Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

hobbesmaster posted:

in the original bug the pressure for the windshield washer fluid was provided by the spare tire

incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

in the original bug the pressure for the windshield washer fluid was provided by the spare tire

German engineering

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah so basically if you wanted spare-tire redundancy, you had finite driving time in the rain

i mean it was a clever af hack for a superbudget car but yeeeeeeeah

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Volkswagen meaning peoples car

Germans who can afford it go and buy something else

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhfcdQf1QA

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Pryor on Fire posted:

It was only like 10-20 years ago that people would refuse to park a VW in their garage because the electrical fires were so common and people kept losing their houses. I was gonna say that the germans have improved a lot recently but apparently they still gas monkeys and humans so maybe not.

amazing how the march of technology has miniaturized the same worry into something the size of a samsung note

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Bulgakov posted:

amazing how the march of technology has miniaturized the same worry into something the size of a samsung note

lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

nice

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Bulgakov posted:

:perfect:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Bulgakov posted:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
when I was a kid my dad drove an old dasher wagon and I kind of missed that car when we got rid of it

I would totally buy an old thing or something if I had the time/space

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

the hood of a brand new sixty thousand dollar car (incl options and fees)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

atomicthumbs posted:

Look you’re just being a shill for Big Detroit ruining the little guy

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

"within tolerances we made up, ticket closed"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol the comments

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol the comments

quote:

I seriously doubt anything on the Tesla can hold a candle to the corporate atrocities of the ‘70s and 80s such as the infamous Vega.

look, it's not so bad when you compare it to a corvair, ok?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Look you’re just being a shill for Big Detroit ruining the little guy

Nothing will bring Detroit down. *Long stare into camera*

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

The_Franz posted:

hey now, the corvair was a great car once they got rid of the rear suspension that murdered people

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yah corvair notion wasnt bad on the face, they just didnt have suspension modeling back then rly. couple of tweaks and it woulda been fine

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonny 290 posted:

yah corvair notion wasnt bad on the face, they just didnt have suspension modeling back then rly. couple of tweaks and it woulda been fine

the problem wasn't a lack of modeling. it was that once they realized the design was problematic, they didn't do anything.

no one blames GM for failing to foresee the then-unforseeable. we blame them for not immediately recalling a known-dangerous design, even after fixing it for new-production vehicles.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yah their response was really bad, wont deny that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'd imagine they also wouldn't have quite as bad a reputation if their rebuttal to nader's book hadn't been to tap his phones, try to get him in bed with hookers, and dig up dirt on his family members

they certainly wouldn't have quite as bad a reputation if they hadn't been so blatant about the above that they had to admit to all of it in a public senate hearing

all those jokes about GM being run by thugs came from somewhere

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Beamed posted:

Nothing will bring Detroit down. *Long stare into camera*

this was a very good movie.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
the algorithms...what are they doing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cool startup feel posted:

hell, same

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you should definitely get that parasite taken care of tho

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/hashtagoras/status/960196073791860737

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tap water’s a-ok!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jonny 290 posted:

there's teh VW Thing heater.

yep thats a fuel line
and a spark plug
and a blower
and an exhaust pipe

Czech car company Tatra used to have their petrol powered heater in the interior of the car

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cool startup feel posted:

gross, stop rimming people who drink raw water

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol these are in NYC too, which has fantastic tap water.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

san francisco's tap water is so pure they don't even have to filter it. comes straight from the hetch hetchy reservoir in yosemite and they add chlorine and put it in your pipes, that's it.

so naturally everyone only drinks filtered water.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

san francisco's tap water is so pure they don't even have to filter it. comes straight from the hetch hetchy reservoir in yosemite and they add chlorine and put it in your pipes, that's it.

not exactly true that it comes straight from there, its often pumped into calaveras, san andreas reservoir, lower crystal springs reservoirs, so there's quite a lot of introduced sediments and things and still filtered at plants.

but yeah its very good. also i'm doing work up at o'shaughnessy, the water there is so pure it's caused serious damage to the concrete with ion leeching

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Nanomashoes posted:

Tesla more like Car Citizen.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

except for the certain percentage of it that's now local groundwater and which people complain makes it taste odd

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I love when they switch water sources in my area occasionally and it smells like I’m showering in a lake

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The_Franz posted:

im the word "corporate" thrown in there like tesla isn't a corporation

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
everywhere likes to try and brag about how good their local tapwater is but i don’t wanna hear a drat thing until you’ve actually spent time in an area that has really really soft water

hafta descale your faucets and shower heads once in awhile? don’t have any bottling plants nearby? nah your water is fine i guess, like most places that don’t use artesian wells to flush their toilets

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

just go to Iceland and you won’t ever need to bother comparing any tap water again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
hard-as-gently caress water: good for your nutrition, lol forever at your kettles and shower heads