Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockules
May 2, 2017
Wrong, the answer is always Vegeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:goku:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I like mashing buttons like a 12-year-old on caffeine and swinging poo poo

This is exactly what Chivalry is for.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I like mashing buttons like a 12-year-old on caffeine and swinging poo poo

Dual swords for button mashing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hell yeah I’m gonna be that dude in Game of Thrones

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I should try more weapons though. Tried dual swords then charge blade and then didn’t try much else.

The bow is pretty drat fun

Edit:

https://twitter.com/rockin_stars/status/958831229364662272

Bow is really drat fun.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 3, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Charge blade my dude.

holy poo poo :stare:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah, there’s a lot to it, but once you get it down, goddamn!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

jfc I bought monster hunter digital deluxe impulsively and I still haven't gotten a chance to boot it up. I've never played any MH game aside from this new one's beta for 10 minutes

I didn't know ranged attacks were an option: I'm always about the archer any game like that

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The game owns. Sooo many play styles to choose from.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

What’s your PSN, hunter?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

on that note, just saw this email:

Special limited time offer for 20% off until the 12th for PSN "valued readers." Is this a generic one everyone got? or at least anyone on the mailing lists...

of course I just used the 10% off one for MH:W. If anyone was looking to buy something and wants 20% off their total purchase and obv didn't get the code lmk

-edit code gone

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 3, 2018

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

What’s your PSN, hunter?

ItsBritneyB-word

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lmao of loving course it is

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is that a mod or Friday Facts?

e: it's friday facts oh shiiiiiiiiiiiii

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
What's so special about it?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I liked the random train appearance in that gif, otherwise I got flashbacks to starcraft with the graphics/and enemy AI rush.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QmvEbphF8c

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What's so special about it?

Factorio is awesome

For years the laser turrets have shot little red bullets. There was a mod to make them beams. Now they're beams, and they're high resolution.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

played a bunch more dbzf

it's so loving nice compared to playing sfv

the inputs are so simple, the characters play differently (even the 3 gokus and 2 vegetas.) and they're all fun and awesome to play

android 16 is the ultimate best character though

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

played a bunch more dbzf

it's so loving nice compared to playing sfv

the inputs are so simple, the characters play differently (even the 3 gokus and 2 vegetas.) and they're all fun and awesome to play

android 16 is the ultimate best character though

Fat pink guy and Android 18 and her hubby are my go to crew. Can't wait to get home and mash some buttons.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Fat pink guy and Android 18 and her hubby and my go to crew. Can't wait to get home and mash some buttons.

my current team is yamcha/16/18

but ive been playing story mode and just got adult gohan and he is insane

its a fantastic fighting game and it looks incredible

this was the tournament in NYC for it this week, I may have to start going to locals again because this is hype

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224462309

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

M_Gargantua posted:

Factorio is awesome

For years the laser turrets have shot little red bullets. There was a mod to make them beams. Now they're beams, and they're high resolution.

Oh, gently caress yeah, I didn't even notice, because I played with that exact mod.

Vanilla beam laser turrets sound dope, and along with the other features recently introduced, I'm really hearing the siren call again.

I mean, gently caress...ARTILLERY TRAINS

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh my god you can charge the shield and sword :stare: :stare: :stare:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh my god you can charge the shield and sword :stare: :stare: :stare:

Yeah there is a LOT you can do with it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im waiting on the PC version of MHW but im glad its so good

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

How many/what mods does gip have installed when playing Factorio?
Semi-intrigued, don't own it.

Might go back into oh-poo poo-12-hrs-have-passed with space rangers series. Being able to talk endbosses into committing suicide via sun is dope, so is the concept of getting LOANS ingame, and if you're lazy-smart you can let one of the 3 robot hordes sterilize the solar system the LOAN came from, thus wiping out your debt.

Me I just like that rockets are overpowered in spaceflight mode, deadly stacked 4x with head howitzer in FPS mode, instant death in arcade mode, and never the solution in text_adventure mode.
That math is correct.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im waiting on the PC version of MHW but im glad its so good

Coming 2020?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my current team is yamcha/16/18

but ive been playing story mode and just got adult gohan and he is insane

its a fantastic fighting game and it looks incredible

this was the tournament in NYC for it this week, I may have to start going to locals again because this is hype

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224462309

I like running Goku/Trunks/Nappa. I've really been enjoying this game even though don't really care about DBZ or most fightman games.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
For some reason I could never get space rangers to run on modern systems but those games were funny with text adventures and stuff, I might need to look into it again.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Space Rangers HD works on modern systems.

space rangers hd trip report:
10 minutes in and I flew into the sun and died while chasing that drone during the spaceflight combat tutorial mission....this happened before and will happen again.
Stuff(planets, space stations, rogue comets) rotates around the sun in each star system, and the sun itself tends to drift around during a game year spent in the same star system.
Restarting & gonna stripdown my starting spaceship so i can buy and deploy automated planetary probes after doing the eath-mars trading run a few times.

And for the spoiler text in my earlier space rangers mention, thats not death by diving into a sun, you can MAKE one of the von-neumman machine AI endbosses collapse itself into a stellar mass.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

I like running Goku/Trunks/Nappa. I've really been enjoying this game even though don't really care about DBZ or most fightman games.

its really really well done

try adult gohan when you can. dude is legit so good

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Semi-intrigued, don't own it.

I started Vanilla with no mods, just to learn the basics.
Then you can move to life improvement mods like long reach, improved start (or however its called).
Then add other miscellaneous mods like F.A.R.L or the recipe book thing.
Then finally go full :spergin: and do Sea Block.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's actually an interesting question, I'm doing a vanilla run right now. I usually run a very light mod list. FARL, SqueakThrough, and Concreep are pretty much it.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Thanks for the Factorio mod list replies.
No idea what most of them do, glad to hear vanilla playthrough is viable.

Right now besides Space Rangers HD, I've got wasteland1, magic carpet plus(super twitchy controls/finicky savegames), strife(going for the neutral ending) and chivalry installed.
Once I beat one or two of the above games, thinking about trying another oldschool game, current lineup is catacombs (FPS), anvil of dawn (rpg), or maybe syndicate plus/chaos overlords(same type of game).

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

For those who don't play factorio, the game is fantastic with NO mods, but the mod menu is fully integrated and stream lined and Far Reach, Squeek Through, and FARL are the only ones I would ever be sad to have to play without.

My normal set is: Advanced Radar, Autofill, Auto Research, Bottleneck, Clock, Crafting Speed Research, Electric furnaces, Far Reach, Flare Stack, Flow control, Fully Automated Rail Layer, Helmod Assistant, Honk, Laser Beam Turrets, Loader Redux, Nanobots, Nuclear Fuel, Nuclear Locomotives, Orbital Ion Cannon, Orphan Finder, Outpost Planner, Picker Extended, Resource Spawner Overhaul, Squeak Through, Train alert, Upgrade Planner, Warehousing, Yet Another Resource Monitor

Occasionally I'll load up the additional 28 mods that make up an "Angel-Bobs" run, which is a fancy way of adding complexity for the sake of complexity, especially as you approach the late game and just want more and more obscure ways to crank your numbers up.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Is the dragonball fighting game you’re talking about friendly to beginners? I’ve never been a fight game person, because of the sheer number of button combinations you have to remember.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dude McAwesome posted:

Is the dragonball fighting game you’re talking about friendly to beginners? I’ve never been a fight game person, because of the sheer number of button combinations you have to remember.

yes

controls are super super simple. For example, every character has an anti- air attack, which is bound to Down+Heavy. Every character has a projectile, bound to X. Every character has combos you can do by just mashing the light attack button. They're not optimized, but they have their own quirks and advantages.

it's way easier than trying to hop into SF or Marvel as a newbie

edit: also all the characters are good in their own right, so pick whoever you want and punch goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ok look maybe I’m confused but it seems like there’s some new DBZ fighting-esque game released every three months for the last 10 years. Am I missing something? The last few years I’ve seen them heavily praised and “it’s nothing like the previous ones this one is totally new and different I swear!”

🤷🏽‍♀️

The PS1 one or PS2 I think it was that had the bland campaign owned. You could shoot the things and teleport and beat up fools gently caress that was the only fun one