Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Some good drinking dorks

Knorth fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
yes we know you have a sister

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

yes we know you have a sister

new LN title?

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Cake Attack posted:

new LN title?

Not long enough

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I Have A Little Sister And Yes, Everyone Knows I Do So

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh neat, Kokkoku was made by the old Manglobe people.

It looks pretty decent, which bodes well for their future work on Golden Kamui.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

im going to level with everyone, a large part of why i like girls und panzer is that star fox 64 conditioned me to love banter between teammates during a fight and girls und panzer is like 80% radio chatter by volume

Did you ever play Ace Combat 5 becuase I don't think any game has more radio chatter per minute of gameplay at all.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOPOSAwDHjc&t=177s

The pearl harbor mission is just you jacked into the comms of everybody on both sides and is chaos!!!

I loved it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Homeworld was also good for radio chatter.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sharky have you played the translated jp version of ace combat 3

i've only played ac2 and 3 but 3 is one of my favorite games ever and it has lots of really weird radio chatter and your teammates just voice messaging you in between missions to voice their thoughts on your reliability as a friend and the shady corporate politics of modern society, in between watching tv programs where a guy talks about his depression over capitalism causing the demise of communism

your introduction to the main villain of the game is you getting sent on a test flight with him and he just spends the entire time telling you to try harder to slam into his plane, and one of the later missions has you just casually flying through a big canyon while your wingman keeps talking to herself and slowly losing her head. it rules

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 4, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPFU7Xr0xp0

Devilman Crybaby (2018)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

Your daughter is wise. That dude sucks.
She's alright. I commend her for pursuing what she wants to do with her life and actually going ahead with that instead of pussyfooting about it. She still has plenty of silly moments, though: For example, she got hilariously mad when she found out that HanaKana was dating Kensho Ono (hardcore Harry Potter fan :mmmhmm:). On the flip side, I don't think I've heard her laugh as hard with anything as she did with Gintoki badly singing the Doraemon theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BazbNJiFdTg

Again, for a young adult (she turned 18 on December), she's alright. :)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwrdTaxBcw0

badminton anime

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More like BADminton

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the mitsuboshi colors anime is so sad. lazy photo backgrounds, constant stills and all the animals this episode looked terrible. some weren't even drawn, just a photo of a turtle

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saving all their money for the Hitoribotchi anime

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

More like BAPminton
FTFY

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i like looking at turtle pics

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Expect My Mom posted:

I Have A Little Sister And Yes, Everyone Knows I Do So

Sorry, but your LN title must be in the form of a question.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

its criminal that there's no simulcast for fate extra last encore, ep 2 is amazing. hope everyone is able to check it out
btw, it's definitely an original story that doesn't require you to have played any of the Extra games. it helps if you think Nero is sexy, though I don't know who wouldn't after this week's ep

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Paracelsus posted:

Sorry, but your LN title must be in the form of a question.

I'll take isekai novel titles for 400.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is that the most extreme head tilt?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

chumbler posted:

Okay, you got me. I want to read this ln.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chumbler posted:

Boa Hancock probably still takes it, though it doesn't look too far off. The fact she's supposed to be looking down but ends up looking backwards/up while he's presumably looking that way intentionally makes the difference if nothing else though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The best Drake in the history of the series, and there have been several very good Drakes.

I've been needing to watch it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

If you come at the king, you best not miss.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the biggest problem with March Comes In Like A Lion is that there are zero headtilts

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

the biggest problem with March Comes In Like A Lion is that there are zero headtilts
While I know that you kid, sometimes I think that Shaft showing "restraint" and not doing their trademarks (while keeping their penchant for fantastic visuals pretty much intact) made the show better.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can see that. March Lion also just couldn't look like say, Monogatari, it's already a visual media rather than a textual one. Shaft making Monogatari utterly surreal looking is a huge appeal for me, maybe the one thing keeping me from reading it instead, but the city of March Lion is a real place with real landmarks, and getting abstract with it would take away lot of the warmth. They still play a lot with visuals, doing long abstractions of Shogi Mindsets that either were single still manga panels or just making them up all together that, yeah, I feel makes it a stronger cohesive whole.

I should read Honey and Clover sometime, Chica Umino is Very Good

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Shaft still kept some of their other trademark visual things in March Lion, like the occasional slow-mo shots of characters turning their heads during dramatic moments, and they always do those tight zoom shots of characters' faces with wildly altered color palettes and flat color backgrounds during any fast-paced comedy dialogue. Those stylistic flairs really mesh well with the show's content, and make me happy.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Anybody still watching Grancrest Senki? I kinda bowed out on it after the second episode, and I've heard people complaining that it's apparently moving at a breakneck pace for a show getting two seasons, something like 16 issues of the manga in the first 3 episodes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Space Flower posted:

its criminal that there's no simulcast for fate extra last encore, ep 2 is amazing. hope everyone is able to check it out
btw, it's definitely an original story that doesn't require you to have played any of the Extra games. it helps if you think Nero is sexy, though I don't know who wouldn't after this week's ep
TBH I had very little interest in a Fate/Extra adapation, but all of the talk that's come out so far from even Nasu about how this is going to be different/weird/unexpected and in the case of your post specifcally that rad screencap of Drake which is not something we got in the vanilla game has me pretty on board.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Garo Vanishing Line is still good, but I kinda feel like the last couple episodes weren't very necessary.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Garo Vanishing Line is still good, but I kinda feel like the last couple episodes weren't very necessary.

Sometimes you gotta fill space to meet the quota

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/_butwhowasfone/status/960282153857703936

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like the "Yandere Stare" in the last one. :swoon:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy Goodbody posted:

The last two episodes weren't necessary but I actually quite like the idea behind both of them, with the latest being an episode to show case Sword's personality and past as well as demonstrating that not every issue will cause or be because of a horror while the previous was used to establish El Dorado and some of it's residents properly, since it's mostly been a rumor and mystery within the show. In saying that though, while the episodes were okay they weren't anything particularly great either despite liking their premise and I really wanted to like them more than I actually do despite that. I hope the show can find it's footing again, because there was a run of about 4 or 5 episodes around the late single digits that were fantastic and the show has felt like it's coasting a little in comparison since then.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the previous episode was necessary because poo poo is gonna kick off immediately once sword gets to el dorado. there wouldn't be time to establish the setting if they only started once the city was on fire.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think the previous episode was necessary because poo poo is gonna kick off immediately once sword gets to el dorado. there wouldn't be time to establish the setting if they only started once the city was on fire.

But you don't need a whole episode to establish that it's a city that looks nice but is full of monsters, that's the whole premise of El Dorado established in the beginning. People think it's going to be great but then they get killed or turned into monsters or whatever, all we learned extra is that that the illusion keeps going after you get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This recent ep of Garo was worth it if for no other reason than the gag with the thugs following Sword's stare.

• Locked thread