Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I realize I’m probably barking up the wrong tree (NECA, not this thread), but did NECA ever manage to make a Predator with updated articulation and non-loose joints? I dug out my small collection of Kenner homages and they all have insanely floppy hips and/or single joint knees and elbows and/or diagonal cut hips like it’s 1997.

The Ultimate Jungle Hunter is what you want, or I guess the City Hunter if you prefer that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Palpatine is frequently more flesh colored than white/grey in merchandise for some reason.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Why would you make a figure of the worst RLM Guy

Can a person be so wrong? Guess so!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

purple death ray posted:

The Ultimate Jungle Hunter is what you want, or I guess the City Hunter if you prefer that guy.

Are his hips actually build differently or has it only been a year since they came out so the flop hasn’t set in yet? Hive Wars and Lava Planet Predators didn’t flop right out of the box or anything.

Err, not that I’m ungrateful for the help or anything I just want to confirm what you’re telling me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s a pretty different figure. No floppies so far. Far superior to the previous figures.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

It’s a pretty different figure. No floppies so far. Far superior to the previous figures.

Oh cool. Now I wonder how hard it will be to use the core parts to make superior Kenner preds :unsmigghh:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Aphrodite posted:

Palpatine is frequently more flesh colored than white/grey in merchandise for some reason.

Is that just some weird across the board thing? I'm so confused as to why that would be.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
That reminds me of so much Bart Simpson merchandise in the '90s that always had him in a light blue shirt instead of the red shirt he ALWAYS wore on the show.

After 35 years of reading comics, I still do a double-take every time I see Captain Cold as a normal white dude, which is his regular look he's had since the Silver Age -- and I'm a big fan of the character! This is only because I was introduced to him at a very young age on the Super Friends cartoon, where he had pale blue skin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is that just some weird across the board thing? I'm so confused as to why that would be.

No clue why, but he's even been like swampy green in some merch.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Palpatine looks great. That could be the first Hot Toys figure I buy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Aphrodite posted:

No clue why, but he's even been like swampy green in some merch.

lol, wtf.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

This was Yoda in the original Marvel adaptation of The Empire Strikes Back:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Davros1 posted:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Davros1 posted:

This one is kind of excusable. That Yoda is essentially the original Ralph McQuarrie concept, and it's probably the only reference the artist had to go on since the comic was in production before the movie was out.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Look as good as Jobu, in 900 years you will not.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So Hot Topic had a blind box sale. I had a fever and here’s the result.

I have a lot of doubles left, anyone interested?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I would like a Ryu and Zero, yes, please.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'll take a Chun-Li off your hands!

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Re: the new Thanos BAF, does the Infinity gauntlet have all 6 gems in it?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/05/updated-look-supernatural-dean-sam-head-sculpts-qmx-284688

New paint work on the Supernatural heads. Looks better than the prototype did.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Re: the new Thanos BAF, does the Infinity gauntlet have all 6 gems in it?

https://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=23&itemid=22705

Yeah, looks to be the case.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Is there a proper Breath of the Wild Figma yet? I can only find the Medicom one and the Nendoroid by googling.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
No.

TBH though, I kind of hate Link’s baby blue bib, so despite being my favorite game maybe ever, and having all the other Zelda figmas, I’d probably skip it if he’s wearing the Champions Tunic.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

No.

TBH though, I kind of hate Link’s baby blue bib, so despite being my favorite game maybe ever, and having all the other Zelda figmas, I’d probably skip it if he’s wearing the Champions Tunic.

Same. BOTW Link needs to be a Barbie with lots of outfits. But also no soft goods because those are trash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trash like BOTW.

Boom got 'em.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Same. BOTW Link needs to be a Barbie with lots of outfits. But also no soft goods because those are trash.

Like the Splatoon 2 figures?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Guy Goodbody posted:

Where is this figure from? That would go great with the World of Nintendo Splatoon Girl figure I managed to find.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rirse posted:

Where is this figure from? That would go great with the World of Nintendo Splatoon Girl figure I managed to find.

https://hlj.com/product/BANN19027

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I thought I was kidding but yeah this would be great.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Does anybody here collect Dragonball figuarts and want to offload some? I'm looking for some rare ones but the prices have soared aftermarket on ebay and the like and I figured I'd try my chances here. I thought about posting a thread in SA Mart but didn't really think people would be looking there. If someone here has anything and wants to PM me I would appreciate it.

If this violates the spirit of this thread I'm happy to remove the post and start a thread in SA Mart.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Does anybody here collect Dragonball figuarts and want to offload some? I'm looking for some rare ones but the prices have soared aftermarket on ebay and the like and I figured I'd try my chances here. I thought about posting a thread in SA Mart but didn't really think people would be looking there. If someone here has anything and wants to PM me I would appreciate it.

If this violates the spirit of this thread I'm happy to remove the post and start a thread in SA Mart.

Whichever "rare" one you're talking about is likely to either get a Premium Color edition, or a complete 2.0 like final form Freeza, Namek Goku, SSJ3 Goku, etc.

Krillin and the Android twins are the only super hard to get figures without a re-release of some kind in sight...but I'm sure they're coming.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At this point I just got the 'model kits' for Android 17 and 18 for 20 which look really good even if they take about a hour to assemble. Speaking of Dragon Ball, I found at Think Geek (was looking to see if they had the Deadpool or new Spiderman Marvel Legend wave but not yet) and they had the 'american' second wave of Dragon Ball figures of Hit and Super Trunks. Bought both and really like them a lot, didn't see the rest so no finishing Fused Zamasu for now.

Did notice Future Trunk is a bit taller then the figuarts I have of him, but then again Future Trunk was always a bit too small, as he was barely bigger then the old 90s 5 inch figure my brother got at a flea market one time. I probably get a picture of those two with some other Dragon Ball figuarts and Bandai ones I got along with the 17 and 18 to show how they look.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
S.H. Figuarts Trunks is him at like 17 years old, while he’s about 30 in Dragon Ball Super. He’s to scale with Figuarts Goku in terms of height.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Whichever "rare" one you're talking about is likely to either get a Premium Color edition, or a complete 2.0 like final form Freeza, Namek Goku, SSJ3 Goku, etc.

Krillin and the Android twins are the only super hard to get figures without a re-release of some kind in sight...but I'm sure they're coming.

Yeah Krillin is one of them. The other stuff is mostly SDCC stuff like Broly and Kaioken Goku. Or Ultimate Gohan whose price has shot up a little recently. Just thought I'd try my luck. Definitely going to keep my fingers crossed for a Krillin re-release.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

That would make sense then. Here then together by the way. Having trouble finding my other Trunk figures so they are left out.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Just got the Amazing Pajama-Man out of his box.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

The Rage posted:

So Hot Topic had a blind box sale. I had a fever and here’s the result.

I have a lot of doubles left, anyone interested?

I'm interested in any of the Thundercats!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Honestly, the Figure-rise Krillin is kinda better in terms of aesthetic and scale compared to the actual release. The FR kits all fail when it comes to anything with hair but for the bald figures they're actually great.

On my end my SHF DBZ collection currently has:

SSGSS Vegeta
Super Vegeta
PC SS Vegeta
Scouter Vegeta
Namek saga custom Vegeta (pic below)
Awakening Goku
SSGSS Goku
SS God Goku
Vegetto
Piccolo (regular)
Teen Gohan (regular)
Ultimate Gohan
Battle Damaged Gohan
PC Trunks
Saiyan Armor Trunks
PC Perfect Cell
OG Frieza
Tien Shinhan
Yamcha

I also have a Datong Frieza which I'd be willing to part with for cheap, it's actually quite good and the only reason I got the legit Frieza despite the PC coming soon (which I'm also getting) is because I saw a ridiculous deal for him on Facebook and the seller was reliable. Got him complete in box for $120 shipped.

Currently order/on the way:

Namek Goku 2.0
Kid Goku
Majin Vegeta
Roshi

Still on the fence about Goku Black. I do enjoy Super, though, so I'll probably cave and get him.

Edit: forgot I also have Whis, Beerus, and Nappa. :doh:

Still on the lookout for 17 and 18, and debating an FR or an actual Krillin. They're all way too expensive, hence I'm mostly just biding my time. FR androids don't look good next to SHF, the scale is off.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 6, 2018

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I currently have:

Goku
Awakening Goku
SSJ Goku (Currently sporting a custom SSJ2 head)
SSJ3 Goku 2.0
SSJGod Goku
SSJBlue Goku
Piccolo
SSJ/SSJ2 Gohan
SSJ Vegeta 2.0
Trunks (Original release/color)
Beerus
Whis
Golden Freeza

I have Kid Goku, Roshi, Namek Goku 2.0 and Final Form Freeza 2.0 on order. As soon as Bulma, SSJ 3 Gotenks and Fat Buu are up for preorder, I’m jumping on that.

That leaves Goku Black, Vegetto, Adult Gohan, Krillin, the androids, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Cell, Nappa, Scouter Vegeta and Blue Vegeta for released/announced figures that I’d like, but am not willing to pay for just yet. I really want an Adult Gohan head piece to just chuck onto base Goku. Anyone know of someone who makes those?

There’s random alternate color versions of some people, Battle Damaged Gohan, or Trunks’ saiyan armor/Time Patroller looks that I just don’t care about. Gimme Super Trunks though! And adult Mai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I have:
Base Goku 1.0
SSJ Goku 1.0 (yellow gi)
SSJ Goku Awakening
SSG Goku
Scouter Vegeta 2.0
SSJ Vegeta 1.0
SSGSS Vegeta
Vegito
Teen Gohan (cape)
Teen Gohan (ripped clothes)
Adult Gohan
Trunks 1.0
Trunks (Battle Armor)
Piccolo (yellow arms)
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien
Frieza 1.0
Golden Frieza
Cell 1.0
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Nappa
Beerus

I got most of of the DBZ figuarts guys at release because their prices seem to skyrocket on the aftermarket. I'm kicking myself for skipping a few. Namely SSGSS Goku and Broly who are $200-300+ now.

I should probably snatch SSJ3 Goku 2.0 and Whis before their prices get dumb. I'm not a huge fan of SSJ3 but that figure is up to $80 now. I'm considering getting SSJ Vegeta 2.0 because the original kinda sucks. Maybe I can sell that one. The only other figures I'd want to "upgrade" are SSJ1 Goku and Piccolo.

As for ones coming out, Kid Goku, Master Roshi, Fat Buu and Majin Vegeta are all mandatory. I'll probably get Goku Black, too.