Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It's official, New Orleans has the offensive and defensive rookies of the year as both Alvin Kamara and Marshon Lattimore won. It's only the second time that's happened ever.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_aee1c770-0917-11e8-b130-bbfef44827ca.html

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_b5a8d198-091c-11e8-aeba-17ebc28491bf.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

It's official, New Orleans has the offensive and defensive rookies of the year as both Alvin Kamara and Marshon Lattimore won. It's only the second time that's happened ever.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_aee1c770-0917-11e8-b130-bbfef44827ca.html

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_b5a8d198-091c-11e8-aeba-17ebc28491bf.html

Owns. Was hoping this would happen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that cant be right

what about christian mcaffrey

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

that cant be right

what about christian mcaffrey

he received a participation trophy

Edit: What the hell is that gang tag?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

This is a large part of why I feel so good about the past season.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
GM of the year for whoever drafted for the Saints.

Life after Brees is gonna be hard, but this draft class will at least let them contend. I also saw an article that said Kamara was the best RB in the NFL last year by a mile, even accounting for Gurley’s higher volume.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Slowpoke! posted:

Life after Brees is gonna be hard, but this draft class will at least let them contend. I also saw an article that said Kamara was the best RB in the NFL last year by a mile, even accounting for Gurley’s higher volume.

He is really loving good

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

What's awesome is that it's just made Ingram better and probably taken some wear and tear off of him as well.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

Cool. Well deserved. Though I wonder if Lattimore mugged the trophy presenter before the trophy got there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Cool. Well deserved. Though I wonder if Lattimore mugged the trophy presenter before the trophy got there.

:thurman:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

:allears:

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Slowpoke! posted:

How the gently caress Jeff loving Ireland saved this team is beyond me

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

How the gently caress Jeff loving Ireland saved this team is beyond me

There are a lot of moving parts that go to a working front office. It could be that the combination of coach, GM, and owner kept things from working in Miami, or it could be that Ireland was promoted past his level of competency.

Consider how an Adrian Peterson type can't accomplish anything under Payton's offense, but a Kamara/Sproles type turns into a world beater

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

So anything on TV tonight?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Tatsuta Age posted:

So anything on TV tonight?

Nothing worth watching. This will be the first time in like 6 years I haven't watched the Super Bowl.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Was Matt Ryan handing out the trophies?

Would explain how so many Saints ended up with them.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

My dude

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I got nothing other than hopefully Brees isnt handing out the trophy in the endzone while Debo is near.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Hows the game boys? Who you pullin for?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hows the game boys? Who you pullin for?

I live in New England so hail satan

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go touchdown Tommy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Remember when we all wanted to play Philly in the playoffs?

Welp.

Congrats Eagles!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ikr...crazy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Malcolm Jenkins and Patrick Robinson get a ring. :unsmith:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Pershing posted:

Nothing worth watching. This will be the first time in like 6 years I haven't watched the Super Bowl.

you shoulda watched it bro

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Come on down to New Orleans, Malcolm.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/960364597105508352

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I was on team meteor.

I went and did groceries instead of watching this crap.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I was on team meteor.

:hfive:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

I was on team meteor.

Y'all missed the third best Super Bowl ever.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It was a really great game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It was super good except it resulted in Philadelphia getting a title.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

It was super good except it resulted in Philadelphia getting a title.

The worst loving part is the NFC East is now the only division where every team has at least one ring

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

The worst loving part is the NFC East is now the only division where every team has at least one ring

If it's any consolation, Philly is gonna burn itself to the ground tonight

https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/960378789854359553

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Y'all missed the third best Super Bowl ever.

That's a matter of opinion. There was no outcome that resulted in a complete game that would have given me satisfaction.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

That's a matter of opinion. There was no outcome that resulted in a complete game that would have given me satisfaction.

I understand that, but just gameplay wise, it was a hell of a game.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/SportsFrontPage/status/960388684993490944

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

This is where I was. I caught a small window of the game while at my sister in laws house briefly and I just couldnt find a team to pull for. Sounded entertaining at least so thats cool for those that watched, and Im glad the Pats lost, but Im pretty whatever about Philly winning.

We are now officially in offseason mode, lord help us.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Lol for real though. What is NOLAs obsession with Atlanta? Its creepy.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lol for real though. What is NOLAs obsession with Atlanta? Its creepy.

It's just a rivalry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

It's just a rivalry.

Has it always been like this? Serious question as I’ve stepped foot in Atlanta one time. Has it always been like this or did Katrina make it worse or ?

Like living in Chicago I was privy to Pack/Bears, Cubs/Sox and Cubs/Cards and I cant recall another franchise being so wrapped up in their rival where they would do the things the Saints would do to bring things back around to the Falcons?

Just seems weirdly passive aggressive and attention neediness to me but totally unsure of this is a thing or if it’s the age of social media or if Saints media is run by 17 year olds?

• Locked thread