Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't Impact's latest tapings set them up with content that is going to run all the way through April?

That taping session(s?) must have been absolutely exhausting.

Late April I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

smh at this forum bashing fallah bahh and then saying nice things about chris hero like what's the difference

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Emma's first indie booking drew a big house for WrestlePro and the IMPACT Twitch taping.

https://twitter.com/RobbieBarstool/status/959974122871803904

Please note Emma isn't part of the Twitch taping.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Late April I believe.

No wonder Callis can still do New Japan if they're only taping 3 times a year.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I was at that show. People should watch John Morrison vs Danny Maff, that was super. Also a random appearance by Teddy Hart and his loving cat

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dude does an offensive logroll, I absolutely love him now.

here's Fallah getting a pretty decent match out of Shera marred by poo poo editing. Josh Mathews on commentary solo is a nice touch be he just calls the match no bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjawa6yROpc

coconono fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 4, 2018

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

I was at that show. People should watch John Morrison vs Danny Maff, that was super. Also a random appearance by Teddy Hart and his loving cat

I thought Teddy was retired/in prison for some nonsense?

Also it's 2018 and he's still bringing his loving cat along with him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

I thought Teddy was retired/in prison for some nonsense?

Also it's 2018 and he's still bringing his loving cat along with him.

The original kitty died I think someone said, maybe coconono.

He was arrested for DUI/resisting arrest, but I don't know what happened with those charges. It was a while ago and probably his first charge in Texas, so it might have just been a fine and a week or two in jail or something, I've no idea how the law regarding DUI works in Texas.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The original kitty died I think someone said, maybe coconono.

He was arrested for DUI/resisting arrest, but I don't know what happened with those charges. It was a while ago and probably his first charge in Texas, so it might have just been a fine and a week or two in jail or something, I've no idea how the law regarding DUI works in Texas.

https://twitter.com/TeddyHartIsBACK/status/956648937548668929

and here's a mostly not-bullshit fed by Konnan Rolling Stone article to catch you up on the saga of Teddy Hart, professional wrestling's last madman. https://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/the-rise-and-fall-of-wrestlings-weed-dealing-cat-breeding-phenom-20160323

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Hopefully, something along these lines will be in the Observer. This isn't a scoop as it happens every 2 weeks but yet again money has dried up in IMPACT and more talent is looking elsewhere.

Circling back on this.

As I tweeted yesterday I've read infinitely more talk from IMPACT's current regime about wanting to establish and sign a “Great 8” than actual contract signings. Another sign that IMPACT isn't exactly flowing in cash currently.

Someone told me that ROH is aggressively going after 2-3 guys (unnamed) that aren’t signed or are not going to sign. ROH sees the opening as does WWE to sink IMPACT for good - obviously this TNA and TNA will never die I am just stating what I was told.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

rovert posted:

ROH sees the opening as does WWE to sink IMPACT for good

genuinely, why does either company even care? IMPACT has been "sunk for good" for years now, they're barely a shell of what TNA used to be.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

genuinely, why does either company even care? IMPACT has been "sunk for good" for years now, they're barely a shell of what TNA used to be.

Maybe someone in ROH is real mad about losing Moose? I figured they'd have cooled on that after ACH of all people repeatedly owned Moose on twitter for being a giant dipshit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ROH should pick up every woman on the roster if they're gonna have a real women's division

also Cage, Dez, DJZ, Trevor I guess

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's a company that has some talent, a few of with ROH would want. In ROH's case TNA being out of the picture might be an opening to get more of their content on the Fight Network.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

It's a company that has some talent, a few of with ROH would want. In ROH's case TNA being out of the picture might be an opening to get more of their content on the Fight Network.

Or to purchase the library for their new streaming service

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Or to purchase the library for their new streaming service

The library is going to be tough to buy because Anthem could still use it for the Fight Network.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
ROH's core roster is very stale and it has had departures in early 2017 they never replaced.

Also, their live event business is booming, in theory, bringing in extra cash:
https://twitter.com/Laviemarg/status/960516483108491265

Also, you've Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc.’s proposed purchase of Tribune Media Co. With rumours of ROH airing on WGN in the fall.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

ROH should pick up every woman on the roster if they're gonna have a real women's division

also Cage, Dez, DJZ, Trevor I guess

I think DJZ is gone already, I don't think TNA has booked him in months. Cage in ROH would be delicious though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
DJ Z was removed from the roster page last week then re-added. Caused a lot of confusion.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNAs roster page is one of the greatest mysteries in wrestling. They refused to remove King Mo from it for years to the point where it was a running joke, and then presto he came back for a couple matches last year.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

TNAs roster page is one of the greatest mysteries in wrestling. They refused to remove King Mo from it for years to the point where it was a running joke, and then presto he came back for a couple matches last year.

maybe theyve been sending him money this entire time?

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

flashy_mcflash posted:

What did they know and when did they know it? 🤔

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

maybe theyve been sending him money this entire time?

Haha yeah, TNA sending someone money

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Endless Mike posted:

Haha yeah, TNA sending someone money

Sending a part-timer who is famous outside of TNA money though. I think that cancels out the TNA never paying people thing

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Testekill posted:

Sending a part-timer who is famous outside of TNA money though. I think that cancels out the TNA never paying people thing

Is it something that WCW would have done? If yes, TNA would probably do it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

grack posted:

Is it something that WCW would have done? If yes, TNA would probably do it.

And they'll probably do it in a way that hurts them even more

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And they'll probably do it in a way that hurts them even more

bout a week ago tna switched to paying their roster in bitcoin

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Is it weird that I'm not sure if you're kidding or not?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
TNA would never pay talent in bitcoin. Dogecoin seems more their style.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

C. Everett Koop posted:

What's Atlas doing in the Impact Zone?!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
tna to pay their workers in TETHER BONDS

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

TNA would never pay talent in bitcoin. Dogecoin seems more their style.

Funko Pop futures is really more their speed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Funko Pop futures is really more their speed.

Even TNA isn't that lame.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

I dunno. Whenever anybody has said that TNA couldn't get any worse, they buckle down and by God, they prove that person wrong.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MassRafTer posted:

this feels like a dare

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RZApublican posted:

What's Atlas doing in the Impact Zone?!
That's a deep cut

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Interesting tidbit I stumbled onto.

Impact is gonna run live events in Newark and Salinas California. Well supposedly.

https://twitter.com/SantanaLAX/status/960877615824408577

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Holding live events on consecutive nights on opposite sides of the country sounds like a super terrible idea.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Holding live events on consecutive nights on opposite sides of the country sounds like a super terrible idea.

If they're just house shows and TNA is still trying to do that "put a bunch of indie promotions under our banner" thing then that's not the worst thing.

If they're gonna try to put those both on TV at once then yeah that's gonna be a disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I assume they're not moving infrastructure cross-country, but even booking talent for both shows is going to go to poo poo if there's a flight delay/cancellation.