a very important manga.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

They say in the last couple of minutes - they cancelled the new tickets (and I thiiiiink got the mwillion yen back?) and wound up leaving on the original plane as planned.

Either way, the punishment was just.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yuzuki is definitely going to kill these girls once they're stuck out in the cold of Antarctica, but will Kimari's power to transform into a plane save them?

I can't wait to find out!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Personally I'm disappointed that they also went and hired the Galo Sengen guys to try and piggyback on the PopTeamEpic shtick.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
This episode had it all. Comedy! Friendship! Air travel! Durians!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh god no!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

You may also want to update the OP to show that as of Ep. 6 Yuzuki's friends have switched from Best to Worst again.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Thanks slovakia

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/960991743251505152

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Who can stand watching an entire episode of pop team epic in one go?

Shirase watching the the in-flight movie was too :3:.
Also:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

You may also want to update the OP to show that as of Ep. 6 Yuzuki's friends have switched from Best to Worst again.

I haven't watched yet so I'll be the judge of that.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Crain posted:

I haven't watched yet so I'll be the judge of that.

Not the worst, but holy they is some loving dumbasses.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Current team statuses updated.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Good

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Shirase status: Still the smuggest, still a hot mess, still in love with penguins, still the best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how is this show funnier than any comedy ever made while also being really touching

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I was definitely expecting that passport to be in someone else's bags, but I was expecting it to be in Kimari's bag.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I like this show about a lonely idol realizing she doesn't need friends after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

God drat this is so good.